PDA

View Full Version : Training Supervisor Gets Caught Photographing Promotional Ex

01-06-2012, 08:44 AM
Fox4News FORT MYERS - He's taken a vow to serve with honor but a Fort Myers police Sergeant caught photographing an exam seems to be getting away with it. Now some of his fellow officers want to know why! Four in your Corner investigator Mike Mason finding out why this Sergeant is still on the job and in charge of training other officers!

We have the internal affairs investigation tonight and fellow officers are outraged.The sergeant who trains them and serves as their role model is caught taking a picture of exam materials but some say he only got a slap on the wrist.

Police officers are held to a higher standard. So when word got out that Fort Myers police Sergeant Roger Valdivia photographed his Lieutenant's exam against policy, many officers were outraged. Investigators found when the test was given out last September, Valdivia brought in his iPhone during the process where candidates can contest the grading of the exam and snapped pictures of the testing materials, which violates the department and testing policy.

While Valdivia's actions did not affect his score on that test, some fellow officers were concerned he could have had an unfair advantage on subsequent tests. However, the department says that is not the case because the test is changed each time.

When questioned, Valdivia told investigators quote: "It's a smart phone, I use it for everything. Uh, obviously I wasn't smart enough to make a good decision, so I apologize."

Four in your Corner investigator Mike Mason spoke with the Director of the police training academy, Tim Day. Mike asked, "Why is integrity so important when you're a police officer?”
Day replied, “I just think the public wants to be able to trust their law enforcement people."

One of Tim Day’s duties at the training academy includes testing potential police recruits.

"Well certainly that would be a problem. I judge things by what we do here at the academy, that would be removal from the academy on the examination," said Day.

Valdivia works at the police training center five days a week training existing Fort Myers police officers and now some of them feel he is not setting a very good example. Day wouldn't comment specifically about this case but officers we spoke with say Valdivia should have been fired. At the very least he shouldn’t be allowed to continue training officers.

We wanted to speak with Chief Doug Baker but instead he released a statement saying in part, "We will not be participating in interviews to avoid any further embarrassment to the employee involved."

Valdivia says he deleted the photos of the exam. He received written counseling and will not be considered for a promotion to Lieutenant this year or next.

01-06-2012, 02:31 PM
How can it be cheating AFTER the test was taken and completed?

01-06-2012, 05:53 PM
How can it be cheating AFTER the test was taken and completed?

OK Roger, I guess it is fine then. Everybody takes pictures of tests right?

01-06-2012, 07:46 PM
How could he cheat after the test was completed? So fox4 and all you others can spin it anyway you want. You can't and won't bring down the good officers all you people love to bash... And when you take low blows at people's families, especially their sick kids, you are just as low as the scum on the streets.

01-06-2012, 09:06 PM
I have taken a few promotional exams at FMPD in the past and alot of the questions are the same year after year and of corse he knew that. He is not able to be promoted to LT because he does not have the college needed so he was getting ready for next year. That my friends is cheating and unethical and he showed be fired. Someone who is not up the chiefs A$# would have been and a media blist would of happened.

01-06-2012, 10:22 PM
How could he cheat after the test was completed? So fox4 and all you others can spin it anyway you want. You can't and won't bring down the good officers all you people love to bash... And when you take low blows at people's families, especially their sick kids, you are just as low as the scum on the streets.

Okay Roger, I see your reading skills are obviously just as poor as your decision making skills!

Not only did you cheat on the test but you also violated the Fort Myers Police Department’s Departmental Policy pertaining to Promotional Examinations Section 1 Testing Process, © Testing Procedure for Sworn Personnel:

Candidates may, upon request, receive information concerning the dimensions, rating, and recommendations of the center. Any challenges to the written test items will be handled in a review session the day after the written test administration.

All candidates will have the opportunity to attend the session to review a copy of their answer sheet and the test booklet, and a copy of the ANSWER KEY.

Candidates will be allowed to bring their study materials to review sessions, BUT MAY NOT TAKE NOTES, COPY EXAM MATERIALS, OR REMOVE ANY-EXAM RELATED INFORMATION FROM THE REVIEW SESSION!!!!!!!!!!!!! Which you did!!

Not only did you cheat, you lied, and you were allowed to take an examination that you weren’t even eligible to take in the first place according to F.M.P.D. policy, rules, and regulations.

So in all reality, yeah you’re really not completely at fault for your stupidity.. The Chief of Police is also to blame for allowing you to take the examination, and the proctors (Capt Vehicle & Mussolini) are also at fault for allowing you to cheat and conducting such a piss poor internal affairs investigation.

01-07-2012, 12:21 AM
Oh and your all perfect. What a joke!! I know for damn sure you whining pu$zy's can't do half the job of these good officers you complain about. ***** on lil *****es cause that's what you seem to be best at.

01-07-2012, 01:37 AM
Oh and your all perfect. What a joke!! I know for damn sure you whining *****'s can't do half the job of these good officers you complain about. ***** on lil *****es cause that's what you seem to be best at.

Becky or Swifty, its all good when good patrol officers jobs are flushed down the toilet, but god forbid one of you is held up to the "sniff" test. I hope you all get the best god has to reward you with.

01-07-2012, 06:42 PM
With the exception of one, it appears to me that all of the good cops you are referring to hung themselves. And with the exception of no more than one of them would be considered good cops, not even close.

01-28-2012, 02:15 AM
NICE limo today Rog....you and the chief going out for a night on the town?

01-28-2012, 01:09 PM
Roger, why do you keep deleting my post? I was just hoping that you were having a good time in your big white limo yesterday.

01-30-2012, 05:27 PM
Roger you have missed with the wrong people"" Now we will tell them every thing you have done"

01-30-2012, 06:28 PM
Cheater cheater pumkin eater! :lol:

01-31-2012, 12:26 AM
NICE limo today Rog....you and the chief going out for a night on the town?
haha valdivia was just getting him off for getting him off :devil: