PDA

View Full Version : Another Black Eye for Golden Beach..Ouuutch!

03-27-2012, 06:02 PM
Get a hard copy tomorrow at your local news stand.

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2012-03-29 ... -violence/ (http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2012-03-29/news/golden-beach-police-sexual-assault-kidnapping-and-violence/)

Golden Beach police: Sexual assault, kidnapping, and violence

Six days before Christmas 1998, a prostitute named Tamika found herself in the back of a Miami police squad car in west Little Havana. At the wheel was an all-too-familiar cop. A month earlier, Tamika had watched as 29-year-old Officer Omar Paez had detained another prostitute and, instead of arresting her, had fondled her breasts and vaginal area.

Soon, Paez took Tamika to what he would later admit was his favorite spot for sex: a secluded part of the Ransom Everglades Middle School campus in Coconut Grove. There, he told her to take off her clothes, turn around, and "spread her buttocks open," according to an internal affairs investigation. He tried to sodomize her but was unsuccessful. Instead, he made her give him oral sex. He then wiped his penis with some Wendy's napkins and threw them to the ground.

Tamika went straight to the nearest police station. Investigators found the napkins, and the semen matched Paez's DNA. The officer was fired in 1999, but because of the "credibility issues" surrounding a criminal case where the main witness was a prostitute, prosecutors didn't press charges.

During nine years on the Miami force, Paez had racked up six citizen complaints of abuse — allegedly smashing a female suspect's head against a patrol car in 1994 and grabbing the back of a male suspect's head and slamming it against the ground in 1997. Each time, it was his word against the complainants', and internal affairs had cleared him or found the evidence "inconclusive."

Then, in 2008, Paez — who didn't respond to two phone messages seeking comment — snagged another policing job in the tiny, wealthy hamlet of Golden Beach. Three years later, he found trouble again when state authorities nailed him for defrauding taxpayers in an alleged scheme involving off-duty work.

Stunningly, Golden Beach — whose homeowners or regular vacationers have included Ricky Martin, Bill Gates, and Paul Newman — hasn't suspended Paez. The town has allowed him to keep his badge, gun, and $46,787 annual salary while awaiting trial. Though he's confined to desk duty, he still receives an unmarked police car to take home. The same goes for one of Paez's codefendants, Yovany Diaz. Another Golden Beach officer, Roberto Barrio, was also allowed to remain on duty while he awaited trial for felony battery and false imprisonment charges. He was finally fired only after being convicted in 2010.

Paez and his fellow officers' penchant for professional rebirth is emblematic of a huge problem in Florida. Trouble cops who shouldn't have badges invariably find employment in small departments where the pay is more modest and hiring procedures are lax.

Golden Beach Mayor Glenn Singer blames former police chief James Skinner, who resigned last May, for bringing on Paez and other bad officers. "Our hiring policies have changed dramatically," the mayor says. "They probably would not have been hired today."

As for why Paez and Diaz are allowed to remain on duty despite the felony charges: "The total value [of defrauded public money] is less than a thousand dollars," Singer says. "The state has not given sufficient evidence to terminate these officers with cause. Believe me, if money was taken from Golden Beach, they will be suspended without pay or terminated."

The mayor's figures are off: According to the State Attorney's Office, the three officers' thefts cost taxpayers closer to $4,800 in bogus wages.

It's ironic that such accused or convicted criminals patrol a cloistered town — population at last count: 921 — obsessed with safety. In 1981, seven years after Eric Clapton named an album 461 Ocean Boulevard after his favorite getaway there, Golden Beach sealed all entrances except one. They manned the front gate with a guard. The Associated Press explained that "the idea is to keep out criminals, curious tourists from nearby hotels, and any Haitian refugees who might land at this Northeastern Dade beach in their flight from poverty."

If you've ever taken the scenic route to Broward County, you've likely passed through Golden Beach. About 25,000 cars per day traverse its 1.3 miles of Collins Avenue. Shiny police SUVs line the only public street, giving the place a totalitarian motif. One officer, Robert Ruggiero, recently made news when he threatened a resident for filming him. "I promise you, I will arrest you for a felony," he told an amateur videographer last September. But it's not illegal to videotape cops in Florida, and with a tarnished on-duty record, Ruggiero probably shouldn't have a badge anyway. In 2001, as an officer for Miami Dade County Public Schools Police, he admitted to punching a handcuffed high-schooler in the mouth, drawing blood. He resigned from the schools police force but kept his state certification. The officer, by the way, has also worked for the Pahokee, Center Hill, and North Miami departments.

Until he resigned last May after the three arrests of his officers, Golden Beach PD's Chief Skinner was best known for accidentally discharging his weapon — twice — as chief of the Coral Gables force. He first shot a locker in a Kendall L.A. Fitness. Then he capped a toilet in a police station bathroom. He resigned from Coral Gables in 2003 in the wake of the second shooting.

Overseeing this Police Academy-esque circus: Town Manager Alexander Diaz. In 2009, this municipal luminary demanded of an officer who pulled him over for drunk driving: "You don't know who I am? I am the city manager, *****!"

