PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Dorsey leads Herald-Tribune

09-13-2012, 12:10 AM
http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=SH&Date=20120912&Category=ARTICLE&ArtNo=120919883&Ref=AR&Profile=2416&MaxW=198&border=0
Patrick Dorsey, 44

Patrick Dorsey has been named publisher of the Herald-Tribune.

He succeeds Diane H. McFarlin.

Dorsey has been president and publisher of the Tallahassee Democrat.

"It's an opportunity for me to go to face new challenges and make a difference for the community," said Dorsey.

While at the Tallahassee Democrat, Dorsey increased its focus on local news.

Halifax Media owns 38 daily and...

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20120912/ARTICLE/120919883/2416/NEWS?Title=Dorsey-named-Herald-Tribune-publisher&tc=ar

09-13-2012, 10:28 AM
The tone and tenor of the paper has already changed. Is this in anticipation of Pat Dorsey’s takeover? His forte at Tallahassee Democrat was covering the big picture (environment, educational institutions, etc.) Today’s SHT articles are about Piney Point phosphate and New College. Good, now finish cleaning house. Make a difference in the community: omit Lee Williams’ byline and put him on generic “staff report” blurbs.

09-13-2012, 12:09 PM
Patrick Dorsey has been named publisher of the Herald-Tribune.

Hey FNG, here’s what you can do to improve quality. Run online articles as usual with reporters’ bylines. At the bottom, put this:
“To contact the editor responsible for this story: JoeBlow@SHT.com”

Businessweek does it.

09-14-2012, 12:19 PM
Like so: “City editor Bart Pfankuch is the editor responsible [irresponsible] for Lee Williams’ stories.”

09-14-2012, 01:53 PM
Pat Dorsey, got another suggestion for ya. Make that:

“City editor Thomas Bart Pfankuch, arrested for stealing fishing lures at Walmart on Lockwood Ridge Rd.”

ManateeClerk.com
Case # 2005MM002800
Retail theft

Great outfit ya got there, Patty Boy. :cop:

09-14-2012, 02:22 PM
Pat Dorsey, got another suggestion for ya. Make that:

“City editor Thomas Bart Pfankuch, arrested for stealing fishing lures at Walmart on Lockwood Ridge Rd.”

ManateeClerk.com
Case # 2005MM002800
Retail theft

Great outfit ya got there, Patty Boy. :cop:

Bart is also the same guy who walked up to a murder suspects front door in Palm Aire after she shot and killed a co-worker in Sarasota and while the suspects home was under surveillance pending search and arrest warrants

09-14-2012, 03:00 PM
Colonel Steve Burns as a criminal defendant:

http://freepdfhosting.com/be564ecded.pdf

You can read about the domestic violence injunction here:

http://freepdfhosting.com/2c62e24eb6.pdf

Is Lee Williams also responsible for Burns being a criminal defendant for domestic battery in the above cases? :snicker:

This is bizarre. The criminal history of Colonel Burns was posted (wife beating), so now the criminal history of Thomas Bart Pfankuch is posted (retail theft). Is it tit for tat?

09-14-2012, 06:29 PM
This is bizarre. The criminal history of Colonel Burns was posted (wife beating), so now the criminal history of Thomas Bart Pfankuch is posted (retail theft). Is it tit for tat?
Dear Lying Lee & Fivefinger Bart,

Your inquiry is appreciated. Here’s your answer:

No, you friggin idiots. We believe you are dangerous jackwagons. We’re in the process of publishing our own news source, something along the lines of The LEO’s Front United (F.U.) against wayward scumbucket journalists. Truth and justice. See ya.

09-14-2012, 06:35 PM

No, you friggin idiots. We believe you are dangerous jackwagons. We’re in the process of publishing our own news source, something along the lines of The LEO’s Front United (F.U.) against wayward scumbucket journalists. Truth and justice. See ya.

Steve Burns is putting up an outstanding front and Tom Knight is standing directly behind him!!! Right behind his man!!! :twisted:

Hummmmm Knight is behind Burns? :lol: That could explain why Burns is walking like a duck every time he crosses Ringling to go home. :snicker:

09-14-2012, 07:31 PM
I miss Larry Dunklee. :snicker:

09-14-2012, 08:02 PM

Up & running. Fame comin' your way, boys.

09-14-2012, 11:15 PM
Best and Worst Jobs of 2012
Ranked from best (#1) to worst (#200), newspaper reporters are #196, according to The Wall Street Journal.

According to LEO Front United (FU) this does not apply to Lee Williams and Bart Pfankuch, who rank as negative integers. That is, until they’re unemployed and apply for a cashier job at Walmart. Instant upward mobility! . . . zooms them to #157. Bart's trespass warning stemming from the shoplifting arrest has probably expired by now.

Low prices. Every day. Think I’ll get me some googly worms, power wigglers and husky jerks. Bag it for me, boys.

09-15-2012, 02:17 AM
I miss Larry Dunklee. :snicker:

That makes one of you. You must be the only one who found his "arranging the furniture" constantly to be "cute".

09-15-2012, 03:12 AM
SH-T: “Mike Connelly has been the executive editor since January 2004. He is responsible for news coverage in the newspaper.”

Memo to Pat Dorsey the new Sarasota Herald-Tribune guy. We’re enjoying big laughs at your expense, newbie. Gladhanding SHT staffers are lining up to flimflam you and we’re laying odds they’ll win. My money is on Kirk Douglas, the hole-in-the-chin guy known to you as executive editor Mike Connelly. He’s gonna act all erudite in a used-car-salesman way, then jerk your chain and manipulate you into moving your body on his command, by using his well worn cliché, “Raise your hand if you . . .” A real puppeteer, that guy.

