PDA

View Full Version : hiring?

01-16-2012, 10:00 PM
when is miami gardens pd hiring again??

01-17-2012, 07:33 PM
Think very carefully you may not want to make the same mistake many of us did...If you ask most of the guys, they would take the same pay to stay where they came from...MGPD is not worth the money, its a shame because there are a lot of good people there!

01-18-2012, 12:07 PM
Think very carefully you may not want to make the same mistake many of us did...If you ask most of the guys, they would take the same pay to stay where they came from...MGPD is not worth the money, its a shame because there are a lot of good people there!

Speak for yourself, I work here and love it. With so many people losing their jobs; how can anybody complain. We should be hiring again soon, I don't know when; just keep checking the City web every week.

01-18-2012, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the input. It seem everone has a different view on the department. Some say its great other that it sucks.
I have been trying to get on board for sometime now but cant seem to get it to work out. I was raised in Miami Gardens most of my life but moved out of state 6 years ago. I have been working in LE ever since and I dislike my department. So I guess I can relate to the negative folks.
If yall would share more insight on the department I would be very thankful.

01-19-2012, 10:21 AM

Speak for yourself, I work here and love it. With so many people losing their jobs; how can anybody complain. We should be hiring again soon, I don't know when; just keep checking the City web every week.

You are absolutely right. Look right now the way things are with the economy it doesnt matter where you work. If becoming a cop is all you want then what does it matter which department you work for. Just remember there will always be pros and cons everywhere and you will always have hard workers and lazy workers, thats just life for you. Keep up your homework on finding work whether its here or there. Its not that bad here but thats my opinion. All you have to do is work, go home safe everynight, and make a paycheck. One more note, I would rather be here with B.S., good cops/bad cops, etc. everyday and still have my job, than to recieve a pink slip and have to look into the eyes of my wife and kids and try to tell them everything will be ok.

Good Luck to you and hopefully you get hired with us, we can use more people, and it wouldnt hurt.

01-19-2012, 03:43 PM
[quote=truth2]Think very carefully you may not want to make the same mistake many of us did...If you ask most of the guys, they would take the same pay to stay where they came from...MGPD is not worth the money, its a shame because there are a lot of good people there!

You are absolutely right. Look right now the way things are with the economy it doesnt matter where you work. If becoming a cop is all you want then what does it matter which department you work for. Just remember there will always be pros and cons everywhere and you will always have hard workers and lazy workers, thats just life for you. Keep up your homework on finding work whether its here or there. Its not that bad here but thats my opinion. All you have to do is work, go home safe everynight, and make a paycheck. One more note, I would rather be here with B.S., good cops/bad cops, etc. everyday and still have my job, than to recieve a pink slip and have to look into the eyes of my wife and kids and try to tell them everything will be ok.

Good Luck to you and hopefully you get hired with us, we can use more people, and it wouldnt hurt.[/quote:3k8mhxsw]

This is very true. Everywhere you work there will be good and bad. I do believe that its up to everyone of us to make a difference. Its your choice. You could just complain, complain, and complain, then go along with the BS. Or, you could come up with a solution to the problem. Me, I like to find solutions. The worst that could happen is the brass says no. But if you just complain you become part of the problem.

01-21-2012, 07:56 PM

Well, speak for yourself (maybe you came from out of town), but many of us that came from neighboring agencies knew what we were getting into... And of course most people would take the same money to stay where they came from. Most of us (I'm willing to bet about 90+ came here for the money-I know I did). The money is good, however we haven't received a pay raised/step plan/merit pay/cola going on 2 years due to the "bad economy" so there's something to think about.
In the next year or 2 there's going to be a lot of changes here due to a new city mayor, peopel retiring etc. so we'll see how things will be then. Until then we will sit and wait...
Good luck.

01-25-2012, 06:16 AM
Are you guys hiring certified? Any info would. Thank you

01-25-2012, 06:17 AM
HELP***^

01-28-2012, 11:49 PM

Just keep checking, i heard we will be hiring again very soon. Maybe within the next month. That's what I heard.

01-28-2012, 11:53 PM

Just keep checking, i heard we will be hiring again very soon. Maybe within the next month. That's what I heard.

01-29-2012, 09:26 PM
as soon as the city starts hiring can some one put a post here please and let us know. thanks

02-08-2012, 03:35 AM
as soon as the city starts hiring can some one put a post here please and let us know. thanks

Ya want me to fill out an application for you while I am at it? Check the website the rest is up to you, only the motivated need apply.

02-08-2012, 09:01 PM
Keep checking the website for the openings, people are quiting all the time. We just had another cop give two weeks notice, i guess we are doing something right over there for this high of a turnover.

