PDA

View Full Version : PBA Helps US

01-20-2012, 03:06 AM
Thank the PBA for stepping up for US when no one else told us the City was changing our pension. This job is hard enough without doing it for an extra 20 years.
I am glad someone who cares is watching our backs"""

01-20-2012, 04:12 AM
Thank you :D :D :D

01-20-2012, 11:45 AM
It's their job to do this. It is also too bad they just started doing it. Months before an election. It's called politics and Cecil is good at it.

01-20-2012, 02:03 PM
just started, what about the grievances for the past two years....must be Becky or admin one here cause those are the only ones who continually talk bad about the PBA.... Good job board and Cecil... Oh ya, good luck on the election. Sgt.'s and above are telling everyone the board needs to go. Guess they don't like being challenged.

01-20-2012, 07:39 PM
Dispatchers are glorified telemarketers and should not have a pension. They should have a 401k like every civilian.

01-21-2012, 02:20 AM
The PBA and the Board has always helped ALL of US. the few chosen few who wants to be promoted or tell us to not to 10-7 a ch 2 while they sit at golf View all night can stick it in their ear.
Thank you PBA, your special to us""

01-21-2012, 03:00 AM
Great job to Mr. PBA CP on yet another win. Pay attention to those who fight to get your $$$ back in your pocket. Compared to Mr. Psychopath who takes it away with a smile and a handshake.

01-21-2012, 06:04 AM
First of all ladies, this is a forum for police officers. It is not a forum for overweight gossiping ladies. The only thing the PBA should give the dispatchers is a stairmaster. Only one of you is actually in shape, and the rest of you need to go on the Biggest Loser.

01-21-2012, 04:19 PM
let me just say that if you all think the PBA board needs to go and we need change that is fine. But let me say that voting people onto the board that are just trying to get promoted IS NOT THE ANSWER

01-21-2012, 05:06 PM
Just remember the pay cut Baker had us take with his propaganda of laying off 20+ officers. Then after the pay cut hired new officers. If he gets his cronies like the PSB SGT stacked on the PBA, say goodbye to all your rights.

01-21-2012, 05:13 PM
I couldn't agree more. Change is one thing, sometimes good, but many of the new officers don't remember when CP was still employed here. Having someone in house was a loving nightmare because admin controls their everymove. The last people we need on the board are people like Prince, Medico, or Swift. They only are out for themselves to get promoted. Some of us more senior folks here can enlighten you on this, don't be afraid to ask. They are purely out for themselves, always have been, always will be. Don't buy into their BS propaganda...

01-21-2012, 05:34 PM
Re: PBA Helps US by Guest » 01/21/12 12:06:34

Just remember the pay cut Baker had us take with his propaganda of laying off 20+ officers. Then after the pay cut hired new officers. If he gets his cronies like the childless prince stacked on the PBA, say goodbye to all your rights.

01-22-2012, 01:01 AM
Bad boys, bad boys whatcha gonna do when the FEDS come for you ?

01-22-2012, 06:36 PM
The current PBA board has got to stay....As a patrol officer I feel like these are the only ones that are brave enough, and have been for the past 2 years, to stand up against this administration. We cannot have someone who actually works here be president with Baker still in charge..... Don't listen to the kool-aid drinkers (3 stripes and up) as they only care about the $75,000 minimum a year they make as we all struggle. They are mostly a joke and only made the position by drinking the kool-aid... Any of these people will give up what 25 years of benefits have accomplished if it helps them get promoted. Look at who responds to the emails... only supervisor and there boyfriends or brother-in-laws.....Stand up for your rights and benefits, the current board has and won again as always in the impasse hearing... Good jobs guys....

01-22-2012, 06:41 PM
yeah lets review for those that werent here when cecil was an officer, he is doing a great job now because we are his intrest. when he was an officer and pba president he had his own office, came and went as he pleased, and somehow managed to get a brand new patrol car with CD player and heated seats. If change is what everyone wants, thats fine, but lets NOT vote in people who want promotions because all they will do is look out for what the city wants, not the officers.

01-22-2012, 09:02 PM
Re: PBA Helps US by Guest » 01/21/12 12:34:38

Just remember the pay cut Baker had us take with his propaganda of laying off 20+ officers. Then after the pay cut hired new officers. If he gets his cronies like the childish prince stacked on the PBA, say goodbye to all your rights.

laughing, i can do this forever! There is only truth listed in the post above

01-22-2012, 09:13 PM
It was a classic divide and conquer. Threaten newer impressionable employees with job loss, get all your supervisors on board with your BS to steam roll the hard working men and women of this agency. Who is financially better off since he became #1 ?

01-22-2012, 11:55 PM
If I'm not mistaken none of the current executive board is even up for promotions. Cecil doesn't work (That's works out perfect - can't be threatened), ST - not on list, SG - not sure if he's on list (pretty neutral), and JL - not on list (doesn't ever test) - so that's a pretty strong group not looking for promotions and has been doing a great job. Great JoB driving the Kool-Aid Crew Nuts.....Love it.....

Director's - VM - only cares about promotion (Time to go), TM -was on board with whatever VM said when they worked together and is buddy buddy with KY Sgt., and MW - was promoted to Det.

Lest see, the current board is driving administration nuts.... Sounds like we have who we want on the executive board. New guys take note of this.... All very true

01-23-2012, 09:36 PM
Re: PBA Helps US by Guest 01/22/12 16:02:06

Re: PBA Helps US by Guest » 01/21/12 12:34:38

Just remember the pay cut Baker had us take with his propaganda of laying off 20+ officers. Then after the pay cut hired new officers. If he gets his cronies like the childish prince stacked on the PBA, say goodbye to all your rights.

laughing, i can do this forever! There is only truth listed in the post above

oh what fun it is to censor the truth. Is this post that bad?

01-24-2012, 12:10 AM
Ex-officer accuses police of manipulating stats
Posted: Apr 04, 2011 5:27 PM EDT Updated: Apr 04, 2011 6:29 PM EDT

FORT MYERS: A former officer with the Fort Myers Police Department alleges officers reclassified burglaries, auto thefts and robberies to make it appear as though those crimes were declining. The chief of police disputes that claim.

The allegations are being brought forth by former Fort Myers Police officer Joe Martinez who was terminated following an arrest for charges that have since been dropped.

Martinez says Fort Myers Police should be ashamed for what he alleges is blatant discrimination.

"Since I speak Spanish, I'd speak to the victim and ask him, 'You sure you don't want to pursue charges? Don't you want to find these guys?' And they'd say, 'The sergeant said I shouldn't because I'm illegal and they could find me and deport me,'" said Martinez.

Martinez claims by persuading victims not to press charges, the crime would be recorded as a lesser offense.

In doing so, Martinez says the department was able to manipulate crime statistics.

To comply with an investigation, Chief Baker pulled robbery, burglary and auto theft reports for the years 2005 to 2010. Of the 10,977 calls, 352 were reclassified to a type of call not counted on the Uniform Crime Report, according to a memo from Police Chief Douglas Baker.

Those include Signal 175 Contact Person, Signal 46 Criminal Mischief, Signal 181 Criminal Case Follow-up and Signal 172 Suspicious Person.

Baker says calls are sometimes changed if there is an administrative mistake about the type of crime.

In a statement he wrote:

We will continue to be professional and transparent. The false allegations are being made by a disgruntled former employee who was arrested, charged, terminated and later adjudicated of an offense. Other terminated employees have joined the bandwagon. We are working with the City Manager to find an independent review our crime statistics to dispel any rumors. I support the men and women of the Fort Myers Police Department and can back their work with statistical data that proves we have done everything properly.

The city manager is pushing for an external agency to review the allegations.

City officials don't know how much an investigation would cost taxpayers.

Since Martinez brought the allegations, the department has changed its policies. Reclassifying a call to signal 175 "contact person" requires a supervisor's permission.

01-24-2012, 01:12 AM
To All PBA Members,

The Gulf Coast Chapter is happy to announce that the impasse ruling over wages has been returned. The good news is...the arbitrator has ruled that ALL bargaining members should be given a 2.5% pay increase. The ruling on the step increase was that it should continue to be frozen for 2011 and as of today, we still have a pending grievance for the step increase. The arbitrator's recommendation for a pay increase is another win for our Gulf Coast PBA employees. Recently there have been no other PBA Chapters who have had a positive recommendation similar to this. It is important to note that each party, the PBA and the City, have 20 days to respond to the ruling therefore we have to wait before any further action can be taken. I will let you know as soon as I receive a response about the pay increase from the City.

Cecil L Pendergrass
President, Gulf Coast Chapter FLPBA
PBA SERVING IT"S MEMBERS

THIS IS WHY CECIL MUST STAY AS OUR PBA PRESIDENT

01-24-2012, 02:09 AM
To All PBA Members,

The Gulf Coast Chapter is happy to announce that the impasse ruling over wages has been returned. The good news is...the arbitrator has ruled that ALL bargaining members should be given a 2.5% pay increase. The ruling on the step increase was that it should continue to be frozen for 2011 and as of today, we still have a pending grievance for the step increase. The arbitrator's recommendation for a pay increase is another win for our Gulf Coast PBA employees. Recently there have been no other PBA Chapters who have had a positive recommendation similar to this. It is important to note that each party, the PBA and the City, have 20 days to respond to the ruling therefore we have to wait before any further action can be taken. I will let you know as soon as I receive a response about the pay increase from the City.

Cecil L Pendergrass
PBA SERVING IT"S MEMBERS

Now tell me how this is good news? We were promised when WE voted for the pay cut that the starting negotiation figure would be back before the 5.2% cut. So now the arbitrator rules that we get 2.5%......so I guess I'll be the bright one to point out that this is another 2.7% paycut. DER!!!!!! But let's spin this as a win for Cecil, who downright blew it with the "Starting from where we were spin" GARBAGE!!!!!

01-24-2012, 02:36 AM
To All PBA Members,

Cecil L Pendergrass
PBA SERVING IT"S MEMBERS

Now tell me how this is good news? We were promised when WE voted for the pay cut that the starting negotiation figure would be back before the 5.2% cut. So now the arbitrator rules that we get 2.5%......so I guess I'll be the bright one to point out that this is another 2.7% paycut. DER!!!!!! But let's spin this as a win for Cecil, who downright blew it with the "Starting from where we were spin" GARBAGE!!!!!

The only ones that promised that were the "chosen" ones. Beck, Billy, Roger etc, did not read the contract and believed we would get the money back!!! By the way when we took the 5.25% paycut BP,WM and others took anywhere from a 5k-10k raise even with the cut!! If you think PSB and their flunkies will take care of you as union people, you deserve what you get.

01-24-2012, 11:43 AM
The fact that anyone would even attempt to make a comment regarding people getting raises when others took pay cuts is absulutely stupid. whemever is making these comments is just trying to stir up crap. The special master recommended that the officers get back half of the 5.25% which is 2.75% the union cant even get that right. and for those that think the Union negotiated or won that are also misinfomed, the special master made his decision based solely on the fact that the city negotiated with the Fire Department for a raise in the future and the 2.75 was equal to what the fire department will get in the future, there was no negotiation needed. Ask the almighty cecil, JL, and the SG to tell you all the truth and include the entire report from the Special Master not just a piece. Make sure sure you know the facts and dont buy into propaganda from either side. And while your at it you all might think about why Cecil concealed this information from the membership for nearly a month after the ruling came out and only said what a win it was after the Chief put it out in his weekly information to the Police Department. Just sayin

01-25-2012, 05:55 AM
what a bunch of idiots. I guess you all drank the kookaid and listen to Princess. The 5.25% rate was a start for negotiations. That was never a right we had to get Oct. 1, therefore it had to be negotiated....... The city didn't want to give it back....Therefore impasse, and now the 2.5% increase ruling...The city wanted the 5.25 and more. get your facts right Kool Aid crew. Great job Cecil....