Mike Connelly is bullish on the latest, hippest journalistic trend: “enterprise reporting” (enterprise journalism), also known as cheapo journalism – hole fillers in lieu of news because there isn’t much news in Sarasota. So Mike unleashes enterprising reporters to do enterprise journalism, ie., to manufacture scoops, to find a story where none exists except in the reporter’s imagination. For readers, it’s like gnawing on Rocky Mountain oysters instead of the real thing. Frankly, we’re done eating bull t e s t i c l e s.

Speaking of Kirk Douglas, remember the 1951 flick “Ace in the Hole”? – about a reporter trying to resurrect his career by stalling the rescue of a trapped miner, so he can milk it and write a series of headline-grabbing stories. Because of the reporter’s manipulation, the miner dies. There you have it: enterprise reporting.

But ha ha ha ha. The final camera shot in “Ace” is one of the best in filmdom; the reporter does a hellacious crash ‘n’ burn. :mrgreen:

09-15-2012, 01:00 PM
“Sensationalism:
Events and topics in news stories and pieces are over-hyped to increase viewership or readership numbers…may include reporting about generally insignificant matters and events that don't influence overall society and biased presentations of newsworthy topics in a sensationalist, trivial or tabloid manner . . . tactics include being deliberately obtuse, appealing to emotions, being controversial, intentionally omitting facts and information, being loud, self-centered and acting to obtain attention.”

No difference between ENTERPRISE REPORTING and SENSATIONALISM. Executive editor Mike Connelly was desperately trying to hang onto his job when he hired reporter Lee Williams who has a reputation for all the above. Connelly knew Williams had been run out of town by other newspapers. Mike Connelly is a stat hungry sleazeball who ran the Sarasota Herald-Tribune into the ground.

09-15-2012, 01:21 PM
Mike Connelly: “Raise Your Hands.” Watch him talk about newspaper publicity stunts, starting at minute 5:38
[youtube:18vxksgf]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQg7sUFcg0c[/youtube:18vxksgf]

Mike Connelly: Emphasizing Enterprise Reporting. “Even insurance can be interesting if you tell the story right.” Problem is Mike doesn’t know the difference between right and wrong.
http://www.ajr.org/Article.asp?id=5284

09-15-2012, 02:09 PM
Cheaters, liars and thieves at Sarasota Herald Tribune. :cop:

SSO 2nd floor too. :shock:

That's why deputies are talking. :shock:

The rookies still believe in the think blue line. :roll:

After you get suspended without pay for accidentally backing into a mailbox in your patrol car or showing up late to a meeting, then you'll start to see the light. Meanwhile, a Knight staff member is accused of kiddie focking, but Knight refuses to conduct an IA investigation against him, even when she provided a recorded statement testifying that the focking began when she was a minor.

It's alllllllll about who you know. :?

09-15-2012, 06:04 PM
High-tech warfare, on sale in Tampa
Sarasota Herald-Tribune (FL) - Saturday, May 26, 2012 / Author: LEE WILLIAMS
TRADE SHOW: The latest in military wares, for elite buyers, and forces

TAMPA – “They were selling submarines in Tampa this week. And drone airplanes, machine guns and night-vision goggles. At the National Defense Industrial Association exhibition, a trade show peddling special forces military equipment, the aisles were filled with Green Berets, Navy SEALs, special forces from the United Arab Emirates and commandos from friendly South American countries wearing camouflage clothing.
The event is not open to the public, of course, just military and government agents with a few reporters allowed in. This is special forces military equipment, after all -- not the sort of gear just anyone is allowed to see, much less buy.”

Which SHT imbecile authorized this? :roll: The reporter is hotheaded, aggressive and gets in people’s faces, using his hefty bulk to intimidate. The guy advertises his fascination with weaponry on his wife’s facebook page with photos of their matching AK-47s. Check with The Times Journal in Delaware where they thought his gun fetish was sick. Has he scared anyone in the SHT newsroom yet? You Sarasota Herald Tribune numbnuts are an irresponsible bunch of idiots for letting him get inside the trade show. It wouldn’t surprise anyone in law enforcement to get a call from SHT about workplace violence.

09-15-2012, 06:08 PM
I love Lee Williams and the Herald-Tribune and I've been in law enforcement for almost 25 years. :mrgreen:

I don't care for Burnsie, BUT he is the one who told me to read the H-T every day. :cop:

09-15-2012, 06:31 PM
I love Lee Williams and the Herald-Tribune and I've been in law enforcement for almost 25 years. :mrgreen:

I don't care for Burnsie, BUT he is the one who told me to read the H-T every day. :cop:

Thanks Lee! You should love yourself beore you can love others.

09-15-2012, 07:48 PM

Thanks Lee! You should love yourself beore you can love others.

WRONG AGAIN! 0 for 5......

09-15-2012, 08:05 PM

After you get suspended without pay for accidentally backing into a mailbox in your patrol car or showing up late to a meeting, then you'll start to see the light. Meanwhile, a Knight staff member is accused of kiddie focking, but Knight refuses to conduct an IA investigation against him, even when she provided a recorded statement testifying that the focking began when she was a minor.

So exactly what is it that Lee Williams is going to do an exposé on? And why the rush for Kurt Hoffman, Steve Burns and Tom Knight to smear Lee Williams? Either the article will be a dud or it will have some zing to it. Seriously, does anybody have any idea what it's about???

09-15-2012, 08:22 PM

So exactly what is it that Lee Williams is going to do an exposé on? And why the rush for Kurt Hoffman, Steve Burns and Tom Knight to smear Lee Williams? Either the article will be a dud or it will have some zing to it. Seriously, does anybody have any idea what it's about???

I know. I dont want to blow it but it will have zing to it for sure. They are trying to smear Lee Williams so he wont print it or try to discredit him before he does. Problem is, what he is printing is factual, serious and can be proven no matter how much they try to discredit Lee Williams. Its a fast moving train and wont stop.

