PDA

View Full Version : Fisher's Op-ed page

01-25-2012, 08:52 PM
It was interesting reading Fisher's Op-Ed page in the N-P yesterday. The whole thing sounded like it was written by Bushong. Fisher might be a nice guy and all of that, but does not make a Sheriff. Fisher has no clue or ideas about moving the LCSO forward. On the other hand, Bushong might be a prick to some, but just look at his ideas, he is a smart educated man that knows where he wants to take the LCSO. As Lee has always commented, "Its time we stop being the laughing stock of the Law Enforcement world." There is just too much talent in this agency that just needs a leader and not a Bible thumper. Just take a look at what Lee told someone on here under the title, "Conversation with Bushong." Take an honest look at it and tell me what is wrong with it.

01-25-2012, 10:12 PM
You might be right, but it's early yet. Tim can't say too much too fast. I think before we make any commitment to either person we should wait until its a little closer. Unlike Lee, Tim still works here and I know he is trying be to stay gainfully employed for his family for as long as possible. Neither Tim or Lee have the funds to just shoot of at the mouth in competition with Mike. The difference is Lee has nothing to lose

01-26-2012, 02:39 AM
You might be right, but it's early yet. Tim can't say too much too fast. I think before we make any commitment to either person we should wait until its a little closer. Unlike Lee, Tim still works here and I know he is trying be to stay gainfully employed for his family for as long as possible. Neither Tim or Lee have the funds to just shoot of at the mouth in competition with Mike. The difference is Lee has nothing to lose

Why commit if you are concerned about your family? Tim has to step down by May, if 3 months is going to make a big deal, than he has problems. Mike hasn't gotten rid of Tim because he doesn't see him as a threat. Mike would never leave Tim inside the hen house to try and influence the vote within the troops, his history of firings show different.

01-26-2012, 03:39 AM
You're dreaming. Bushong will never last a character debate. You're wasting your time and energy. More improtantly, you are wasting a non-Mike vote. Wake up and get on board.

01-26-2012, 03:44 AM
Mike hasn't gotten rid of Tim yet because he cant afford the bad publicity it would bring. Its bad enough hes the most investigated sheriff in the history of LCSO! Mike seriously underestimates the backing that Fisher receives from within the Sheriffs Office and is going to be very surprised when the curtain closes and August 14 he is left with a box filled with old pens and pictures. And on Bushong, his 2 IAs speak for themselves, just ask SD. Hes been proven to be just as big a tyrrant as scott even as just a lieutenant. Could you imagine what would happen if he had the authority of the sheriff behind him! Scotts twin brother with hair (and eyebrows)!

01-26-2012, 06:32 AM
Mike hasn't gotten rid of Tim yet because he cant afford the bad publicity it would bring. Its bad enough hes the most investigated sheriff in the history of LCSO! Mike seriously underestimates the backing that Fisher receives from within the Sheriffs Office and is going to be very surprised when the curtain closes and August 14 he is left with a box filled with old pens and pictures. And on Bushong, his 2 IAs speak for themselves, just ask SD. Hes been proven to be just as big a tyrrant as scott even as just a lieutenant. Could you imagine what would happen if he had the authority of the sheriff behind him! Scotts twin brother with hair (and eyebrows)!

I find it funny that you trash Scott, but point out Bushong's IA's that the guy you trash concocted. And by the way wasn't it that courageous guy Fisher that investigated those IA's on behalf of his master, Mike Scott? Fisher is a dupe and a coward who hides behind the badge and like a typical religious fanatic casts stones on others. This guy has no plan and no ideas to move this agency forward.

01-26-2012, 06:39 AM
You're dreaming. Bushong will never last a character debate. You're wasting your time and energy. More improtantly, you are wasting a non-Mike vote. Wake up and get on board.

Lets have that debate. I heard that Fisher recently spoke in front of the 10-13 Club in Cape Coral and all the crowd would ask was, who is this clown? The guy had no message, other than to tell the crowd that his kid went to school with the 10-13's president. After finishing his incoherent speech, he took his little entourage and walked out and the crowd just laughed.

And when we have that debate, lets talk issues and ideas. Lets talk about what each candidate has planned for the LCSO. Hopefully, Fisher can put two sentences together.

01-26-2012, 09:25 AM
Maxwell smart or is it angry Mike. Give it up and go to sleep. No wonder your a lunatic you never sleep.

