PDA

View Full Version : Traffic tickets

06-07-2012, 10:38 PM
Anyone else being told that more tickets need to be written? Word has come from the top down to the district captains, which went to the Sgts and then to the troops that more tickets need to be written. My shift wasn't told that we HAVE to write tickets but were told more tickets need to be written.

Part of me wants to write everyone so the public gets pissed at MS. I also want to write everyone so that I would be in court every week, but I like my days off. If we all did write tickets and even if half a shift was in court, the districts would fall apart. Could you imagine half a shift being in court for three to four hours.

Then again the public doesn't deserve to be punished.

06-07-2012, 10:46 PM
Hear the same, they can't tell me how to enforce the law. Blow me.

06-07-2012, 10:56 PM
They all ***** about traffic stops, but not the tickets.

06-08-2012, 02:40 AM
Yes, tickets are the main objective by MS. If the number of tickets NOT warnings are not up then they are going to make an example out of someone. Don't say they can't make or tell you on how to do your job. MS is daring every deputy, Sgt, LT and Capt in not following this order.

06-08-2012, 02:58 AM
i write a lot of tickets and never had a problem with my moral or anyone telling me not in bonita

06-08-2012, 05:23 PM
Just last night we were told to write more tickets or face reprimand. Does lcso know this type of activity is illegal?

06-08-2012, 05:32 PM
If you received written orders, you can always ask a local attorney to privately publish this farce. ---Concerned Citizen

06-08-2012, 06:51 PM
If you received written orders, you can always ask a local attorney to privately publish this farce. ---Concerned Citizen

Concerned Citizen,

The command staff does many stupid things, but putting an order in writing to issue tickets will not be one of them. They know that if the order was in writing that would bring nothing but bad press.

We have been told that more tickets need to be written, and if they are not we will be called into the Majors office and have to answer to him.

I love the people I work with, and love this job, but the higher ups at the crystal palace are making me want to pack up and leave.

06-08-2012, 07:16 PM
I find it funny that after the meeting, several Captains are on the radio calling out x50's, and how do they status them out? 9W! Hah.

06-08-2012, 07:38 PM
I find it funny that after the meeting, several Captains are on the radio calling out x50's, and how do they status them out? 9W! Hah.

Not in the south end!

06-09-2012, 12:01 AM
Same here. Our shift was told to write more tickets or be sent to the major's office. I find this behavior by the administration absolutely sickening and illegal. Officer discretion is a must during traffic stops, but the administration just took it away. Sorry ConcernedCitizen2012, but next time you get stopped by LCSO you will probably get stroked.

The morale just went further down into the toilet.

06-09-2012, 12:10 AM
I have not written a ticket in a month, and after today's e-mail I won't write another one until after the election. :devil:

06-09-2012, 01:17 AM
I have not written a ticket in a month, and after today's e-mail I won't write another one until after the election. :devil:
You won't make it to the election.

1ofmany
06-09-2012, 02:57 AM
I've never heard of anyone disciplined for not writing enough tickets. How many tickets is enough? Drop me a letter in my PMP explaining what the standard for citations is and how I'm not meeting it.

06-10-2012, 01:46 AM
The policy manual is 4 inches thick, they can find something to discipline you on if you make the shit-list.

06-11-2012, 12:24 AM
You guys are going about this the wrong way. The election is a few weeks off. Write everyone and anyone tickets. No breaks, no warnings. Explain to the hapless motorist that theyre getting 300 bucks in tickets because that's what the sheriff has dictated and you've been threatened with discipline if you don't do it. See how John Q. Public likes a few hundred dollars in extra bills during this economic hard time that has made it politically impossible for the Sheriff to give us raises. Let's just go out there and give the administration what they want. See how that plays.

06-11-2012, 10:44 AM
Anyone else being told that more tickets need to be written? Word has come from the top down to the district captains, which went to the Sgts and then to the troops that more tickets need to be written. My shift wasn't told that we HAVE to write tickets but were told more tickets need to be written.

Part of me wants to write everyone so the public gets pissed at MS. I also want to write everyone so that I would be in court every week, but I like my days off. If we all did write tickets and even if half a shift was in court, the districts would fall apart. Could you imagine half a shift being in court for three to four hours.

Then again the public doesn't deserve to be punished.