When ten-year police veteran Tammy Valdes joined the force in September 2008, she expected to retire in the sleepy burg where a typical dispatch has an officer chasing down a lost pooch. Instead, she found herself exposing an embezzlement scheme involving fellow officers. "It's a white-glove community," she says, "but the people who live there don't know what's going on."

Outspoken and incongruously glamorous for a cop, Valdes issued complaints that led to the FDLE investigation of her former department. She claims she was fired for busting down the blue wall of silence, and in February 2010 filed a still-ongoing lawsuit.

Soon after being hired, she was given a job in officer payroll, which is where the trouble began. Time sheets belonging to a cop named Lynn Dean Peters "were a mess," she says. The hours didn't add up, and she suspected he was collecting town pay for time he was actually working an off-duty job at a construction site.

She first went to Capt. Joseph Barasoain. "He said, 'Don't worry; I'll take care of it,'" Valdes says. "He blew it off."

So on November 20 and November 23, 2009, Valdes says, she met with human resources director Lissette Perez and Town Manager Diaz separately about her concerns. On November 30, she was fired. The cause, according to her personnel file: She violated "chain of command" by carbon-copying superiors on an email to a fellow officer.

Valdes says a letter to Mayor Singer, warning him of criminal activity in the police department, was ignored. (The mayor says if he received such a letter, it was probably immediately forwarded to Chief Skinner.)

In December, Valdes met with Miami-Dade County state attorneys. They were markedly more interested: In January 2011, after a yearlong investigation, prosecutors charged Peters, who is currently 46 years old, with organized fraud, grand theft, and insurance fraud. Besides allegedly working off-duty at the same time he was clocked in, Peters is also accused of lying about a squad car accident in order to secure insurance money for his injured police dog.

Three months later, Paez and Diaz were arrested for working security jobs during hours they claimed to be on duty at Golden Beach. Skinner resigned, ultimately to be replaced by former Miami Beach chief Donald DeLucca.

Peters has been suspended with pay while 42-year-old Paez and 34-year-old Diaz remain on duty. Their trials are scheduled to begin in May. In the meantime, they are paid more than a combined $145,000 annually, courtesy of Golden Beach taxpayers.

Tammy Valdes can't believe she spends her days sitting around her home, virtually unemployable because of her pending litigation against Golden Beach, while the cops she helped expose have kept their jobs. "They should not have their badges," she seethes. "They should not be police officers."

03-27-2012, 09:55 PM
Hey Paez, how about spreading those butt cheecks for me :snicker: :lol: :cop: :shock:

03-28-2012, 12:40 AM
I am not too sure why the town still is even able to have a PD. FDLE should have taken them down years ago, but Sunny Isles and Aventura PD don't want to deal with the BS.

The same things happened over 8 years ago when another officer gave evidence about about criminally wrong acts and Chiefs Cheatham and Skinner and TM Wilbanks-Free ignored the complaints.

Great article...

03-28-2012, 04:39 AM
I am not too sure why the town still is even able to have a PD. FDLE should have taken them down years ago, but Sunny Isles and Aventura PD don't want to deal with the BS.

The same things happened over 8 years ago when another officer gave evidence about about criminally wrong acts and Chiefs Cheatham and Skinner and TM Wilbanks-Free ignored the complaints.

Great article...

Great article? First of all the title of this post makes no sense because this is the same black eye Golden Beach has been dealing with over and over again for several years. Second, to this posters comment, "FDLE should have taken them down years ago", give me a break. Are you really that naive? If departments were” taken down” for things like this pretty much every department around would be gone. These accusations are minor compared to the stuff going on out there in many other departments. That said, it certainly doesn’t mean these things should be ignored and I am by no means saying these accusations should not be pursued. However, I believe in the system and the system still allows the accused certain privileges, such as being innocent until proven guilty. Apparently that is not how it works here since I read in this article details of accusations against many people yet I see only one actually being found guilty of anything at this point. How can you slay people publicly over accusations alone? I believe this article to be full of a tremendous amount of hearsay not to mention inaccuracies. So if these people are found innocent of these charges will the writer of this article write about that to clear their names? Somehow I doubt it. The writer also appears to be unable to keep facts straight. For example, the writer states "The mayor's figures are off: According to the State Attorney's Office, the three officers' thefts cost taxpayers closer to $4,800 in bogus wages.", in response to the mayors statement that "The total value [of defrauded public money] is less than a thousand dollars". Well, the mayor’s statement was actually in response to a question about only 2 of the officers, not all 3. Do you think maybe since the question was about only 2 of the 3 officers that maybe the mayor’s dollar amounts related only to those 2 in question? Doesn’t take a mathematician to figure that out. The writer then states that the town of Golden Beach is paying out $145,000 annually to these 3 officers when only 2 of them are being paid as one is actually suspended WITHOUT pay. The point is, if the article contains a tremendous amount of hearsay and accusations, and the writer can’t even get the known facts straight, then I can't help but think of the old saying "Don't believe everything you read". I'm not saying any of it is true or not, but a certain case comes to mind when an entire Lacrosse team at Duke University was all but lynched in public for an accused rape by one individual, and I think we all know how that one turned out. Who knows, maybe there will be actual facts that prove all of these accusations. But maybe not. I just don't believe in making judgments until all the FACTS are available, not just the hearsay and accusations. And speaking of accusations, what about the accuser? The writer seems to place a victim tag on the accuser as if she is a saint. Did the writer investigate the accuser in any way? I have been told things by people who know her quite well that she has had numerous problems in her past at every department she has worked for as well as at the college where she taught. Granted, this is all hearsay, but I believe this article, and this forum in general, has established that hearsay and accusations are sufficient to butcher someone's reputation publicly, so I don't want to hear anyone cry foul when the tables are turned. Why has she herself worked at so many departments? How many has she been fired from and why? Why was she fired from the college? Why does she seem to file lawsuits against so many of her employers? The writer states, "Tammy Valdes can't believe she spends her days sitting around her home, virtually unemployable". Maybe the writer should investigate why that could be. Maybe Tammy needs to think about why that could be. I don't know, but I do believe at some point you have to look in the mirror and say to yourself, "I leave problems in my wake everywhere I work.....could it be…..maybe…..I'm the problem?" Hmm? Just sayin.

