PDA

View Full Version : Whos looking for the hammer offender? Not Fat nor Gangs

12-20-2011, 09:59 PM
Authorities are looking for a man who used a sledgehammer to attack the owner of a Little Havana convenience store. After knocking him unconscious, he took off with two cartons of Marlboro Reds.Yue Kui Cen, 44, remained in critical condition at Jackson Memorial Hospital on Monday evening. Detectives from Miami’s homicide unit are investigating alongside robbery detectives because of the severity of Cen’s injuries.About 12:15 p.m. Sunday, the man entered Alex’s Mini Market, at 501 NW 12th Ave., just blocks from the new Marlins stadium. He grabbed two gallons of milk and approached the register, where Cen stood. Nobody else was inside at the time.A store security camera captured what happened next.As Cen rang up the purchase, the man pulled out a spray bottle from his pocket. He sprayed an unknown chemical in Cen’s face. As Cen rubbed his eyes, the man walked around the front counter an removed a sledgehammer from his pocket.Then he hit Cen six times over the head.Afterward, the man stole two $12 cartons of cigarettes before walking out and riding away on a mountain bike.On Monday, the victim’s wife, Phuong Thuy Ly Cen, said the man isn’t a regular customer. The Chinese couple moved to Miami about 22 years ago and opened the Little Havana store about six years ago. They have an 11-year-old daughter and 7-year-old son.Phuong Thuy Ly Cen said she couldn’t sleep Sunday night.“This guy is crazy. He’s crazy. And he’s out there,” she said during a news conference at police headquarters. Then she directed a message to her husband’s assailant: “The police will look for you and the people will help me look for you.”Police have yet to identify the man, although they believe he lives or works in the neighborhood. Homicide detective Fernando Bosch said the man seemed to have planed the attack before walking into the store.“This individual knew what he wanted. He knew what he was doing,” Bosch said. “He had the chance to try to open the register; he didn’t do that.”Bosch echoed Phuong’s plea for help from the community.“When you see a person like this victim, a family man, it makes you want to split yourself into pieces to find this guy,” he said. “This individual has to get off the streets.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/12/19/2 ... rylink=cpy (http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/12/19/2553769/miami-police-on-lookout-for-sledgehammer.html#storylink=cpy)

12-21-2011, 01:21 AM
I drove by nw 5 street and 12 ave today and i did not see a single mark or undercover unit. The only thing i saw was alot of media. So my question to you is where are the pst, tru, gangs, csu, and fat units ( Christmas shopping ). Chief how do you plan to get this offender?

12-21-2011, 01:32 AM
I drove by nw 5 street and 12 ave today and i did not see a single mark or undercover unit. The only thing i saw was alot of media. So my question to you is where are the pst, tru, gangs, csu, and fat units ( Christmas shopping ). Chief how do you plan to get this offender?

After the investiture ceremony, I heard Orosa and Luisito were personally hitting the streets, on bikes, à la Timoney, in a frenetic search for this desperado!

12-21-2011, 01:48 AM

He's banking on the Herald to stop writing about it. Once that happens all will be well.

12-21-2011, 03:52 AM
Undercovers were out there, and if you would've seen an undercover out there, then they wouldn't have been doing such a good job being undercover, now wouldn't they? So please stop talking nonsense. Plus maritza was all over that erea.

12-21-2011, 05:16 AM
Lets see, Orosa made his political points by dramatically scaling back on TOS and the undercover tactical units as well as taking detectives from upstairs to "beef up" patrol. His words were, "the city would be safer with more uniform presence". The politicians bought that line of crap because it was a simple and easy way of viewing things.
If Mr. Cen ever wakes up again after being brutally bludgeoned with a hammer in the middle of the day be sure to ask him if he feels safer with the new configuration that Orosa put together with the assistance of the manager and the union.
Hopefully uniform patrol can find this offender as Orosa has both alienated and decimated the once fictionally effective TOS. Maybe another operation difference can do the trick.

12-22-2011, 02:05 PM
Undercovers were out there, and if you would've seen an undercover out there, then they wouldn't have been doing such a good job being undercover, now wouldn't they? So please stop talking nonsense. Plus maritza was all over that erea.

yeah her fat butt was shoppingdoing her nails and planning to get hammered at some bar instead of doing her job. way to go