PDA

View Full Version : Application pprocess

04-04-2012, 06:58 AM
I see where you are accepting applications. Any tenarive dates for interviews and number of openings. I served 30 yrs then went overseas to contract and wanna get back into law enforcement and like the Winter Garden area.

04-05-2012, 08:19 PM
Well if you are a minority don't waste your time. You"ll get hired and once WGPD gets the grant money from the government you'll get fired. If you're white, there's always openings. An officer just quit this week and WG is still short staffed due to getting rid of all the Blacks and Hispanics.

04-07-2012, 03:07 AM
Lets say im 53 years old, male with 30 plus yrs and 25 as an instructor. Keeping my race out of it, I offer 15 yrs traffic homicide experience, drug recognition expert and DUI enforcement officer. I left and went overseas to do contract work but still love the job.

I worked for a large agency but prefer an agency i can grow with as it grown. i,m no rookie but im not a dinosaur looking for a pension check either. Again keeping my race out of this, give me some insite on the agency. Comments, good bad or ugly welcome and based on my age and prior qualifications, not tint of my slin. Thank you

04-07-2012, 03:13 AM
You want advice....Don't come here. Last guy who came here with as much experience as you didn't last 1 year due to the B.S. The only thing you will get from this place is a heart attack. Officers half you age here are getting them.

04-07-2012, 04:30 PM
Point well taken, but when you think its bad there, trying dealing with the federal Govt. if you truely wanna see all the wrong ways to run a circus. I,m maninly shopping around and the area seemed nice, or atleast the parts i saw.
have a blessed day and and just remember, every day is 1 day closer to retirement

thb