PDA

View Full Version : IUPA ruins us!

06-24-2012, 04:22 PM
Fact, ever since IUPA has came into our lives as Deputies or Sergeants, it has destroyed relationships between us! Relationships that go back as far as twenty years, WHY? Because some have different views or opinions, who cares we should! I for one cannot wait for the upcoming Sergeants vote in reference to IUPA, in which I originally voted for. Not this time, not after seeing the separation it has caused between the people that should be willing to do anything for! We can't trust the commissioners to do anything positive when they are still trying to cut money. Be careful what you wish for, we might get the opposite!!! I will always have your backs, no matter where you stand, PERIOD!!!

06-24-2012, 07:10 PM
we must remain strong brothers and sistas. think of tf sheriff. jl as car 2. jl and gk as district capts. db will head ia and the ferrantes will be back. a deal made so lb will be back as well.

06-24-2012, 09:59 PM
Fact, ever since IUPA has came into our lives as Deputies or Sergeants, it has destroyed relationships between us! Relationships that go back as far as twenty years, WHY? Because some have different views or opinions, who cares we should! I for one cannot wait for the upcoming Sergeants vote in reference to IUPA, in which I originally voted for. Not this time, not after seeing the separation it has caused between the people that should be willing to do anything for! We can't trust the commissioners to do anything positive when they are still trying to cut money. Be careful what you wish for, we might get the opposite!!! I will always have your backs, no matter where you stand, PERIOD!!!

So IF the commissioners say "NO", then we are where we were. What's the big deal? Do you think MS is looking to make our lives better? You make it sound like LCSO was some great agency before the union, get real.

The airport PD's contract was just approved and is much better than ours. I think they get paid by LEE COUNTY!

06-24-2012, 11:04 PM

The real fact is that ever since MS came into our lives that realtionship of 20+ years has been destroyed. He has no idea of what leadership means, no idea of what esprit de corps is and no idea of how to lead and build a succesful sheriff's office that other agencies look to as a model, the only example that we set now is that of a bad example of what not to do. Other past sheriffs had their quirks but they knew how to lead, how to inspire us to work hard and how to earn the respect of the rank and file. Name just one positive or inspiring thing that MS has done in the past 7 years (except to further his own personal agenda) that makes you "proud to serve" under him. If we have a union it is because MS forced us to have one just so we could have a chance to work for an agency that has a professional code of conduct and standards. If we are having problems getting the union up and running blame MS who has done everything possible to thwart their efforts to move forward on our behalf. MS has been hard at work for 7 years destroying everything that we and every past sheriff have done to build this agency up so don't expect the union to come in and fix, in a few months, what he has spent 7+ years tearing down. We gave him a chance to prove himself, he failed, now we need to give the union an equal chance to succeed if they can.

06-25-2012, 02:31 AM
My vote is no! RG

06-25-2012, 03:04 AM
Seems like maybe Mike Scott should ask himself one important question. Why did I return all that money, when according to his own words tonight he could have given it as raises. O yea because I GOT MINE. vote out the union and give up one percent of your pay. Man you guys are dumb.

06-25-2012, 05:18 AM

You are a sorry ass idiot! It was and continues to be Mike Scott who has destroyed our lives. Think of all those bogus firings, the lives that he has destroyed. IUPA came along because Mike forced our hand. We helped him at first, helped him become Sheriff, a man who we all knew did not have the qualifications to be sheriff and yet we backed him. All we asked of him was to give us just a little so that we could support ourselves and our families with dignity. I despise Mike Scott for one simple reason...he can abuse others because he has the power to do so. I have no problems with bosses who are tough and fair. Mike Scott is neither. abusing your power does not make you tough, it makes you a coward. I would like nothing more then be able to take off the uniform and go one on one with this coward. I assure you that I would put that shiny dome of his where the sun don't shine! You go back and think twice about who has ruined our lives; IUPA would have probably never been here if it wasn't for this abusive evil little man we unfortunately have to call sheriff. I like Fisher and Bushong any day for no one is as evil as Mike Scott!

1ofmany
06-25-2012, 05:44 AM
We never thought we needed a union before Mike came along. Since his second term started he has served no one but his new masters in the greater republican party at our expense. For the first few years I tolerated no raise because I thought he wasn't able to give them. I was wrong. He could have given them every year and this bonus e-mail he just sent is the absolute smoking gun. IUPA isn't ruining anything. They found a ruined agency. It was ruined by MS and his belief that the rules apply to everyone but him.

06-25-2012, 10:11 PM
IUPA wants your dues and you will get nothing in return, you will see!

06-26-2012, 01:16 AM
IUPA wants your dues and you will get nothing in return, you will see!

They already gave us something in return. They secured our benefits preventing the Sheriff from changing health insurance effective July 1st or whenever. It now has to be bargained for.

Did you know Cape Coral police officers get a ton of vacation days to offset years of no pay raises, do you know why? Their union negotiated with the city and came to an agreement.

06-26-2012, 04:44 PM
The CCPD lost 10% salary in the past two years dumb ass!!!

06-26-2012, 08:44 PM
Even with CCPD's pay cuts (which I'm not sure is 10%) they still make drastically more than LCSO. Does anyone have the data on what all they received at the same time as these cuts? I'd be willing to bet that they at least broke even, with the vacation days they now receive.

I have yet to talk to anyone from CCPD who has a complaint about their compensation.

06-26-2012, 09:32 PM
Do any of you have a copy of the Cape contract?

06-26-2012, 10:05 PM
What people also forget or don't know about CCPD is that they work an 80 hour pay period. Their PO's get a designated 4 hours per pay period off to compensate for a 12 hour work day. Even though it is not exactly in line with labor lays it is at least an attempt to not screw their employees out of hours and money. We work an 84 hour work week. That means that we work around 104 hours, or approximately 2 1/2 weeks, more per year with less pay than CCPD. 208 hours per year we work at an overtime rate. Anything over a 40 work week is considered overtime. 8 hours per pay period @ 26 pay periods per year. A starting Deputy makes approximately $16.48 (36,000/2184 hrs per year) an hour at LCSO. The starting pay for 2011 for CCPD was approximately 44,000. Which is $21.15 an hour @ 2080 hours worked per year . Oh, and they are currently hiring. No, I am not going there to work. I am not sticking around this area long enough to want to start over here.

Since people like facts and links here are both. Look for yourselves..

http://www.news-press.net/data/dataWork ... taset=1069 (http://www.news-press.net/data/dataWorkBench/index.php?siteid=7&mode=results&dataset=1069)

06-26-2012, 11:24 PM
The CCPD lost 10% salary in the past two years dumb ass!!!
That is just not true. I dont have their current contract anymore but I think that they have negotiated back everything, including pensions, with their latest contract. I'll try to find it and post the link or someone can beat me to it.

06-27-2012, 06:33 AM
CCPD and FMPD may hae taken a pay cut. But I know street cops at FMPD who are making over $120,000 a year with OT and detials. I think I could afford a 10% pay cut if I made that.
What are we making? $38,000 a year for me for the same job. I knew Pendergrass and the union took care of those guys.

06-27-2012, 08:40 AM
Remember unions support Obama, but it’s not as bad as Mike Scott supports Rick Scott should I say more.

06-27-2012, 09:27 PM
My bonus is bigger than yours!!! Ha ha ha