01-25-2012, 05:57 AM
what ST, oh ya he is the chiefs brother in law, and princess hand pick for replacement a year or so ago... SInce Daryl didn't work out this was the next....Good job princess dare not bash your hand pick....time to go old boy

01-25-2012, 11:09 AM
PBA did a good job. Don't be deterred Cecil, just keep it up. They are just upset because they can't control you.

01-25-2012, 06:29 PM
I am sure it was not released for a reason by the PBA Atorney. Thank GOD we have a Union that stands up for the real COPS here.

01-26-2012, 01:48 AM
It has been said, don't buy into the garbage put out by either side, if everyone thinks this union is doing a good job it will show in March when the election happens. Stop all the BS for all the malcontents CCPD and LCSO are both putting on a few filling some vacancies, go apply. its obvious none of you overly experienced bigmouths are applying because they are both hiring new people with no experience. For the admin and overall supervisors learn how to lead and treat your people. The majority of BS on this site comes from a few idiot PBA board members, a few idiot supervisors, a few idiot former officers and Anthony Thomas. Be careful what you buy into. If you all think that Cecil is looking out for your best interest then vote him back in, but I would look at all the under the table deals he is making or trying to make to further his political ambitions. And beleive me those ambitions dont include the rank and file at FMPD or any other law enforcement agency.

01-30-2012, 05:58 PM
I am glad to see that the Officers see that Baker is using his PSB staff to try to take over OUR Union. Can you just think what Baker would do to us if there was no one to protect US???

01-31-2012, 07:22 PM
Cecil and the PBA boys ROCK and ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

01-31-2012, 07:27 PM
Prince you are right! The PBA election is upcoming. And if we loose cecil and the current PBA then we all will loose in the long run.
In order the lost would be!

1. Grievance rights (so Admin) could fire more cops without any questions
2. Pension for the new people and the old guys would jsut retire or do another buy out.
3. cut our pay again to pay for the buy out of the upper staff
4. Insurance would go up becasue Cecil was the only one that worked to get better insurance in the last 10 years.
5. Loose our step plan for good since the City hates it.

So yes go ahead and vote for one of the Prince hand picked people" you will love it.

02-03-2012, 04:33 AM
I only support the good PBA people, That is the current BOARD. The others are a joke

02-03-2012, 08:59 PM
10-9?"Dispatchers are glorified telemarketers and should not have a pension. They should have a 401k like every civilian

I didn't know that the other civilians in the city had 401ks - telemarketer...we must remember this next time we save one of your sorry azzes or have to deal with your absolute stupidity! :evil:

02-04-2012, 12:56 AM
Dispatchers are glorified telemarketers and should not have a pension. They should have a 401k like every civilian.

I didn't know that the other civilians in the city had 401ks - telemarketer...we must remember this next time we save one of your sorry asses or have to deal with your absolute stupidity! :evil:

Dispatchers - as soon as we can buy the right software we can have a robot do your job. Then we won't have to hear "10-9, 10-9, 10-9. Sorry I was stuffing my face or watching tv." You create more safety hazards for officers than you help. You think you actually do anything? You are data entry people that speak.

02-04-2012, 01:23 AM

I didn't know that the other civilians in the city had 401ks - telemarketer...we must remember this next time we save one of your sorry asses or have to deal with your absolute stupidity! :evil:

Dispatchers - as soon as we can buy the right software we can have a robot do your job. Then we won't have to hear "10-9, 10-9, 10-9. Sorry I was stuffing my face or watching tv." You create more safety hazards for officers than you help. You think you actually do anything? You are data entry people that speak.

Let's take this time to be civil here!!. Please don't lose focus here! The guy and gals are doing a tremendous job..considering the peanuts they are given. We should not be at war with them! The focal should be how to make FMPD the wonderful agency that it once was! Stop the foolishness!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

02-04-2012, 03:48 AM
Remember Baker and his I A group is the bad one's here. Not the hard working cops and tco's
Support our union.

02-04-2012, 05:15 AM
We all now how is the Baker team. or the Baker family like Steve T.

02-04-2012, 04:37 PM
I am only going to say this once, when an officer gets shot and dies cause they didn't get the back up or medical help because the gals in dispatch was too focus on the Mob Wives rather then checking up on the officers. This is a lawsuit waiting to happen!!!! My wife better sue the hell out of this place if that happens to me!!!!! :twisted:

02-05-2012, 06:14 AM
If this is true then you need to report it!

02-05-2012, 06:42 PM
If this is true then you need to report it!
Check out dispatch and check out the flat screens.

02-06-2012, 07:15 PM
I am glad to see that the Officers see that Baker is using his PSB staff to try to take over OUR Union. Can you just think what Baker would do to us if there was no one to protect US???

I'm a bit confused here Cecil. How is it you are protecting us? I have seen officer after officer get fired and never return. Let me name a few for you:

Jason Moore
Joseph Martinez
Joseph Siracuse
Mikue Cela
Mark Edwards

That's the short list. Now tell me if I'm wrong here but they were represented by PBA attorney's and yourself, correct? They were still fired for one reason or another. Four of the five grieved their terminations and all terminations were upheld, with Edwards decision still out. Since this is a factual post I'm asking that the moderators leave it as posted and I would like a real response Cecil? I've been a PBA member for about 5 years and I am beginning to doubt there is a real benefit. I also do not enjoy the personal attacks I see being made by the PBA on FMPD employees/PBA members. Is the PBA not supposed to make my work atmosphere more enjoyable? If not, again, what good is the PBA member for the average officer?

02-07-2012, 03:09 AM
Hey rookie, the pba is not here to wipe your butt and tears away when you do not get your way. We the COPs are the Union, The or cecl is here to speak for US and he does a darn good job at it. That is why you will see all of the Sgts and Lt's telling you not to vote for him. I am sure he is the only one that is running on the whole Board that will step up and do the right thing for all of US.
Regarding Edwards, we all should stick togeher. we all know that Edwards was out spoken about the PBA or cecl, and he still stepped up and did his job for Mark. That is a true Union.
We do not have a BLUE LINE here at FMPD.
We have the Baker suck butts and that's it.
Grow up and support each other and the Union.

02-07-2012, 05:26 PM
The administration believes that they can do whatever they want to anyone they don't like. And then when their "crew" gets in trouble they either, A) Ignore it B) Downplay it or C) Let it run its course but never acknowledge it and just wait till people stop talking about it. There are now Sergeants and Lieutenants working here that have BROKEN the LAW, not violated policy, they broke the LAW. We have incompetent people continuously performing IA' s. The whole HEART mantra is a joke. There is none of that here and whatever HEART we did have left with the buyout or got fired. Support the PBA because once the admin takes it over you will see how bad things get.

Moderator 647 do not delete, no slam here. Mod 1, don't allow them to censor free speech.

Your post complies with the terms of use so it won't be deleted. Only posts that violate the terms of use are deleted or edited. Mod 647

02-09-2012, 06:53 PM
For your eyes only are you blind or from a different planet which is it? First of all I have to give it up to my boy Cecil! You got my vote baby!!! Now....... for all the peeps in the house do you really want the chief to have control over the PBA again! You better think really hard about this one and yes unfortunately the PBA could not get the officers job back. These officers were doomed from the very beginning because they did not drink the kool aid! But the PBA did everything possible to make sure admin didn't violate their rights. Cecil can't perform miracles. My advice to all my brothers and sisters don't put yourself out there! What I am trying to say don't f#@& up, don't give them a reason to f#@& with you. Are you feeling me? If you're sleeping on duty, lying, cheating or breaking any other policy... they got you. There's no way out unless you are sipping on some koolaid. If I'm tired I'm just gonna take my butt over to starbucks in gimme a few shot of expresso, their gonna change my name to jitterbug. And another thing man dont lie man up and say you did it and figure out later how to fix it, mama told me never to lie. Have some common sense don't put yourself out there! As far as the pba president you need to vote for him otherwise the chief is gonna take over this place and it will be worse than it is now. I enjoy seeing the chief face turn red every time someone brings up Cecil's name now that's a kodak moment.... peace out.

02-09-2012, 07:06 PM
Cecil has been instrumental in destroying the relationship between the PBA and city hall as well as the relationship between the PBA and our administration. Way back in the day we all used to be able to discuss things before they got out of hand. Officers careers were put first instead of politics and personal agendas. This was on both sides. Now that is gone and the PBA encourages resistance and deception when handling matters that affect all of us. The select few here that post one good thing after another about Cecil are only fooling themselves. Those of us that actually have a brain can see that it is only Cecil and two others post positives about the PBA while attacking anyone else that says they have issues with how things are right now. Bye bye Cecil and your political issues. Hello change........

Change is what we all want and that includes you Cecil.

Now tell me I drink cool aide or something to prove my point that your a narrow minded follower...

"Way back in the day we all used to be able to discuss things before they got out of hand. Officers careers were put first instead of politics and personal agendas. " So explain to me why having a union that fights for officers pay and fair treatment is a BAD thing? Whose career is being forgotten? It seems to me that you have some authority issues. Yes, I agree, Cecil is a politician, but since when do we want a union that bows down to everything the City Manager and City Council says? Who says when it is right to get FTO pay or Holiday pay? Who says that people have a right to defend their job if they get disciplined or terminated? Then why have a union? Why not just dissolve it and have nothing? If having a union that fights for officers is a bad thing, tell me, what is a good thing? Let us not forget that Sgt BP used the union lawyer when she was in Langtons IA, now her group is saying that all these grievances are bad for the PD? It would seem you can get help and use it when you are on the "in" crowd, but screw you if they don't like you. Please explain what we should do.

02-09-2012, 07:57 PM
[quote="Open Your Eyes":10q5yjtn]Cecil has been instrumental in destroying the relationship between the PBA and city hall as well as the relationship between the PBA and our administration. Way back in the day we all used to be able to discuss things before they got out of hand. Officers careers were put first instead of politics and personal agendas. This was on both sides. Now that is gone and the PBA encourages resistance and deception when handling matters that affect all of us. The select few here that post one good thing after another about Cecil are only fooling themselves. Those of us that actually have a brain can see that it is only Cecil and two others post positives about the PBA while attacking anyone else that says they have issues with how things are right now. Bye bye Cecil and your political issues. Hello change........

Change is what we all want and that includes you Cecil.

Now tell me I drink cool aide or something to prove my point that your a narrow minded follower...

"Way back in the day we all used to be able to discuss things before they got out of hand. Officers careers were put first instead of politics and personal agendas. " So explain to me why having a union that fights for officers pay and fair treatment is a BAD thing? Whose career is being forgotten? It seems to me that you have some authority issues. Yes, I agree, Cecil is a politician, but since when do we want a union that bows down to everything the City Manager and City Council says? Who says when it is right to get FTO pay or Holiday pay? Who says that people have a right to defend their job if they get disciplined or terminated? Then why have a union? Why not just dissolve it and have nothing? If having a union that fights for officers is a bad thing, tell me, what is a good thing? Let us not forget that Sgt BP used the union lawyer when she was in Langtons IA, now her group is saying that all these grievances are bad for the PD? It would seem you can get help and use it when you are on the "in" crowd, but screw you if they don't like you. Please explain what we should do.[/quote:10q5yjtn]

When I signed the grievances for the FTO, Parade and Holiday, they were given to me by Steve T. Then the PBA lawyer did the arguing and presented the case. Am I to assume if Cecil goes the lawyers go? Heck no. Anyone can do Cecil's job, but they will bring less drama, lies, politicking and propaganda to the job. Cecil has built a wall, the New PBA president must tear it down. "Tear down that wall Mr. Gorbech....I mean Sellers!