03-28-2012, 02:27 PM

Great article...

Great article? First of all the title of this post makes no sense because this is the same black eye Golden Beach has been dealing with over and over again for several years. Second, to this posters comment, "FDLE should have taken them down years ago", give me a break. Are you really that naive? If departments were” taken down” for things like this pretty much every department around would be gone. These accusations are minor compared to the stuff going on out there in many other departments. That said, it certainly doesn’t mean these things should be ignored and I am by no means saying these accusations should not be pursued. However, I believe in the system and the system still allows the accused certain privileges, such as being innocent until proven guilty. Apparently that is not how it works here since I read in this article details of accusations against many people yet I see only one actually being found guilty of anything at this point. How can you slay people publicly over accusations alone? I believe this article to be full of a tremendous amount of hearsay not to mention inaccuracies. So if these people are found innocent of these charges will the writer of this article write about that to clear their names? Somehow I doubt it. The writer also appears to be unable to keep facts straight. For example, the writer states "The mayor's figures are off: According to the State Attorney's Office, the three officers' thefts cost taxpayers closer to $4,800 in bogus wages.", in response to the mayors statement that "The total value [of defrauded public money] is less than a thousand dollars". Well, the mayor’s statement was actually in response to a question about only 2 of the officers, not all 3. Do you think maybe since the question was about only 2 of the 3 officers that maybe the mayor’s dollar amounts related only to those 2 in question? Doesn’t take a mathematician to figure that out. The writer then states that the town of Golden Beach is paying out $145,000 annually to these 3 officers when only 2 of them are being paid as one is actually suspended WITHOUT pay. The point is, if the article contains a tremendous amount of hearsay and accusations, and the writer can’t even get the known facts straight, then I can't help but think of the old saying "Don't believe everything you read". I'm not saying any of it is true or not, but a certain case comes to mind when an entire Lacrosse team at Duke University was all but lynched in public for an accused rape by one individual, and I think we all know how that one turned out. Who knows, maybe there will be actual facts that prove all of these accusations. But maybe not. I just don't believe in making judgments until all the FACTS are available, not just the hearsay and accusations. And speaking of accusations, what about the accuser? The writer seems to place a victim tag on the accuser as if she is a saint. Did the writer investigate the accuser in any way? I have been told things by people who know her quite well that she has had numerous problems in her past at every department she has worked for as well as at the college where she taught. Granted, this is all hearsay, but I believe this article, and this forum in general, has established that hearsay and accusations are sufficient to butcher someone's reputation publicly, so I don't want to hear anyone cry foul when the tables are turned. Why has she herself worked at so many departments? How many has she been fired from and why? Why was she fired from the college? Why does she seem to file lawsuits against so many of her employers? The writer states, "Tammy Valdes can't believe she spends her days sitting around her home, virtually unemployable". Maybe the writer should investigate why that could be. Maybe Tammy needs to think about why that could be. I don't know, but I do believe at some point you have to look in the mirror and say to yourself, "I leave problems in my wake everywhere I work.....could it be…..maybe…..I'm the problem?" Hmm? Just sayin.

My, my, somebody please help this man get his panties untwisted. Only a person with a criminal mentality will spin the story and even try to down play it. Spare me the BS !

I’m not amazed how politicians make statements that will come back to haunt them later.

Mayor Glenn Singer statements in this article are far from the truth. The truth is that Mayor Singer was informed in a letter of criminal activity within the police department, and possibly linking Town Manager Diaz to such activities. Mayor Singer did what he does best, he terminated the employee that brought the criminal allegations to his attention.

The facts are that Mayor Glenn Singer, Town Manager Alex Diaz, and Police Chief James Skinner were aware of the corruption within the Golden Beach Police Department. Yet, they chose to do nothing until their town’s image came to light.

Several officers of the Golden Beach Police Department spoke to the police administration regarding the corruption plaguing the department. Those officers were ignored by the administration, and labeled as trouble makers or disgruntled police officers. The administration in return lashed out against those officers by opening multiple bogus internal affair investigations against them, and even terminating their employment with the town.

