PDA

View Full Version : Sheriff’s employees may have to forgo pay increase

06-01-2012, 11:11 AM
Unbelievable! He is doing it again.

http://www.news-press.com/article/20120 ... |text|Home (http://www.news-press.com/article/20120601/NEWS01/306010038/Lee-County-sheriff-submits-leaner-budget?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Home)

Senior deputy
06-01-2012, 12:44 PM
Hey Sgt's and people against the union, here's your sign. Another year of no raise, the boss cares more about his political future then he does about his dedicated deputies. The sixth largest Sheriff's Office in the state and thirtieth in pay.

06-01-2012, 04:00 PM
Hmmmmmm. Have not seen any raise on my pay stub via the Union

Senior deputy
06-01-2012, 04:45 PM
It will be out of the Sheriff's hand once we go to impass this month. The an arbitrator will come in to assist in negotiating a fair wage. Just remember the Sheriff has said he is not foing to give us anything, do we continue to have Deputies on food stamps.

06-01-2012, 04:47 PM
Are you that dumb??? The contract process is still going on, but your right without one you are going to get it right. Continue to be part of MS flock of cowardly sheep more like a baby lamb.

Linebackerll
06-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Not to be too negative but...why would the Sheriff just give out a raise when the Deputies and Sergeants insisted on bargaining for pay and benefits? We should be looking forward to impasse because a powerless mediator will come in and help the union "negotiate" for several more months? This is the union that told us nothing could change in work conditions or pay until a contract was negotiated. Well...why is it the FTO's no longer get an hour overtime every day they are training? The Sheriff just said this is the way it will be and the glorious union didn't lift a finger. Nothing has changed. Very impressive!

06-01-2012, 07:06 PM
Not to be too negative but...why would the Sheriff just give out a raise when the Deputies and Sergeants insisted on bargaining for pay and benefits? We should be looking forward to impasse because a powerless mediator will come in and help the union "negotiate" for several more months? This is the union that told us nothing could change in work conditions or pay until a contract was negotiated. Well...why is it the FTO's no longer get an hour overtime every day they are training? The Sheriff just said this is the way it will be and the glorious union didn't lift a finger. Nothing has changed. Very impressive!

What prevents the sheriff from sitting at the same table with IUPA and agreeing on some sort of a pay raise? This way, when he submits his budget request, the pay raises can already be budgeted in.

Linebackerll
06-01-2012, 07:23 PM

What prevents the sheriff from sitting at the same table with IUPA and agreeing on some sort of a pay raise? This way, when he submits his budget request, the pay raises can already be budgeted in.
Nothing prevents him from doing that but why would he do that when we are nowhere near a deal? He is winning and ***** slaps this union weekly. Not a hint of protest from the union leadership...why would anybody pay dues to these wimps?

06-01-2012, 07:40 PM

but why would he

Because a true leader cares about his employees!

06-01-2012, 07:54 PM
I need it as bad as you do trust me!!! The news press said "may" not get a raise. Stop going back and forth until you hear straight from the Sheriff. I just can't believe he will allow us to go without anything.

06-01-2012, 08:04 PM
Get real rookie. You don't think he will let us go without. For the ones of us who have been around for a few day WE HAVE NOT GOTTEN A DAMN RAISE IN 5 YEARS. What's new this ?year

06-01-2012, 08:40 PM
He won't do it again, I just have faith! Not sure how he will, but I believe in my heart he will.

06-01-2012, 09:08 PM
Well it is an election year and the bald dictator is scared. So you may get a token gesture so all you sheep will love to continue kissing his fat ass. How many years of no raises does it take for all you idiots to figure it out. You have lost buying power and salary in reality. Get real Mike does not give a sh** about you.

06-01-2012, 10:54 PM
The Union asked for a raise. The " gang " promised me a raise if we vote out the union.
Men and Women it is clear to me if the union is denied a raise in negotions and it goes to comm. manning and the other comm. we will get a raise...................

quote="Guest"]

but why would he

Because a true leader cares about his employees![/quote]

06-02-2012, 12:39 AM
I need it as bad as you do trust me!!! The news press said "may" not get a raise. Stop going back and forth until you hear straight from the Sheriff. I just can't believe he will allow us to go without anything.

Look at the budget you idiot!

06-02-2012, 02:08 AM
FTO was changed because none of you *****s would write a statement to file an unfair labor practice. All were called you pussed out you have to show who it affects to fight it. So don't call this one on the union your all afraid to stand up for yourselves. The sheriff wrote in his letter to the county commissioners THERE IS NO MERIT RAISE OR COST OF LIVING IN THE BUDGET. You can try and sell that a different way but the truth is the truth. Did you no in September 2010 Mike Scott sent a letter to the county commissioners comparing your salary to 9 other agencies, guess what your the lowest paid except for Sanibel. The commissioners already know you're the lowest paid. So go in front of them with a large amount of data or hope and wish Mike Scott will take care of us. I'll take my chances with Impass and speak through the Union by the way the county commissioners already deal with Union contracts and negotiate all the time. Before you nit pick spelling wrote from a cell phone, can't afford internet. Thanks again mike.

