PDA

View Full Version : Hialeah PD posts on PBA

04-12-2012, 02:50 AM
wanted to see another large department like miami-dade and their comments especially at contract time. Notice these couple of posts when you read further down:::::

Whereas, the PBA will always be run by, and for, Miami-Dade County officers (whose main concerns are Miami-Dade County officers anyways).

It appears that the PBA is only interested in the County's contract, not ours.

Whats the worst that can happen here folks? Weve tried PBA and NADA. Unless you wear a brown uniform they could care less about you.
__________________________________________________ _________________________

by Guest II » 09/16/10 20:58:22
For years we have all said, "It can't get any worse!" Yet, we seem to hit a new low every time; except this year. This year we are free falling and there seems to be no end in sight. And there will be no end in sight until we do something. Really do something!

I've heard all kinds of complaints, but the one that keeps coming up is...What is the PBA going to do for us? They are going to do the same thing they've done for every contract they've negotiated for us which is basically rant and rave, curse at the administration, then (when we get nothing or worse) they walk away into their Miami-Dade County offices thankful that it is over and they leave us (the ones who have to pay the price) to clean up the mess they left in our backyard.

I believe it is time that we change from the old ways of doing things (which are highly unprofessional and makes us all look like a bunch of mafia goons) and give someone else a chance. There is another union out there and they are more than happy to negotiate for us. Yes, the Fraternal Order of Police. The FOP is by far the largest police union/fraternity and are more capable than the PBA. Whereas, the PBA will always be run by, and for, Miami-Dade County officers (whose main concerns are Miami-Dade County officers anyways). We are not a top priority for them. However, the FOP is not only a National organization but, it is structured where there is a State, District and LOCAL lodge. Meaning, the FOP lives within the Hialeah Police Department, has the full backing of the District, State and National Lodge and whatever happens to us happens to them also so they definitely have OUR best interest at heart and will be looking out for us.

I know it is a cliche but IT IS TIME FOR A CHANGE. On Thursday, September 23, 2010 at 1800 hours your Fraternal Order of Police will be at the clubhouse (West 18 Ave and 39 St) seeking signatures for a vote of interest. With enough signatures the FOP labor council can then come in, make their presentations and we can have a final vote whether to have them bargain for us or not. Unfortunately, without enough signatures they cannot come in.

I say let's give them a chance and hear them out. We have absolutely nothing to loose (they've taken everything away already or almost) and at least we will have an option other than doing things the old way that hasn't really worked for us.

by Spartacus » 08/24/10 20:09:06
Where the FU@K has the PBA and Rivera been for the last 2 months.

by PBA=Grande Mierda » 08/10/10 01:30:42
Why is it that we are not getting any type of information about our contract from our reps or the PBA?
Why is it that I had to stumble on the findings of a special magistrate regarding our contract (City of Hialeah vs PBA) issued on Aug 4th where we were essentially being told that our contract should be left alone aka status quo ??

by Guess who 222 » 06/15/10 09:36:51
Yeah, im reading between the lines and being realistic, no promotions anytime soon... I will die on this list after taken months off to study. the ole farts wont leave the drop, and now, this challenge.... Thanks PBA

by Sick2MyStomach » 05/27/10 10:18:42
I say vote NO. The Mayor and Council will do what they want regardless whether it be now or in 18 months. If we vote no nothing will be imposed on us for a few weeks or months (remember they still have to deal with the other 2 unions too). In the meantime you will still be getting your full checks and cashing in Holidays.
Oh, and on a side note what the faugazzie has the PBA done for us?

by Lubejob » 05/29/10 17:41:58
option #2 is not an option. If you think $12k is a shitty amount of money god bless you. The PBA reps lost all credibility when threats of layoffs were made and refuted.

by the guy giving hialeah his $$$$ » 06/01/10 09:59:17
It's the final countdown folks !!!!!!!!!!!!

Wednesday we vote. I think were split down the middle and the difference will be a handful of votes. Hopefully they will be on the "NO' side. I have lost faith with the PBA as far as negotiations go.

by Hmmmmm? » 06/06/10 19:36:45
The contract has been rejected. As per state statute, the city must go back to the bargaining table with us.
Why has the PBA done nothing? We need to get all over them to file this charge and protect our rights.

by hpd0204 » 06/05/10 10:15:08
Who said that Negron is not available? She is not the only City Assistant Attorney in that office. The City must provide any of their attorneys to represent them during the arbitration. Let's file a lawsuit to compel the City to continue with arbitration procedures. Oh hold a minute, the PBA is the one who would have to do that and for what we see, they don't care about fighting our cause.

by Anti Union » 05/12/10 10:16:16
I have only been here for three years but if I have learned one thing is stay away from the PBA or anything PBA related.

by Guest » 03/07/10 11:19:44
Why do we even still use the PBA as a bargaining unit? Why not switch to FOP, they certainly cannot do any worse. It appears that the PBA is only interested in the County's contract, not ours.

