PDA

View Full Version : THANKS

03-07-2012, 02:55 AM
Judge Jackie Fulford on Tuesday ruled that Governor Rick Scott and the Legislature’s decision to make public employees contribute 3% into their pension was unconstitutional. This is a major defeat for the governor and legislature who used the legislation to save $1 billion last year and this year. The ruling also effects counties that participate in the Florida Retirement System. For up-to-date news accounts of this story, photos and to post a comment, please access the links below:

03/06/2012 – Judge rules Florida pension changes unconstitutional

03/06/2012 – Judge rules against the state in pension case, creating potential

THANK YOU TEAMSTERS

03-07-2012, 03:15 AM
The teamsters did not initiate this lawsuit, the teacher unions did!

03-07-2012, 05:31 AM
Lawsuit filed in cooperation with the PBA who helped argue the case in court with their attorneys. Oh, by the way, even though the the Teamsters tagged on a couple of months later as in intervenor, (hind tit) they did not even have an attorney in the court room when the case was being argued, so explain how they could possibly claim credit for any part of this? Still, big fat liars.

03-07-2012, 12:30 PM
look we all know that FEA started it and all the others tagged on . Who cares as long as it is going forward. When a issue like this effects all FSRS it should be taken up by all unions. So there it is thanks all unions.

03-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Yes, it is true several unions joined in after the fact and supported the lawsuit and their support should be applauded. My problem is that the Teamsters played NO part of the actual court preparation or lawsuit. They didn't even have a lawyer in the room while the teacher's assocation and the PBA attorney were the ones arguing the case at the trial. Now people want to come on here and THANK the Teamsters? Give me a break.

porsche
03-07-2012, 06:44 PM
No, the Teamsters did not have a lawyer directly involved with the Court Case when it was heard. I watched the hearing as it was televised. At the time of the hearing, the Teamsters did not have standing in the case. Since they have become our union, they have done more to keep us informed and organized, than what I remember with the PBA. They did an excellent job of organizing opposition to the privatization of South Florida.

I still remember the last paper sent to me by the PBA. They had Harridopolous and Bondi as guests to address us in a short article each. Both have done their utmost to screw us. I remember when the paper by the PBA dealt mostly with Corrections. At the end of their tenure they catered to LEO. They did all they could do to get the Troopers back and put us on the back burner. The Teamsters is just beginning for us.

As far as raises. When Regions 1 and 2 were fighting for the 2800.00 difference in pay due to CAD, PBA originally stated they could not assist us because it could not represent just a portion of the membership. As momentum built, they tagged along at some of the initial rallies in tallie. Eventually when it seemed we were going to get the difference between Region 3 and Regions 1and 2, PBA joined in.

I have been around long enough to have a large view of the PBA. In my opinion, they have tried to maintain relationships with Politicians that were against DOC Officers and became a LEO oriented Union.

03-07-2012, 10:44 PM
God bless the Teamsters!

03-07-2012, 11:27 PM
The Teamsters have been a joke this session. A ton of officer losses is their results compared to when they took over and I dont think they had any layer arguing to Judge Fulford on the pension case. They are almost useless it appears.

03-07-2012, 11:38 PM
The Teamsters have been a joke this session. A ton of officer losses is their results compared to when they took over and I dont think they had any layer arguing to Judge Fulford on the pension case. They are almost useless it appears.

Whats a "layer"? Anyway looks like DDS will appeal this. I hope he does. This is like money in the bank. Judge Fulford has the distiction of NEVER having one of her desicisons overturned by a higher court. The state has already spent $500,000 on this case and will spend another $300,000 on the appeal. The longer it takes the bigger my check will be, 3% plus interest. I'm lovin it!!!
Thank you all public employees unions that joined in on this suit. Thank you Teamsters Union, PBA, Teachers Union, AFSME, FOP and any other union who joined in this lawsuit to stop this theft of our money!