PDA

View Full Version : Sheriff Scott has tough words for deputy arrested on DUI

05-12-2012, 05:22 AM
http://www.fox4now.com/multimedia/video ... 4564856001 (http://www.fox4now.com/multimedia/videos/?bctid=1634564856001)

05-12-2012, 02:43 PM
Well looks like someone is now thinking about how he speaks to the media. What you didn't year was THIS DEPUTY WILL BE FIRED, anyone say officers bill of rights. Regardless everyone has rights. Even deputies.

05-15-2012, 06:55 PM
He can always apply with FMPD. Driving around drunk while on duty in a marked unit is not an issue there.

05-18-2012, 02:01 AM
Workers comp. It was prescribed pills. Not a union member, things that make you go hmm.

06-18-2012, 11:09 AM
he was still on probation-unemployed

06-18-2012, 08:30 PM
He was not on probation, and if you look it up on the lee county clerk web site the "DUI" was thrown out two days after he was arrested.

06-23-2012, 02:26 AM
Coverup......such bs.
:evil:

06-25-2012, 10:49 AM
Where is the cover-up?

07-06-2012, 01:31 AM
We all have things that bug us. Some cops are big on drugs, traffic, dui, children crimes, etc... DUI is a misdemeanor. The great State of Florida has given us something called discretion on misdemeanors. If I give Joe Blow the Publix employee a break for a traffic offense (or weed residue), then why wouldn't I give a brother a break on a DUI. Considering that no accident took place (no harm/ no foul). Remember that DUI is an opinionated crime. It's YOUR opinion that the perp is DUI.

I remember when I was on FTO (Over ten years ago) and we stopped a cop for speeding. It wasn't a bad one, guy was respectful and he was only going about 13 over. He badged me and I told him to be safe out there. When we got back into the car, I asked my FTO if he would ever give another cop a ticket. Without any hesitation, my FTO said "no". I further questioned my FTO and asked him "what if he was going 100 mph in a 45?". Again without any hesitation, "NO". I then asked "what if he's going 150 mph and he was DUI?". FTO said, get em a ride home. That has stuck with me until this day, and I remember that when I deal with a LEO I always have the option of discretion. Am I right? Am I wrong? I don't know, but I sleep good at night knowing that I have made the right choice.

We are here for public. If I took a drunk driver out from the streets tonight, then I did the public right. I have done my job. Either I arrested someone for the offense, or I removed him/her from the road, I did my job. Did I HAVE to punish someone for driving drunk? That's up to me. But as long as I can help it, I won't arrest another LEO for an opinionated crime. Love me, hate me. I don't care, but again I'm going to sleep good at night knowing that I did the right thing.

07-06-2012, 10:41 AM
Neither would I....cops don't arrest cops....

1ofmany
07-06-2012, 08:27 PM

You do when there is a guy from IA and a watch commander standing there witnessing an obviously impaired "cop" at the scene wearing his badge around his neck in front of everyone standing in front of Wal-Mart. The same deputy was FI'd driving around Palmona the next night with a known felon.

07-07-2012, 05:09 AM

You do when there is a guy from IA and a watch commander standing there witnessing an obviously impaired "cop" at the scene wearing his badge around his neck in front of everyone standing in front of Wal-Mart. The same deputy was FI'd driving around Palmona the next night with a known felon.

Is that normal for your "Watch Commander" and "IA guy" to be standing there at the scene???

1ofmany
07-07-2012, 10:36 AM
Hardly. That was the night of the OIF in Lehigh so IA was already out and about due to that. Once word gets out that LEO is possibly DUI I guess it would be standard for a watch commander to show up. Then again, I wasn't there. I'm going off second hand info.