02-10-2012, 02:26 PM
[quote="let me know":1cuhds2e]as soon as the city starts hiring can some one put a post here please and let us know. thanks

Ya want me to fill out an application for you while I am at it? Check the website the rest is up to you, only the motivated need apply.[/quote:1cuhds2e]

You dont have to be a smart ass about it. Jerk!!!!!! :evil:

02-10-2012, 02:29 PM
Keep checking the website for the openings, people are quiting all the time. We just had another cop give two weeks notice, i guess we are doing something right over there for this high of a turnover.

Cant be more jacked up than where im at now.

02-10-2012, 08:03 PM
Here's another spot open, we had another cop given 2 weeks. You may think its not bad where your at but think carefully and make sure you dont want to do police work because here its all an illusion with how many tickets and illigeal field interivews you can bring in. If your okay with that then make the jump and good luck, I guess there is always room for more warm bodies.

02-10-2012, 08:07 PM
[quote="Human Resources":nxd65q4t][quote="let me know":nxd65q4t]as soon as the city starts hiring can some one put a post here please and let us know. thanks

Ya want me to fill out an application for you while I am at it? Check the website the rest is up to you, only the motivated need apply.[/quote:nxd65q4t]

You dont have to be a smart ass about it. Jerk!!!!!! :evil:[/quote:nxd65q4t]

Dont be upset thats just the typical disgruntled cop over there, its not there fault very poor leadership!

02-10-2012, 10:10 PM
Just wondering what is the problem. I hear alot of negative comments about Miami Gardens. I thought it was jam up department when it opened

02-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Just wondering what is the problem. I hear alot of negative comments about Miami Gardens. I thought it was jam up department when it opened

Like you said it was when it opened!

02-11-2012, 11:20 PM
Where do we start?? Um..haven't gotten a pay raise in 3 years, 40 furlough hours, no COLA, cops written up for things that should be a slap on the wrist, and others..who actually should be FIRED for what they do..get to keep their jobs. Lets talk about how detectives are selected cause they were summons whores and not actually qualified...the list goes on and on!! And for you TROLLS reading this..it doesn't matter if I'm disgruntled or not..i'm stating FACTS...

02-12-2012, 04:12 PM
Where do we start?? Um..haven't gotten a pay raise in 3 years, 40 furlough hours, no COLA, cops written up for things that should be a slap on the wrist, and others..who actually should be FIRED for what they do..get to keep their jobs. Lets talk about how detectives are selected cause they were summons whores and not actually qualified...the list goes on and on!! And for you TROLLS reading this..it doesn't matter if I'm disgruntled or not..i'm stating FACTS...

Sounds jacked up. Although I'm not sure what a COLA is. Has anyone addressed all these issues with the chain of command.

02-12-2012, 11:26 PM

Sounds jacked up. Although I'm not sure what a COLA is. Has anyone addressed all these issues with the chain of command.

What do you think..lmao...do you think that they care? Their careers are over and they're filling their pockets.. COLA=Cost Of Living Allowance

02-13-2012, 12:26 AM
IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT HERE THEN GET THE F@#K OUT!!! SERIOUSLY QUIT ALL OF YOUR *****ING. THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF CERTIFIED PEOPLE IN SOUTH FLORIDA WHO HAVE BEEN LAID OFF, GET LESS PAY, AND WHO NEED THE JOB AND ONLY WANT A PAYCHECK. YOU GOT A PAYCHECK AND THATS ALL THAT COUNTS, LOOK AT HOW BAD THINGS ARE IN THE CITY AND COUNTY. SO IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT HERE YOU CAN A: QUIT AND GO BACK TO THE DEPARTMENT FROM WHICH YOU CAME B: QUIT AND GET ANOTHER JOB OR ENTER RETIREMENT OR C: KEEP YOUR UNGRATEFUL MOUTH SHUT AND STOP KILLING MORALE. THE GRASS ISNT ALWAYS AS GREEN ON THE OTHER SIDE

OH AND BY THE WAY ALL THIS SHIT ABOUT NO PAY RAISE . . . JUST REMEMBER WE HAVENT RECIEVED A PAY-CUT EITHER, JUST THROWING THAT OUT THERE.

