PDA

View Full Version : Sheriff Straw Vote

06-27-2012, 09:34 PM
Make sure you attend the Straw Poll on 06/28 located at Gulf Coast Village 1333 Santa Barbara. All the candidates will be there and there will be a "pre vote" for Sheriff. No one will know who you voted for and it will be a great time to send the admin a strong message.

With three candidates, I am sure the vote will be close, but it will still be interesting. Starts at 5:30.

06-28-2012, 03:39 AM
Can I sign up for IUPA there too!!!!

06-28-2012, 03:49 AM
Remember T F was a I A guy in the past. Once in I A you never leave it.

06-28-2012, 05:18 AM
Then vote for Bushong. You see his youtube video? That man kicks ass. See his IUPA video? The man smokes everyone he comes across.

This Fisher / Scott thing is a lightweight warmup, waiting for the heavyweights to go at it in November

And I got all my money on Bushong. Scott doens't know his ass from a whole in the ground. Really.

1ofmany
06-28-2012, 08:05 AM
If you support Bushong, thats great. Vote for him in November. The first and best chance to get rid of Scott is the primary! If you are a republican GO VOTE FOR FISHER!

Even if you like Bushong a contest between Fisher and Bushong is better than one between an established republican (Scott) with great recognition and a newcomer with no party affiliation (Bushong). If we can get Fisher past the primary we are ahead of the game in the general election.

06-28-2012, 09:48 AM
Remember T F was a I A guy in the past. Once in I A you never leave it.
Are you serious? You have got to be just one of the dumbest people that I have ever heard from. Did you ever work in IA? have you ever worked with anyone that has left IA?

06-29-2012, 01:51 AM
Rats and career ruiners. Nuff said.

07-02-2012, 01:31 PM
Can I assume by the lack of boasting that this event did not produce the results that TF or LB were hoping for?

07-02-2012, 03:25 PM
Can I assume by the lack of boasting that this event did not produce the results that TF or LB were hoping for?

The poll was moved to a different threat. Look at the top of the discussion list. It is under "Poll."

And to answer your question the results are going in the right direction.

LB 30%
MS 28%
TF 42%

07-02-2012, 07:11 PM

The poll was moved to a different threat. Look at the top of the discussion list. It is under "Poll."

LB 30%
MS 28%
TF 42%

Please refer to the first post in this thread and recognize that it isn't about the disgruntled minorty's poll, thanks for playing though.

07-02-2012, 07:48 PM

LB 30%
MS 28%
TF 42%

Please refer to the first post in this thread and recognize that it isn't about the disgruntled minorty's poll, thanks for playing though.

Disgruntled? Tells us where you are coming from. Time for you to get out from under Mike's desk you betraying sack of s... You'll be exposed sooner or later, all of Mike's minions are.

07-02-2012, 09:53 PM
44% voted in favor of another person for sheriff. That's huge. I was there and spokw to several people, they are ready for a change. They stated over and over again how the Sheriff should be more focused on crime, not politics.

07-02-2012, 11:30 PM
44% voted in favor of another person for sheriff. That's huge. I was there and spokw to several people, they are ready for a change. They stated over and over again how the Sheriff should be more focused on crime, not politics.

Huge or not, that puts 56% in favor of keeping the current sheriff, which comes out as a win in any election.

07-03-2012, 04:48 AM

Huge or not, that puts 56% in favor of keeping the current sheriff, which comes out as a win in any election.

That straw vote was from 300 possible votes. Not a great cross section of the county.

07-03-2012, 12:05 PM
so....what is plan b? what are we all going to do when this is no longer a topic in just a few months?

i sure as hell hope the election goes our way because if it doesn't we are soo screwed for the next four years, union or not.

personally i think we are screwed regardless of how the election turns out. the commission has too many baseball stadiums and pet projects to fund. last thing they are going to fund is the public safety sector.

07-03-2012, 01:04 PM
I for one am tired of all of this. I am done. Finding employment elsewhere. Never will stop or end.

07-03-2012, 02:43 PM
I am also tired of all this. Our agency is so full of backstabbing individuals hellbent on separating everyone. Why can't we just do our job and be done with it? Leave the politics to the idiots in the front office, and have the field idiots leave us alone? It is no better anywhere else. Go read through any of the forums elsewhere. Do a search on Appeals to Florida Cabinet by Fl Sheriffs. See how many are doing it and how many actually win without getting scathed. Sadie Darnell of Alachua Co is the only last year and this year I can find and it wasn't pretty.

So all of you just take your toys and leave us alone to do our jobs and get on with life without all this union banter, and hell raising, crap.

07-06-2012, 10:32 PM

That straw vote was from 300 possible votes. Not a great cross section of the county.

In soso's eyes, 44% wanting someone else, in what I am sure was a stacked room (I heard TF had a crew with him that would put a rappers to shame), it was "huge", but the fact that 56% wanted to stay with MS (who I'm sure had a crew as well), well, it wasn't a great cross section of the county..... I know, I know, "shut up stupid head".....