PDA

View Full Version : ****** going away 'till January

02-24-2012, 10:50 PM
Coral Gables may be the City Beautiful, but beautiful can’t really describe what’s going on at the swanky city’s police department.
dennis ****** commute coral gables police

The buzz among the boys and girls in blue is that rookie chief Dennis ******, almost a year on the job, has been unable to connect with his troops.

One reason: ****** hasn’t moved to Coral Gables — as he promised the city’s administration he’d do.

******, who was lured from the tiny Juno Beach Police Department, is commuting almost daily for three hours — on Coral Gables’ dime. His marital home is still in Juno Beach, in north Palm Beach County.

According to accounting kept by the Coral Gables’ administration, he has put 31,300 miles on his unmarked Crown Vic and used $5,391 in gas — courtesy the taxpayer. The itemized uses of his city-issued Sunpass fill 74 pages!

Oh, yes: City Manager Pat Salerno (who was told to leave the same position in Sunrise, or be fired) agreed to give the chief a $1,750-a-month housing allowance for his first seven months so that he could move.

Both Salerno and ****** refused to answer questions about their arrangement. But a source tells me ****** house-sits a Coral Gables mansion and occasionally spends the night.

Now, the icing on this deflating souffle: ****** has been called to active duty in the US Navy Reserve and heads to a military police posting in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, on March 2. He’s expected to be out until January!

“I expected him and his family to transition to South Florida,” said Commissioner Ralph Cabrera. “I recently learned the chief is going into active duty. … I find all this highly unusual.”

****** was lured from the 20-member Juno Beach Police Department in March 2011 and makes $140,545 a year.

– This article first appeared in my column in the Miami Herald

02-25-2012, 07:56 PM
That is why the city manager is taking applicants for asst chief. I guess no one at CGPD is capable of becoming an asst chief.

02-26-2012, 02:33 AM
Get ready, ****** is bringing down one of his buddies to fill the ass. chief position.

I can't believe you guys aren't going to town on this. I was expecting 20 postings already. this is super funny, he is shady all the way. this is just the begining of him stealing money from your department. STEALING.

02-27-2012, 11:41 PM
I will be staying at the mansion until the Chief returns, so be good until then. :devil:
Let's Party....

02-28-2012, 05:39 PM
PARTY ON!!!! :devil:

HOPE HE STAYS GONE!

02-28-2012, 11:46 PM
He's coming back to get a fat retirement just like Skinner did.....

03-12-2012, 04:00 AM
Both the Chief and the manager should be replaced.

03-15-2012, 04:51 AM
When I worked at UM, I thought that place was bad...it's hard to believe that CGPD has tanked as far as it has over the last few years.

03-15-2012, 05:33 PM
When I worked at UM, I thought that place was bad...it's hard to believe that CGPD has tanked as far as it has over the last few years.

Thats because we suck!!!!

03-15-2012, 09:30 PM
Don't worry, when Frank Fernandiez, of Miami Police fame, takes over as your Assistant Chief and defacto chief, things will suck no more. They will . . . . . .

03-17-2012, 12:08 AM
Don't worry, when Frank Fernandiez, of Miami Police fame, takes over as your Assistant Chief and defacto chief, things will suck no more. They will . . . . . .

well, things pretty much suck right now as they are. look at all of the changes, not all are good. I for one am happy of at least 2 changes in patrol.

03-23-2012, 12:28 AM
Please listen to
coptalkradio.com. go into archives and find march 21, second hour with pill heads.
around mid way through the hour, prepare to hear alittle about your great chief

03-23-2012, 04:31 AM
Great vetting job on ****** Mr. Salerno -- NOT!!!