09-15-2012, 09:40 PM
I know. I dont want to blow it but it will have zing to it for sure. They are trying to smear Lee Williams so he wont print it or try to discredit him before he does. Problem is, what he is printing is factual, serious and can be proven no matter how much they try to discredit Lee Williams. Its a fast moving train and wont stop.
Lee Williams a/k/a Lone Wolf a/k/a Lupus (wolf in Latin.) :roll: Without a doubt.

09-16-2012, 10:31 AM
Wherever he goes, reporter Lee Williams eventually stands out in the newsroom -- as a maverick with an anti-authority/anti-government bent.

There’s more here than meets the eye IMO. Just look at his sources and supporters who post Facebook comments on his stories. I get queasy when I recognize their political motivations and anarchist leanings.

As an historical footnote, the govt used journalists during the Cold War as operatives, “to acquire and evaluate information, and to plant false information,” according to Carl Bernstein. Get the lay of the land, observe command structure, get names. Relay messages. Journalists did it for love of country, in the national interest.

Lee Williams appears to be a different kind of journalist operative.

09-16-2012, 11:53 AM
Dear Patrick Dorsey, Mike Connelly, Bart Pfankuch / Sarasota Herald-Tribune:

You made me love you
I didn't want to do it, I didn't want to do it
You made me love you
And all the time you knew it
I guess you always knew it
-as sung by Nat King Cole

Lee Wallace Williams d.o.b. 01/02/1964

Arresting Agency: Minnesota Attorney General, St. Paul
County of crime: Martin County, MN
Crime: Offense code 624.7141 / Transfer Weapon to Ineligible Person
Case Number: 082238
Disposition: CONVICTED, received probation 11/30/1998

Other Crime
Crime: Gross Misdemeanor
Case Number: 97000134
Disposition: CONVICTED

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/16570_1199773798044_3331052_n.jpg

09-16-2012, 02:35 PM
Sheriff Tom Knight was arrested, prosecuted and convicted for disorderly conduct. Knight openly admits this.
. [/*:m:1ye4nfhb]
Colonel Steve Burns (http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=140633&p=952854#p952854) has a criminal history for domestic battery (http://freepdfhosting.com/be564ecded.pdf) and a domestic injunction (http://freepdfhosting.com/2c62e24eb6.pdf). He also has other battery allegations which are not listed here. Burns has never been interviewed about this.
. [/*:m:1ye4nfhb]
Tom Knight, Steve Burns and Lee Williams all allegedly have criminal histories!!! :cop: [/*:m:1ye4nfhb]

[youtube:1ye4nfhb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQyUKnCf0YY[/youtube:1ye4nfhb]

09-16-2012, 02:44 PM
Wherever he goes, reporter Lee Williams eventually stands out in the newsroom -- as a maverick with an anti-authority/anti-government bent.

There’s more here than meets the eye IMO. Just look at his sources and supporters who post Facebook comments on his stories. I get queasy when I recognize their political motivations and anarchist leanings.

As an historical footnote, the govt used journalists during the Cold War as operatives, “to acquire and evaluate information, and to plant false information,” according to Carl Bernstein. Get the lay of the land, observe command structure, get names. Relay messages. Journalists did it for love of country, in the national interest.

Lee Williams appears to be a different kind of journalist operative.
Thanks Lee! You must loveurself before you can love others! I hink you should run for Sheriff, I mean president, I mean master of the universe. You have multiple personalities. You post then you post to support your posts. I think it is just me and Lee Williams on this thread.

09-16-2012, 02:49 PM
I think it is just me and Lee Williams on this thread.

Who is S-109? My SSO lists jumps from 103 (Platt) to 141 (Gow).

09-16-2012, 03:31 PM
He's a retiree. He couldn't get enough when he was here and he still can't get enough now. He was opinionated then and, well, as you can see, nothing has changed, except that he's discovered the internet as his new outlet!!!! :shock:

He stayed here for as long as possible and he constantly told people that it was staying just because it bothered Balkwill. :roll:

09-16-2012, 03:32 PM

S109 is a has been who was a nobody when he was here (thinks he was god but wasnt) and sits around his computer in Nokomis on the front porch of his trailer and throws shots and stuff he doesnt know about. What a moron!

09-16-2012, 03:40 PM

http://static.neatoshop.com/images/product/75/675/Warning-Retiree_2583-l.jpg?v=2583

09-16-2012, 03:51 PM
Sheriff Tom Knight was arrested, prosecuted and convicted for disorderly conduct. Knight openly admits this.
. [/*:m:2nrjnpw7]
Colonel Steve Burns (http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=140633&p=952854#p952854) has a criminal history for domestic battery (http://freepdfhosting.com/be564ecded.pdf) and a domestic injunction (http://freepdfhosting.com/2c62e24eb6.pdf). He also has other battery allegations which are not listed here. Burns has never been interviewed about this.
. [/*:m:2nrjnpw7]
Tom Knight, Steve Burns and Lee Williams all allegedly have criminal histories!!! :cop: [/*:m:2nrjnpw7]

I heard rumors for years about multiple allegations against Burns for committing multiple batteries and how those cases were swept under the carpet, but this is the first time I've seen some paperwork on it. I told Lee Williams about the rumors, but I didn't have any x44 to prove it.

Is there more paperwork about the other battery cases?

09-16-2012, 04:03 PM
[quote="S-109":220p49em] I think it is just me and Lee Williams on this thread.

http://static.neatoshop.com/images/product/75/675/Warning-Retiree_2583-l.jpg?v=2583[/quote:220p49em]

Yup, S-109 in a nutshell !

09-16-2012, 06:36 PM
Dear Patrick Dorsey, Mike Connelly, Bart Pfankuch / Sarasota Herald-Tribune:

Lee Wallace Williams d.o.b. 01/02/1964

Other Crime
Disposition: CONVICTED

I understand the new owner of SHT will refrain from recommending candidates running for political office.

Speaking of running, Lee Williams has had 22 addresses prior to moving to Sarasota.
He outran his Chapter 7 bankruptcy. He outran the Overland Park KS Police Dept which had enough of him after a little more than one year. Statistically, cops who leave during their first two years leave under duress, forced resignation or termination.

