PDA

View Full Version : Just a few questions

01-26-2012, 09:06 PM
Hey guys, just had a few questions about your agency. I'm starting to put apps out there and don't know much about LCSO.

1. Whats your starting salary for a law enforcement deputy?

2. What is your take-home car policy for people who live outside of Lee County?

3. How are shifts determined, and how often do you rotate (days to nights, vice versa)

4. Are you assigned a duty weapon or do you have to buy your own? If assigned to you, what is it?

I'd appreciate some reliable answers without a bunch of negative comments from disgruntled people! :lol:

01-26-2012, 11:07 PM
1. It should be on our website, but I would say with no experience, somewhere around $35,000.

2. Ten miles out of the county max.

3. Shifts are determined by where you are needed. Being new, expect to work nights. We do not rotate shifts as far as I know. Day shift is really hard to get on of course. Nights are where all the fun people work since the brass went home for the day. A little relaxed usually. If you have to have days, you let your Sgt. know and some districts have a waiting list.

4. You are assigned a 40 Glock. 45's go to the higher up rank folks. You know, the ones that sit at a desk. Don't ask why... don't EVER ask why or you will stay on nights. That goes for any new and cool equipment that comes out too. Expect to only get it when it is used and unwanted. You are also issued a shot gun for the trunk. That you will never get out only to clean or for inspections. Watch out for rust. You will also be issued a taser. They got rid of all the large chunky ones, so you should fair pretty well in that area.
You can have a back up but you have to buy it yourself and qualify with it to have it on you while on duty. They also have a program where you can buy a new one from them and pay payments through payroll deduction.

Good luck, smile, listen, don't ask questions, keep to yourself or under the radar of jerks (brass included) and you should be just fine. Just do your job, be brave and hold your breath until the next sheriff comes into office. Then you might be able to breathe a bit.

01-27-2012, 03:09 AM
Starting pay with or without experience is 35,000. Take homes 25 miles outside the county.

01-27-2012, 03:31 AM
Thanks for the info...I was hoping the take home car policy was more than 10. Strange about the Glocks and admin, but a .40 is good too. I figured a new guy would start on nights anyway...I'm used to bidding for a shift once a year, based on seniority (still got nights whether I like it or not).

Thanks again

02-21-2012, 09:48 PM
I have heard throughout all the LEO affairs blogs for months about Tim Fishers plat form and when is he going to answer the hard questions. Well he has visit his website www.fisherforlee.com (http://www.fisherforlee.com)

Here are the Top Five of his Plat Form:

Tim Fisher's platform:

1. Placing law-enforcement, agency and public safety & trust as a higher priority than selfish politics.

2. Being the Marquis and example of honor and integrity, exemplified by experience.

3. Reducing the size of the command staff making efficiency more readily attainable. No longer hiding people of “rank” making substantial amounts of money with limited responsibility, I will make them accountable for the salary for which they receive.

4. A forensic audit of the entire Sheriff’s office budget with special emphasis of the major support components to include but not limited to the aviation unit, technical services, fleet maintenance, human resources, and communications. Bearing in mind the current Sheriff will dictate the budget for my first year.

5. Eliminating a style of bully management, which is easily done by decentralizing and eliminating a micromanagement style of leadership.