Police Chief James Skinner was also given two votes of no confidence by the police officers at the beginning of his tenure at the department, and the Golden Beach Town Council also chose to do nothing. Police Chief James Skinner was given the votes of no confidence because he has poor leadership skills, and in times of need was an incompetent leader. Now, by reading this article it seems the town is making the chief a sacrificial lamb to the Gods....really !

Finally, the Town Council, Mayor Singer, Chief Skinner could have avoided this embarrassment, and the tarnishment of the town’s image. They also failed to perform their duty as elected officials of the town.....then again, doesnt every politician do the same

03-28-2012, 03:30 PM

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2012-03-29 ... -violence/ (http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2012-03-29/news/golden-beach-police-sexual-assault-kidnapping-and-violence/)

One officer, Robert Ruggiero, recently made news when he threatened a resident for filming him. "I promise you, I will arrest you for a felony," he told an amateur videographer last September. But it's not illegal to videotape cops in Florida, and with a tarnished on-duty record, Ruggiero probably shouldn't have a badge anyway. In 2001, as an officer for Miami Dade County Public Schools Police, he admitted to punching a handcuffed high-schooler in the mouth, drawing blood. He resigned from the schools police force but kept his state certification. The officer, by the way, has also worked for the Pahokee, Center Hill, and North Miami departments.

This must be the incident the reporter is refering too
n_xrsQEwCZ8

03-28-2012, 03:33 PM

One officer, Robert Ruggiero, recently made news when he threatened a resident for filming him. "I promise you, I will arrest you for a felony," he told an amateur videographer last September. But it's not illegal to videotape cops in Florida, and with a tarnished on-duty record, Ruggiero probably shouldn't have a badge anyway. In 2001, as an officer for Miami Dade County Public Schools Police, he admitted to punching a handcuffed high-schooler in the mouth, drawing blood. He resigned from the schools police force but kept his state certification. The officer, by the way, has also worked for the Pahokee, Center Hill, and North Miami departments.

This must be the incident the reporter is refering too
n_xrsQEwCZ8

There you go
v=n_xrsQEwCZ8

03-28-2012, 03:36 PM
Ok, so the link thing on the site is not working...here is the actual link...enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_xrsQEwCZ8

03-28-2012, 05:06 PM

Great article...

Great article? First of all the title of this post makes no sense because this is the same black eye Golden Beach has been dealing with over and over again for several years. Second, to this posters comment, "FDLE should have taken them down years ago", give me a break. Are you really that naive? If departments were” taken down” for things like this pretty much every department around would be gone. These accusations are minor compared to the stuff going on out there in many other departments. That said, it certainly doesn’t mean these things should be ignored and I am by no means saying these accusations should not be pursued. However, I believe in the system and the system still allows the accused certain privileges, such as being innocent until proven guilty. Apparently that is not how it works here since I read in this article details of accusations against many people yet I see only one actually being found guilty of anything at this point. How can you slay people publicly over accusations alone? I believe this article to be full of a tremendous amount of hearsay not to mention inaccuracies. So if these people are found innocent of these charges will the writer of this article write about that to clear their names? Somehow I doubt it. The writer also appears to be unable to keep facts straight. For example, the writer states "The mayor's figures are off: According to the State Attorney's Office, the three officers' thefts cost taxpayers closer to $4,800 in bogus wages.", in response to the mayors statement that "The total value [of defrauded public money] is less than a thousand dollars". Well, the mayor’s statement was actually in response to a question about only 2 of the officers, not all 3. Do you think maybe since the question was about only 2 of the 3 officers that maybe the mayor’s dollar amounts related only to those 2 in question? Doesn’t take a mathematician to figure that out. The writer then states that the town of Golden Beach is paying out $145,000 annually to these 3 officers when only 2 of them are being paid as one is actually suspended WITHOUT pay. The point is, if the article contains a tremendous amount of hearsay and accusations, and the writer can’t even get the known facts straight, then I can't help but think of the old saying "Don't believe everything you read". I'm not saying any of it is true or not, but a certain case comes to mind when an entire Lacrosse team at Duke University was all but lynched in public for an accused rape by one individual, and I think we all know how that one turned out. Who knows, maybe there will be actual facts that prove all of these accusations. But maybe not. I just don't believe in making judgments until all the FACTS are available, not just the hearsay and accusations. And speaking of accusations, what about the accuser? The writer seems to place a victim tag on the accuser as if she is a saint. Did the writer investigate the accuser in any way? I have been told things by people who know her quite well that she has had numerous problems in her past at every department she has worked for as well as at the college where she taught. Granted, this is all hearsay, but I believe this article, and this forum in general, has established that hearsay and accusations are sufficient to butcher someone's reputation publicly, so I don't want to hear anyone cry foul when the tables are turned. Why has she herself worked at so many departments? How many has she been fired from and why? Why was she fired from the college? Why does she seem to file lawsuits against so many of her employers? The writer states, "Tammy Valdes can't believe she spends her days sitting around her home, virtually unemployable". Maybe the writer should investigate why that could be. Maybe Tammy needs to think about why that could be. I don't know, but I do believe at some point you have to look in the mirror and say to yourself, "I leave problems in my wake everywhere I work.....could it be…..maybe…..I'm the problem?" Hmm? Just sayin.I know its difficult for you to stick to the truth so let me help you(not rumor or speculation)In the case of the three theives are documented, supported by facts and evidence.In case of the wife beater A conviction by his peers..says it all. In the case of the alcoholic(DUI)also documented with an arrested and no contest plea to a lessor charge.In the case of the child beater is documented and sustained IA.The case of the prostitute sexual preditor offender this too is documented and supported with a witness and sustained IA(It is not a justification to rape a woman because she is a prostitute and the subject is a cop).Trying to redirect the attention to drive the attention away from the facts just prove that you are either a dirty corrupt cop or polition yourself.Tammy Valdes did NOTHING to merit her termination at GB, botching up and padding her file along with conducting a fraudulent illegal investigation does not justify her termination, what a pathetic attempt to cover up the truth.The Town cannot even keep their story straight as to why she was terminated."So many employers you say??"Coming from a PD who more than half the Police Officers have been employed by a minimum of 4 departments,what a joke!Tammy is a victim of intolerable acts against her.The Miami New Times and FDLE did her background. Do your home work,stop leaving out the facts,a practice you often use.Its this simple stupid...she won her litigation with OlPD, No allegations of fraud,raping prostitutes,DUI or excessisve use of force.Just a group of criminals in uniform who were using their authority and power to try and tarnish Tammys good name and reputation in an attempt to redirect the truth.As for your history you have alot to worry about.Public Records will speak for themselves and are available for ALL the public to see...No "ACUUSATIONS" here.Everyone has done their homework and the facts speak for themselves.We will keep watching and informing the public of the wrongful acts in which you and your cronies engage in.There is defenitly more to come!!!!!