09-16-2012, 06:48 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdyD2vqO6ekyt4rnW6yNZ41MerSwXeK _aV48Gc42WY0Kz6snjDyeAvVvFQXA
Bob Brongel

http://www.myfloridacfo.com/pressoffice/newsletter/2009/112709/Bob-Brongel_CAP-award.jpg
Left to right: Wanda White, Robert Brongel (DIF) and Juliane Day (President of FLA-PAC)

Bob, you were always excellent at research! :cop:

[email:2ap3u4zo]robert.brongel@myfloridacfo.com[/email:2ap3u4zo]

It's all public record, to include the names and pics and everything else.

09-16-2012, 10:43 PM
. [/*:m:1218pegn]
. [/*:m:1218pegn]
Tom Knight, Steve Burns and Lee Williams all allegedly have criminal histories!!! :cop: [/*:m:1218pegn]

I heard rumors for years about multiple allegations against Burns for committing multiple batteries and how those cases were swept under the carpet, but this is the first time I've seen some paperwork on it. I told Lee Williams about the rumors, but I didn't have any x44 to prove it.

Is there more paperwork about the other battery cases?
Lee, I am surprised a superstar "investigative journalist" like yourself can't find "x44".

09-17-2012, 01:34 AM
Lee, I am surprised a superstar "investigative journalist" like yourself can't find "x44".
Someone's going to find Lee, though. :wink:

The baying wolves from Lee’s past are soon to come knocking on his door. It’s a good thing he finally paid off his MN tax lien or the entire stated would be after him. I’m not so sure about Mr. Nguyen’s $6,091 judgment award though. Minnehaha-ha.

Did I say tax lien? What’s up with the ex-army-disgruntled-former-cop-heavily-armed-militia-looking-lone-wolf types who don’t pay their taxes?

09-17-2012, 01:50 AM
Maybe it is the same thing as what is up with short, blonde, child raping former deputies and the blue line losers who protect them! Is there anyone in the SSO command staff that has any honor, integrity, or decency? Is there any SSO command staff with any morals? Any ethics? Hey big guys...you can cover up for him and he can get away with it. Do any of you believe in God? You won't be able to get around Him when the time comes. You should be begging for forgiveness and taking your punishment here on earth.

09-17-2012, 03:20 AM
Lady, you're as bat s h i t crazy as Lee Williams

09-17-2012, 03:25 AM
Maybe it is the same thing as what is up with short, blonde, child raping former deputies and the blue line losers who protect them! Is there anyone in the SSO command staff that has any honor, integrity, or decency? Is there any SSO command staff with any morals? Any ethics? Hey big guys...you can cover up for him and he can get away with it. Do any of you believe in God? You won't be able to get around Him when the time comes. You should be begging for forgiveness and taking your punishment here on earth.
The problem is Ron is a man of no convictions and Lee is a man of many (criminal) convictions. Ron committed no crime according to FDLE. Lee should right a greatarticle on crime starting with himself.

09-17-2012, 03:59 AM
109, thats not saying a lot when Tom Knight also has a criminal arrest and conviction.

09-17-2012, 02:11 PM
LEE WALLACE WILLIAMS d.o.b. 01/02/1964

Other Crime
Disposition: CONVICTED[/b]
Speaking of running, Lee Williams has had 22 addresses prior to moving to Sarasota.
He outran his Chapter 7 bankruptcy. He outran the Overland Park KS Police Dept which had enough of him after a little more than one year.

The problem is Lee is a man of many (criminal) convictions. Lee should write a great article on crime starting with himself.
A drifter and deadbeat dad from Michigan landed in Desoto Co., Charlotte Co., and then Manatee Co. The bum works in a car wash and had an arrest record. Lee Williams discovered him as a story source.

“Homeless Man Accuses Police of Rights Violation,” 9/23/2011, by Lee Williams.
Apparently this was Lee Williams’ waterloo at the Bradenton Herald because Lee was an unemployed reporter about a week afterward, when his final BH story appeared in print 9/29/2011.

Lee and his conniving disreputable source concocted a headline-grabbing scenario, hoping to capitalize on the hot-button issue of homeless people. But Lee failed to mention his source was a deadbeat dad running from parental obligations, who had been arrested on a DeSoto warrant for nonsupport 8/16/2011 – a month prior to Lee Williams’ trumped up story. In the end, the BH issued a retraction because Lee Williams intentionally left out information which skewed the story into a big fat lie. This is the m.o. that always gets him in trouble. Sarasota Herald-Tribune must like this type of deceitful reporting because Lee Williams’ byline began appearing in SHT within 3 months on12/11/2011.

These are the types of sources Lee Williams uses (manipulators, weirdos and liars with arrest records, kind of like Lee Williams himself) who have an axe to grind against cops:

http://florida.arrests.org/Arrests/Matthew_Hazel_5681149/
Nonsupport – DeSoto County 8/16/2011

http://florida.arrests.org/Arrests/Matthew_Hazel_4187874/
10/22/2004 Charlotte County

ManateeClerk.com/ case # 2012CC003149

09-17-2012, 02:25 PM
The problem is Ron is a man of no convictions and Lee is a man of many (criminal) convictions. Ron committed no crime according to FDLE. Lee should right a greatarticle on crime starting with himself.

Hope you dont have a child 109! If you do, you are probably a kiddie fokker too! He was cuddling a 14 year old girl and telling her he loved her! Is that not sick to you?? Probably isnt being you are are a child molester yourself - otherwise you would not defend such an action! He also was caught screwing 2 SSO Deps wives in his career. Someone to look up to, right 109? Again, someone called you scum - that is what you are.

09-17-2012, 02:56 PM
These are the types of sources Lee Williams uses (manipulators, weirdos and liars with arrest records).