by PMC » 03/16/10 06:58:58
It's obvious even to a blind man,this is a BAD CONTRACT.
Proposed by the city in bad faith for one reason only,to screw us because they can.
You have to be a total moronic idiot to vote in favor of this,even that crappy PBA attorney says it's bad.

by Guest » 02/14/10 14:03:26
When was the last time our illustrious Dade County PBA filed a law suit? They couldn't even take care of our commander problem when it happened. Fire is now spearheading that cause.

by Guest » 09/30/09 13:30:24

Whats the worst that can happen here folks? Weve tried PBA and NADA. Unless you wear a brown uniform they could care less about you.

by Guest » 10/01/09 04:56:48
Sounds good. PBA for legal and FOP for bargaining.

04-12-2012, 05:18 AM
Hialeah has been getting screwd for years with the PBA. I have many friends that work there. I hear the horror stories all the time.
The sad thing is that if we don't get our act together and stop the PBA from trying to move in the same things will happen here and this place will hurt you bad. The worst effect will take place in your wallet when you have to pay thousands in insurance cost for leaving the fop plan.

04-12-2012, 10:23 AM
those first couple of comments tell the real story. They are the truth because it is only common sense

04-12-2012, 10:30 AM
amen... i want city of miami police officers representing and bargaining for city of miami police officers...

04-12-2012, 06:02 PM
I'm not content with the FOP, but if the PBA is worse why make the change? Just because of a few individuals in temporary positions that will change in the future. The health trust may not be important now, but it will be when I retire, since insurance costs continue to skyrocket every year.

04-13-2012, 12:09 AM
Now I see many posts from officers of various other departments saying the same thing.. pba really looks out for county officers which makes sense.

stick with fop get new people in

04-13-2012, 06:16 AM
Of course, I can see that now after reading elsewhere on Leo Affairs , WOW !

And here was me thinking to go to the PBA :shock:
I guess all we need to do is vote out the current characters running the show right now,that shouldn't be hard to do, after all it's the democratic way. Although I'm just a new guy, and a naive 24 year old , I can see what the choice is , I hope others do as well. I don't want to spend anymore money on health insurance :x My new car payments, and it's insurance,are killing me already. I'll have to trade it in, and buy a used Honda :oops: I'm "trying" to save up for a down payment on a house as well, so I have no idea ,why some want to do this change to the PBA :?

04-13-2012, 12:24 PM
OUT OF THE THOUSANDS OF MEMBERS FROM MULITPLE DEPARTMENTS WITH THE PBA YOU EXPECT US TO PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR IDIOTIC POST BECAUSE SOME SAID BAD THINGS OF THE PBA? WE HAVE ALOT MORE POST FROM YOUR OWN COWORKERS OF THE HORRORS OF THE FOP AND EVEN MORE, YOU HAVE SEEN IT OR BEEN A PART OF IT YOURSELF........................IDIOT

04-13-2012, 01:09 PM

I guess all we need to do is vote out the current characters running the show right now,that shouldn't be hard to do, after all it's the democratic way. Although I'm just a new guy, and a naive 24 year old , I can see what the choice is , I hope others do as well. I don't want to spend anymore money on health insurance :x My new car payments, and it's insurance,are killing me already. I'll have to trade it in, and buy a used Honda :oops: I'm "trying" to save up for a down payment on a house as well, so I have no idea ,why some want to do this change to the PBA :?

You are "naive" because you have bought into the FOP propaganda and scare tactics.

Just because the PBA comes in, doesn't mean the FOP goes away. The FOP insurance trust will remain, unless the trustees (members) vote to dissolve it. Just like we still have an HOA, MCPBA, and Miami PBA.

04-13-2012, 05:54 PM

You are "naive" because you have bought into the FOP propaganda and scare tactics.

Just because the PBA comes in, doesn't mean the FOP goes away. The FOP insurance trust will remain, unless the trustees (members) vote to dissolve it. Just like we still have an HOA, MCPBA, and Miami PBA.

Sorry.. You are wrong.. I thought the same thing when I read the PBA letter.. Then I found out the state statutes say that the fop has to be the bargaining unit to continue the trust.. Not just to exist.. I was disappointed when I found that out..

also after reading several departments comments about pba and how they seem to only care about their own which makes sense, we should focus on keeping the fop and whatever it takes force a change with the people. anything else is simply not using common sense and that is a fact no matter what anyone says that wants to change to pba

04-13-2012, 06:29 PM
Please post this State Statute so that we can educate ourselves then.

04-15-2012, 08:50 AM
We need to post more of what other departments are saying about the PBA. At first,I thought the change would be good my old FTO told me so. But now ,after reading here and especially other department boards on Leo affairs I'm not so sure :?:
Now, to me, it only makes sense to keep the FOP .