03-28-2012, 07:56 PM

Great article...

Great article? First of all the title of this post makes no sense because this is the same black eye Golden Beach has been dealing with over and over again for several years. Second, to this posters comment, "FDLE should have taken them down years ago", give me a break. Are you really that naive? If departments were” taken down” for things like this pretty much every department around would be gone. These accusations are minor compared to the stuff going on out there in many other departments. That said, it certainly doesn’t mean these things should be ignored and I am by no means saying these accusations should not be pursued. However, I believe in the system and the system still allows the accused certain privileges, such as being innocent until proven guilty. Apparently that is not how it works here since I read in this article details of accusations against many people yet I see only one actually being found guilty of anything at this point. How can you slay people publicly over accusations alone? I believe this article to be full of a tremendous amount of hearsay not to mention inaccuracies. So if these people are found innocent of these charges will the writer of this article write about that to clear their names? Somehow I doubt it. The writer also appears to be unable to keep facts straight. For example, the writer states "The mayor's figures are off: According to the State Attorney's Office, the three officers' thefts cost taxpayers closer to $4,800 in bogus wages.", in response to the mayors statement that "The total value [of defrauded public money] is less than a thousand dollars". Well, the mayor’s statement was actually in response to a question about only 2 of the officers, not all 3. Do you think maybe since the question was about only 2 of the 3 officers that maybe the mayor’s dollar amounts related only to those 2 in question? Doesn’t take a mathematician to figure that out. The writer then states that the town of Golden Beach is paying out $145,000 annually to these 3 officers when only 2 of them are being paid as one is actually suspended WITHOUT pay. The point is, if the article contains a tremendous amount of hearsay and accusations, and the writer can’t even get the known facts straight, then I can't help but think of the old saying "Don't believe everything you read". I'm not saying any of it is true or not, but a certain case comes to mind when an entire Lacrosse team at Duke University was all but lynched in public for an accused rape by one individual, and I think we all know how that one turned out. Who knows, maybe there will be actual facts that prove all of these accusations. But maybe not. I just don't believe in making judgments until all the FACTS are available, not just the hearsay and accusations. And speaking of accusations, what about the accuser? The writer seems to place a victim tag on the accuser as if she is a saint. Did the writer investigate the accuser in any way? I have been told things by people who know her quite well that she has had numerous problems in her past at every department she has worked for as well as at the college where she taught. Granted, this is all hearsay, but I believe this article, and this forum in general, has established that hearsay and accusations are sufficient to butcher someone's reputation publicly, so I don't want to hear anyone cry foul when the tables are turned. Why has she herself worked at so many departments? How many has she been fired from and why? Why was she fired from the college? Why does she seem to file lawsuits against so many of her employers? The writer states, "Tammy Valdes can't believe she spends her days sitting around her home, virtually unemployable". Maybe the writer should investigate why that could be. Maybe Tammy needs to think about why that could be. I don't know, but I do believe at some point you have to look in the mirror and say to yourself, "I leave problems in my wake everywhere I work.....could it be…..maybe…..I'm the problem?" Hmm? Just sayin.I know its difficult for you to stick to the truth so let me help you(not rumor or speculation)In the case of the three theives are documented, supported by facts and evidence.In case of the wife beater A conviction by his peers..says it all. In the case of the alcoholic(DUI)also documented with an arrested and no contest plea to a lessor charge.In the case of the child beater is documented and sustained IA.The case of the prostitute sexual preditor offender this too is documented and supported with a witness and sustained IA(It is not a justification to rape a woman because she is a prostitute and the subject is a cop).Trying to redirect the attention to drive the attention away from the facts just prove that you are either a dirty corrupt cop or polition yourself.Tammy Valdes did NOTHING to merit her termination at GB, botching up and padding her file along with conducting a fraudulent illegal investigation does not justify her termination, what a pathetic attempt to cover up the truth.The Town cannot even keep their story straight as to why she was terminated."So many employers you say??"Coming from a PD who more than half the Police Officers have been employed by a minimum of 4 departments,what a joke!Tammy is a victim of intolerable acts against her.The Miami New Times and FDLE did her background. Do your home work,stop leaving out the facts,a practice you often use.Its this simple stupid...she won her litigation with OlPD, No allegations of fraud,raping prostitutes,DUI or excessisve use of force.Just a group of criminals in uniform who were using their authority and power to try and tarnish Tammys good name and reputation in an attempt to redirect the truth.As for your history you have alot to worry about.Public Records will speak for themselves and are available for ALL the public to see...No "ACUUSATIONS" here.Everyone has done their homework and the facts speak for themselves.We will keep watching and informing the public of the wrongful acts in which you and your cronies engage in.There is defenitly more to come!!!!!
[youtube:2wcc9ih0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_xrsQEwCZ8[/youtube:2wcc9ih0]