01-26-2012, 11:59 AM
No Maxwell (Lee) - you made your IA so easy - the cleaning crew could have investigated it. (#1)You sent a scathing email (retreivable - writing). (#2)You are disciplined, step out of the office @ 10-19 and you call the guy and cuss him out/threaten him. NOT hard to prove...

People are hired based on credentials - but they are fired based on ethics. Why not look at the ethics on the onset??? Might save us some heartache...

01-26-2012, 12:16 PM
Politi-Fact: PANTS ON FIRE

Fisher had already been transferred to SRO (by Ferrante) at the time of your internal. KK worked your case.

If KK was in the Sheriff's pocket he would have survived the big IA break-up (which he did not).

01-26-2012, 08:18 PM
No Maxwell (Lee) - you made your IA so easy - the cleaning crew could have investigated it. (#1)You sent a scathing email (retreivable - writing). (#2)You are disciplined, step out of the office @ 10-19 and you call the guy and cuss him out/threaten him. NOT hard to prove...

People are hired based on credentials - but they are fired based on ethics. Why not look at the ethics on the onset??? Might save us some heartache...

You are so self-righteous! And your sensitivity makes you right for this job. What a fine breed MS has grown!

01-31-2012, 10:42 AM

And the current Sheriff will? **** Spence? **** spence........again? Nepotism? Completely removed from management and only concerned with campaigning and news shots? The likely unlawful anti union campaign? Deputies on food stamps while the brass has catered lunches at training for their weapons qualifications? Character? He just does not have it.

01-31-2012, 01:24 PM

And the current Sheriff will? **** Spence? **** spence........again? Nepotism? Completely removed from management and only concerned with campaigning and news shots? The likely unlawful anti union campaign? Deputies on food stamps while the brass has catered lunches at training for their weapons qualifications? Character? He just does not have it.

I agree with you, but the general public dose not care about the iner squabbling. I think one of the big issues is going to be the "snow birds" when TF, and LB get started with the main campian the "snow birds" will be gone. And when they return MS will bombard them with TV ADs which TF or LB do not have the $$ to combat. People won't even know who these other guys are.

02-21-2012, 09:50 PM
I have heard throughout all the LEO affairs blogs for months about Tim Fishers plat form and when is he going to answer the hard questions. Well he has visit his website www.fisherforlee.com (http://www.fisherforlee.com)

Here are the Top Five of his Plat Form:

Tim Fisher's platform:

1. Placing law-enforcement, agency and public safety & trust as a higher priority than selfish politics.

2. Being the Marquis and example of honor and integrity, exemplified by experience.

3. Reducing the size of the command staff making efficiency more readily attainable. No longer hiding people of “rank” making substantial amounts of money with limited responsibility, I will make them accountable for the salary for which they receive.

4. A forensic audit of the entire Sheriff’s office budget with special emphasis of the major support components to include but not limited to the aviation unit, technical services, fleet maintenance, human resources, and communications. Bearing in mind the current Sheriff will dictate the budget for my first year.

5. Eliminating a style of bully management, which is easily done by decentralizing and eliminating a micromanagement style of leadership.

02-22-2012, 08:36 AM
I have heard throughout all the LEO affairs blogs for months about Tim Fishers plat form and when is he going to answer the hard questions. Well he has visit his website http://www.fisherforlee.com

Tim Fisher's platform:

1. Placing law-enforcement, agency and public safety & trust as a higher priority than selfish politics.

2. Being the Marquis and example of honor and integrity, exemplified by experience.

3. Reducing the size of the command staff making efficiency more readily attainable. No longer hiding people of “rank” making substantial amounts of money with limited responsibility, I will make them accountable for the salary for which they receive.

4. A forensic audit of the entire Sheriff’s office budget with special emphasis of the major support components to include but not limited to the aviation unit, technical services, fleet maintenance, human resources, and communications. Bearing in mind the current Sheriff will dictate the budget for my first year.

5. Eliminating a style of bully management, which is easily done by decentralizing and eliminating a micromanagement style of leadership.

Lets Compare, with the exception of # 4 above, the rest is just political rhetoric .

