PDA

View Full Version : Is it safe to say....

07-12-2012, 01:43 AM
Well, i got out of the academy a few months ago, im looking through all of these post on this forum ........is it safe to say that I shouldnt apply as reserve at sweetwater? Is it really this bad there?

07-12-2012, 04:15 AM
Wackenhut will treat you better

07-16-2012, 10:04 PM
Sweetwater is a BAD idea.

I do not care what they think of themselves. The truth lies in the facts. It is a very small department with little to no upward mobility, and does not often hire for paid positions. The retirement leaves a lot to be desired, and so does the pay.

Sweetwater is considered dirt by every other PD in Dade County, so a reserve position there doesn't help when applying for another department. Especially when most of their "reserves" are actually only auxiliary units performing full duties... :shock:

07-17-2012, 09:08 PM
Sweetwater is a BAD idea.

I do not care what they think of themselves. The truth lies in the facts. It is a very small department with little to no upward mobility, and does not often hire for paid positions. The retirement leaves a lot to be desired, and so does the pay.

Sweetwater is considered dirt by every other PD in Dade County, so a reserve position there doesn't help when applying for another department. Especially when most of their "reserves" are actually only auxiliary units performing full duties... :shock:

Auxiliary units huh? you sound like a trooper with constipation jerkoff!

07-17-2012, 09:40 PM
Auxiliary units huh? you sound like a trooper with constipation jerkoff!

Are you butt-hurt about the truth? Which part? The auxiliary certified part, or the piss-poor reputation?

Facts is facts; no one takes any of you seriously. You have good officers among your ranks, but the real shame is that they work for a department with such a bad stigma.

07-18-2012, 01:40 AM
Dunno about that?? Miami-Dade PD is full of criminals. No, really!

We wipe our asses with them too! :devil:

07-18-2012, 04:38 AM
who cares what others say, I would love to work for you guys, Is my dream to be a PO.
a lot of this other guys talk trash because they hating on the fact that this department has a lot of officers that do the same work as they do for free and appreciate what being PO means, they do it for the love of LE not for the money.

07-18-2012, 01:54 PM
That is great, and well understood. But there are a great many other departments where you can reserve that have a far better reputation, and far greater chances of getting a job, too. None of us do police work for the love of money, because none of us get rich from it.

However, what is better than doing something you love, and getting paid to do it? If you want to do it for free for a few days a year, have at it, but I prefer to do this full-time, and get paid.

Like I said before, Sweetwater has good people. The problem is that the department runs backwards from all standpoints, and being a PO there has hurt applicants trying to get a paid LEO job elsewhere.

Dunno about that?? Miami-Dade PD is full of criminals. No, really!

We wipe our asses with them too! :devil:

Wipe your asses all you want, but when you come to us looking for a job, don't ***** when you get thrown out of the building.

07-18-2012, 06:51 PM
I was a reserve there.... Experience is experience. There are TONS of reserves that got hired by new departments in the last year alone.

To name a few:

FIU
Mdpd
Miami dade schools
City of Miami
And so on....

Just don't go to Spd expecting a F/T job.

07-18-2012, 08:21 PM
think of spd as a revolving door for experience. you'll get all the experience you need there, and make your self more marketable to other depts. hell, they just lost 4 this well to the city alone, will more than likely loose one to medley soon and will loose more to Hialeah and beach in the near future...most depts will choose an applicant with exp over the person that has none 9 times out of ten. so that moron up there stating that it hurts your chances needs to remove the **** from his/her mouth and stfu because that's as far from the truth as you can be.

07-18-2012, 10:41 PM
BROWN CLOWNS ARE JEALOUS THAT WE HAVE A BALLSY MAYOR AND CHIEF AND THAT WE TELL YOU BROWN CLOWN IDIOTS TO F*CK YOURSELVES!!!

WAY TO GO MANNY !!!!

WAY TO GO FUGI !!!

LIKE ALWAYS THESE BROWN CLOWN IDIOTS ARE JUST JEALOUS OF US!

ME LOS PASO POR LA *INGA !!!

:evil:

07-19-2012, 03:09 AM
Jealous; are you as mentally challenged as you sound? Frightening that you are armed!

Post Dato: Lo único que tú te pasas por la pinga es tu mano, pajero mariconson.

:evil:

07-19-2012, 03:59 PM
The mayor of your little town is a good friend of the douchebag governor who has proven himself to be worthless. If Tricky ****y stops short, all you're gonna see is Manny's feet kicking up and down from the governor's ass.

Like I said, you have good people, but the department is backwards, corrupt as all hell, and it can hurt you more than help you.

To the original poster asking about reserving there: check out other places. Doral pays their reserves.

07-30-2012, 03:08 AM
This place is the biggest shit hole in Florida. Stay away, they treat you like shit and expect the world from you. The command staff are the most unprofessional people in LE. Dont know how they ever became officers.

07-31-2012, 01:49 PM
Spd also hires all the rejects fired from other pds. When other pds don't want them for obvious reasons spd welcomes them with open doors. Corrupt is an understatement.

08-01-2012, 01:49 AM
THEN WHY ARE YOU SO INTERESTED TO COME IN HERE AND BASH US? I'M HONORED THAT YOU TOOK THE TIME OUT OF YOUR MEASLEY LIFE TO COUNTER WITH THAT PATHETIC REMARK. IF WE ARE SO REJECTED, THEN PLEASE STAY WITHIN YOUR GROUP AN LET US BE.....