02-09-2012, 11:40 PM
I am telling you guys right now the chief and the city manager is desperate to get Cecil out so they can control pba once again. I know what I'm talking about I have been here for 15 + years. The chief and the city manager wants someone from this agency to become president so that the chief can give him a cushion position and will do what the chief wants.

02-10-2012, 12:25 AM
Sellers is about to retire, he is on the pension board, what do you think would be his motivation to be PBA president? If he retires while PBA president then the current board can select his replacement i.e. VM BP etc. He will insure that the pension is left untouched so that he retires well, he will remove your seniority pay and remove the grievance policy from our contract, because thats what the city and the administration want, he will cut another 5.25% from your next contract in April because that will insure his pension is safe. He will not be there for any union business due to the fact he is constantly working overtime at the Fleamarket and such for his PENSION. So yes he will bring CHANGE, he will take your benefits and money and then leave you with a union run by the admin. Come April 1, 2012, the police contract is up for negotiation. Look ahead before you give up again.

02-10-2012, 01:53 AM
Listen all of you. If you have a PBA president from within the agency you will reget it for sure. They will be Bakers puppet and do what ever he wants them to. You have to keep Cecil he has no problem giving it to Baker. I worked there over 20 years and have seen PBA presidents suck the Chiefs a$$ and we the working stiffs had to suck it up. You are in much better hands with Cecil the Sellers..

02-10-2012, 02:17 AM
And when Cecil was elected, he was the admins choice. He sucked those things you wrote about too. He did nothing except hang out with Baker and Daniels on the 3rd floor. He stole the PBA president job from an FOP supporter that should have been the PBA president. And what happen to the New Yorker later, Cecil failed to support and fight for him in his IA and he went packing. Don't forget that.

02-10-2012, 02:30 AM
And when Cecil was elected, he was the admins choice. He sucked those things you wrote about too. He did nothing except hang out with Baker and Daniels on the 3rd floor. He stole the PBA president job from an FOP supporter that should have been the PBA president. And what happen to the New Yorker later, Cecil failed to support and fight for him in his IA and he went packing. Don't forget that.
Cecil and the rest of us have not forgotten that is why we have to keep him!! Let not go back to that BS.
VOTE FOR CECIL!!!!!! :devil:

02-10-2012, 02:33 AM
Thank you for proving my point!!!!!! Vote for Cecil!!!!!!

02-10-2012, 11:53 PM
:D VOTE CECIL FOR PBA PRESIDENT! :D

02-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Cecil hasn't done his job!!! He was asked to fix take home car issue years ago! Seniority should mean something at this agency!!!! New guys should know what to expect here and then there would be no issue about who gets what and when. They would have something to look forward to after they've done their time. It shouldn't matter what race you are or whose but you've kissed! Not only would this help morale, it would stop the childish whining on this site:) But Cecil never cared because he is all about Cecil... He always had a new car with no cage for prisoners so he could put his seat back and sleep on details. Speaking of, why do the same people get all the details and cops who need extra money for bills are left out? Oh oh oh, I know why.... Because Cecil hasn't done his job! He was also asked to fix this years ago with a fair distribution system like other progressive union agencies have. But Cecil didn't fix it! Why you ask? Oh, you should know that answer by now... Cecil is all about Cecil! If he fixed it, he would would have lost most of his details! So he deprived his pba dues paying members of extra money so he could make more. I wonder what Cecil is scheming now that will benefit him at our expense... A takeover by Lcso for a cushy job with Mike Scott? Hope some of you like unemployment.... But hey, anything to screw Chief Baker... Is your career worth a personal vendetta???

02-11-2012, 07:53 PM
Cecil hasn't done his job!!! He was asked to fix take home car issue years ago! Seniority should mean something at this agency!!!! New guys should know what to expect here and then there would be no issue about who gets what and when. They would have something to look forward to after they've done their time. It shouldn't matter what race you are or whose but you've kissed! Not only would this help morale, it would stop the childish whining on this site:) But Cecil never cared because he is all about Cecil... He always had a new car with no cage for prisoners so he could put his seat back and sleep on details. Speaking of, why do the same people get all the details and cops who need extra money for bills are left out? Oh oh oh, I know why.... Because Cecil hasn't done his job! He was also asked to fix this years ago with a fair distribution system like other progressive union agencies have. But Cecil didn't fix it! Why you ask? Oh, you should know that answer by now... Cecil is all about Cecil! If he fixed it, he would would have lost most of his details! So he deprived his pba dues paying members of extra money so he could make more. I wonder what Cecil is scheming now that will benefit him at our expense... A takeover by Lcso for a cushy job with Mike Scott? Hope some of you like unemployment.... But hey, anything to screw Chief Baker... Is your career worth a personal vendetta???

I agree with the statement that all Cecil cares about is himself. You have to realize that Baker also only cares about himself. Personal vendetta or whatever PSB wants to make it. Baker has treated his employees horrible and he knows about the Sheriff, but he does not care, if the SO comes in Baker will RETIRE, he will take all his money and leave us unemployed. He has no love lost on us, Cecil at least within the past two years has fought and won arbitration relating to our holiday pay and FTO pay. When he was working for admin we got what admin wanted, not what the officers deserved. Sellers is a decoy, used by the few who wish to control the union. When you go to Sellers house ask him when he is retiring and what happens with the PBA presidency then? Cape Coral has a strong union because their supervisors and officers work together. The Chief has developed this system of rewarding anyone who will turn on his brother or sister. It is easier for him to reward 5-10 supervisors for scaring patrol into voting what the admin wants rather than pay 100+ patrol officers what they deserve. When are we to fight for our rights? When we get our pay cut down to 25k a year?

Moderator 647 don't erase this, it is freedom of speech.

02-11-2012, 08:32 PM
Anyone else remember when Cecil was one of the very few that made more money year after year than Chief Daniels. Guess he was a hard worker. :lol:

02-11-2012, 09:03 PM
Re: PBA Helps US
by I Still Remember » 02/11/12 15:32:07
Anyone else remember when Cecil was one of the very few that made more money year after year than Chief Daniels. Guess he was a hard worker.

I have been here since 1998 and Cecil has always made money...stop hating since wifey-poo won"t let you work ot or details

Cecil-Today-Tommorow-and Always!! Because Baker is a _________...always has and always will be :twisted:

02-12-2012, 11:14 AM

Whomever you are on this quote your showing how uninformed you are. Cars are not in the contract, that is a management issue. Last I heard the ten cars cost about 300,000 k. That's fine buddy if you want it in the contract then they ( #1 or City Manager) can say will either give you 10 cars or your step. You choose!!!!

Who cares about a damn CAR.. Again, that is a MANAGEMENT CONCERN. If you have a problem with the cars go up the chain asking your questions and/or grow up and stop crying about what car you have....

Then you cry about details....I don't work them so don't really care, but think of a better or fair way to do it and present the idea.... STOP CRYING ABOUT MANAGEMENT ISSUES - GROW UP

02-12-2012, 11:21 AM
Lets see here, with the elections coming up we now have seen an email about a meet the candidates party at MS's house. Good idea, but email came from #1's BROTHER IN LAW....... THAT SHOULD SAY ENOUGH ABOUT WHO HE WANTS ALONG WITH #1.

Pay attention everyone....PENSION BOARD MEMBERS should not be on the PBA Board... #1 and the CITY MANAGER control that board and want CONTROL of the PBA... Don't let this happen.

Like him or not, personal feelings aside, CECIL is our only hope right NOW....

VOTE FOR CECIL!!!!!!!!

For the rest of the board, do not vote for anyone on the SGT's or LT.'s List that are running for positions. IT's obvious their motivation.......

02-12-2012, 05:52 PM
Lets see here, with the elections coming up we now have seen an email about a meet the candidates party at MS's house. Good idea, but email came from #1's BROTHER IN LAW....... THAT SHOULD SAY ENOUGH ABOUT WHO HE WANTS ALONG WITH #1.
Pay attention everyone....PENSION BOARD MEMBERS should not be on the PBA Board... #1 and the CITY MANAGER control that board and want CONTROL of the PBA... Don't let this happen.
Like him or not, personal feelings aside, CECIL is our only hope right NOW....
VOTE FOR CECIL!!!!!!!!
For the rest of the board, do not vote for anyone on the SGT's or LT.'s List that are running for positions. IT's obvious their motivation.......
Is Cecil going to be there cause I'm voting for him!!! He is our only hope, he has no ties with the chief and Cecil is on our side NOW!

02-12-2012, 10:14 PM
When the Chief had control of PBA why didn't any one report this? He should have no say in what the union does. I am pretty sure Cecil made the PBA aware now. I have to cast my vote for Cecil. The chief should have no business sticking his nose where they don't belong!

02-14-2012, 10:00 PM
I like what I see the PBA is doing and I support them all!

02-14-2012, 10:08 PM
I like what I see the PBA is doing and I support them all!
Keep em coming cecil and crew. You have NO one fooled. Sellers in a landslide!

02-14-2012, 10:32 PM
Cecil and crew you guys have my vote. Keep admin out of OUR PBA, Cecil keep dong what you are doing. Keep em running, you guys have them on their heels. Since they can't control you they don't know what to do. They can't hang a specialty over his head or a promotion.

02-15-2012, 12:34 AM
Listen up. its going to be Matt (Pres), Steve (SVP), Ezra (VP), and Kelly (Sec) so get over it.

02-15-2012, 12:43 AM
Listen up. its going to be Matt (Pres), Steve (SVP), Ezra (VP), and Kelly (Sec) so get over it.
It's great to live in a fantasy world!
CECIL FOR PRESIDENT!!!!

02-15-2012, 10:44 AM
I think that next time you are on your knees you need to come up for air. Lack of oxygen to your brain. Don't swallow the cool-aid, spit it out. I think it is spiked with something, and it ain't protein.!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cecil you all have my vote!!!
By the way I will be there at 730 just for the food and drink. My mind is already made up

02-15-2012, 12:26 PM

I think that next time you are on your knees you need to come up for air. Lack of oxygen to your brain. Don't swallow the cool-aid, spit it out. I think it is spiked with something, and it ain't protein.!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cecil you all have my vote!!!
By the way I will be there at 730 just for the food and drink. My mind is already made up
I think the food and drinks is being paid by FMPD. :snicker: I will also attend but my vote is for Cecil. Can't pass up a free meal! :snicker:

02-15-2012, 07:14 PM
Get to impasse hearing at city council if you want any chance of 2% raise.... It's not the 5% Cecil promised we'd get back when we took pay cut but what's another lie from the prez....

02-15-2012, 09:08 PM
PBA loses another grievance at the hands of city council. I watched it on tv in disgust. Our PBA representatives were embarrassing. I was embarrassed to be a member and want a change in our union leadership. I have never seen such a poor display of professionalism. Enough said.

