PDA

View Full Version : HOW MANY MONTHS...

09-03-2012, 06:28 PM
So how many months of not reporting do you allow your offenders before you violate them? My sup says two months are not enough. My offender was unemployed and when I went to his home the offender's mother said he is back on drugs. So how many more home visits and phone calls should I have to make before I submit a VOP for not reporting? How much more time should I give the offender?

09-03-2012, 06:37 PM
So how many months of not reporting do you allow your offenders before you violate them? My sup says two months are not enough. My offender was unemployed and when I went to his home the offender's mother said he is back on drugs. So how many more home visits and phone calls should I have to make before I submit a VOP for not reporting? How much more time should I give the offender?

Well an appeals court found it wasnt willful when a guy that had been reporting for a year failed to report one month even though messages were left for him and the rest to get in there.

09-03-2012, 07:57 PM
I do VOP's after they miss the first month. I understand there may be an issue that prevents them from reporting but it is their responsibility to communicate that with you.

09-03-2012, 08:32 PM
My reporting period is the 1st 5 working days of the month. When a case doesn't report I will usually call their cell, home, or work phone # to locate the probationer. I'll even call the treatment provider (if in treatment) and ask them to tell the offender to report to probation. Or I'll look through the file and try calling a relative or next of kin. Then I'll try a home visit. By the 1st week of the next month I'll do a VOP report.

09-04-2012, 12:39 AM
I will violate them if they are an hour late and they all know it! i have no problem with reporting because I tell them straight up! I have a zero bullshit policy!

09-04-2012, 02:06 AM
The orders state. "Report as Directed." It is not rocket science, and your sup could not provide guidance and you had to post here for advice? What's wrong with this picture?

09-04-2012, 02:30 AM
I will violate them if they are an hour late and they all know it! i have no problem with reporting because I tell them straight up! I have a zero bullshit policy!

Do your VOPs hold up in court?

09-04-2012, 11:07 AM
CPOS, ARE YOU BETTER OFF TODAY THAN YOU WERE 2 YEARS AGO?" RICK SCOTT ELECTED GOVERNOR!!!

09-22-2012, 02:16 AM
We have to do it after first month in our office...

10-07-2012, 06:19 PM
So now I have to explain in writing why I did not get 100% last month in contact standards. What is wrong with this picture? The same sup who told me that two months of failing to report in not enough to violate an offender for failure to report now wants an explanation on why I didn't get 100% last month.

10-07-2012, 09:48 PM
What is this idiots name?

10-08-2012, 11:10 AM
What is this idiots name?

Politically Corrupt.......Secretary Kenneth Tucker.....