PDA

View Full Version : Jumping ship

08-23-2012, 12:34 AM
Whats going on in C12? 5 Officers gone this year?
Recap:

Schwartz: fired
Cell: resigned
McClain: resigned
Kimble: resigned
Genewick: resigned

Who else is fleeing the sinking ship? The circuit is sinking. Jump.

08-23-2012, 01:35 AM
If this rotten economy ever turns around that list will grow statewide. We haven't had a pay raise since 2006, our pay was cut 3% in 2011, they are making us burn our special comp, and next they will go after our annual/sick leave. The Powers that Be will continue to tell us to do more with less, push rear entry, points don't matter, don't grow facial hair without permission or cut it off without permission, the governor and legislature hate us. There is no future in this dean end job and as soon as an opportunity arrives for me, I will be leaving immediately. I hate this third rate department with a passion! :cop:

08-23-2012, 01:39 AM
Whats going on in C12? 5 Officers gone this year?
Recap:

Schwartz: fired
Cell: resigned
McClain: resigned
Kimble: resigned
Genewick: resigned

Who else is fleeing the sinking ship? The circuit is sinking. Jump.

Meh, too many years with Pie Chart. Now that Terri is in charge, things are and will continue to be different.

08-23-2012, 08:20 PM
Ms.Kimble, from what I know, retired. Ms Genewick went on to a better job. They both left on their own accord. I can't blame them. I left too. :devil: :snicker: :snicker: :evil: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

08-23-2012, 08:44 PM
Ms.Kimble, from what I know, retired. Ms Genewick went on to a better job. They both left on their own accord. I can't blame them. I left too. :devil: :snicker: :snicker: :evil: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

On the job for less than a year as chief of the nation's third-largest prison system, Tucker has told his senior staff and Gov. Rick Scott's office that he may leave as soon as October. He has applied for the directorship of an anti-drug initiative between the federal and state governments called the North Florida High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (HIDTA), and has made his intentions very clear to senior staff in the agency and to Scott's people.

"He did apply for the position, and he spoke with the governor's office first," said Tucker's spokeswoman, Ann Howard.

Tucker's long career in the Florida Department of Law Enforcement may make him a logical fit for the new position: HIDTA works with FDLE in Northeast Florida on drug cases -- the kind Tucker worked on regularly earlier in his career. In addition, Tucker's roots are in that part of the state (he's a native of Bunnell and worked as a cop in Daytona Beach) and he and his wife are looking forward to living there once again, Howard said.

Tucker would have been gone by next spring anyway: His retirement date under the state's DROP program is March 2013. Leaving sooner rather than later would give the governor's office time to groom a new prisons chief before the next legislative session begins next March. Tucker's replacement will be the sixth new secretary in six years, a dizzying level of turnover at such a large and important agency.

Tucker, 58, would be the eighth high-level agency head to depart since Scott took office 19 months ago. The national HIDTA director, Michael Gottlieb, works in the Office of National Drug Control Policy in the White House.

Even though he had no experience in corrections, Tucker was hired from FDLE to take over last August after Scott and his former chief of staff, Steve MacNamara, decided to dismiss Ed Buss, who had been highly recruited from Indiana but who soon ran afoul of the governor's office.

08-23-2012, 11:31 PM
Good riddance! Plus, who would want to work for dirty **** scott anyway? He is such a POS! :mrgreen:

08-30-2012, 02:44 PM
I know nobody cares about support staff, even though we go behind the fence in all types of weather, and have to put up with a certain amount of inmate crap, but DC has been equally harsh for 'support staff' . After watching so many people, officers and support staff, leave with 15+ years just to get out of this swirling cesspool, I finally decided to retire early. Life is too short considering the pay, the working conditions, the continual threat of privitization, position cuts, position freezes, and continuing increases to workload. I finally decided that i had other options, and that life is just too short to keep plowing along for this thankless, politically corrupt organization. I have nothing but respect for those on the front lines that stay, but the political beings running things for their own agenda have ruined anything positive about the Department.

08-30-2012, 08:08 PM
I know nobody cares about support staff, even though we go behind the fence in all types of weather, and have to put up with a certain amount of inmate crap, but DC has been equally harsh for 'support staff' . After watching so many people, officers and support staff, leave with 15+ years just to get out of this swirling cesspool, I finally decided to retire early. Life is too short considering the pay, the working conditions, the continual threat of privitization, position cuts, position freezes, and continuing increases to workload. I finally decided that i had other options, and that life is just too short to keep plowing along for this thankless, politically corrupt organization. I have nothing but respect for those on the front lines that stay, but the political beings running things for their own agenda have ruined anything positive about the Department.

I agree with you & you well deserve it.. Good Luck & enjoy your retirement.
We really work for a bunch of mother F*ckers, thiefs & selfish son of b*tches.....

08-31-2012, 01:57 AM
I concur! This is a third rate department that treats people like crap and I am looking for my way out and that will be as soon as possible. I can't wait to leave!!!!!!! dirty **** scott and his band of criminals treat all of us like garbage and the chain of command is a bunch of lapdogs!

09-22-2012, 02:13 AM
I am about done myself. I have been a P&P Officer for 15 years and my office has lost a lot of people, there is no support staff, treated like shit, no morale, no raise... Just tired and burned out with it. We all think the whole of the DOC is going private and The Criminal In Chief up in Tally is playing a shell game with the DOC. He wants to say he created all these new private jobs when the public will still be paying for it either way. Have started looking for the off ramp...