PDA

View Full Version : Detail Pay, and Props to the Union Guys

12-07-2011, 02:37 PM
What is with the new detail pay? The Sheriff is now charging people $45.00 up from $27.00 an hour for details, however still paying the deputies 23.22 and hour. That is an increase of $18.00 he is making on our backs. With the economy in the tank, now was not the time to increase it that much of a jump. Look at how many details we lost. Where or what is he doing with the extra money? He isn't putting it into our pensions so what's the deal?

First he takes the 3% and turns it back to the county and then has the balls to lie to us about it, then this!!!!!! (There was a check written and people have a copy of it :shock: ) There is more than enough money in the budget for pay raises (a decent one at that) but he would have to get rid of 1/2 of his FOB's from Lee County and that we know won't happen. So I must ask, when will the bleeding end? :evil:

Oh at to the union guys, keep up the good work and going to impass. He is scared and having members of his command staff call their friends (rats) on the road and spread false rumors and lies to get the members to pass the contract. Typical scare tactic on this administration.

I understand that he is announcing after the 1st of the year and does not want to deal with this problem during election time. He has always said his supports his deputies but the truth be known he does not and has not (just his FOB's from Lee County)`. All he has done is spin and lie to us and expects us to keep eating the crap on the plate and tells us it is steak.

12-07-2011, 05:20 PM
I know the administration looks at the posts here and have meetings about them......lol It is not nice that they make 6 digits and have meetings about what is said on LEO Affairs (Can you say damage control or spin city)...Yet nothing is being done to help us with our pay. Another waste of money.

Yet we will and have gotten emails about how tough it is and the budget this and the budget that, (Funny how they use all the surplus money at the end of the budget year to buy stuff we do not need or gave a lot back to the county as a sign of good will....That is a whole other topic in itself) yet they make more money than ever and do not understand how bad our deputies are off due to their own high salaries and not having to worry about where the money is coming from to pay their bills. (How about padding retirements also for certain Lee County Friends)There are several deputies that are loosing their homes due to lack of pay and now details too boot.

Remember voters ABC PLEASE

12-07-2011, 07:05 PM
What is with the new detail pay? The Sheriff is now charging people $45.00 up from $27.00 an hour for details, however still paying the deputies 23.22 and hour. That is an increase of $18.00 he is making on our backs. With the economy in the tank, now was not the time to increase it that much of a jump. Look at how many details we lost. Where or what is he doing with the extra money? He isn't putting it into our pensions so what's the deal?

First he takes the 3% and turns it back to the county and then has the balls to lie to us about it, then this!!!!!! (There was a check written and people have a copy of it :shock: ) There is more than enough money in the budget for pay raises (a decent one at that) but he would have to get rid of 1/2 of his FOB's from Lee County and that we know won't happen. So I must ask, when will the bleeding end? :evil:

Oh at to the union guys, keep up the good work and going to impass. He is scared and having members of his command staff call their friends (rats) on the road and spread false rumors and lies to get the members to pass the contract. Typical scare tactic on this administration.

I understand that he is announcing after the 1st of the year and does not want to deal with this problem during election time. He has always said his supports his deputies but the truth be known he does not and has not (just his FOB's from Lee County)`. All he has done is spin and lie to us and expects us to keep eating the crap on the plate and tells us it is steak.

There is no excuse for the detail rate to be raised to $45 per hour and the deputies only get $23. I can see the sheriffs office getting a "fee" for the equipment... Maybe $5 and then paying the deputies $40. But to keep $18 per hour is robbery at its finest. Howie Grace, Fox 4, or some other news outlet needs to investigate this ASAP!

12-09-2011, 05:16 PM
It's my understanding that they raised the detail pay initially after the contract vote, in anticipation that the contract would pass. Soon after, finance changed the rate back to the original rate. Can anyone confirm that they are charging $45.00?