02-15-2012, 10:15 PM
Pay close attention new guys.... It's time for a change! We need a new pba board if you want to see a raise anytime soon. Today's impasse hearing was proof of that! Florida is a right to work state and our current pba is a laughing stock to the city. Cecil has destroyed any working relationship with the city and they won't negotiate with him because they can just vote against any arbitration including a special magistrate's decision. Cecil dropped the ball on extending our contract which will now be left open to losing more benefits. Meanwhile, the fire dept got extended their contract leaving benefits in place plus got two steps back in pay come october! Cecil has made this a pissing match with city council and they have bent him over (and the rest of it's with him). This is why they will spend more on attorney's fees fighting grievances than what it would cost to give us benefits... We made the biggest gains in pay and got the step plan when Steve Long was pba pres and there was a mutual respect. We have to try again and start over! Do not cut off your nose to spite your face! Vote for change and the chance to do better. We have to try because this isn't working! Pba can always revert back to fighting and filing grievances if out doesn't work...

02-15-2012, 11:26 PM
Pay close attention new guys.... It's time for a change! We need a new pba board if you want to see a raise anytime soon. Today's impasse hearing was proof of that! Florida is a right to work state and our current pba is a laughing stock to the city. Cecil has destroyed any working relationship with the city and they won't negotiate with him because they can just vote against any arbitration including a special magistrate's decision. Cecil dropped the ball on extending our contract which will now be left open to losing more benefits. Meanwhile, the fire dept got extended their contract leaving benefits in place plus got two steps back in pay come october! Cecil has made this a pissing match with city council and they have bent him over (and the rest of it's with him). This is why they will spend more on attorney's fees fighting grievances than what it would cost to give us benefits... We made the biggest gains in pay and got the step plan when Steve Long was pba pres and there was a mutual respect. We have to try again and start over! Do not cut off your nose to spite your face! Vote for change and the chance to do better. We have to try because this isn't working! Pba can always revert back to fighting and filing grievances if out doesn't work...

I could never be on the side of chief baked or the beautiful becky. If i had to sell my soul to the devil i'd rather go down fighting in flames with Cecil. Can't wait to cast my vote for you brother! Keep fighting the good fight, i have seen your heart and honor. I know you stand on the side of those who are actually working at this agency.

02-15-2012, 11:37 PM
First of all the city council had already made their minds up before the meeting! They also said that 2012 is not gonna look any better which means they are gonna take more benefits away from us. When does it end? We need to keep Cecil as our pba president! I refuse to bow down to the city manager and our chief! This battle is not over!

02-16-2012, 02:05 AM
Can the people who like CP tell me what is so good about him? I haven't seen him do any good for the us officers. He has just caused more problems between the officers and admin. CP supporters love him for trying to destroy Baker, but are you guys so dumb not to see how all this BS is destroying our agency and destroying your jobs? Get you head outta your a$$

02-16-2012, 02:39 AM
Can the people who like CP tell me what is so good about him? I haven't seen him do any good for the us officers. He has just caused more problems between the officers and admin. CP supporters love him for trying to destroy Baker, but are you guys so dumb not to see how all this BS is destroying our agency and destroying your jobs? Get you head outta your a$$
Why don't you get your head out of your a$$. Chief needs to be held accountable for destroying this agency. I hold him 100% responsible!!! You are brainwash to think your precious chief will lookout for the officers. Anyone who has been here 5+ years knows that he doesn't give 2 shitzzz about the officers!!

02-16-2012, 03:13 AM
Why don't you get your head out of your a$$. Chief needs to be held accountable for destroying this agency. I hold him 100% responsible!!! You are brainwash to think your precious chief will lookout for the officers. Anyone who has been here 5+ years knows that he doesn't give 2 shitzzz about the officers!!

I'm not saying Baker is good. I'm not saying I'm a Baker supporter. My question is why do people love CP so much? He sure as hell did not get me more money after today. And city council made it very clear that they don't like CP. this is a huge pissing match between CP and the city council and it's sure as hell isn't hurting CP. it's hurting me, my family and my future with how my retirement I going to be. I do have +5 years on this department and that's why this is bothering me with them destroying what I've been busting my ass for.

02-16-2012, 05:42 AM
I'm not saying Baker is good. I'm not saying I'm a Baker supporter. My question is why do people love CP so much? He sure as hell did not get me more money after today. And city council made it very clear that they don't like CP. this is a huge pissing match between CP and the city council and it's sure as hell isn't hurting CP. it's hurting me, my family and my future with how my retirement I going to be. I do have +5 years on this department and that's why this is bothering me with them destroying what I've been busting my ass for.
Wake up and smell the roses this fight isn't over! Do you honestly think coming into this meeting that the city manager, mayor and council was going to give in to our demands. If so, you have a lot to learn young lad. I regret not voting for Ruggio in the past but I am not going to make that same mistake. Cecil will continue this fight and I will continue to support him all the way! 8) CECIL HAS NO TIES TO THE CHIEF = CHIEF CAN NOT CONTROL PBA.

02-16-2012, 06:04 AM
Wake up and smell the roses this fight isn't over! Do you honestly think coming into this meeting that the city manager, mayor and council was going to give in to our demands. If so, you have a lot to learn young lad. I regret not voting for Ruggio in the past but I am not going to make that same mistake. Cecil will continue this fight and I will continue to support him all the way! 8) CECIL HAS NO TIES TO THE CHIEF = CHIEF CAN NOT CONTROL PBA.

First, I'm not trying to start a pissing match between you and me. As far as coming into this meeting and getting half of our pay cut back, we probably would have been able to get it back if CP was not filing grievances for every little thing. City Council is clearly not liking all the little BS stuff the CP is fighting for. And honestly, I don't agree with all the little things that he fights for. He truely needs to pick and choose his battles.

Second, I'm not so sure on how I feel if Ruggio would have taken the position. He might have been a little to hard headed thinking that the union down here would be like it is where he comes from.

Third, with the way things are going, if CP did have ties to Baker, not so sure much would change. City Council CAN CONTROL PBA!!! They are doing it right now. Baker does as told by Billy. And as long as we have this manager and these individuals on City Council, CP is not going to do us any good. Which brings me to fourth....

Why do I want to keep CP as PBA President? Still have not heard a answer to my original question. What good has he done me?

02-16-2012, 12:36 PM
First, I'm not trying to start a pissing match between you and me. As far as coming into this meeting and getting half of our pay cut back, we probably would have been able to get it back if CP was not filing grievances for every little thing. City Council is clearly not liking all the little BS stuff the CP is fighting for. And honestly, I don't agree with all the little things that he fights for. He truely needs to pick and choose his battles.
Second, I'm not so sure on how I feel if Ruggio would have taken the position. He might have been a little to hard headed thinking that the union down here would be like it is where he comes from. Third, with the way things are going, if CP did have ties to Baker, not so sure much would change. City Council CAN CONTROL PBA!!! They are doing it right now. Baker does as told by Billy. And as long as we have this manager and these individuals on City Council, CP is not going to do us any good. Which brings me to fourth....
Why do I want to keep CP as PBA President? Still have not heard a answer to my original question. What good has he done me?
First of all Cecil is filing grievances on behalf of the union paying members, which in fact is his job to do so. Second the city manager never intended to give you a raise the first place. And to answer your question he still is fighting for our rights!

02-16-2012, 03:52 PM
We do have some rights but there is politics involved and city hall isn't dealing with Cecil. This is obvious after the loss yesterday. Remember when we were told we'd get our 5.25% back? So why were we even fighting for 2.5%? What a humiliating joke! Pba is a bargaining unit in a right to work state and it can only force so much. They won't negotiate with Cecil and meanwhile the fire fighters are laughing at us all the way to the bank! They got two steps in pay to watch tv and sleep at night while we work short handed to deal with the spike in violent crime and burglaries. City council knows they need us or they won't have a city to serve, yet they would rather prove a point to Cecil and hurt us doing it. We need to move forward and get rid of the self serving pba pres. Maybe then we can get a well deserved pay step like the fire union negotiated....

02-16-2012, 04:41 PM
If you think the chief is gonna fight for you vote for sellers. The chief will be in control if sellers wins so don't forget that!
If the city council thinks that the officers will take part of becoming more proactive on the streets to help with the increasing crimes they better think again! Let the city drown in their own crimes!
Cecil you still have my vote!! :wink:

02-16-2012, 05:27 PM
And he has mine vote too! Cecil will continue our fight against this bad admin! we need cecil and board memebrs who does not kiss the as' of the chief or related to the Chief like Steve is.
By the way where was Steve Tharlsden yesterday"" he was a now show at either meeting?? Where is our PBA candidates when the crap hits the fan??
I saw cecil there and he is not on payroll! that is why he has mine vote.'

02-16-2012, 11:59 PM
U must be a new guy that doesn't know how much better it was before Cecil.... And Steve was out of state on vacation. Do some investigation before you jump to conclusions. You are a cop, right? Keep an open mind, educate yourself, and make yourself and the agency better.

02-17-2012, 12:12 AM
before Cecil thing were better, that is about the funniest thing I've heard in days. You must be a new guy who wasn't around for the Steve Long, Rich Love or Greg Horn Era's.... SL did absolutely nothing but sit in community affairs and do whatever he was told by HD. Additionally, when a contract violation occurred HD was approachable and could have something pointed out to him and acknowledge the contract and do what was right. DB does the opposite. No consideration for when Cecil points stuff out and does whatever he wants. That is the only reason CP has had to be that Union GUy, since DB does whatever he wants and will continue to do so.... Get you facts right kids before you run your mouth about the old days when you weren't here and only listed to admin (Sgt. and Lt.'s) who are perfectly happy with their large checks and cushy positions. THINK FOR YOURSELF FOR ONCE.

02-17-2012, 12:13 AM
U must be a new guy that doesn't know how much better it was before Cecil.... And Steve was out of state on vacation. Do some investigation before you jump to conclusions. You are a cop, right? Keep an open mind, educate yourself, and make yourself and the agency better.
U must be part of the koolaid drinkers that has their head so far up the chief a$$ you can't see straight. Slow down and take a sip don't swallow! :devil:

02-17-2012, 01:44 AM
He he'll with kool aid drinkers-- these guys arte protein drinkers--- and they seem like they swallow it all!!!!!
Was it really better before Cecil??? I have been here for over 10 years, and have seen it all.ndo you really believe that sellers or any of the other guys are going to do more than Cecil?? Nothing more than a puppet pulling strings. If you baker supporters knew anything, why not pit the blame on him. He is the chief, correct? He is our leader, correct?? Has he been doing either?? Should he be fighting for his troops? He needs to grow a pair and stand up to the city manager and stand in our corner, iregardless of his relationship with Cecil. I don't hive a damn about being promoted andni certainly don't care about what happens in the city. I won't bust my azz for anybody anymore.,., sucks but it is what it is.

02-17-2012, 03:43 AM
Does it really matter? wake up cecil is the only one that will fight to keep us FMPD before LCSO takes us over due to Baker and Scott fued. Scott win and we are out of a job. Mean while Baker will walk off with his pension and Chief contract pay out.
You need to look at the big picture like the city council said. Otherwise we all will be out of a job thanks to D Baker.

02-17-2012, 04:09 AM
Does it really matter? wake up cecil is the only one that will fight to keep us FMPD before LCSO takes us over due to Baker and Scott fued. Scott win and we are out of a job. Mean while Baker will walk off with his pension and Chief contract pay out.
You need to look at the big picture like the city council said. Otherwise we all will be out of a job thanks to D Baker.
You are so right, the chief is having issues with Mike Scott, Streets, Cecil, and the majority of the officers . I'm not a rocket scientist nor am I a graduate from Hodges but it looks like the chief seems to be the problem here. :twisted:

02-17-2012, 05:16 AM
Someone needs to Baker act Baker, for not standing up for US. Why and how could he just there and stand up for his troops?? Who or what kind of person is this????

