PDA

View Full Version : Mike Lies to Fox4

06-13-2012, 08:06 PM
http://www.fox4now.com/news/158637535.html

Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott is defending his plan to give thousands of dollars in pay bonuses* to non union staff at the Sheriff's office.

"To compensate the men and women who are doing more with less that have not segregated themselves from the rest of the sheriff's office, " said Sheriff Mike Scott. <---- Ahhh, so it's about us choosing to unionize, not the Status Quo Doctrine? Then why won't you cowboy up and tell us that to our faces?

Law enforcement sargent's and deputies voted to unionize over the last few years, so they would not be elegible for these pay bonuses.* The union representing these officers is speaking out saying the Sheriff is doing this to punish those who voted to go union saying,

"This type of heavy handed and unfair treatment is typical for Sheriff Scott and is precisely why the Deputies and Sergeants voted to join the IUPA.* The IUPA will continue to fight for the fair pay and equal treatment that the Deputies and Sergeants deserve,"

Scott says this is just not the case.

"The union is claiming your doing this to try and bust them up," asked Fox 4 reporter John Rupolo.

"Well, the union says a lot of things and I'm here to tell you what the facts are and what the truth is," said Scott. <---- How about just answering the question, Mikey?

Scott doesn't hide the fact he opposes organized "We have not laid one person off, no furloughs, no pay cuts, and no enhanced benefit contribution," said Scott.

in the Sheriff's Department. saying they are costing taxpayers more money. They have asked for 18 percent pay increases this fiscal year.

"We are in the worst economic times of our lifetime and that is the problem I have with what the union is asking for," said Scott.

So how is Scott justifying giving the pay bonuses to the 1100 non union staff members?* He says he has given pay bonuses before and has also cut the budget by over 20 million dollars over the last*four years. He says he wants to give back to non union Sheriff's office employees who haven't had a raise in three years.

"We have not laid one person off, no furloughs, no pay cuts, and no enhanced benefit contribution," said Scott.

06-13-2012, 08:39 PM
Again, thanks MS! That means about 400 people not receiving it, which means about $600 more in my pocket. These road deputies roll around all day when I'm locked up with the bad guys! I have 25 years at another agency, never heard so many whiny unappreciated people ever.

06-13-2012, 09:29 PM
Again, thanks MS! That means about 400 people not receiving it, which means about $600 more in my pocket. These road deputies roll around all day when I'm locked up with the bad guys! I have 25 years at another agency, never heard so many whiny unappreciated people ever.

Please don't act like you speak for anyone at the jail. You're just a lump coming from up north trying to collect another pension which means you do absolutely nothing and get paid about 30% more than a starting deputy. No wonder you don't complain. Shut up and just sling yer trays you smuck. A lot of people at the jail are also sick of your type.

06-13-2012, 10:16 PM
Regardless of what Mike says, he is only engaging in union busting. It's a fair tactic and it's been used before to great effect. Deputies, and Sergeants, understand this. He could have given bonuses every year but he didn't. He is doing this ONLY because the unions exist. In essence, you are not losing out on anything because except for the reality of the unions, there would have been bonuses for no one, except perhaps under the table for special individuals as usual. Stay the course, Mike's already done all he can do and he's counting on your greed and anger to disband both unions. Also, things take time, the LCSO didn't degenerate into its current state overnight and it won't be fixed overnight either.

06-14-2012, 07:54 PM

Just remember that if it wasn't for us road deputies putting people in jail you would be working at Burger King. Did you know that the County Commissioners actually have dominon and control over the County jail? Did you know that they can choose anyone they want to run the jail? Did you know that they usually choose the county sheriff as the "default" chief jailer just because it's easier? Just wait until the County Commissioners revisit the idea of privatization of the jail in order to trim 50+% off the sheriff's budget. Better save that bonus so that when you are working for correction corp. of America, wearing brown uniforms and living on 2/3's of your current salary you can buy a burger.

06-15-2012, 12:32 AM
[quote="Thanks MS":5gnme489]Again, thanks MS! That means about 400 people not receiving it, which means about $600 more in my pocket. These road deputies roll around all day when I'm locked up with the bad guys! I have 25 years at another agency, never heard so many whiny unappreciated people ever.

Just remember that if it wasn't for us road deputies putting people in jail you would be working at Burger King. Did you know that the County Commissioners actually have dominon and control over the County jail? Did you know that they can choose anyone they want to run the jail? Did you know that they usually choose the county sheriff as the "default" chief jailer just because it's easier? Just wait until the County Commissioners revisit the idea of privatization of the jail in order to trim 50+% off the sheriff's budget. Better save that bonus so that when you are working for correction corp. of America, wearing brown uniforms and living on 2/3's of your current salary you can buy a burger.[/quote:5gnme489]

While you worry about what might or might not happen, Mike Scott keeps sticking it up your butt. Stand up for once and be a man!