Though I have never been a big fan of Lee Bushong, I had the opportunity to run into him this past Saturday. I must say I was surprised by some of the things he had to say. I asked him how he felt about Scott raising so much money in the his first three months. Lee told me that it was impressive, but that he has always known that Scott would out raise him. He did tell me that if you look at a percentage of Scott's donors you will see that a good portion of his money came from personal injury attorneys, restaurant/business owners, and developers. He said that most people who know what is going on will see the corruption immediately. What impressed me most is what he told me were his plans for the LCSO should he be elected Sheriff. I will say that he is at least forward thinking compared to what we currently have in Scott. The first thing he touched on was the budget because Lee said that there has been a lot of disinformation out there about what he thinks about the budget.
1. Lee says he has found at least $3 million in complete waste in the LCSO budget. He plans to take a good portion of that money and shift it to raises for the deputies. If there are monies left over and after he is done with a complete budget review, he will cut the taxpayer a break but never balance the budget on the backs of the deputies.
2. Implement a step program for deputies where a deputy reaches top pay after 5 years.
3. All promotions will be based on merit and not who you know.
4. The detective position will become permanent with three grades, 3rd, 2nd, and 1st. A first grade detective will make roughly what a Sgt. makes
5. All detectives will receive specialized training from the best instructors in the country, especially the homicide guys
6. Sgts. and Lt's will be based on examinations, but will also have step plans.
7. The step plans will be implemented so that all deputies will be able to realize a career path with the LCSO.
8. There will also be lateral movement for those deputies that are active by the creation of plainclothes street crime units and Robbery Intervention units.
9. The implementation of a "money laundering" unit that will work with a certain federal agency to bring large seizures of money to the LCSO.
10. Unlike MS, Lee says that he will follow the organizations behind "grow houses" where ever they may be. Knocking off grow houses is BS, according to Lee. He says our deputies will work with other agencies to track down these groups. If it means our deputies going to Dade County and working with their guys so be it.
11. Eliminate Scott's "Kangaroo Court" when it comes to discipline. Lee says he will ask the county commissioners to appoint outside mediators such as retired judges to hear any case involving the firing of a deputy.

The above 11 items are just the tip of the iceberg. There is so much more to making the LCSO a professional law enforcement agency. My four year old can write what Fisher wrote. Like him or not, Bushong is the only one with a plan!

02-22-2012, 04:43 PM
I am not impressed at all. All this time & this is all he has to offer....

LB has my vote.

I have heard throughout all the LEO affairs blogs for months about Tim Fishers plat form and when is he going to answer the hard questions. Well he has visit his website http://www.fisherforlee.com

Tim Fisher's platform:

02-22-2012, 05:33 PM
Lee has great ideas!! But Fisher does also, I have spoken to Fisher it seems that he and Bushong have some of the same ideas. Yet we need to ask our selfs who do we want to lead us. Not Bushong and Not Scott! As more and more time pass Tim is getting the support not just from the deputies but from the public.

Mike Scott is done as Sheriff, Tim Fisher will be the next Sheriff of Lee County!!

02-22-2012, 07:31 PM
Where are these great ideas? Besides 4 & 5 the rest is fluff....he's just trying to sound intelligent and politically correct.

LB has my vote too...

Lee has great ideas!! But Fisher does also, I have spoken to Fisher it seems that he and Bushong have some of the same ideas. Yet we need to ask our selfs who do we want to lead us. Not Bushong and Not Scott! As more and more time pass Tim is getting the support not just from the deputies but from the public.

Mike Scott is done as Sheriff, Tim Fisher will be the next Sheriff of Lee County!!

02-26-2012, 03:28 AM

Tim Fisher's platform:

[color=#FF0000][color=#BF0000]#1. Political Rhetoric, a monkey could tell us that!

#2. Every real cop knows that police work is not all black and white. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do to win against the bad guy. Everyone here knows what I mean. Get off the self-righteous B.S.

#3. Easy, or you'll never have the support of the rank and file.

#4. Everyone knows the LCSO budget is bloated under MS, but why expose it? You'll only hurt the deputies. Bushong has found over $3 million in waste without an audit. He is the only one who has publicly stated that most of that money will go to raises for the deputies! Any leftover is to give the taxpayer a break, but never balance the budget on the backs of the deputies.

#5. See #3.

02-27-2012, 08:23 PM
Lee is a Signal 20!!! I will not vote for a man that left his men in the middle of the night. Nice move Lee!! Go back under your rock. :devil:

It was interesting reading Fisher's Op-Ed page in the N-P yesterday. The whole thing sounded like it was written by Bushong. Fisher might be a nice guy and all of that, but does not make a Sheriff. Fisher has no clue or ideas about moving the LCSO forward. On the other hand, Bushong might be a prick to some, but just look at his ideas, he is a smart educated man that knows where he wants to take the LCSO. As Lee has always commented, "Its time we stop being the laughing stock of the Law Enforcement world." There is just too much talent in this agency that just needs a leader and not a Bible thumper. Just take a look at what Lee told someone on here under the title, "Conversation with Bushong." Take an honest look at it and tell me what is wrong with it.