02-17-2012, 12:50 PM
Someone needs to Baker act Baker, for not standing up for US. Why and how could he just there and stand up for his troops?? Who or what kind of person is this????

Just so it is CRYSTAL CLEAR, the Chief represents MANAGEMENT and the CITY when we sit down to negotiate contracts, he is not part of the union and wants control over it. He has stated on tape that the PBA has no control over MANAGEMENT i.e. (him). He is not going to stand up and fight for you because that is not his job.

02-17-2012, 05:53 PM
Chief is suppose to be a leader.... Yes, he only answers to Mitchell, but a true leader leads and doesn't sit on the sidelines while his troop are in battle. This was one case he could have made himself look good in front of many but instead sat there...

And now with PBA elections he thinks people will support an in house candidate and his BROTHER IN LAW... THINK AGAIN

VOTE for CECIL

02-18-2012, 02:12 AM
Very good point. Doug can walk away with his fat paycheck. JUST LIKE CECIL. That's right kids, when Cecil was President and still working as a cop, he was milking away in Community Affairs, the same place Steve Long was. We need a president that will feel the affects of what he bargains for.

02-18-2012, 02:14 AM

Just so it is CRYSTAL CLEAR, the Chief represents MANAGEMENT and the CITY when we sit down to negotiate contracts, he is not part of the union and wants control over it. He has stated on tape that the PBA has no control over MANAGEMENT i.e. (him). He is not going to stand up and fight for you because that is not his job.

Patton??????? Ever heard of that guy>>>>>>>>>>. Controlled by a Prez, but still loved by his troops!!!!

02-18-2012, 03:25 AM
Since this thread is titled "PBA help me," why doesn't the union grieve the Chiefs promotion choices? Two officer just got a CPC position and I wonder what they have in common...hmmm? One dosent do squat during the day and the other just got busted sleeping on duty. Can you guess thier skin color? Who's going to be the next Sergeant Duke? Your lunch buddy Freeman?

Cecil, it's pretty clear the city has no money, they shoved that up your hiney at the hearing. How about we grieve some real issues!

02-18-2012, 03:27 PM
Since this thread is titled "PBA help me," why doesn't the union grieve the Chiefs promotion choices? Two officer just got a CPC position and I wonder what they have in common...hmmm? One dosent do squat during the day and the other just got busted sleeping on duty. Can you guess thier skin color? Who's going to be the next Sergeant Duke? Your lunch buddy Freeman?

Cecil, it's pretty clear the city has no money, they shoved that up your hiney at the hearing. How about we grieve some real issues!

Dont worry about that. But I can assure you that the new Sergeant will have a degree, which is required. Funny how you never mentioned a Lt and Cpt that do not have degrees. Might I also mention the fact that there was a former Cpt that retired, that only had a G.E.D.

hahahahahahahahahahaahahaahahahahaahahahahahahahah a

02-18-2012, 03:52 PM

Dont worry about that. But I can assure you that the new Sergeant will have a degree, which is required. Funny how you never mentioned a Lt and Cpt that do not have degrees. Might I also mention the fact that there was a former Cpt that retired, that only had a G.E.D.
I don’t think he was talking about degrees and education. He was talking about making decisions that are fair and unbiased and not based on race. If your referring to Captain Fair with only a GED, I only knew the man for a short time but he was a great guy. From what I hear from the guys that have been here a while, he was one hell of a cop and took care of his people. I don’t know what Captains and Lieutenants have degrees or not, I don’t really think it matters as long as they are good leaders. He does have a point about the two new CPC’s. I work with one of them and she doesn’t do a thing all day long. Fuller is a nice guy and I hear he works very hard. But, he was just reprimanded for sleeping on the job after an all out manhunt to find him. The position was filled in less than a week. Sorry, but you can’t dispute the facts. There is favoritism written all over it.

02-18-2012, 05:04 PM
I think kw could have a reverse discrimination lawsuit. Calea says next promotion is jg or df...

02-18-2012, 05:53 PM

Well it doesn't take a detective to know that you received your degree by doing your homework on duty, no wonder the crimes haven't been solved. I know capt DP is encouraging individuals to get their degrees. My question is at what price? The city is going to shitzz but my people have a diploma which states that they have a brain after all. I think the chief master plan is for the next 3 years how far can I totally destroy this agency.....more destruction ahead folks!!!!

02-18-2012, 06:38 PM

For those of you that were bypass for political reasons this is why you need to vote for Cecil you have the right to file a grievance!

02-18-2012, 07:20 PM

I don’t think he was talking about degrees and education. He was talking about making decisions that are fair and unbiased and not based on race. If your referring to Captain Fair with only a GED, I only knew the man for a short time but he was a great guy. From what I hear from the guys that have been here a while, he was one hell of a cop and took care of his people. I don’t know what Captains and Lieutenants have degrees or not, I don’t really think it matters as long as they are good leaders. He does have a point about the two new CPC’s. I work with one of them and she doesn’t do a thing all day long. Fuller is a nice guy and I hear he works very hard. But, he was just reprimanded for sleeping on the job after an all out manhunt to find him. The position was filled in less than a week. Sorry, but you can’t dispute the facts. There is favoritism written all over it.

aND YOUR POINT IS?????????
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA.
gLAD bf GOT IT 000--===0 NOW GO CRY ME A RIVER DO BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! psb rules mofo

02-18-2012, 07:25 PM

Well it doesn't take a detective to know that you received your degree by doing your homework on duty, no wonder the crimes haven't been solved. I know capt DP is encouraging individuals to get their degrees. My question is at what price? The city is going to shitzz but my people have a diploma which states that they have a brain after all. I think the chief master plan is for the next 3 years how far can I totally destroy this agency.....more destruction ahead folks!!!!

Well you can always go back to southwest florida and work on your AA. As a matter of fact you can leave, at anytime. Nothing is holding you back . LEAVE and dont come back. We arent going anywhere, still in ncharge

02-18-2012, 07:38 PM
gLAD bf GOT IT 000--===0 NOW GO CRY ME A RIVER DO BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! psb rules mofo
Are you as ignorant as you sound? "There is favoritism written all over it", is such a true statement here! Two officers, BF and JJ gets caught sleeping and one get the new charger and the other gets a specialty unit. Way to punish them chief!!! You are the most hated individual at FMPD!! Transparency is great!!! :twisted:

02-18-2012, 09:38 PM
Are you as ignorant as you sound? "There is favoritism written all over it", is such a true statement here! Two officers, BF and JJ gets caught sleeping and one get the new charger and the other gets a specialty unit. Way to punish them chief!!! You are the most hated individual at FMPD!! Transparency is great!!! :twisted:
And this is exactly why we have to keep Cecil as our pba president to make the chiefs life HE double L !! :twisted:

02-19-2012, 01:23 AM
And this is exactly why we have to keep Cecil as our pba president to make the chiefs life HE double L !! :twisted:
No moron! This is exactly why we need to get rid of Cecil and vote in someone that will fight these issues. Cecil has NEVER challenged Doug about promotions! He can't because it will hurt Cecil's relationship with Anthony Thomas, Willie green and the rest of the Boyz.

People hate us because of Cecil and his corrupt ways. The council hates Cecil. Heck, even Leonardo treated Cecil like a *****. What was it that he told Cecil at the hearing? "Sit down, I'm not finished! Hey Cecil, I'm running for mayor of my block, can I get a PBA endorsement and some money like YOU did for Leonardo?

Worked great for us huh?

02-19-2012, 03:40 AM
No moron! This is exactly why we need to get rid of Cecil and vote in someone that will fight these issues. Cecil has NEVER challenged Doug about promotions! He can't because it will hurt Cecil's relationship with Anthony Thomas, Willie green and the rest of the Boyz.

People hate us because of Cecil and his corrupt ways. The council hates Cecil. Heck, even Leonardo treated Cecil like a *****. What was it that he told Cecil at the hearing? "Sit down, I'm not finished! Hey Cecil, I'm running for mayor of my block, can I get a PBA endorsement and some money like YOU did for Leonardo?
Worked great for us huh?
You think someone who is controlled be the chief will fight this issue or any issues for that matter, you better think again . Not only are you delusional, you are fu@&ing out of you mind. I hope you are the chief first victim if Cecil does not get the position!

02-19-2012, 04:49 AM

For those of you that were bypass for political reasons this is why you need to vote for Cecil you have the right to file a grievance!

We don't need Cecil to file a grievance!!! The new board can still represent its members and have all the same resources he has without the selfish agenda and personal conflict that has caused irreparable harm to all of us. It's time to move forward and start fresh if we want to see a better future. And no, I'm not a kool-aid drinker, been in more trouble than all of u. I just want to keep my job, get back on track, and retire in fmpd blue! I hope the rest of you are smart enough to want the same...

02-19-2012, 10:28 PM
Don't forget about get together at Seller's house tonight at 7. Everyone that went to Perry's secret gathering targeting new guys with Cecil propaganda should attend...

02-19-2012, 10:34 PM
Don't forget about get together at Seller's house tonight at 7. Everyone that went to Perry's secret gathering targeting new guys with Cecil propaganda should attend...
told you i was gonna be their for the food and drinks.... CECIL STILL HAS MY VOTE!!!!!

02-19-2012, 10:46 PM
told you i was gonna be their for the food and drinks.... CECIL STILL HAS MY VOTE!!!!!
Let us know if the food was worth the time and what flavored koolaid did they served. Also tell us if they had a packed house and how it went. Curious George wants to know!
CECIL FOR PRESIDENT!!!

02-20-2012, 02:27 AM
Let us know if the food was worth the time and what flavored koolaid did they served. Also tell us if they had a packed house and how it went. Curious George wants to know!
CECIL FOR PRESIDENT!!!

Why don't you go and see for yourself? Oh, that's right, you probably got fired from here (Martinez, Edwards, etc). Or your working (Perry, Gruber), or your at home cleaning uplike and baking a cake for Cecil (Langton), or your the worthless fat ******* himself...Cecil!

How was The secret meeting at Buffalo Wild Wings boys? Let me guess, they did the right thing for you huh? 50% off. Good choice Perry!

02-20-2012, 02:45 AM
[quote=Newpba]Don't forget about get together at Seller's house tonight at 7. Everyone that went to Perry's secret gathering targeting new guys with Cecil propaganda should attend...
CECIL FOR PRESIDENT!!!

Why don't you go and see for yourself? Oh, that's right, you probably got fired from here (Martinez, Edwards, etc). Or your working (Perry, Gruber), or your at home cleaning uplike and baking a cake for Cecil (Langton), or your the worthless fat ******* himself...Cecil!

How was The secret meeting at Buffalo Wild Wings boys? Let me guess, they did the right thing for you huh? 50% off. Good choice Perry![/quote:jgz2apn5]

You have a lot of hate issues kid.

02-20-2012, 03:22 AM

How was The secret meeting at Buffalo Wild Wings boys? Let me guess, they did the right thing for you huh? 50% off. Good choice Perry!
By the sounds of your frustration, the party didn't do so well!!! :lol:
Cecil for president! :snicker:

02-20-2012, 04:07 PM
Mike Perry is a good guy. I've never heard of that guy screwing anyone over, or bashing anyone in this agency. He really just wants what is best for the officers. With that in mind, a few years ago, Perry was leading the charge against Cecil.