Do you admit that Tom Knight has an arrest and conviction? :mrgreen:

Do you admit that Steve Burns has a criminal history for wife beating? :cop:

These criminal misdemeants are in charge of good hardworking deputies at the Sarasota Sheriff's Office! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFCM6TZgTMI) :roll:

09-17-2012, 03:01 PM
shut up Crazy Lady. as an inquisitor, you leave a lot to be desired. pray to God for guidance as to why your promiscuous dau's sex life made newspaper headlines courtesy of Lee Williams.

09-17-2012, 03:13 PM
A drifter and deadbeat dad from Michigan landed in Desoto Co., Charlotte Co., and then Manatee Co. The bum works in a car wash and had an arrest record. Lee Williams discovered him as a story source.

“Homeless Man Accuses Police of Rights Violation,” 9/23/2011, by Lee Williams.
Apparently this was Lee Williams’ waterloo at the Bradenton Herald because Lee was an unemployed reporter about a week afterward, when his final BH story appeared in print 9/29/2011.

Lee and his conniving disreputable source concocted a headline-grabbing scenario, hoping to capitalize on the hot-button issue of homeless people. But Lee failed to mention his source was a deadbeat dad running from parental obligations, who had been arrested on a DeSoto warrant for nonsupport 8/16/2011 – a month prior to Lee Williams’ trumped up story. In the end, the BH issued a retraction because Lee Williams intentionally left out information which skewed the story into a big fat lie. This is the m.o. that always gets him in trouble. Sarasota Herald-Tribune must like this type of deceitful reporting because Lee Williams’ byline began appearing in SHT within 3 months on12/11/2011.

These are the types of sources Lee Williams uses (manipulators, weirdos and liars with arrest records, kind of like Lee Williams himself) who have an axe to grind against cops:

http://florida.arrests.org/Arrests/Matthew_Hazel_5681149/
Nonsupport – DeSoto County 8/16/2011

http://florida.arrests.org/Arrests/Matthew_Hazel_4187874/
10/22/2004 Charlotte County

ManateeClerk.com/ case # 2012CC003149
Old SHT mgt (under NYTimes ownership) hired Lee Williams when they stopped pouring money into that newspaper. Cash-strapped and hard up for cheap labor, SHT hired reporter Lee Williams in late 2011. In June 2012 Halifax became the official new owner.

Old mgt torpedoed Halifax either by design or by impoverishment. Housecleaning overdue.

09-17-2012, 03:16 PM
FUNNY HOW 1/2 OF THE POSTS ABOUT LEE WILLIAMS ARE FROM THE SAME PERSON USING ALIASES! AT LEAST GO TO A DIFFERENT COMPUTER JACKASS!

09-17-2012, 03:20 PM
shut up Crazy Lady. as an inquisitor, you leave a lot to be desired. pray to God for guidance as to why your promiscuous dau's sex life made newspaper headlines.

Have a little bit of mercy on the woman. Calling her names helps nobody. Ron Locke got her daughter pregnant and had sex with her when she was a minor. Even Deputy Kevin Sugg saw Captain Ron Locke "cuddling" with the juvenile on Locke's sofa. Your insensitivity is remarkable. Calling a minor "promiscuous" is like saying that the "minor" deserved to get focked by an adult. That's bad reasoning. No wonder the SSO is upside down under Tom Knight's lack of leadership.

FUNNY HOW 1/2 OF THE POSTS ABOUT LEE WILLIAMS ARE FROM THE SAME PERSON USING ALIASES! AT LEAST GO TO A DIFFERENT COMPUTER JACKASS!

Sad but true. :?

09-17-2012, 03:37 PM
Have a little bit of mercy on the woman. Calling her names helps nobody. Ron Locke got her daughter pregnant and had sex with her when she was a minor.
No mercy, Crazy Lady. Having sex with a minor is not a crime. There a plenty of 18-year-olds propagating the species. You daughter needed better parenting than you provided. And Lee Williams needs to have his head examined for using you as a source.

09-17-2012, 04:43 PM
Lee Williams was a rogue cop who (among other things) made a bad drug arrest :arrow: unlawful search and seizure. Then he found a home at Sarasota Herald Tribune as a reporter, where his editors allow him to write libelous stories about good LEOs. Amazing.

State of Kansas v Anderson / 1996
http://www.dui1.com/DuiCaseLawDetail13307.htm
“We find no error in the district court's determination that the search and seizure [by Lee Williams] of the crack pipe from the glove compartment was unlawful under K.S.A. 22-2501 and that the evidence must be suppressed.”

09-17-2012, 05:07 PM
Lee Williams was a rogue cop who (among other things) made a bad drug arrest :arrow: unlawful search and seizure. Then he found a home at Sarasota Herald Tribune as a reporter, where his editors allow him to write libelous stories about good LEOs. Amazing.

“We find no error in the district court's determination that the search and seizure [by Lee Williams] of the crack pipe from the glove compartment was unlawful under K.S.A. 22-2501 and that the evidence must be suppressed.”

Happens every day in law enforcement. That the best you can dig up ?? NEXT!

09-17-2012, 05:13 PM

It would be a legal arrest in Florida, if the driver is arrested while driving the car. Thanks for posting the link because it makes Lee Williams look legitimate! He even took the time to get a judge to sign-off on a warrant. That's excellent police work.

09-17-2012, 05:23 PM
What in tarnation is Lee Williams getting ready to print about the Sarasota Sheriff's Office? The only thing I've been able to hear through the rumor mill is that it deals with corruption in IA and some staff members. Whatever it is that Williams is digging for, it has heads inside the agency fuming.

09-17-2012, 05:52 PM
Crazy Lady :roll: is popping off again under multiple pseudonyms.