02-28-2012, 02:39 AM
Lee is a Signal 20!!! I will not vote for a man that left his men in the middle of the night. Nice move Lee!! Go back under your rock. :devil:

When you lack intelligence and facts, you provide stupid comments! And by the way, Keep Fisher off of You-Tube, it appears the guy can't put two sentences together! People will get a chance to see how dumb this man is.

02-28-2012, 04:06 AM
Tim is not dumb, he is simple - there's a difference. No he does not have a polished camera presence - he was not a TV personality. He has not done $200k in PSAs this year. He will get there. His platform is a bit generic because it was designed to appeal to the masses. The public does not care about our petty inner squabbling - they care about fiscal waste, safety and corruption. That is what he deals with. One thing you can be certain about is CHANGE. If you want to get hung up on his camera presence then he is not really for you anyway...stick with MS. If you want someone who is fed up with status quo and who believes that the position holds a sense of duty & responsibility to the men & women that he leads then give TF another look. There really is NO other option...

02-29-2012, 02:56 AM
Lee is a Signal 20!!! I will not vote for a man that left his men in the middle of the night. Nice move Lee!! Go back under your rock.

There were NO other sergeants in the county??? Were his men scared, or did they get lost without him? Were they in a gun battle when he left? Oh my, however did they survive the night without daddy to hold their hands???

03-03-2012, 01:41 PM
Lee is a Signal 20!!! I will not vote for a man that left his men in the middle of the night. Nice move Lee!! Go back under your rock.

There were NO other sergeants in the county??? Were his men scared, or did they get lost without him? Were they in a gun battle when he left? Oh my, however did they survive the night without daddy to hold their hands???
Hey goof ball...if you won the lottery in the middle of your shift are you staying unitl the end? If you say yes then you are quite simply the dumbest man on earth. This guy had enough. Whether he created it or not...he had enough.

Linebackerll
03-04-2012, 12:32 AM

Hey goof ball...if you won the lottery in the middle of your shift are you staying unitl the end? If you say yes then you are quite simply the dumbest man on earth. This guy had enough. Whether he created it or not...he had enough.

Had enough of what? Doing his job? What would possibly cause him to walk off the job in a huff? Who the hell does he think he is? There is a professional way to leave a job if it is no longer what you want to do, especially if you are a supervisor. This was not it. It showed Bushong's immaturity, sefishness, impulsiveness, and lack of class.

03-04-2012, 07:57 AM

Had enough of what? Doing his job? What would possibly cause him to walk off the job in a huff? Who the hell does he think he is? There is a professional way to leave a job if it is no longer what you want to do, especially if you are a supervisor. This was not it. It showed Bushong's immaturity, sefishness, impulsiveness, and lack of class.
Lets take a look at how Lee walked off the Job...
http://lee2012.com/content/content/wp-c ... DayCAD.pdf (http://lee2012.com/content/content/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/D4S-Bushong-LastDayCAD.pdf)
Records don't lie, but trash talkers do.

03-04-2012, 12:56 PM

I see your point about professionalism at that moment. And i will concede that you are absolutely right on that point. However, he was the subject of a witch hunt. I think that given what happened in the prior two weeks to his resignation he may not have been in the clearest state of mind. That is what I meant by he had had enough. So would you leave if you won teh lotto. I would. As a matter of fact, I would stop my cruiser right where it ws, lock it up and call a cab.

Linebackerll
03-04-2012, 02:00 PM
Sounds like Lee had already gone through his witch hunt and came out one rank reduced. Lying low is the usual smart move to an event like that. You eventually have a chance for a rebound. I have seen a few guys go through this. It may seem like the world is out to get you and the wounds...justified or not... take quite awhile to heal. But focusing on the work at hand instead of past injustice is theraputic. You begin to create a new reality. Your troubles are not nearly the focus you may think of others around you. Many will even agree you got a raw deal but don't want to dwell on it.

Yes, I've been ripped, too. It was absurdly unfair and very embarrassing but I'm still here. No, I would never walk away from the job in the middle of a shift....even if I won the lottery. We have all joked about doing something like that but duty comes first. Anybody who ever wore a military uniform or a badge should feel the same.