We need to stop this division within our PBA. We have common goals, common enemies, and common interest. I'm not talking about supervisors input in our contract, I'm talking officer and officer. The officers need to stop screaming at each other, calling each other names, some of you want to represent us, and we want you to do a good job, so we're better of starting on the right foot.

Whoever leads us these next 3 years, we have to be able to trust. Now, Mike Perry has never screwed anyone over, Vinny Doyle hasn't, Kelly Witt hasn't, Matt Sellers hasn't. Out of that list, Vinny has probably been written up more than anyone, and Kelly has been complained on more than anyone.

I don't want to speak negatively about anyone, so just ask around. Ask Detective Division and some of the old school cops about Vinny Doyle. Ask the guys in detective division, like Dennis Keen (who's a straight shooter) about Matt Sellers. Ask SIG, past and present about Kelly Witt. Hell! Ask his squad, before he came along those guys were all ready to walk out on this agency.

Ask Sizemore or anyone that was close to Sizemore about Cecil. They tried screwing that guy over when he said VOTE NO. Ask the old Winkler Safe guys, like ****erson, Zammit, and Gutridge about Jimmy Langton. Ask Christian Reynolds about him. Better yet, ask him! Ask the traffic guys about Gruber or ask the Charlie squad about him. Better yet, ask him!!

All in all, go talk to the guys who are going to represent us. Ask them question, get informed. We are cops, we should be able to see through the B.S.

As far as the guys who want to run for the PBA board now, I strongly doubt those guys have drank any kool-aid. Last I checked none of them are on the Sgt's or Lt's list. Do these guys care about a pension? Well, I sure as hell hope they do. Like Mark Edwards tried telling all of us last time, once you give something up, it's very hard to get it back. The fear or a buy out, is laughable. That's exactly what cost us all the money in the 1st place. Don't quote me on this, but I think Cecil benefited greatly from the buy out, as it screwed all of us over for the excemption of moving ahead within the agency considerably faster.

Bottom line is this, what we are doing is failing. The grievances we've won, we've won, but those should have been won no matter who filed them. It's about keeping people honest, and making sure the sitting board does their job. We haven't been too great at people keep their jobs or seeing a significant pay bump in the right direction.

I don't think telling the people who determine our pay that they're dumb investors will get us what we need. We can't argue from a position of power because we don't have it. We have to argue from an intelligent and convincing position. One thing I can tell you for sure about Matt Sellers, he's good at convincing people. For some weird reason, he sits people in a room, and they feel like telling him that they have murdered people after waiving their rights. If he can get people to send themselves to prison for the rest of their lives (Ok, it's Lee County, for 6 months and probation, maybe), I think he can convince city council to pay us a little better, and the Chief to back off a little and let the guys and gals do their job.

02-21-2012, 03:45 AM
Vote for Cecil!!!

02-21-2012, 02:37 PM
Vote for Cecil!!!

Ok, ok! We get it Cecil. You don't have to post it every day.

02-21-2012, 05:17 PM
Am I getting under your skin chief........GOOD!!!!!!!! Thanks for reposting this for me. :lol:
Vote for Cecil!!!

02-21-2012, 08:17 PM
Am I getting under your skin chief........GOOD!!!!!!!! Thanks for reposting this for me. :lol:
Vote for Cecil!!!

I am going to vote for Obama this year election;
I am not going to vote for Scott because he called Obama the Hussein name
I voted yesterday for Cecil Pendergrass;
I've also voted for Mike Perry;
I've also voted for Vinny Doyle;
I've also voted for Jimmy Hernandez;
Lastly, I voted for the dispatch lady and Chad Thorton. I thought about Youngblood, but he reminds me of the Cable Guy on TV; can't really take him/them seriously..

There you have it!! :cop:

02-21-2012, 08:32 PM
Speaking of Sizemore, prior to the princess getting Theraldsen to run for VP maybe you should know that she recruited Sizemore by waiting for him in his cubicle one day. Oh ya, he came around to his desk in Det. Division and she was sitting on the floor at his desk waiting to discuss her interest in him taking her spot on the board.......

And you think the others on the board are for management.....haha

02-21-2012, 09:00 PM
factcheck or should I say admin boy, you make some good points then some really off points. You must be listening to notaro or princessss on some of your thoughts...
Division needs to stop, this didn't exist until all the grievances started which are all wins for the big boy... Can't fault him on that...VOTE FOR CECIL....
Sizemore, well he saw the writing on the wall when Prince recruited him in her secret little talks she has...Then left, Smartest guy I know... :D
As for Winkler Safe -those guys had to deal with Lt. Maurer...Enough said, that guy made JL become a paper and stat boy for him and hung them all out to dry at comstat...none of that was right, turned them against each other...

Ok fact boy lets not even waste are time talking about Mr. Fat or Fit. I'd say their is probably a reason he was removed from housing and CPC positions... :lol: :lol:

As for whats working.... Change may be good. I just got my ballot and noticed everyone is calling for a new board yet Theraldsen and Cecil are both running. Nice to see JL and SG stepped aside and listened to see if anyone can do better... I had heard theraldsen tell people he was gonna do the same then submitted his nomination... As for Cecil, never heard much. So much for your word their Theraldsen. Good luck and have fun at family dinners/picnis with the CHIEF.

02-21-2012, 09:06 PM
I look at it this way! Do you think that the others like Steve T and Matt Sellers will do ANYTHING the Chief wants or they will loose their OVERTIME.

Sellers made $120,ooo in OT and details
Steve (Bakers Brother in Law) made $130,000

Do you think either of them will drop a detail or a O T task Force to help US.
They will make more money next year while the rest of struggle to feed our kids.

02-21-2012, 10:23 PM
Just got my wonderful neon green Ballot:

i voted for :

Cecil Pendergrass
Michael Perry
Vincent Doyle
Jimmy Hernandez
Chad Thornton

Kept standing up and fighting for our Pay, Rights, and Benifits

02-21-2012, 10:32 PM
I look at it this way! Do you think that the others like Steve T and Matt Sellers will do ANYTHING the Chief wants or they will loose their OVERTIME.

They will make more money next year while the rest of struggle to feed our kids.

Ok, this is officially the stupidest thing I have read on this site. Are you $hIting me? Cec made more than that sitting in Community Affairs and was the PBA president. If anything, they get treated better.

And as for struggeling to feed your kids, give me a break. They can't fill the OT at the department. These guys got off thier asses and worked. I suggest you do the same idiot!

02-21-2012, 10:48 PM

Ok, this is officially the stupidest thing I have read on this site. Are you $hIting me? Cec made more than that sitting in Community Affairs and was the PBA president. If anything, they get treated better.

And as for struggeling to feed your kids, give me a break. They can't fill the OT at the department. These guys got off thier asses and worked. I suggest you do the same idiot!

i wish i was high... the rumors of some officers getting on these secret details and OT are TRUE! these guys are given the heads up before everyone else. I have been there and seen it. have you ever looked at the detail board the same day details are posted and its already mostly to completely filled out >?< last year i made $48K+ that's duty time, details and OT and i have been here for five years ? come on !!!

02-21-2012, 10:55 PM

i voted for :

Cecil Pendergrass
Michael Perry
Vincent Doyle
Jimmy Hernandez
Chad Thornton

standing up and fighting for our Pay, Rights, and Benefits

i am voting of Cecil and Mike Perry for sure

02-21-2012, 11:59 PM

That's why we are not voting for Matt and Steve they won't have the time to file all our grievances. :snicker: Cecil is not on the payroll so he has all the time in the world! DUH.. :snicker:

02-22-2012, 12:21 AM

I believe in making as much money as you can, but seriously ? $130,000 in detail and over time, Damn. How are you gonna take care of me when you are all out the almighty dollar and yourself ? How much was your gross pay because i am a drop in the bucket to what you made Stevie

02-22-2012, 12:36 AM

i voted for :

Cecil Pendergrass
Michael Perry
Vincent Doyle
Jimmy Hernandez
Chad Thornton

Ditto!! Great minds think alike!! I've cast my vote for you Cecil . Do us proud and keep giving chief and the city manager HE double L !! :snicker:

02-22-2012, 12:58 AM
I am not voting for you Matt it is not personal just business, I can't see you standing up to the chief and you will hang us out to dry when you leave. Sorry, Steve can't vote for you either, I will make this "short", brother in law :D .

02-22-2012, 01:15 AM

i voted for :

Cecil Pendergrass
Michael Perry
Vincent Doyle
Jimmy Hernandez
Chad Thornton

Holy CrappeR, MY BALLOT WAS THE SAMEFRUGAL

02-22-2012, 09:04 AM
Vote Sellers for PBA President

Unifying the Membership *****TOP PRIORITY*****

· Strength Through Solidarity · No More Hidden Agendas · Financial Accountability

Collective Bargaining

· Unfreeze Step Plan; Increase Wages; Retain Police Retirement · New Strategy for Collective Bargaining · Full PBA Board Cooperation and Membership Communication

Unfair Labor Practices and Contract Violations

· Enforce Violations of the Agreement · Fairness for All Employees · Strive to Eliminate Disparity

Representation for Internal Affairs Investigations

· Experience in Officer Involved Shooting and In-Custody Deaths · Enforce Proper Procedures for Internal Investigations

02-22-2012, 09:29 AM
Vote Sellers for PBA President

Unifying the Membership *****TOP PRIORITY*****

· Strength Through Solidarity · No More Hidden Agendas · Financial Accountability

Collective Bargaining

· Unfreeze Step Plan; Increase Wages; Retain Police Retirement · New Strategy for Collective Bargaining · Full PBA Board Cooperation and Membership Communication

Unfair Labor Practices and Contract Violations

· Enforce Violations of the Agreement · Fairness for All Employees · Strive to Eliminate Disparity

Representation for Internal Affairs Investigations

· Experience in Officer Involved Shooting and In-Custody Deaths · Enforce Proper Procedures for Internal Investigations
You support the Sellers board and at the same token support representation for Internal Affairs Investigations and the enforcing of proper procedures in PSB. You want to change PSB who is supporting Sellers? That makes GREAT sense!

02-22-2012, 01:30 PM

I believe in making as much money as you can, but seriously ? $130,000 in detail and over time, Damn. How are you gonna take care of me when you are all out the almighty dollar and yourself ? How much was your gross pay because i am a drop in the bucket to what you made Stevie

You guys that claim to support Cecil just prove to me that all your information comes from the crap you read on this site. Were none of you here when Cecil was still employed as a cop? How in the hell do you guys think he drives a Mercedes, has two homes and sends his kids to private school?

And as for "Secret details," yep, I'm with you on that one. Guess who started that? You guessed it, your boy Cecil. That's right, Cecil was in charge of details and did the same damn thing. Ever get a chance to work Caroline Woods? Nope, Langton's got that on lockdown. You dont like the fact that you cant get an equal shot at details? Bring it up to the union and see what they say. Fat chance he will do anything about it. He should thoough, after all that affects your pay and the money you bring home. So, if that goes on so much like you claim, why havent you or the union done anything about it?

02-22-2012, 02:54 PM
Vote for Cecil!!!

Under my skin? No sir. The only skin you could get under is a hippo! I'm just pointing out the obvious. You coming on this site to start problems and rumors and to support yourself.

02-22-2012, 03:07 PM

You guys that claim to support Cecil just prove to me that all your information comes from the crap you read on this site. Were none of you here when Cecil was still employed as a cop? How in the hell do you guys think he drives a Mercedes, has two homes and sends his kids to private school?