These are the types of sources Lee Williams uses (manipulators, weirdos and liars with arrest records, kind of like Lee Williams himself)
Newspapers played kick-the-can with reporter Lee Williams, intentionally overlooking his prior employment record and shameful background, particularly his conduct as a cop in Overland Park, Kansas and his history of libelous reporting. Each one let him get away with it. Then they shunted him down to Florida and the Sarasota Herald Tribune to continue the tyranny of bad journalism without accountability.

Sioux Falls Argus Leader (South Dakota)/1999-2002
The Virgin Islands Daily News/2003-04
The News Journal
Caesar Rodney Institute/2009
Illinois Policy Institute/2010

Lee Williams was and is still known among his Kansas police co-workers as a know-it-all backstabber, and an all around unsatisfactory cop. His journalism career speaks for itself – editors were he11bent to ditch him after being threatened with lawsuits for irresponsibly promoting his libelous stories. His arrest record speaks even louder.

Sarasota Herald Tribune, and its shoplifting city editor Thomas Bart Pfankuch (stealing Walmart fishing lures, what a dirtbag) and its permissive “enterprise reporting” advocate Mike Connelly (a/k/a Kirk Douglas in “Ace in the Hole”), need a critical review. Try:
Eric Deggins http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/media/
Jim Romanesko http://jimromenesko.com/

09-17-2012, 06:58 PM
What in tarnation is Lee Williams getting ready to print about the Sarasota Sheriff's Office? The only thing I've been able to hear through the rumor mill is that it deals with corruption in IA and some staff members. Whatever it is that Williams is digging for, it has heads inside the agency fuming.

he has everything factually that he needs and has had it for months! So dont let the naysayers try to sway you that nothing is gonna happen or nothing is wrong just because it hasnt appeared yet! involves the above mentioned and more.

09-17-2012, 08:28 PM
Whatever it is that Williams is digging for, it has heads inside the agency fuming.
No one's fuming, no one cares. It won't undo Lee Williams' joint liability with SHT for past libel. Quit obscuring the truth, Carla, to cover for your bad boy hubby. :devil:

09-18-2012, 12:18 PM
One person using a variety of online names dominates this board w/ anti-law enforcement attacks. Old beefs won’t die. The problem is the poster threatens new attacks will be forthcoming in the press via her mouth to reporter Lee Williams. It gives the appearance he’s a scandal-seeking-missile, so then the other side responds accordingly and it’s off to the races.

Whoever the poster is, put down your poison pen. Send your info to the press and let them sort it out. Law enforcement has a job to do. The press has a job to do. Leave them both alone.

09-18-2012, 03:02 PM
SHT is bullish on the latest, hippest journalistic trend: “enterprise reporting” (enterprise journalism), also known as cheapo journalism – hole fillers in lieu of news
When Lee Williams’s recent series took off, I bet it upped readership. The upper food chain probably took the credit. I personally think it was meant to be an entrant in journalism award contests and make SHT management look good. Y’know, like they were able to squeeze blood out of a turnip in tough economic times. Well, the bubble burst when the chief protagonist turned antagonist with worldwide headlines.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57509347-504083/dr-michael-berkland-former-medical-examiner-arrested-for-storing-human-body-parts-in-fla-storage-unit/
Someone was in charge of backgrounding the source before the SHT series got off the ground. I bet all you can see at SHT now is elbows & azzholes fleeing the scene, leaving the reporter holding the bag.

09-18-2012, 05:55 PM
[quote="Effed up SHT"Sarasota Herald Tribune, and its shoplifting city editor Thomas Bart Pfankuch (stealing Walmart fishing lures, what a dirtbag) and its permissive “enterprise reporting” advocate Mike Connelly (a/k/a Kirk Douglas in “Ace in the Hole”), need a critical review.[/quote]
Connelly’s shuffling off to Buffalo :mrgreen:
http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20120918/BREAKING/120919631/2416/NEWS?Title=Herald-Tribune-s-Connelly-named-editor-in-Buffalo-

09-18-2012, 10:45 PM
Who cares? Th article will be put at the bottom of someone's bird cage or wrap up some freshly caught grouper. Nothing will happen. You see how hard he has tried to write negative articles about cops. The articles are forgotten, so is his bad journalism, and short lived corupt filled law enforcement career. If Lee had some credibility and integrity then maybe FDLE and the FBI would take him serious.

09-19-2012, 10:20 AM
... his bad journalism, and short lived corupt filled law enforcement career. If Lee had some credibility and integrity then maybe FDLE and the FBI would take him serious.

A growing list of closed doors: FBI, FDLE and college educators
http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20120410/COLUMNIST/304109997
State College of Florida: “Reporter Lee Williams' story… is wrong from the sub-headline to the choice of inflammatory words to incorrect and omitted facts and details. This sensationalist type of journalism…”

Mike Connelly should take Lee Williams with him. A fitting name for their new home: BUFFALO

09-19-2012, 11:17 AM
[quote="S-109":18sl478e]... his bad journalism, and short lived corupt filled law enforcement career. If Lee had some credibility and integrity then maybe FDLE and the FBI would take him serious.

A growing list of closed doors: FBI, FDLE and college educators
http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20120410/COLUMNIST/304109997
State College of Florida: “Reporter Lee Williams' story… is wrong from the sub-headline to the choice of inflammatory words to incorrect and omitted facts and details. This sensationalist type of journalism…”

Mike Connelly should take Lee Williams with him. A fitting name for their new home: BUFFALO[/quote:18sl478e]

:roll: don’t let the door hit ya in the a $$ when you leave Sarasota for The Buffalo News

“A stroll through the newsroom feels like a walk through a half-empty city park…[Buffalo] is a Rust Belt city that has suffered economically….it has lost 10 percent of its population every decade for the last 30 years”
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/18/business/media/newspaper-work-with-warren-buffett-as-the-boss.html?pagewanted=all

09-20-2012, 11:17 AM
My better half is a stickler for checking public records prior to doing business with people. Public record searches averted potential problems several times. A service worker scheduled to come to the house was a convicted felon. A surgeon with multiple RE foreclosures and tax liens recommended unnecessary surgery to apparently pad his bottom line. With some occupations she has little concern (police, UPS, FedEx, the power company) because they undergo screening by employers before they’re let loose on the public.

