PDA

View Full Version : VOTE YES #3598

10-28-2011, 05:21 PM
Dear Citizens of Fort Myers:

Now is the time for us, the citizens of Fort Myers to make a difference. We, the Citizens of Fort Myers, need an Elected Police Chief and we need your support by VOTING #3598 YES!!
For those of you who would like to VOTE YES early, you may go to the Supervisor of Elections Office located at 2480 Thompson Street, Third Floor, Fort Myers, FL., on the following dates & times:

EARLY VOTING DATES AND TIMES:

Monday October 31, 2011 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday November 1, 2011 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday November 2, 2011 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Thursday November 3, 2011 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Friday November 4, 2011 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Saturday November 5, 2011 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

This election will be conducted on Tuesday, November 8, 2011 between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. at your designated polling location.

If you need help in locating your polling location, please contact the Supervisor of Elections Office at (239)-LEE-VOTE (239 533-8683).

YOUR VOICE IS YOUR VOTE! VOTE YES on #3598!

10-28-2011, 07:29 PM
I already voted! YES please vote.

10-28-2011, 08:04 PM
I too will vote YES, tell others at FMPD to vote yes and have their familys vote yes. John Price is also a good one to get the McGregor VOTE out.

10-29-2011, 05:13 PM
EVERYONE NEEDS TO VOTE EARLY, AND VOTE YES TO # 3598 !!!!!
WE NEED TO REMOVE THESE NO GOOD FOR NOTHING MONKEYS FROM FMPD NOW !!!!!

11-05-2011, 06:51 AM

Do we really want this to pass? Don't get me wrong, I would love to see a lot of people leave this department. I'm sure i don't have to mention their names. We all know who they are. But at the same time, do we really want CP running for the position if it does get passed? Here is a guy that is all about making his wallet fatter. He doesn't care about anyone either. Only how big his paycheck is. He is also a huge politician. AND he is fighting for this to pass with Anthony Thomas. And we all know how much of a scum bag that dip-sh!t is. He is the one always filing these bullsh!t false complaints against us. So why should i back up CP, "Our Union President" for the election to pass when he is buddy buddy with Anthony? I feel it's damned if you do, and damned if you don't. Either it won't pass and we still get stuck with these clowns for a few more years, or put our trust in CP. Or better yet, someone else makes the election position that could be worse then CP. I feel stuck in the middle about the whole thing. Just food for thought.

11-06-2011, 03:37 AM
Yes this is CECIL, I never look at this site since NOONE will post their real name. But I had too after what I heard. While preparing for our case for the Impasse hearing for the FMPD sworn employees, I was called twice by Officers due to this post.
Later today I did review the post by the unknow person and was not surprised" the FMPD employees (if you are one) still continue to feed into the rumor mill. Nothing changes!
First of all I DO NOT run around with Anthony Thomas, If I see him I do speak to him. Some of you know I have spent the last 7 years fighting against his issues and will continue if I do not agree with them. I cannot help if the ONE time we may agree of the same thing. There are many local business owners,Elected City,County,State Officals and City residents on the committee that asked me to be involved with and Anthony Thomas is not one of them.
After trying to deal with the City for your contract in the last 4 years, I can see that if things do not change and the City Manager is NOT removed from the process, You will continue to loose your benefits and Pension as you know it. The City Council will not stand up and do anything so this is the only option I see to protect what you have. If you do not feel the same way, I am sorry but this is my opinion. I have the right to express it as a citizen. Maybe you too should stand up for yourself one day instead of hiding behind someone else to do your dirty work. As far as the wallet comment? Yes I worked my as'' off for 24 years up to 90 hrs a week away from my family. When you you were at home or on vacation, I was working. I worked O T JDP on every Christmas morning since no one else would do it and ect. I am proud of my service and I deserve every penny of my pension, I hope you too will see the light and maybe one day you too will have a Pension to enjoy. If you want to make money" then put the time in. I know some of you do by seeing the O T monthlys.
There is always been a few that were jeoulous of the hours that I and others worked, but they were not dedicated to thier job or family.
Regarding the Chief position, That was started by someone (unknow) again telling the News Press that I was going to run? either wishful thinking or just casuing trouble? I would not answer their questions and they still printed something. If you think that things would be better if Chief Baker left now without a change of Goverment, Then you are wrong. A new Chief from the outside working under the current City Manager forum of Goverment would be worst than it is now. He or she would NOT care at all about you or even know who you are. The sad part is you attack the ones that provide service to you and protect you?
Either way, who would not want the Chiefs job or any job at FMPD? It was and will continue to be a part of my life and no one can change that. I am focus on winning YOUR benefits back! Your next contract! Stay positive and stay safe. You have the best job in the world!

