PDA

View Full Version : Who does he think he is

02-21-2012, 05:57 PM
Congratulations to the patrol troopers for your upcoming raises. The Colonel has just advised that if you want to come over to cve, you keep the money you already have plus you will get the CVSA additive. I am glad that you will get the money, all of us should be. If a cve goes over to patrol side, they go at same pay as they are already making. Somehow that doesn't sound right. I'm not trying to cause problems, I just want to help my fellow troopers get more money.

02-21-2012, 07:08 PM
You're in the wrong place then. You need to call the state legislatures.

02-21-2012, 08:40 PM
I don't mean to the command staff, i meant to the traditional troopers. It isn't their fault that we are being screwed. Probably most of them think we should be paid the same with all the certifications we have to keep current.

02-23-2012, 12:37 AM
Dude quit whining CVE. you guys did get a raise. IT'S CALLED HIREBACK AND OFF DUTY. You all took some of the good money from us by taking slots in those jobs that only troopers used to be able to do. Plus you keep the better looking uniforms, never had to go through the stupid FHP academy, don't work crashes, and have bankers hours. Get a grip.....

02-23-2012, 02:45 AM
Dude quit whining CVE. you guys did get a raise. IT'S CALLED HIREBACK AND OFF DUTY. You all took some of the good money from us by taking slots in those jobs that only troopers used to be able to do. Plus you keep the better looking uniforms, never had to go through the stupid FHP academy, don't work crashes, and have bankers hours. Get a grip.....
Your misguided, we should not have to work OT to make what you make. Second, we HAVE to keep more certifications than you do. Third, we do have to work crashes, hand writing them I might add. Fourth we deserve the better shift since our pay sucks. You guys have no idea. And to be told that a patrol side Trooper can transfer and get CVSA certification, keep their pay and get the CVSA pay, that my friend is bullcrap! We still haven't gotten equal pay. You get a grip

02-23-2012, 03:42 AM
I think DOT should be paid the same. I have been here for enough years to know that there is power in numbers and we should all stick together instead of fighting each other. That is why we will never get raises, because of the mentality of "some" of the Troopers. " WE ALL NEED TO STICK TOGETHER!"

02-23-2012, 04:22 AM
[quote="Guest"]Dude quit whining CVE. you guys did get a raise. IT'S CALLED HIREBACK AND OFF DUTY. You all took some of the good money from us by taking slots in those jobs that only troopers used to be able to do. Plus you keep the better looking uniforms, never had to go through the stupid FHP academy, don't work crashes, and have bankers hours. Get a grip.....

Dude, we did not ask for this merger. Your Colonel did and got it. Since we are all Troopers now we did not take off duty and hireback from you. We are entitled to it just like all Troopers. We wear the "better looking uniforms" because of the job that we do. As per the Colonel you are more then welcome to transfer to the CVE side. As for the FHP academy, some of our newer guys went through it, some of the older guys went to the county police academy's. Since the merger we do work crashes, hand written at that, we do not have the option of doing it on the computer which is much easier. As for the bankers hours, I'm not sure how long you have been on but we have not worked bankers hours for years, yes we do work weekends and holidays too. I have been here for a long time, I was not happy about the merger but have approached it with an open mind. Maybe you need to do the same, we are all in this together. It has been a very difficult adjustment for us, maybe you should think about that before you come on here and blast us.

So dude, quit whining and get a grip