PDA

View Full Version : homicide that shouldn't have happened

08-10-2012, 12:31 PM
Mike and his major crimes cronies failed Mr. Imhoff and his family. The political posturing and delay they orchestrated cost this man his life. Shameful.

http://www.news-press.com/article/20120 ... |text|Home (http://www.news-press.com/article/20120810/CRIME/308100035/Family-Suspect-2-Lee-County-homicides-held-let-go?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Home)

08-10-2012, 03:58 PM
No you are shameful for making accusations you know nothing about. Just because detectives were out with these guys did mean they had the right to arrest them at that moment. You are shameful for making a family believe this could have been avoided. The only way it could have been avoided is if the murderer changed his mind. This is just very poor political bantering. And it is disgusting. Another reason i wont vote for Timmy.

08-10-2012, 04:25 PM
Excerpt from the story. If this isn't probable cause, I don't know what is.

Deputies found evidence July 27 linking Jaye and Retherford to Striano’s murder. Items uncovered through the search warrants include partially burned and bleached clothing bearing evidence of human blood, sneakers with tread that matched bloody footprints at the crime scene, and a fanny pack and women’s rings belonging to Striano, according to a sheriff’s office report

08-10-2012, 07:11 PM
Excerpt from the story. If this isn't probable cause, I don't know what is.

Deputies found evidence July 27 linking Jaye and Retherford to Striano’s murder. Items uncovered through the search warrants include partially burned and bleached clothing bearing evidence of human blood, sneakers with tread that matched bloody footprints at the crime scene, and a fanny pack and women’s rings belonging to Striano, according to a sheriff’s office report

Obviously they found evidence linking Jaye to the homicide, because they arrested him on the spot. Do you really believe that if probable cause exsisted, they would have let big ears go? I agree that this is the lowest type of shitty political spins, and Tim just lost my vote too.

08-10-2012, 07:19 PM
First you're taking a NP story as gospel. Now let's break it down and I'm just assuming ( probably end up being closer to the truth.) Detective execute a search warrant. Detective find evidence they can connect to the homicide. Any numb nuts know you still have to tie that evidence to someone. If you can't you have to release them, wait for it......pending additional testing or evidence. Do you really think they had enought to arrest this jack ass and just decided to let him go? Now a few days go by and the testing ties jack ass directly to the murder. All Law enforcement officers start hunting both. Catch one and never give up on the other. Find him and the rest is history. Now did they have evidence linking jackass to the crime yes that is why they were hunting him. But it was developed after he was released. You are a poor little person trying to make this family believe this could have been avoided. How about great job to all the deputies that never gave up looking for this guy while on and off duty. Great job to those deputies who didn't let this jackass keep them from their families yet now will forever live with the fact they were forced to take a human life. How bout saying hey Sheriff Scott your Detective and patrol deputies did a great job and were glad they weren't hurt.

08-10-2012, 08:48 PM
I can see why the NP picked you TF, you operate just like them, you weasel. Jump on anything and spin it to make the agency look bad, well done. For a guy touting his investigative experience, you sure are showing how ignorant you are on how investigations work, slime. Maybe when this whole 'God told me to run' thing doesn't work out, the NP will give you a home, ****.

08-10-2012, 11:16 PM
for the person who has posted repeatedly on this thread defending this fiasco of an investigation - try telling that to the Imhoff family. I'm sure it will make them feel much better.

08-11-2012, 12:33 AM
NP doesnt give a ratsass about this community nor anything about it. The so called editors change names and positions and are shipped in and shipped out routinely. Yeah they care.

And the political weasels that use them are just as bad.

TF and LB both better be looking for employment.

08-11-2012, 12:42 AM
NP doesnt give a ratsass about this community nor anything about it. The so called editors change names and positions and are shipped in and shipped out routinely. Yeah they care.

And the political weasels that use them are just as bad.

TF and LB both better be looking for employment.

Hey ****head, they are looking for employment... Sheriff of Lee County, how bout them apples??? I heard there was a job opening effective 11/6/12

Linebackerll
08-11-2012, 01:58 AM
First you're taking a NP story as gospel. Now let's break it down and I'm just assuming ( probably end up being closer to the truth.) Detective execute a search warrant. Detective find evidence they can connect to the homicide. Any numb nuts know you still have to tie that evidence to someone. If you can't you have to release them, wait for it......pending additional testing or evidence. Do you really think they had enought to arrest this jack ass and just decided to let him go? Now a few days go by and the testing ties jack ass directly to the murder. All Law enforcement officers start hunting both. Catch one and never give up on the other. Find him and the rest is history. Now did they have evidence linking jackass to the crime yes that is why they were hunting him. But it was developed after he was released. You are a poor little person trying to make this family believe this could have been avoided. How about great job to all the deputies that never gave up looking for this guy while on and off duty. Great job to those deputies who didn't let this jackass keep them from their families yet now will forever live with the fact they were forced to take a human life. How bout saying hey Sheriff Scott your Detective and patrol deputies did a great job and were glad they weren't hurt.
All great points except I doubt very much the guy who shot the killer will have any problem whatsoever living with his actions. Sounded like a pretty good shoot to me. Miller time...

08-11-2012, 11:59 AM
So now TF us going to remove a large group from MCU due to this incident. Except his immediate supporters within. Go ahead and lie you fake Christian and say you didn't say it at Cape Coral Parkway and Del Prado last night. I'm sorry I voted already but you have lost your mind!!!!!!! I'm out and will prevent my family from making the same mistake I made. Screw you TF and your own political agenda and new house, car, etc....