06-02-2012, 02:45 AM
FTO was changed because none of you *****s would write a statement to file an unfair labor practice. All were called you pussed out you have to show who it affects to fight it. So don't call this one on the union your all afraid to stand up for yourselves. The sheriff wrote in his letter to the county commissioners THERE IS NO MERIT RAISE OR COST OF LIVING IN THE BUDGET. You can try and sell that a different way but the truth is the truth. Did you no in September 2010 Mike Scott sent a letter to the county commissioners comparing your salary to 9 other agencies, guess what your the lowest paid except for Sanibel. The commissioners already know you're the lowest paid. So go in front of them with a large amount of data or hope and wish Mike Scott will take care of us. I'll take my chances with Impass and speak through the Union by the way the county commissioners already deal with Union contracts and negotiate all the time. Before you nit pick spelling wrote from a cell phone, can't afford internet. Thanks again mike.

I don't disagree with your comments, but the union has a board and all that board has to do is notify the IUPA rep. who than files the grievance. The same thing recently happened at FMPD and FMPD won their case through a mediator. Such a decision has already been made to favor the officers/deputies; what the hell is the union waiting for?

06-02-2012, 03:22 AM
You have no clue what the grievance process requires. The Union has the burden of proof so without any supporting statements the Union has a difficult fight or no fight at all. So keep being a *****, but done *****.

06-02-2012, 05:48 AM
You have no clue what the grievance process requires. The Union has the burden of proof so without any supporting statements the Union has a difficult fight or no fight at all. So keep being a *****, but done *****.

Ok, explain this one to me. The deputies are represented by a union board. You know, the same board that endorsed Tim Fisher, they apparently had the power to do that, didn't they? What documents does the board need when MS has decided to no longer pay the FTO's as it has been done in the past. This is called an arbitrary and capricious practice. If the union reps file a grievance stating that a benefit that has been given in the past has now denied by the Sheriff, the Sheriff has to answer the charge. He has to state that he either took away a benefit or he did not. If you want to be the union leader, it is he that has to be prepared to take the heat. All he has to do is be made aware of this by the grieved party and he can file the complaint.

Linebackerll
06-02-2012, 11:11 AM
I know three FTO's who were contacted in the last few weeks and said they would be happy to sign a grievance, never heard back, and then found out time had expired to file a grievance. The union just dropped the ball...don't try to hide it by attacking the membership. How come PBA seems to have no problem filing and winning grievances over at FMPD? I don't know that they have ever lost one.

06-02-2012, 12:04 PM
The union didn't drop the ball. They attempted to get FTOs to fill out the affidavit but their were not enough FTOs that filled the paperwork out. Some FTOs the did fill out the paperwork but they were not FTOs long enough to show that the hour ot was SOP.

Linebackerll
06-02-2012, 12:49 PM
That's a lot of jive...they were long time FTO's and the OT practice has been in place for years. I see the story appears to be changing. Now, it's all so confusing...who do we blame? Those wussy FTO's or a union that sat on its hands for months? Most of us know what's going on when the stories begin to crumble...we hear it every day.

06-03-2012, 03:49 AM
The union didn't drop the ball. They attempted to get FTOs to fill out the affidavit but their were not enough FTOs that filled the paperwork out. Some FTOs the did fill out the paperwork but they were not FTOs long enough to show that the hour ot was SOP.

HAHA......Just like the union took a "Majority Vote of the Membership" to Endorse Fisher.......You people crack me up!!!!!!!!!!

06-03-2012, 04:11 AM
That's a lot of jive...they were long time FTO's and the OT practice has been in place for years. I see the story appears to be changing. Now, it's all so confusing...who do we blame? Those wussy FTO's or a union that sat on its hands for months? Most of us know what's going on when the stories begin to crumble...we hear it every day.

Wussy FTO's? Who's going to be the one to put their name out there? We all know what happens. This agency blows, and we all know it, we don't get paid, we are a pussified agency that won't chase and won't run code. We are bad guy friendly and we all know it!

And before you ask, yes I am finding another job, and so should you. Let them train some 20yo 300lb, cousin of some Cpt, retard to take my job. This place is a joke! There are maybe three people, above the rank of Sgt that didn't pay for their job. Most of them can't make a complete sentence and have ZERO ability to lead anyone.

For now, they will act like they are paying me, and I will act like I'm really working.

06-08-2012, 03:05 AM

o well at least we have a good job

06-11-2012, 11:57 AM
[quote="Not sure???":6cokbt92]I need it as bad as you do trust me!!! The news press said "may" not get a raise. Stop going back and forth until you hear straight from the Sheriff. I just can't believe he will allow us to go without anything.

o well at least we have a good job[/quote:6cokbt92]