And as for "Secret details," yep, I'm with you on that one. Guess who started that? You guessed it, your boy Cecil. That's right, Cecil was in charge of details and did the same damn thing. Ever get a chance to work Caroline Woods? Nope, Langton's got that on lockdown. You dont like the fact that you cant get an equal shot at details? Bring it up to the union and see what they say. Fat chance he will do anything about it. He should thoough, after all that affects your pay and the money you bring home. So, if that goes on so much like you claim, why havent you or the union done anything about it?

you are good or an idiot-savant, why are you clouding up the clear water with mud ? an average person of average intelligence can see through your warp logic. again this election is about the preservation of our RIGHTS, PAY, a FAIR & DECENT WORKING ENVIRONMENT. There is no way this will be as close at the pay cut vote before. This is a clear cut choice between a man who has single handedly with his cronies ruin the fort myers police department and a man who has stood up for all of us. Facts are Facts

02-22-2012, 06:22 PM
Back in 2010 when we took our first paycut and everyone got along with Cecil, who were the supervisors most vocal about taking the paycut and accepting what the city wanted us to have? When it was suggested that if we did not accept the contract that we would be firing officers, I believe 40+, who do you think would be filling those empty road patrol positions? It would be the same supervisors I just mentioned. They would have to be reduced in rank at least one class and new Sgts would be officers again at officer pay. I know this is propaganda, but think about it. Why would we need so many supervisors if we lost so many officers?

Have a blessed day.

02-22-2012, 06:26 PM

Cecil is a smart guy, he took advantage of the situation cause the chief dangled these perks in front of him. That is a reason why we are not voting for Matt. We need to keep a PBA president who is not on the payroll!!

02-22-2012, 06:43 PM

i could never ever vote for some who last year made $130K in details and overtime. I made about $15K in posted details and OT. These last three years have been tough enough under the notorious dougie and your solution is to have the guy who comes after me have his brother in law defend my rights ?

02-22-2012, 08:44 PM
Hahaha, this thread is nothing but propoganda from the sly one and a few of his scared cronies making personal attacks and posting the same BS over and over again. Vote for CP. No way! He is sleeping with the enemy and would rather destroy this agency over a grudge match than protect our jobs. He supports the same people that file complaints against us everyday to benefit him and then vows to defend us from them. First with elected chief and now with LCSO takeover. I'm sure your buddy Scott will give you a job wearing green CP. Leave us out of your personal agenda so I can keep my job and retirement. There's a reason LCSO went with IUPA for their union and not CP. They saw that he was ineffective too! Time to prepare your strategy for the next losing political venture CP: city council, county commissioner, Sheriff, etc... Why don't you just stay retired with that historic, costly buyout you got you and your buddies, because we don't want your narcissism hurting us at FMPD anymore!

02-22-2012, 08:51 PM
Sorry but I am working now and tired of the BS from PSB and the Chief groupies. Who cares if cecil tried to better his life, at least he did it and hid behind others like our PSB group who hides behind no windows and a locked door.
If you or the PSb do force others to vote the Cheifs way, then we all loose. I can leave and go back into the FRS. The rest of you are the loosers.

02-22-2012, 09:39 PM

i voted for :

Cecil Pendergrass
Michael Perry
Vincent Doyle
Jimmy Hernandez
Chad Thornton

Mike i am glad to let you know my ballot is in the mail Sir :D
Cecil and Mike all the way baby

02-23-2012, 02:02 AM
I love reading cecil backers posts! Non spelling illiterate sheep... Shows how smart they are! Lol

02-23-2012, 05:33 AM
I love reading cecil backers posts! Non spelling illiterate sheep... Shows how smart they are! Lol

I won't even tell you how many grammatical errors you made in this one sentence, you dope! Yes, this backer's vote goes to Cecil. :D

02-23-2012, 05:40 AM
Re: PBA Helps US

Postby in the know » 02/21/12 23:09:24

Did you read Sellers' pitch for president? For a guy who's been here for a while my son in 5th grade could have made a better presentation and a far better closing. I can't believe his last two sentences were " I have spoken to Steve Tharaldsen, Ezra Padgham, and Kelly Witt who are running for Executive Board Members. I am confident that all of us will represent the members' best interest.

laughable! Hey Stevie how about some transparency, why did you leave station 2 ?

Thanks Matt i know who not to vote for!

02-23-2012, 08:12 AM
psb would have total control over sellers and that's exactly what they want. someone who wont interfere with their sloppy investigations

02-23-2012, 11:16 AM
It's great listening to the Cecil supporters on here. You guys make me laugh. How about this quote?

"It is without hesitation that I offer this letter of reference and support for Cecil Pendergrass. I have enjoyed a close, personal friendship with Cecil for more than thirty (30) years and a professional, working relationship for nearly as many.

As a valued friend, Cecil has always been loyal, reliable, and trustworthy. As a counterpart in law enforcement, he has always demonstrated a sincere concern for the community we serve.

Cecil recently retired from a long and distinguished career with the Fort Myers Police Department and has embarked on a campaign to become a County Commissioner. I am confident that he would do a fine job and I encourage others to support him as well."

~Mike Scott
Sheriff, Lee County, Florida

Cecil provided $7,000 of PBA money to the people that hate us the most and come in (in fact just the other day Anthony Thomas was back in to complain on Officers) to push forward his personal agenda of the elected chief position. Well the elected Chief position was shot down. Now the same people THE VERY SAME PEOPLE AND ORGANIZATION that Cecil was working with is now suddenly pushing for FMPD to be taken over by LCSO......Hmmmmmm......Cecil says he had 80 Officers approach him that wanted the elected chief position. When asked, "Which 80" you get the answer, "I can't tell you". Well then when posed with the question, "what about the other 105" you get a shrug of the shoulder. Then asked, "Did you consult with your board before moving forward" alas silence.

Cecil made $130K plus while he was sitting back in his lazy job before he left here and details where hidden from everyone, but a select few (their names were already typed in before they were posted in the Officers room).

You guys poke at Steve and the Chief's relationship! HA! They absolutely hate each other! If the people that ACTUALLY WORK HERE got to know the people the work with they would get to know their co-workers better. I don't have to drink the (kool aide) as people call it on here. Everything is in black and white. Our money is given to organizations that hate us to promote Cecil's agenda and then, OOOPPS!! It back fired and now look at what they are doing. The same organization and people that Cecil gave PBA money to are now the same ones that want to abolish FMPD and bring in LCSO.

Cecil brings people like Joe Martinez and Mark Edwards to our PBA meetings. Why is Joe up Cecil's ass right now? Because Joe is broke, because he messed up and now cannot get a job. He collects Social Security and is now looking for the City of Fort Myers to pay him a medical retirement, because of his shooting. He thinks that Joe, because he has a big mouth can bully people around! Nope! All everyone said at the meeting was, "What the hell is he doing here". Gee I wonder.....

Cecil is a cancer that must be removed from out department. The office of PBA president has always been held by an Officer! NOT A CIVILIAN!! Then you have Mike Perry. Mike has always hated Cecil for years. What happened? What was promised to Mike? A new job when the county takes over and Cecil is in charge of it if we keep Cecil in Office? What could have possibly been done or said that would suddenly turn him to the "Dark Side".

If you want to keep your job and keep FMPD around then vote for Sellers. Someone who is a no nonsense type of guy and won't lie to your face or beat around the bush when asked a direct question. I loved the shade of red that Cecil turned when Bobby K and Phil Y drilled into Cecil and demanded answers that he could not provide and actually walked away while being questioned!

It takes Officers to run this PBA, not civilians who have political agendas, cops that were fired for what they did, and defiantly not members of the community that hate us more than anything!

02-23-2012, 11:54 AM
Nice try chief, my ballot has been mailed. He won't work for you and that is all that matters! :lol:

02-23-2012, 01:18 PM
Post by in the know » 02/21/12 23:09:24

Did you read Sellers' pitch for president? for a guy who's been here for a while my son in 5th grade could have made a better presentation and a far better closing. I can't believe his last two sentences were " I have spoken to Steve Tharaldsen, Ezra Padgham, and Kelly Witt who are running for Executive Board Members. I am confident that all of us will represent the members' best interest.

laughable! Hey Stevie how about some transparency, why did you leave station 2 ? Whatever happened to your crazy relationship with Roland ? Weren't you still married ? Mr. Padgham a few Christmas parties ago you put your hand on your significant other in front of several people who work on the 3rd floor? They all protected you! That was DV !!! and Mr. Witt who just couldn't make it in SIG i am sure this will finally be your golden ticket to three stripes.

Thanks Matt i know who not to vote for!

Topshot1
02-23-2012, 03:35 PM
psb would have total control over sellers and that's exactly what they want. someone who wont interfere with their sloppy investigations

God forbid we get pba representation by someone who has actually been trained in and conducted serious investigations and can recognize mistakes by psb. How many of our guys have been fired under the detail sleeper's reign? Exactly.....

02-23-2012, 04:59 PM
So how much will Mathew get paid a month if he wins??

02-23-2012, 05:02 PM
If I remember right when I called and asked the question, Cecil was acting on the issue as a citizen. The PBA money was not from US. To bad it did not past. Baker would be gone for sure.

BAKER has to go! Do you think Sellers will do a vote of no confidence??

02-23-2012, 06:42 PM
Cecil is a cancer that must be removed from out department. The office of PBA president has always been held by an Officer! NOT A CIVILIAN!! Then you have Mike Perry. Mike has always hated Cecil for years. What happened? What was promised to Mike? A new job when the county takes over and Cecil is in charge of it if we keep Cecil in Office? What could have possibly been done or said that would suddenly turn him to the "Dark Side".

Cecil and Mike P. have always been friends they just disagreed at times on how the PBA was run, Mike wanted Attorneys from the PBA at Officer's pre-discipline hearings and to protect their rights, not staff reps from the PBA like Jerry Childers and Clyde Jordan. Cecil has done that.

Their biggest dissagreement was the Nava case where Mike felt that Nava's 112 rights were violated and the staff reps did not pickup on that. That particular case is when VM was the complainant and investigator, a clear case of abuse of the officer's rights.

If you want to know the truth call Cecil or Mike :idea:

02-23-2012, 07:07 PM
PSB wrong again, Mike is not running against Cecil Sellers is running against Cecil.
I did vote for Cecil but not for the others. We NEED someone from the outside to run the union so Baker cannot use the union to take our wages away.

02-23-2012, 07:11 PM
If I remember right when I called and asked the question, Cecil was acting on the issue as a citizen. The PBA money was not from US. To bad it did not past. Baker would be gone for sure.

BAKER has to go! Do you think Sellers will do a vote of no confidence??

Your right, Doug and his Captains need to go! They have ruined this place with all the stupid admins and complaints. And no, I'm not talking about Martinez, Edwards,Young and the others that got fired. I'm talking about the BS complaints by Anthony Thomas, Willie Green and the rest of that klan against good, hard working officers!

WE, myself included, need to get our heads out of our asses and unite. That will NOT happen under the leadership of Cecil. We are joke to the city council, the city manager, the public and ourselves. NEVER forget this, Cecil and Doug are retired with fat paychecks. No matter what happens to you and me, they won't feel a damn thing!

02-23-2012, 07:15 PM
Your right, Doug and his Captains need to go! They have ruined this place with all the stupid admins and complaints. And no, I'm not talking about Martinez, Edwards,Young and the others that got fired. I'm talking about the BS complaints by Anthony Thomas, Willie Green and the rest of that klan against good, hard working officers!