The wife beater

[youtube:2wcc9ih0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-pLdsipwMA[/youtube:2wcc9ih0]

Found guilty

[youtube:2wcc9ih0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eJY82jf4Tk[/youtube:2wcc9ih0]

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/ ... s_a_de.php (http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2009/12/golden_beach_manager_gets_a_de.php)
Btw, go to the link and there is a great department of corrections mug shot of the manager.
Golden Beach Manager Gets A Dewey For Christmas

By Francisco AlvaradoTue., Dec. 29 2009 at 12:09 AM

Golden Beach Town Manager Alexander Diaz Arrested on DUI Charge

?Golden Beach Town Manager Alexander Diaz was a very naughty boy this past December 25. Miami Beach police officers arrested the 31-year-old small city bureaucrat for driving under the influence of alcohol. According to the arrest report, Diaz attempted to drive off in his gray BMW SUV after informing one of the cops at the scene:

"You don't know who I am? I am the city manager *****!"

Diaz could not be reached for comment. He did not respond to a message sent to his town email address and his assistant said he would not be back in the office until January 5.

According to the arrest report, a friend of Diaz was driving his Beemer when they were pulled over on Alton Road and Sixth Street at 3:30 a.m. The town manager was in the passenger's seat and "appeared to be passed out."

The driver woke up a surly Diaz, who allegedly said: "What the ****? Just go home." The driver was asked to get out of the SUV.

Diaz got out too and walked around to the driver's side. He ignored an officer's order to stay put and commands to do a roadside sobriety test, according to the arrest report.

Diaz's bust is the second black eye to hit the tiny, wealthy town of Golden Beach this month. Three weeks ago, CBS4 reported on Golden Beach Police Chief James Skinner's decision to keep Lt. Robert Barrio on the job despite facing felony kidnapping, false imprisonment and battery charges in Alachua County.

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/ ... s_by_h.php (http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2009/12/golden_beach_mayor_sticks_by_h.php)
Golden Beach Town Manager Alexander Diaz's Job is safe for the time being

?Golden Beach Mayor Glenn Singer says he has no intention of dumping town manager Alexander Diaz, who was recently arrested in Miami Beach for driving under the influence of alcohol. At least not until Singer gets back from vacation next week. "I don't have all the facts yet," Singer told Banana Republican. "And as we know, there is always three sides to every story."

Diaz was charged with a DUI this past December 25. According to the arrest report, Diaz "appeared to be passed out" in the passenger seat of his BMW SUV when his friend was pulled over by a Miami Beach police officer. The cop also documented "a strong odor of alcohol" inside the car.

During the traffic stop, Diaz allegedly took his key, got inside the driver's seat and attempted to leave the scene.

The report claims Diaz told the arresting officer: "You don't know who I am? I am the city manager *****!"

Singer says when he returns to Golden Beach on Monday, he will review the incident with the town attorney. "As of now I have no plans to suspend or terminate Alex," the mayor said. "He has been a valued employee."

03-28-2012, 08:18 PM

Golden Beach police: Sexual assault, kidnapping, and violence

Golden Beach Mayor Glenn Singer blames former police chief James Skinner, who resigned last May, for bringing on Paez and other bad officers. "Our hiring policies have changed dramatically," the mayor says. "They probably would not have been hired today."

Really Mayor ? You've got to be kidding me right ? Please explain to us taxpayers how the hiring policies have changed dramatically ? If that is so, how do you explain hiring Herbello, Delucca and several other officers with questionable backgrounds ? From the looks of it your new hiring policies are working just fine. Or is it a hiring requirement to be a wife beater, drug addict, or at least have a felony background to work in Golden Beach.
http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/ ... ice_ch.php (http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2011/05/golden_beach_interim_police_ch.php)

Golden Beach Interim Police Chief Rudy Herbello Accused Of Obstruction

By Francisco AlvaradoFri., May 27 2011 at 8:00 AM

Categories: Banana Republican, News, Politicks

Rudy Herbello is lording over the mess known as the Golden Beach Police Department.