02-13-2012, 04:37 AM
IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT HERE THEN GET THE F@#K OUT!!! SERIOUSLY QUIT ALL OF YOUR *****ING. THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF CERTIFIED PEOPLE IN SOUTH FLORIDA WHO HAVE BEEN LAID OFF, GET LESS PAY, AND WHO NEED THE JOB AND ONLY WANT A PAYCHECK. YOU GOT A PAYCHECK AND THATS ALL THAT COUNTS, LOOK AT HOW BAD THINGS ARE IN THE CITY AND COUNTY. SO IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT HERE YOU CAN A: QUIT AND GO BACK TO THE DEPARTMENT FROM WHICH YOU CAME B: QUIT AND GET ANOTHER JOB OR ENTER RETIREMENT OR C: KEEP YOUR UNGRATEFUL MOUTH SHUT AND STOP KILLING MORALE. THE GRASS ISNT ALWAYS AS GREEN ON THE OTHER SIDE

OH AND BY THE WAY ALL THIS SHIT ABOUT NO PAY RAISE . . . JUST REMEMBER WE HAVENT RECIEVED A PAY-CUT EITHER, JUST THROWING THAT OUT THERE.

I love how mad you're getting that we're "ungrateful"..that's the problem..cops like you that are doing it simply for a paycheck...this ain't TGI Fridays..there are still cops that want to be actual cops and not robots violating people's civil rights. Oh, we haven't received a pay cut? What the hell do you call furlough hours...you're probably one of these functional retards that plague this department that couldn't find the clap in a Mexican whore house...so you keep your mouth shut..TROLL...

02-13-2012, 07:55 PM
Sounds like you guys have it all figured out...sure glad i didnt move my family halfway across the country for that shit! Things arent always greener but do make sense from the otherside. I have heard that you guys have no unity I guess I can see why when you have no real leaders. What a shame sounds like it could have really been something..best of luck

02-14-2012, 12:13 AM
HOW ABOUT WE COME TOGETHER AND FIND A SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEMS. THERE IS NOTHING THAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT THE MONEY ISSUE. BUT EVERYTHING ELSE HAS A SOLUTION. HOWEVER, THE HIGHER UPS HAVE TO AGREE TO IT AND MOST OF THE TIME THATS WERE THE PROBLEM IS. IF THE SOLUTIONS ARE NOT PUT TO WORK THEN NO MATTER HOW MANY YOU CAN COME UP WITH IT WILL NEVER GET FIXED.

02-15-2012, 05:01 AM
Honestly this is the same broken record everyone has. Look at all the department forums.

02-15-2012, 02:44 PM
Honestly this is the same broken record everyone has. Look at all the department forums.

I guess I can agree with that.

02-15-2012, 04:32 PM

Well, one thing I'm hoping for is that things will change once the "upper brass" goes away sometime between now and December 2012. Whether they will change for the better or worse, it's yet to be seen. With new people in new possitions always comes change. This summer residents will be electing a new Mayor and city council. After that it's all down hill. City manager will most likely leave (most likely), chief will retired by Dec '12 (not that we see him anyhow so it doesn't matter either way), D.C. will definitely leave (he's in charge now because the chief is always gone), and the 3 Maj's will most likely retired (although we can never be sure about Chappy)...So, there will be a lot of room for upward mobility.
I'd like to see E.M. and R.S. get promoted to Maj, A.L to Maj or Dep Chief, and M.G. to Maj. and bring a Chief from the outside. A.B. is too inmature/young to be a Dep Chief.
Get rid of some of those "do-nothing-but-collect-a-second-paycheck Sergeants and promote some young blood.
This is only my opinion, from a patrol officer's point of view...

02-16-2012, 07:19 PM

Well, one thing I'm hoping for is that things will change once the "upper brass" goes away sometime between now and December 2012. Whether they will change for the better or worse, it's yet to be seen. With new people in new possitions always comes change. This summer residents will be electing a new Mayor and city council. After that it's all down hill. City manager will most likely leave (most likely), chief will retired by Dec '12 (not that we see him anyhow so it doesn't matter either way), D.C. will definitely leave (he's in charge now because the chief is always gone), and the 3 Maj's will most likely retired (although we can never be sure about Chappy)...So, there will be a lot of room for upward mobility.
I'd like to see E.M. and R.S. get promoted to Maj, A.L to Maj or Dep Chief, and M.G. to Maj. and bring a Chief from the outside. A.B. is too inmature/young to be a Dep Chief.
Get rid of some of those "do-nothing-but-collect-a-second-paycheck Sergeants and promote some young blood.

Sounds good to me cuz

02-17-2012, 12:04 AM
[quote="Broken Record":2byyyifr]Honestly this is the same broken record everyone has. Look at all the department forums.

Sounds good to me cuz[/quote:2byyyifr]

Ok, that sounds fair. But just like you said, we'll see what the "city elections" bring...