It strikes me as peculiar that newspapers are lax about doing background checks before they hire journalists. What stands out is the instance cited by another poster wherein the H-T reporter with a record of a weapons arrest used his press credentials to access a restricted military weapons trade show. If newspapers keep hiring people like this then it’s up to the public to uncover it. The posters on Leo Affairs have done an outstanding job by bringing this issue to light.

It seems like newspapers intentionally throw up roadblocks to thwart inquisitive researchers. Where they should give a journalist’s bio and complete name, they don’t. Common names like Mike Connelly or Lee Williams have built in obscurity and even uncommon names like Pfankuch are disguised by using a middle name instead of the journalist’s given name in the byline. What do they have to hide? Plenty, it seems. Journalists in this area are a transient lot so backgrounding them is even more important. Instead, online journalism jobs databases show how easy it is for a reporter to hide his/her past. All newspapers require is a cover letter, a resume and a sample of the applicant’s press clippings.

Verify first, then trust. My wife has good instincts. She refuses to speak with reporters and takes what they print with a grain of salt.

09-20-2012, 03:14 PM
My better half is a stickler for checking public records prior to doing business with people. Public record searches averted potential problems several times.

Did your better half uncover Tom Knight's arrest and conviction for disorderly conduct? Did your better half discover the court documents on Steve Burns' criminal battery paperwork and the domestic violence injunction? What about the battery allegation against Burns that never made it to court, was that SSO paperwork uncovered? Uncovering these things could have averted a lot of potential problems several times, if the public knew from the beginning. Good work and keep digging!

09-20-2012, 03:24 PM
[quote="Guest"It strikes me as peculiar that newspapers are lax about doing background checks before they hire journalists...My wife has good instincts. She refuses to speak with reporters [/quote]
At least you can refuse, LE has to put up with it when they show up with a press badge

09-20-2012, 04:02 PM
Hey you, the one who calls herself SSO. You & Lee Williams have a rep as The Crackpot Team, your & his hundreds of posts make it clear you hate cops. You had your shot getting Lee to write about a LEO who had sex with your 18 yr old daughter who’s now 36. BFD…..outside agencies looked at it, nothing there. The Crackpot Team has ZERO credibility with FDLE or anyone else. It’s just you & Lee looking for fame in all the wrong places. D A M N that Sarasota Herald Tribune for pushing this stuff.

09-20-2012, 04:06 PM
Hey you, the one who calls herself SSO. You & Lee Williams have a rep as The Crackpot Team, your & his hundreds of posts make it clear you hate cops. You had your shot getting Lee to write about a LEO who had sex with your 18 yr old daughter who’s now 36. BFD…..outside agencies looked at it, nothing there. The Crackpot Team has ZERO credibility with FDLE or anyone else. It’s just you & Lee looking for fame in all the wrong places. D A M N that Sarasota Herald Tribune for pushing this stuff.

You obviously don't work inside the SSO because you're completely in left field. You're nothing but a mouthpiece for Tom Knight. Good luck with that!!! :snicker:

09-20-2012, 07:29 PM
That’s nuthin but Buffalo bull. :roll: I don’t give a flyin f u k k about anyone over the rank of sgt. It’s obvious you’re not a leo. Messing with Lt’s and above is a political con game and all you do is harass the brass by playing the political card. WE DON’T CARE, LOSER. Go play politics with Lie Williams the cop h8r and STF :!:

The rest of us don’t give a rats azz about you ragging on the sheriff except that you’re a Lie Williams lovin cop hatin pus spoutin hysterical crazy old woman and Knight ain’t.

09-20-2012, 08:37 PM
SHT staffers are having some fun before the new regime moves in. They put Lee Williams on another weapons story. http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20120920/ARTICLE/120929977

Anticipating pink slips, fellas? Giving Halifax the high hard one for Auld Lang Syne?
McFarlin negotiated a waiver of Halifax’s non-compete clause and I think Halifax will rue the day they agreed to it. :wink:

09-20-2012, 09:12 PM
Quote / Padraig Is Skrooed: “SHT staffers are having some fun before the new regime moves in. They put Lee Williams on another weapons story.http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20120920/ARTICLE/120929977
Anticipating pink slips, fellas? Giving Halifax the high hard one for Auld Lang Syne?
McFarlin negotiated a waiver of Halifax’s non-compete clause and I think Halifax will rue the day they agreed to it.”

McFarlin’s the wheelman. She hangs with the other SHT ‘fugees on H o w a r d U n g e r’s facebook page.

1) Hire Lee Williams, knowing his background.
2) Unleash him after the Halifax deal is closed.
3) Leave Halifax holding the bag for libelous legal snafu’s and a surly public. :snicker:

09-20-2012, 09:28 PM
1) Hire Lee Williams, knowing his background.
2) Unleash him after the Halifax deal is closed.
3) Leave Halifax holding the bag for libelous legal snafu’s and a surly public. :snicker:

Dude, you've experimented one too many times with magic mushrooms. Put the shroom baggie down and walk away from it!!! Better yet, call 316-1201 and we'll come out and impound them for you!!!

I'm not sure which is worse: shrooms or the fact that they grow on cow crap. :roll:

09-20-2012, 10:44 PM
More Buffalo crap :roll: from the SHTers.

Quote/McMerlin The Wizard: "McFarlin’s the wheelman. She hangs with the other SHT ‘fugees on H o w a r d U n g e r’s facebook page."

Fbook pg clamped down like a snapping turtle. I’ve got the friends list if u want it. Just holler. Someone's gonna c r a p fer sure. :devil:

09-21-2012, 12:09 AM
Memo to Pat Dorsey the new Sarasota Herald-Tribune guy. We’re enjoying big laughs at your expense, newbie. SHT staffers are lining up to flimflam you and we’re laying odds they’ll win.