?The Town of Golden Beach Police Department is in turmoil. In April, two officers were criminally charged with defrauding the small enclave by double dipping. Yovany Diaz, 33, and Omar Paez, 41, are accused of working off-duty overtime details while on their regular duty assignments; altering reimbursement invoices; and failing to pay the town for administrative costs connected to their overtime.

Now Interim Police Chief Rudy Herbello wants to put the kibosh on the ongoing criminal investigation, according to current and former Golden Beach police officers. We are not revealing their identities to protect the one who is still employed by the town.

Last week, during an orientation at roll call, Herbello allegedly informed his subordinates in attendance that he "was going to have a meeting with the Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office to drop the criminal charges against the accused officers and let him to do an in-house administrative investigation," says the cop who was present. Herbello also "threatened to fire anyone who talked to people outside the department about what he said," the cop added.

The former Golden Beach police officer heard the same story from other rank-and-file members of the police force. "It doesn't look good for the interim chief," the source says. "They replaced Frik with Frak." Herbello took over from Jim Skinner, who resigned shortly after the arrests of Diaz and Paez. The pair remain on duty in administrative positions and are being allowed to drive unmarked cars. Heck, Herbello even promoted Paez to acting lieutenant.

A call to Herbello -- who unsuccessfully ran against county Commissioner Joe Martinez in 2008 -- was routed to a Golden Beach spokesman, who provided us with a prepared statement from town Mayor Glenn Singer that somewhat denies the allegations against the chief:

Two days after Herbello was named, he held an orientation meeting (one for day shift and one for night shift) with his staff to talk about his goals and expectations for the department...During the orientation meetings, the Chief mentioned that since he was new to the job, he was going to try to reach the State Attorney's office to introduce himself, get up to speed on their investigation and see if there was anything more the Town could do to provide additional assistance. Also at the meeting, Chief Herbello reminded the group, that as sworn officers, they had an obligation to uphold the Town Charter and take no actions that would be considered adverse to the department's will, and if they did, would face possible disciplinary action.

Singer adds that Golden Beach's police union contract requires the town to provide cars to Diaz and Baez, even though both officers are on desk duty. "Since the two are not engaged in active law enforcement work, they have been assigned unmarked cars in lieu of marked police cars," Singer says.

Prosecutors have not met or spoken with Herbello, says Miami-Dade State Attorney spokeswoman Terry Chavez. "We are proceeding with our prosecution of the officers who have been charged and the investigation continues," Chavez affirms. "We have facts and evidence against these officers."

Since 2009, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, the Miami-Dade Police Public Corruption unit, and the state attorney have been investigating criminal allegations into the Golden Beach Police Department. Diaz is accused of stealing $2,032 and Paez of taking $1,450.

Six months before Diaz and Paez were busted, Sgt. Lynn Dean Peters, 45, was charged with one count of organized scheme to defraud, one count of grand theft, one count of insurance fraud, and 11 counts of official misconduct. Unlike Diaz and Paez, Peters is suspended with pay pending his trial.

In an unrelated case last year, Lt. Roberto Barrio was found guilty by a Gainesville jury of kidnapping and battery of his wife. Barrio was allowed to continue working for Golden Beach right up until his verdict. Before Barrio was convicted, town Mayor Glenn Singer told New Times that Golden Beach "affords all its employees the right to due process."

03-28-2012, 08:35 PM
Think before you speak mayor. Money cant buy you everything..Btw nice pics of the officers on the link

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2011/04/12/fr ... -officers/ (http://miami.cbslocal.com/2011/04/12/fraud-investigation-nets-two-more-golden-beach-police-officers/)

GOLDEN BEACH (CBS4) – Two Golden Beach police officers were arrested Tuesday for allegedly working off-duty overtime details while on-duty, also known as a double-dipping scam.

Officers Yovany Diaz, 33, and Omar Paez, 41, are the second and third officers to be charged in the on-going investigation. There are less than 20 sworn police officers on the force in the town of Golden Beach.

Diaz was charged with one count of organized scheme to defraud, one count of grand theft and two counts of official misconduct. Paez was charged with one count of organized scheme to defraud and one count of grand theft.

The investigation began in 2009 after FDLE and the Miami-Dade Police Department received allegations that officers worked off-duty overtime details while on-duty, altered city reimbursement invoices, and failed to compensate the Town of Golden Beach for administrative costs relating to the number of off-duty hours that they worked. The total loss for the Town of Golden Beach involving Diaz was $2,032 and the loss relating to Paez was $1,449.99.

Both men were booked into the Miami-Dade County Jail. Bond was set at $10,000 for Paez and $20,000 for Diaz.

Golden Beach honored Paez as the officer of the month in March 2009. Diaz was officer of the month in July 2009.

