PDA

View Full Version : Trooper Watts Pulls over Marked Unit at Gunpoint!

10-29-2011, 02:55 AM
Really trooper watts! Ive never had a dislike for anyone but you sure take the cake. You stopped a marked unit. Why dont you tell the truth on why you transfered from up north?

The incident, first reported by Univision 23, started at 6:28 a.m. Oct. 11 on the southbound turnpike at Commercial Boulevard, when a trooper, identified as D.J. Watts, saw a Miami patrol car switching lanes in a dangerous manner, according to the report.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sfl-high-sp ... 7890.story (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sfl-high-speed-cop-chase-miami-officer-arrested-by-highway-patrol-in-broward-county-20111028,0,3257890.story)

10-29-2011, 03:37 AM
Handcuffing a uniformed police officer????????????????

10-29-2011, 07:49 AM

Ever heard of someone stealing a police car and putting on the cops clothes Clarice? She did the right thing. He was not running code 3. He was just late for a detail. The Miami cop jeopardized everyone on the road that morning.

Get a few more Watts' patrolling and maybe 14 year old girls and geriatrics in power wheelchairs might have a chance on our streets!

I think she deserves another plaque! :cop:

10-29-2011, 03:51 PM
He should have gone a little further and made it to Dade County. Maybe a few of his partners could have met him there and taught this trooper a lesson

10-30-2011, 12:23 AM
What are the chances that Dade's biggest nit-wit and FHP's biggest embarrassment would actually cross paths on the roadway.

10-30-2011, 12:29 AM
What are the chances that Dade's biggest nit-wit and FHP's biggest embarrassment would actually cross paths on the roadway.

Pretty damn good I'd say!!! :devil:

10-30-2011, 02:35 AM
I though I saw a possible Sig-10, way way ahead, he was checking out from that BOLO the other day

10-30-2011, 04:22 PM

Pretty damn good I'd say!!! :devil:

While I will not condone all of the Troopers conduct, I refuse to condone his conduct by criticizing hers. I would say the previous comments are accurate. They deserve each other.

10-30-2011, 07:08 PM
It's funny to hear the trooper turn "vehicle" into a 5 syllable word... Troopers are nothing more than the motor club with guns... "my highway" mentality. This is not the first time in Broward this has happened, I recall a trooper arresting a Hollywood officer in uniform for a very false DUI some years ago.

I was glad to see the Miami officer maintain his cool in a situation that is very surreal to us all.

I did like the Sgt's thought that a better response would have been "I was trying to catch up to a possible Sig-10." than I'm late for a Sig-15.

The reality is we all know it's a very bad idea to pass any marked unit at a high rate of speed. I wouldn't even pass a "grouper trooper" pickup like he did. However, how many times have we seen some dork Trooper ."lead the parade" at 65 mph on the turnpike??

10-30-2011, 07:24 PM
National Embarrassment

by Guest » 10/30/11 14:48:21

And it goes national!!!!

http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/29/us/florid ... ?hpt=us_c2

Thank you Baker Watts, we are embarrased nation wide. What a dork.

10-30-2011, 09:02 PM
He did need to be stopped. Let's a least agree with that.

10-30-2011, 09:20 PM
Now what would of happen if both of them would of pulled out their firearms..........both parties are wrong....but the Trooper showed no restraint or common courtesy.......where is the unity................When I go to NY or anywhere in the Northeast.....My brothers and sisters take care of me.......what the hell is going in Florida.........After watching the video.....to hear The Trooper say to the City of Miami Officer.....you are a criminal....thats just wrong. All I know she picked the right Officer.....Come to Dade County........and try that..........

10-31-2011, 02:19 AM
I always use to pull over and stop for troopers on the side of the highway to offer assistance. I will now change lanes and respect the move over law because I'm afraid if I do pull over Watts will give me a ticket

10-31-2011, 02:28 AM
http://www.flhsmv.gov/fhp/Manuals/1705.pdf

11-01-2011, 01:04 AM
http://www.flhsmv.gov/fhp/Manuals/1705.pdf

Heard she is suspended she violated look for yourself

11-01-2011, 05:52 AM
All I have to add its that even when he was wrong , she was 1000000 times worse. You are lucky Watts that I wasn't the one you pulled over because you would be dead if you point that weapon at me.

11-01-2011, 11:00 AM
All I have to add its that even when he was wrong , she was 1000000 times worse. You are lucky Watts that I wasn't the one you pulled over because you would be dead if you point that weapon at me.

Agreed, she needs to be fired before she kills a cop or gets herself killed.

How embarassing would that be.

11-03-2011, 02:21 AM

Ever heard of someone stealing a police car and putting on the cops clothes Clarice? She did the right thing. He was not running code 3. He was just late for a detail. The Miami cop jeopardized everyone on the road that morning.

Get a few more Watts' patrolling and maybe 14 year old girls and geriatrics in power wheelchairs might have a chance on our streets!

I think she deserves another plaque! :cop:

That's what I would be thinking if another maked unit tried to 50 me.. that it was a stolen unit and uniform. In retrospect, he could have called it in and had dispatch check it out. But good luck with that.

There is no way that a marked unit needs to stop absent some exigent circumstances to an unknown threat. I'm glad this didn't end up in a very odd shooting.

When you listen to the audio after the "arrest" you can clearly hear the Trooper say something to the effect that she sick and tired of these Miami officers racing by. What a 20!!

11-04-2011, 03:11 AM
A few things. I have watched the full video and any can see that a marked unit passed the trooper and it appeared to be going about 10 mph faster then the troop car no 120 mph. I also read that all Miami units are equipped with GPS and his top speed was 96.

Now on the full video you can see that the trooper didn't go after the Miami unit for almost a minute later. Trooper watts is seen speeding in a unsafe manner to catch a car that's not even in her sights. See passes many exits and on ramps. Most cops in florida have take home cars so it could of been anyone from Miami pd that originally passed the troop and go off at the next exit. There is NO PROOF that the car she stopped was the same car. The trooper was only behind the Miami car for 2 minutes and it was at a distance. She even said when she was behind the Miami unit the he is now traveling at 78 mph.
Again the car she pulled behind was only going 78 mph and she can't say for certain that it was the same car.
Was the Miami cop wrong in any of this,hmm tuff one based on how proffecional he handled himself durring the arrest in uniform. He deffenatly handled it better then anyone I know.

11-04-2011, 12:22 PM
The trooper did her job, if it were a civilian there wouldn't be an issue and why is it we're hearing more and more cops from Miami are doing so many illegal thing's lately? Ignoring their "above the law behavior" only make's it worse because it gives them the disillusion that they can never get in trouble. Place the blame where it belongs, on a police officer who disregarded the law and disrespected another officer.

01-05-2012, 07:28 AM
It's called discretion and she has none. But on a lighter note, she should be on Real Stories of the Highway Patrol..........