PDA

View Full Version : Physical Fitness

02-16-2012, 03:13 AM
I'm trying to join the department but I'm not in great shape. Is there anyone at the department that can help me prepare for the physical fitness test? I use the up stairs gym as a visitor for now.

02-16-2012, 01:05 PM
Just keep up on the cardio and you'll do fine.

02-16-2012, 01:20 PM
The test is a joke. It doesn't really test if you're in good shape - it just makes sure you're not officially crippled. You'll do fine.

As some friendly advice, get in shape for yourself. If you really want to spend a career as a cop you should live a lifestyle of fitness. The job will cause enough stress on your ticker - you don't need an extra 50 pounds and some clogged arteries to complicate the problem. You also don't want to be that sloppy looking fat cop that makes the uniform look embarrassing and gives people ammunition to discredit our profession. Harden up and be the cop you as a citizen would want to see rolling up when the sh%t hits the fan - but don't go overboard with it. Just be fit.

02-17-2012, 12:18 AM
If you are using the gym up stairs, there are many officers that would be more than willing to assist you. You can ask Ofc. Books to assist with your biceps, Ofc. Deary to assist with your legs, Ofc. Henderson to assist with chest, Ofc. Sparrow to assist with abs, and Ofc. Hayes to assist with your ego. All are very useful.

02-17-2012, 09:58 AM
If you are using the gym up stairs, there are many officers that would be more than willing to assist you. You can ask Ofc. Books to assist with your biceps, Ofc. Deary to assist with your legs, Ofc. Henderson to assist with chest, Ofc. Sparrow to assist with abs, and Ofc. Hayes to assist with your ego. All are very useful.

Ahahahahahahahhaha

02-18-2012, 02:00 AM

Ahahahahahahahhaha

and we can all use you as an example of what a fat assed, out of shape pos that couldn't catch a 10 yr old crack dealer if you were on wheels

02-18-2012, 02:46 AM

It always amazes me that a-holes can anme and slam people on this board w/o posting their own but I can guess who this is. Sounds like someone has mancrushes and Hayes must have turned you down. We'll just look for the weasle watching his mancrushes and jerking off :P

02-18-2012, 04:58 PM
lolololololololololololololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One of the best replys ever. I need help with my ego and abs... Will Sparrow and Hayes assist me??

02-19-2012, 02:03 AM
Emulate the Chief. He sets the example of what a well conditioned officer should look like

02-26-2012, 02:41 AM
Emulate the Chief. He sets the example of what a well conditioned officer should look like

I'm at another agency now and we have an annual physical assessment test. Every sworn member has to take the test and if you don't pass they put you on an on duty PT training class for 6 months and then you retake the test. If you don't pass it you are gone.

It's not that bad you can walk part of it and still get through it. But, it weeds out the really obese and out of shape who shouldn't be carrying a badge anyway.

I wish we had them at St. Pete when I was there. It is embarrassing to see some of the officers. I wrote a memo when I was there t

02-29-2012, 01:13 AM
go to the range, run the distance I think its 200 yards, practice dragging 150lbs the distance(eithor a person, or two 80 lbs of sand or concrete, not sure of distance, 50 yards should work, then run the 200 yards again.

03-01-2012, 06:33 AM
The test is really tough.....train hard brother. That
Thing is very hard