Sgt. Lyndean Peters (Photo Courtesy: CBS4 Source)

In January, Golden Beach Sgt. Lyndean Peters was charged with one count of organized scheme to defraud, one count of grand theft, one count of insurance fraud and 11 counts of official misconduct for allegedly working off-duty overtime detail while on duty. It cost the city $2,377.62, according to the FDLE. Peters also faced additional insurance fraud charges after he allegedly made false statements to an insurance company as it related to an accident he had in his police cruiser. Peters, who was a K-9 officer, was suspended without pay and benefits, pending the outcome of the criminal case. He is still awaiting trial.

Golden Beach’s Glenn Singer concerning the arrests:

“Although our town is small, we have always taken great pride in providing our residents with exceptional public safety. That’s what makes this situation so disappointing, not just for the commission and me, but for all of the honest hard working men and women who suit up each day to protect our residents. I want to be clear that the behavior that’s being alleged against these officers will not be tolerated in our town. We will continue to work closely with law enforcement so the truth can come out and if there’s any action we need to take internally to protect the good name of this department, we will do so at the appropriate time.”

The arrests are part of a probe by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, Miami-Dade Police’s public corruption unit and the State Attorney’s Office.

03-28-2012, 11:35 PM
Tamika wants to know if you want some fries with that ?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/dvsmosth8ted/wendys.jpg

03-28-2012, 11:38 PM
You used to have a life, running after trainees and police captains. Look what you've become. Leo affairs and new times is your whole life. How pathetic.

03-28-2012, 11:40 PM
Tamika wants to know if you want some fries with that ?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/dvsmosth8ted/wendys.jpg
Tammy, I don't think you should be putting your daughters picture on here". This ite is visited by people like you.

03-29-2012, 12:12 AM
All this stuff sounds like the Bruzos and Kaplan saga. Those were truley great cases of bad cops too

03-29-2012, 12:30 AM
Say O.P. how are you gonna explain Tamika to your wife and kids? You know she's gonna hear about this?

03-29-2012, 12:44 AM

Great article...

Hey "Rob" as your gay lover refers to you, it was so nice seeing
You at Uncle Al's with your wife after you beat the crap outta her and she had an injunction against you. Remember the time when she was so stoned out of her mind that she was passed out with her head on the bar. It was so cute watching your kid draw all over her face with her lipstick. She almost looked as good as the Joker from Batman. Boy those were the days huh? Where have all those good times gone buddy? Hey by the way, you still got a line on those pills you hook her up with?

03-31-2012, 01:09 AM
Stay tuned. I understand that Dateline is working on a story featuring Golden Beach and an in depth exposé of the backgrounds of certain officers, leading to their arrests. This is going to be big! Some politicians are going to have a lot of explaining to do to the citizens.

03-31-2012, 07:33 PM
Documentary, who is your source?

03-31-2012, 09:10 PM
Documentary, who is your source?
Good things come to those that wait...get the popcorn ready along with the snacks,drinks, sit back and enjoy the show :devil:

03-31-2012, 10:04 PM
Town Manager Alexander Diaz has the right attitude...remember not to drink and drive

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j31/msredicing/200511-264204.jpg

04-01-2012, 02:09 AM
Stay tuned. I understand that Dateline is working on a story featuring Golden Beach and an in depth exposé of the backgrounds of certain officers, leading to their arrests. This is going to be big! Some politicians are going to have a lot of explaining to do to the citizens.

Dateline? Golden Beach could have one of its cops kill somebody and it wouldn't draw Dateline's attention.

04-01-2012, 12:53 PM

Dateline? Golden Beach could have one of its cops kill somebody and it wouldn't draw Dateline's attention.

Continue to think this way. In the end, your stupidity and ignorance shall be your demise. Is there a reason why there are no African American officers or supervisors employed by Golden Beach? I would begin preparing to answer that question as well. There have certainly been qualified applicants.

04-01-2012, 02:44 PM

Continue to think this way. In the end, your stupidity and ignorance shall be your demise. Is there a reason why there are no African American officers or supervisors employed by Golden Beach? I would begin preparing to answer that question as well. There have certainly been qualified applicants.

My stupidity and ignorance? You may want to know your facts before talking out your arse. The town actually does have an African American officer. Unfortunately they don't get to have him around too often because he is busy working full time protecting our country as a member of the US Armed Forces.

04-02-2012, 12:26 AM

My stupidity and ignorance? You may want to know your facts before talking out your arse. The town actually does have an African American officer. Unfortunately they don't get to have him around too often because he is busy working full time protecting our country as a member of the US Armed Forces.

Surely you are not referring to Christopher Jones, he is as white as apple pie. Unless of course, he has been tanning.

05-12-2012, 01:50 AM
Hey how do I get into contact with Tammy Valdes? I have some paperwork that will help her case and I am turning it over to the Miami New Times too

05-13-2012, 11:39 PM
Hey how do I get into contact with Tammy Valdes? I have some paperwork that will help her case and I am turning it over to the Miami New Times too

Mrs. Valdes may be reached through her counsel, the Law Offices of Filer and Leach at 305-441-8818.

05-18-2012, 12:30 AM
thanks. I contacted them today and will be mailing them a cd full of documents and probably the miami new times.

05-19-2012, 01:20 AM
Golden Beach? I have a picture of one of their ford explores parked at the tacobell in Little Havana.. working hard eating them chalupas!