PDA

View Full Version : A leader with a nut sack

11-18-2011, 02:26 AM
http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2011/nov ... on-occupy/ (http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2011/nov/17/guest-column-lee-sheriff-mike-scott-on-occupy/)

Read this!

11-19-2011, 02:29 AM
http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2011/nov/17/guest-column-lee-sheriff-mike-scott-on-occupy/

Read this!

Sheriff Mike Scott says;

Like most of our citizens over the last few weeks, I have watched with interest as the Occupy Fort Myers group descended on Centennial Park and decided to make it a public campground.

I was deeply moved when this small group so graciously agreed to vacate long enough to allow tens of thousands of us to enjoy our beloved Taste of the Town event. Their temporary relocation to the patio in front of the old and historic County Courthouse afforded me time to personally survey the patches of dead grass they left behind.

Following Taste of the Town and with an apparent preference for the wide variety of overnight camping amenities offered at Centennial Park, the Occupy group has returned to the brown, brown grass of home with the blessing of our federal government via the ruling of a federal judge. This, of course, being the same federal government that neglected our southern border for decades and allowed our country to become saturated with undocumented and illegal (there goes that word again) immigrants.

The same federal government that is now suing border sheriffs like Joe Arpaio for trying to stem the tide of horrific and violent spillover from Mexico.

While I have enormous respect for federal judges, this recent blessing for overnight and ongoing sprawl in a park not designed for same is one that flies in the face of reason and will be quickly tested should the Occupy folks pull up their tent stakes and opt for a county park. Lee County parks are clearly posted and governed by ordinance to prohibit overnight camping, alcohol, etc.; however, there are a couple of locations that offer the facilities necessary to camp — the point here being that special facilities are in fact required for overnight camping and few city or county parks are equipped with those facilities.

What happens if a cold front moves through and chills the newly designated Centennial campgrounds? Will the federal judge try to override the prohibition of campfires?

If the Occupy group relocates to a Lee County park, I suggest they take close notice of the signage that clearly outlines the rules and regulations that apply to everyone. For example, skateboards are prohibited on tennis courts and alcoholic beverages are forbidden. These guidelines are posted on the same signage that prohibits overnight camping and unless this federal judge is planning to negate the entire sign and allow a beer-drinking skateboarder to roll around on the tennis courts, I am left wondering why or how the camping rules could be negated.

This is not an indictment on a federal judge; this is your sheriff taking exception with a blatant infringement of common sense and the basic rule of law in our county.

That said I will leave you with this. If the Occupy group decides to move into a Lee County park they will not need to roll out their tents and sleeping bags, because I will guarantee them lodging accommodations.

11-20-2011, 05:41 PM
So why is Chief Baker-our fearless leader-allows Mike Scott to come in the city with his deputies and makes him look like a fool for not being there. Instead, Lt "Little Bit" comes out as the department's representive..but no Chief Baker. Mike Scott..brother you got my vote next year. Your presence show us voters that you are not afraid to come out and make arrest, or stand side-by-side with your deputies. It is a darn shame..No Baker..You will sure see him when time for contract negotiation.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2011/nov/17/guest-column-lee-sheriff-mike-scott-on-occupy/

Read this!

Sheriff Mike Scott says;

Like most of our citizens over the last few weeks, I have watched with interest as the Occupy Fort Myers group descended on Centennial Park and decided to make it a public campground.

I was deeply moved when this small group so graciously agreed to vacate long enough to allow tens of thousands of us to enjoy our beloved Taste of the Town event. Their temporary relocation to the patio in front of the old and historic County Courthouse afforded me time to personally survey the patches of dead grass they left behind.

Following Taste of the Town and with an apparent preference for the wide variety of overnight camping amenities offered at Centennial Park, the Occupy group has returned to the brown, brown grass of home with the blessing of our federal government via the ruling of a federal judge. This, of course, being the same federal government that neglected our southern border for decades and allowed our country to become saturated with undocumented and illegal (there goes that word again) immigrants.

The same federal government that is now suing border sheriffs like Joe Arpaio for trying to stem the tide of horrific and violent spillover from Mexico.

While I have enormous respect for federal judges, this recent blessing for overnight and ongoing sprawl in a park not designed for same is one that flies in the face of reason and will be quickly tested should the Occupy folks pull up their tent stakes and opt for a county park. Lee County parks are clearly posted and governed by ordinance to prohibit overnight camping, alcohol, etc.; however, there are a couple of locations that offer the facilities necessary to camp — the point here being that special facilities are in fact required for overnight camping and few city or county parks are equipped with those facilities.

What happens if a cold front moves through and chills the newly designated Centennial campgrounds? Will the federal judge try to override the prohibition of campfires?

If the Occupy group relocates to a Lee County park, I suggest they take close notice of the signage that clearly outlines the rules and regulations that apply to everyone. For example, skateboards are prohibited on tennis courts and alcoholic beverages are forbidden. These guidelines are posted on the same signage that prohibits overnight camping and unless this federal judge is planning to negate the entire sign and allow a beer-drinking skateboarder to roll around on the tennis courts, I am left wondering why or how the camping rules could be negated.

This is not an indictment on a federal judge; this is your sheriff taking exception with a blatant infringement of common sense and the basic rule of law in our county.

That said I will leave you with this. If the Occupy group decides to move into a Lee County park they will not need to roll out their tents and sleeping bags, because I will guarantee them lodging accommodations.

11-23-2011, 07:29 PM
I know that we loose FMPD soon to LCSO becasue for people like Bkaer and the the wnat to be's.
It is sad for a grerat agency to go down becasue of a few bad people.