PDA

View Full Version : IS THERE A HOLD ON HIRING PROCESS?

10-30-2011, 01:49 AM
QUESTION:
I recently was one of the several applicants who applied around July. Attended the interview and passed. I heard from all applicants they received the questionnaires, then received an email saying he/or she was not selected. This happened to all of us. I know for sure I passed the interview with flying colors but received the same email. no one out of that group were selected. i sent many email to staffing with no reply. an officer I know from this department advised me that when the new chief got selected, he put a hold on all the applicants. Is this true? if not what happened?, And when will this be lifted? Answers please...

05-01-2012, 09:56 PM
I would suggest go someplace else. They keep wasting all these potential applicant's time.
good luck.

05-02-2012, 06:52 AM
I heard that place is only taking steps backwards. If you talk to any of the "REAL" cops there, they all appear to express the same emotions. They seem miserable. I hear some who work there have been making the same pay that they started with 5 years ago. I would highly recommend Coral Gables or any agency that provides a step plan. Best of luck.

05-04-2012, 11:08 PM
Don't listen to these negative posts. We have been picking up guys and we just lost a real good guy to the beach. You should be hearing from someone soon but keep your options open.

06-29-2012, 12:47 AM
I have not received so much as a single email or letter, yet when I call, I'm being advised that I'm still in the running for a positon. It's been almost seven months now. What a way to conduct business. Guess what, I don't want it now. From what I have been hearing it's probably the best thing that could have happened to me.

07-01-2012, 04:35 AM
Quit wasting your time here.

07-01-2012, 06:49 AM
Stay as far away from this place as possible.

07-02-2012, 06:17 AM
Rumor has it that one of your cop's actually locked himself inside his car, is this true?

07-19-2012, 08:23 PM
What is the hold up for the applicants that applied with this agency?

08-08-2012, 02:24 AM
I received a call from FIU a few days ago scheduling me for an interview. Will they be making me do any type of entrance testing or is it just a normal face to face interview? if so, with whom?

08-11-2012, 07:37 AM
You will interview and then they will tell you that they will notify you. There has been applicants that interviewed at least three different times and they haven't heard a single word from the agency. And they have called and their answer is that they are still processing you. Unfortunately in today's economy, they can do that and select their 'perfect' candidate. Wait till the economy starts bouncing back up and have this mass exodus from this agency.

when was the last applicant that was hired to this agency?

08-11-2012, 07:44 AM
I received a call from FIU a few days ago scheduling me for an interview. Will they be making me do any type of entrance testing or is it just a normal face to face interview? if so, with whom?

and if you received a call from FIU, what a great way of exposing your identity to the hiring board by utilizing this infamous message board. Do you think the hiring board would want applicants who already have access to this rumour mill. I think you just took a step backwards as several hiring staff are mentioned on this board in a negative way. Best of luck now brother.

08-11-2012, 01:48 PM
Guest, you are obviously one of the folks this chap should stay away from! Not a person who can hire anyone, but someone who yaps and yaps like a crazy Chihuahua to the top dogs.
The more new good people FIU hires, the faster it can get rid off the the yappers.

New hire, best of luck to you. :D

08-11-2012, 03:27 PM
[quote="AN APPLICANT"]QUESTION:
I recently was one of the several applicants who applied around July. Attended the interview and passed. I heard from all applicants they received the questionnaires, then received an email saying he/or she was not selected. This happened to all of us. I know for sure I passed the interview with flying colors but received the same email. no one out of that group were selected. i sent many email to staffing with no reply. an officer I know from this department advised me that when the new chief got selected, he put a hold on all the applicants. Is this true? if not what happened?, And when will this be lifted? Answers

You can call in and ask they were still doing interviews last week. Best thing you can do is stay away from this blog.

08-12-2012, 12:29 AM
This place is cursed. STAY AWAY!

02-25-2013, 07:29 AM
LOL

02-25-2013, 07:46 AM
????