WE, myself included, need to get our heads out of our asses and unite. That will NOT happen under the leadership of Cecil. We are joke to the city council, the city manager, the public and ourselves. NEVER forget this, Cecil and Doug are retired with fat paychecks. No matter what happens to you and me, they won't feel a damn thing!Goodbye Doug

Matt Sellers as PBA President on his best day would never stand up to BAKER they also serve on the pension board together...hmmmmm just saying :snicker:

02-23-2012, 11:03 PM
What's with the huge issue of Martinez and Edwards being there? After termination you can continue being a dues paying member. Which gives them the right to be there. They're no different than all the supervisors that have all that free time on their hands to send those emails.

As far as this huge ***** and moan of recorded meetings, I agree. Let's record the meetings. But let's record every meeting and everything we do. Let's have video and audio on the entire day in patrol cars. Let's record every conversation on the nextels that are work related. Let's record the elevators, the supervisor meetings and everything else we do! Let's record briefing. It's not like recordings are sometimes bad when dealing with tactics and strategy. You know, tell the opponent the play you're going to run, no way they will defend against it.

Bottom line, Chief works for city manager. End of story. Does not mean he's a bad guy, means he has a job to do. A recorded meeting, that he would have a right to listen to, as a paying member could end up in the city managers hand. End of story. That's it. No conspiracy theory. Just realistic scenario. ELEMENT OF SURPRISE.

And last, if you're a junior guy. Especially with military. What's wrong with you? Respect seniority. Doesn't mean agree with them, but don't bash them. Martinez was a great street cop. Never afraid to do the job. Old school guy. With him, you never worried about getting snitched on. He'd coach you through the statements and what happened to make sure you had your job the next day.

You felt out of shape, needed help in the gym. Martinez would be your guy. The guy got fired. Could happen to any of us. Don't throw stones when you live in a glass house.

Mike Perry? Name once anyone called Mike about anything that he wouldn't drop all he was doing to help? Name once mike said one thing to your face and another behind your back? Name once Mike complained about another officer? Please tell me when Mike has screwed anyone to move ahead? Guy has been here over 10 years. Works night shift. Works details. Goes home. Mike doesnt get in trouble. Yet he really cares about other guys that do get in trouble. He's a principle based guy, his principle, cops are heroes, cops work hard, they deserve to be treated fairly, and paid well.

02-24-2012, 12:39 AM
What's with the huge issue of Martinez and Edwards being there? After termination you can continue being a dues paying member. Which gives them the right to be there. They're no different than all the supervisors that have all that free time on their hands to send those emails.

As far as this huge ***** and moan of recorded meetings, I agree. Let's record the meetings. But let's record every meeting and everything we do. Let's have video and audio on the entire day in patrol cars. Let's record every conversation on the nextels that are work related. Let's record the elevators, the supervisor meetings and everything else we do! Let's record briefing. It's not like recordings are sometimes bad when dealing with tactics and strategy. You know, tell the opponent the play you're going to run, no way they will defend against it.

Bottom line, Chief works for city manager. End of story. Does not mean he's a bad guy, means he has a job to do. A recorded meeting, that he would have a right to listen to, as a paying member could end up in the city managers hand. End of story. That's it. No conspiracy theory. Just realistic scenario. ELEMENT OF SURPRISE.

And last, if you're a junior guy. Especially with military. What's wrong with you? Respect seniority. Doesn't mean agree with them, but don't bash them. Martinez was a great street cop. Never afraid to do the job. Old school guy. With him, you never worried about getting snitched on. He'd coach you through the statements and what happened to make sure you had your job the next day.

You felt out of shape, needed help in the gym. Martinez would be your guy. The guy got fired. Could happen to any of us. Don't throw stones when you live in a glass house.

Mike Perry? Name once anyone called Mike about anything that he wouldn't drop all he was doing to help? Name once mike said one thing to your face and another behind your back? Name once Mike complained about another officer? Please tell me when Mike has screwed anyone to move ahead? Guy has been here over 10 years. Works night shift. Works details. Goes home. Mike doesnt get in trouble. Yet he really cares about other guys that do get in trouble. He's a principle based guy, his principle, cops are heroes, cops work hard, they deserve to be treated fairly, and paid well.

This post makes wayyy too much sense.

02-24-2012, 01:23 AM
I have been a cop for twenty years and you know it's always the lazy pieces of crap that Talk shit about how much money in OT and details some other guy is making. These are the same primadonas that hold calls and will only settle for the choice details. Maybe if you busted your asses you could make some extra cash, bunch of pansies.

02-24-2012, 01:52 AM
I have been a cop for twenty years and you know it's always the lazy pieces of crap that Talk shit about how much money in OT and details some other guy is making. These are the same primadonas that hold calls and will only settle for the choice details. Maybe if you busted your asses you could make some extra cash, bunch of pansies.

lol nice one Stevie. i still wanna know why you left station 2 ? huge secret right brother in law.

02-24-2012, 03:43 AM
I'll pass on that roast beef, I would probably throw up if i saw it.

02-24-2012, 03:51 AM

Don't care who wrote it, but it those makes alot of since!!!

02-24-2012, 10:29 PM
Hahaha, this thread is nothing but propoganda from the sly one and a few of his scared cronies making personal attacks and posting the same BS over and over again. Vote for CP. No way! He is sleeping with the enemy and would rather destroy this agency over a grudge match than protect our jobs. He supports the same people that file complaints against us everyday to benefit him and then vows to defend us from them. First with elected chief and now with LCSO takeover. I'm sure your buddy Scott will give you a job wearing green CP. Leave us out of your personal agenda so I can keep my job and retirement. There's a reason LCSO went with IUPA for their union and not CP. They saw that he was ineffective too! Time to prepare your strategy for the next losing political venture CP: city council, county commissioner, Sheriff, etc... Why don't you just stay retired with that historic, costly buyout you got you and your buddies, because we don't want your narcissism hurting us at FMPD anymore!

Remember " Crack is WHACK"- Stop smoking it. Do you really think that Sellers will have the BALLZ to stick up to the ADMINISTRATION. Hell no, and I really like the guy. But I didnt vote for him. Do you really think that he is going to have time to do anything, especially if he depends on details. We need an out of the "house" guy. I dont care who, just as long as they have strings that cant be pulled

02-26-2012, 02:26 AM
Sellers will only take care of hisself. The rest of us will lose or wages and rights under Baker and Sellers.

02-28-2012, 02:06 AM
Bottom line, Chief works for city manager. End of story.

Doesn't the city manager work for the city council? It seems like they make all the big decisions and have all the real power.

02-28-2012, 05:45 AM
Bottom line, Chief works for city manager. End of story.

Doesn't the city manager work for the city council? It seems like they make all the big decisions and have all the real power.
Not exactly, it's called CORRUPTION! :lol:

03-02-2012, 04:35 AM
The voting is over and the I hope the PBA wins. Then the rest of the Bakers boys and girls can go around and fight between their selfs.

A vote for Sellers is a vote for Baker.

03-05-2012, 03:20 PM
Congrats Kerr and welcome back. GOOD JOB CECIL!!!!

03-05-2012, 03:37 PM
Here's a novel idea.......stop posting on this site and falling for every "bait" comment that is cast into the gossip cess pond. The extra time saved can be used for....let's see....maybe something like.......POLICE WORK!

03-05-2012, 03:41 PM
It's not gossip baby read your email. :D

03-05-2012, 06:07 PM

If you would educate yourself before your post you would know that Kerr was not a member of the PBA, was not represented by the PBA, and his return had nothing to do with Cecil.

How about you smoke that instead of blowing smoke... :evil:

03-05-2012, 08:09 PM
Maybe Martinez needs to hire that attorney.

03-05-2012, 08:27 PM

Go read his 500+ page IA... please educate yourself before you open your mouth

03-05-2012, 11:06 PM

I am pretty sure there is nothing in that 500+ page IA about him seeking another attorney. I am also pretty sure PSB screwed something up in that 500+ page IA. :snicker:

03-06-2012, 02:03 AM

I am pretty sure there is nothing in that 500+ page IA about him seeking another attorney. I am also pretty sure PSB screwed something up in that 500+ page IA. :snicker:

Look at the lee county clerk of court's website and you can see they had the same Defense Attorney. In fact Martinez went to court already this year to get out of his probation.(Denied) Here is the difference, his past, arrested for 1 count felony DV, 2 counts misdemeanor DV, 1 count Contempt of Court.

A lawyer won't help, maybe a time machine could. Marty, get the Delorean ready for Joe, Destination 09-23-10>>>>>>>>Back to the future<<<<<<<<

03-06-2012, 02:18 AM

Look at the lee county clerk of court's website and you can see they had the same Defense Attorney. In fact Martinez went to court already this year to get out of his probation.(Denied) Here is the difference, his past, arrested for 1 count felony DV, 2 counts misdemeanor DV, 1 count Contempt of Court.

A lawyer won't help, maybe a time machine could. Marty, get the Delorean ready for Joe, Destination 09-23-10>>>>>>>>Back to the future<<<<<<<<

Why are you so filled with hate? It is very sad.

03-06-2012, 02:38 AM
Time machine ??? that is some funny sh!t

03-06-2012, 10:56 AM

If you would educate yourself before your post you would know that Kerr was not a member of the PBA, was not represented by the PBA, and his return had nothing to do with Cecil.

How about you smoke that instead of blowing smoke... :evil:

Since you have no idea what your talking about, ask Kerr when he gets back if Cecil helped him at all. I think you'll be surprised with the answer Kool-Aide Boy....Get a life

03-06-2012, 11:15 AM
If Cecil helped O'neil out as a friend and not as the PBA President then I applaud him, if that's true then Cecil is added to the list of a few others that helped out just because it was the right thing to do. But I am sure Cecil's contribution was advising O'neil to to bash Baker and bring things up that have been brought up again and again from the past that mean nothing. That's Cecil's tactic, use all of us against one another. The city has already said they were planning to relieve some of the paycut in the next contract, thats a positive; we dont need Cecil or his fat attorney coming in making false statements and mudslinging screwing things up before it even gets started. I beleive it's time to be positive and use what power we have to focus in a positive direction with a unified message. Just my opinion, obviousely everyone act and do what they feel appropriate, but at some point we will have to start using some common sense.

03-06-2012, 11:17 AM
Time machine ??? that is some funny sh!t
Hey reject aka: koolaid drinker, it's pretty funny to laugh at your own jokes. Chief better take some prozac now cause more interesting things will follow. Stay tune boys and girls! :lol:

03-06-2012, 11:30 AM
If Cecil helped O'neil out as a friend and not as the PBA President then I applaud him, if that's true then Cecil is added to the list of a few others that helped out just because it was the right thing to do. But I am sure Cecil's contribution was advising O'neil to to bash Baker and bring things up that have been brought up again and again from the past that mean nothing. That's Cecil's tactic, use all of us against one another. The city has already said they were planning to relieve some of the paycut in the next contract, thats a positive; we dont need Cecil or his fat attorney coming in making false statements and mudslinging screwing things up before it even gets started. I beleive it's time to be positive and use what power we have to focus in a positive direction with a unified message. Just my opinion, obviousely everyone act and do what they feel appropriate, but at some point we will have to start using some common sense.
Hey do-boy you obviously don't have any common sense especially if you voted for Sellers. If you enjoyed having the chief control the union then that is your choice. I much rather have the chief keep his a&& out of our union. Cecil helpes Kerr in some form and for that I say "GOOD JOB CECIL!! :D