What he said ^

09-21-2012, 11:27 AM
Ruminating on old SHT ownership (The New York Times):
The 1960s era mindset yielded an endorsement of John Kerry for president. They brought in reporters from New York and other leftist pockets who poked Sarasotans/Manateeans with a stick, as if they needed to be prodded toward enlightenment by Big Brother from the north. McFarlin instituted girl power by creating an all-female leadership team called Amazonia, which yielded
c r a p p y news but some delicious recipes and enhanced coverage of swanky soirees.http://www.ajr.org/article.asp?id=803a When local voters repeatedly elected Republicans to office, the passive-aggressive liberated gals scratched Sarasotans/Manateeans eyes out by shaming office holders using Lee Williams-style attack journalism.

Ruminating on blogosphere scuttlebutt about the new ownership:
>Halifax breathed new life into one of their recently acquired holdings. “When you walked through it before, it was like a funeral home…Within an hour of our purchase, the funeral home feel was gone.”
>Halifax CEO Michael Redding said the importance of newspapers is the way they communicate with their communities.
>Halifax is instituting paywalls for online access to their newspapers.

Good, good and good on Halifax, especially paywalls which'll stop H-T staff from flooding LeoAff with stories they want to promote. It’ll also mean less free fuel for Crazy Lady and other riffraff.

This is the best part, posted on HotAir.com.
http://hotair.com/greenroom/archives/2011/12/22/occupy-the-new-york-times/
My local paper, the Sarasota Herald-Tribune, is one of those regional holdings [that Halifax acquired from The New York Times] and I couldn’t be happier if that happened (well, in how I feel about the H-T anyway). Because…“The acquisition of the Sarasota Herald Tribune would mean a significant change in journalistic and ideological culture for the Times group papers, most of which profess a centrist to liberal point of view. Halifax Media’s outlook, driven…Michael Redding, is staunchly conservative, with a heavy emphasis on business journalism friendliest to chamber of commerce interests and strong focus on positive news”. I may yet find myself with newsprint on my fingers again. It’s been a long time since that happened. – posted by “ornery_independent”

09-21-2012, 02:04 PM
McFarlin instituted girl power by creating an all-female leadership team called Amazonia, which yielded c r a p p y news but some delicious recipes and enhanced coverage of swanky soirees.http://www.ajr.org/article.asp?id=803a

"Where Women Rule" / AJR Jan-Feb 2001
Amazonia: Diane McFarlin, Janet Weaver, Rosemary Armao
Bit players: Toni Whitt, Christi Womack

09-21-2012, 02:40 PM
"Where Women Rule" / AJR Jan-Feb 2001
Amazonia: Diane McFarlin, Janet Weaver, Rosemary Armao
Bit players: Toni Whitt, Christi Womack

SHT columnist - - “Once again an online chat room for local law enforcement officers [Leo Affairs] is full of comments I hope weren't really posted by cops.”
http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?p=1&tc=pg&AID=/20060511/COLUMNIST36/605110424

Disingenuous as all H e l l. Everyone knows most of the posters are SHT employees & devotees planting hooks so SHT can have an excuse write about it.

My turn.
:arrow: Janet Shadden Weaver, Tampa PD booking #06030833 http://www.wnd.com/2006/05/3610/
:arrow: Rosemary Armao, sent packing after being caught sending an e-mail to a reader disparaging a Republican candidate

08-20-2013, 11:28 PM
Patrick Dorsey puts law enforcement officer lives and the lives of their families at risk by posting their names, depts. and ages and work information on a website that was given to him by the FDLE. A class action lawsuit is in the works to bring legal action against him and the herald tribune. Not only is this irresponsible grandstanding for publicity, but a lot of the information is incorrect. Undercover officers still on the job and former LEO's can now be found because of this sight. This has caused the deaths of LEO's and has also damaged the credibility and reputation of some officers due to incorrect information.

08-21-2013, 01:48 AM
No basis for lawsuit exists. Posting public info is protected First Amendment Speech.

None of this is confidential.

Just like videotaping police. You may not like it, but it is legal.

08-21-2013, 03:46 PM
Patrick Dorsey puts law enforcement officer lives and the lives of their families at risk by posting their names, depts. and ages and work information on a website that was given to him by the FDLE. A class action lawsuit is in the works to bring legal action against him and the herald tribune. Not only is this irresponsible grandstanding for publicity, but a lot of the information is incorrect. Undercover officers still on the job and former LEO's can now be found because of this sight. This has caused the deaths of LEO's and has also damaged the credibility and reputation of some officers due to incorrect information.
Politics starts early at MSO where the sheriff wants the press to shut up about all the little funny things going on, oh and Steubes heir over at Palmetto PD don't need no bad press either.

08-21-2013, 04:28 PM
Lucky manatees got special relations with BH & Islander, H-T not in the control group :cop:

08-22-2013, 10:04 AM
Friends of Knight. FOK’ers got brass knuckles for H-T.

Add that to How to Start a Political Campaign with a Thud, Jeremy Wallace
http://politics.heraldtribune.com/2013/08/20/three-ways-to-start-a-political-campaign-with-a-thud/

08-22-2013, 10:20 AM
Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo .....Somebody let the Kook Out again!!!!!!!!!!!

08-22-2013, 01:04 PM
Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo .....Somebody let the Kook Out again!!!!!!!!!
Knightmare.Org staffer patrolling sso, spd, bpd, mso boards 8a-5p, overtime for extenuating circumstances.
:devil:

08-22-2013, 02:24 PM
Friends of Knight. FOK’ers got brass knuckles for H-T.

Meet The Fokkers
Captcha’d under the same tent (all except for one, she’s Uncontrollable)

Nothing Good Happens When They Meet Under The Same Tent
http://www.bradenton.com/2013/06/30/4589717/mannix-about-manatee-june-30-2013.html