08-11-2012, 02:00 PM
for the person who has posted repeatedly on this thread defending this fiasco of an investigation - try telling that to the Imhoff family. I'm sure it will make them feel much better.
Well that just show how stupid you are. Do you think there is anything that would make the family feel much better right now? But at the end of the day we arrest on PC not gut instinct or anything else. According to your thought process our friend to the South should have arrested their POI and not let him go either. I see a new officer safety bulletin came out so he must have been released. Or do these rule only apply to MS.

08-11-2012, 02:28 PM
The agency to the south didn't have clothing that was bloody and partially bleached and burned or a shoe that matched a bloody print at the crime scene or a pouch with the victim's jewelry in it. Big difference. MS never worked a homicide in his life. Somebody needs to give him a tutorial on probable cause.

08-11-2012, 04:18 PM
OK, heres another example. FHP still hasn't arrest the girl who mowed down a student waiting at the bus stop, yet they have seized her car and she has confessed. So i guess if she runs someone else over you'll be touting how bad FHP is. You are the one who needs a refresher. PC is PC not public opinion or anything else. :evil:

08-11-2012, 05:00 PM
OK, heres another example. FHP still hasn't arrest the girl who mowed down a student waiting at the bus stop, yet they have seized her car and she has confessed. So i guess if she runs someone else over you'll be touting how bad FHP is. You are the one who needs a refresher. PC is PC not public opinion or anything else. :evil:

Lets see if I understand your example...the girl mowed down the student at a bus stop and the FHP seized her car for obvious brake and other mechanical tests...understood.

Now here is the part that I need you to explain to me; you say that the girl confessed. Since you don't give any further details, I will have to presume that by the word confessed she admitted to her wrongdoings. I don't know about the FHP, but in every other police agency in America that is called "probable cause." Contrary to popular beliefs that CSI and forensic types solve homicides and other cases; its the confession that wins the day in any American courtroom. I would look into that refresher that you speak about.

08-11-2012, 06:13 PM
What FHP said when interviewed is that they are still determining the most appropriate charge. They are investigating whether her allegation that she knew she hit something but had no idea it was a person is feasible/plausible, among other things. Once they have determined that they will move forward. Again, quite different than the events that led to poor Mr. Imhoff's unfortunate demise.

08-12-2012, 04:14 AM
What FHP said when interviewed is that they are still determining the most appropriate charge. They are investigating whether her allegation that she knew she hit something but had no idea it was a person is feasible/plausible, among other things. Once they have determined that they will move forward. Again, quite different than the events that led to poor Mr. Imhoff's unfortunate demise.

I'm not comparing cases at all. I know that the facts in each are different. I was only referring to the confession that was stated in the original post. If what you say is correct, how long does it take once you have a statement and in this case a confession whether or not you have probable cause to arrest. I think a call to the State's Attorney should settle that if the FHP can't figure it out.

08-12-2012, 10:04 AM
BB: Since FHP comes under my purview, who the hell do you think FHP is conferring with about this case???? Unlike most agencies in SWFLA, FHP actually works with the SAO good or bad, with every major case they have. It seems conviction ratios actually go up in their cases.

08-12-2012, 09:07 PM
BB: Since FHP comes under my purview, who the hell do you think FHP is conferring with about this case???? Unlike most agencies in SWFLA, FHP actually works with the SAO good or bad, with every major case they have. It seems conviction ratios actually go up in their cases.

You must be a pretty crappy prosecutor if you still haven't figured out if probable cause exists to arrest or not. Most cops are able to make that judgment in split seconds. Or is it that the case is not tied up in a neat little bow for you to prosecute?

08-12-2012, 09:54 PM

I imagine they would. When the SAO hand picks only the sure fire cases and shit cans anything that is not picture perfect, you probably get a higher conviction rate.

08-13-2012, 03:04 PM
I can not believe you guys. What a bunch of babies. Do your jobs and shut up. The guys in major crimes are good at what they do. It is top down. They battle the internal battles let alone the bad guys.

Back up, be real and stop whimpering like a baby. Cops are not suppose to lie, so why.

08-13-2012, 09:46 PM

Lets see if I understand your example...the girl mowed down the student at a bus stop and the FHP seized her car for obvious brake and other mechanical tests...understood.

Now here is the part that I need you to explain to me; you say that the girl confessed. Since you don't give any further details, I will have to presume that by the word confessed she admitted to her wrongdoings. I don't know about the FHP, but in every other police agency in America that is called "probable cause." Contrary to popular beliefs that CSI and forensic types solve homicides and other cases; its the confession that wins the day in any American courtroom. I would look into that refresher that you speak about.
If the black girl was a white girl the driver would have been arrested... This is a racist county in case you didn't know.*

08-13-2012, 10:30 PM
The typical response on all cases with FHP is a warrant request, thats they way are taught. The SAO does not like pc arrests, they rather find a way to dispose of the case prior to the arrest.

08-13-2012, 10:34 PM

You must be a pretty crappy prosecutor if you still haven't figured out if probable cause exists to arrest or not. Most cops are able to make that judgment in split seconds. Or is it that the case is not tied up in a neat little bow for you to prosecute?

You must be a pretty shitty investigator to think I am a prosecutor. Dumbass.

And most cops don't.

As for your bow. You keep on wearing it.

08-13-2012, 11:53 PM

And most cops don't.

At least I'm an Investigator,,,douche bag!

08-14-2012, 12:10 AM
[quote=StateSide]BB: Since FHP comes under my purview, who the hell do you think FHP is conferring with about this case???? Unlike most agencies in SWFLA, FHP actually works with the SAO good or bad, with every major case they have. It seems conviction ratios actually go up in their cases.

And most cops don't.

At least I'm an Investigator,,,douche bag![/quote:3re7oe2b]

Sounds like something from the "SMART SHOP" would say. Go figure. You all remind me of an amnesiac in a whorehouse.