PDA

View Full Version : What is the secret?

03-20-2012, 09:25 PM
So, I am interested candidate who is well qualified. I have 7+years in a similar sized agency. I am young enough to make a career out of the job and am not looking for a place to "settle". I don't want to ASSUME anything, but I'm sure the Airport PD is unique. I take everything I read (negatives) with a grain of salt and know there are hard workers everywhere you go.

I am looking for a smaller agency to dedicate a long term career to. To show up everyday, to work hard, to make a difference, and be part of a team.

What does it take to become a member? It seems like it can be very difficult to get hired.

Can anyone tell me what the agency is looking for?

Thanks

Be safe

03-30-2012, 02:37 AM
Who is a point of contact to check on the status of an application?

04-02-2012, 02:11 PM
From my understanding TIAPD operates on the good ol' boy system. They already know who they are picking from their civil service lists.

04-05-2012, 02:30 AM
Seems to be a Florida trend

05-06-2012, 07:29 PM
From my understanding TIAPD operates on the good ol' boy system. They already know who they are picking from their civil service lists.

Misinformation...the CSB list is the list. Most applicants are unknown, but I'm sure there is specific criteria the agency goes by when selecting an applicant (Vet. Pref. then maybe experience, education, etc). Just because someone knows someone doesn't mean that person will be selected or even make it thru background.

Who is a point of contact to check on the status of an application?

Call the agency, someone should be able to direct you to the appropriate person(s).