Cecil #72

11-06-2011, 03:43 AM
Brother Cecil" I am sorry that we have some fools here at FMPD that do not understand or care what you have done and continue to do for us. Let me tell you that I will let you know who I am and I do THANK YOU everyday for your service to the men and women here at Ft Myers PD.
The rank and file here love you and we want you to be involved and help us. If you did decide to run for Chief you have my support. I will call you in the AM to let you know who this is, I think you know why I cannot post my name. Half Baked is watching and I need to feed my kids and dog.

Love ya brother!

11-06-2011, 04:16 AM
Wow! glad to see someone step up and use their name. It is nice to have Cecil here for us. This is why Cecil can us his name. Baker cannot fire him for posting.

I support you Cecil" keep up the good work and I look forward putting your stickers on my POV Cecil for CHIEF""

11-06-2011, 04:22 AM
I do not care about how much cecil made.Who he talks too,wheres he goes to church, I do care that he is the only one here that helps us. Even some of the PBA board is on the take with Baker or PSB.
I will support cecil in anything he does.

Good luck man' :evil:

11-06-2011, 04:44 AM
I support you, I have too since we have 2 sgts in PSB now. WTF are they going to do next???
How bad does it have to get here?????????? Before something changes??????

11-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Good job Cecil, if you decide to run I am sure that you will get supported.
Sorry that we have some idiots on this site, the same ones that Kiss azz all over the station.
Just remember that some of the civilians are just as bad as the officers!!! Get rid of them too.

11-07-2011, 01:52 AM
Just so you know, A few of the Civ gilrs have been talking trash about you. It is the ones we all thought were your friends?? Are you surprise?
Like Shelly Flynn, Maureen and the cleaning girl?? I don't get that but I guess she hears every thing.

11-08-2011, 12:08 AM
I agree 100% with Cecil you have to put in the time to get the most out of your benefits. I also spent alot of time away from my family (not as much as Cecil) but enough. I loved working at FMPD and I still have alot of good friends and family there. It is a wonderful job and you all should be thankful you have it. Cecil is right when he says the Chief is not the problem it is the City Manager, and the way the City is managed. I speak to alot of City employees from all areas of the City and they all say the same thing. SO it is not just the PD that is suffering it is the entire City. If you all do not band together and stopped this issue with the pension you will regret it for sure. Cecil is the one guy who will protect you if you are in need of protection if you screw up then its on you. Listen to the guys that have been around awhile and don't play into the ones who are spreding the cancer. They most likely are the ones who don't work and only *****. Cecil stay in the mix and keep the heat on. I have a great retirerment and its is all becasue of the time i spent working at FMPD. Everyone stay safe and take care of each other. God Bless.

11-08-2011, 06:37 AM
I heard they are having a party in the County at Lee Roy Selomons. Not confirmed yet

I BE THERE! but I seez ALOT of signs in Dunbar againstS the elected chief day be sayin votes NO! :mrgreen:

11-08-2011, 05:55 PM

Do we really want this to pass? Don't get me wrong, I would love to see a lot of people leave this department. I'm sure i don't have to mention their names. We all know who they are. But at the same time, do we really want CP running for the position if it does get passed? Here is a guy that is all about making his wallet fatter. He doesn't care about anyone either. Only how big his paycheck is. He is also a huge politician. AND he is fighting for this to pass with Anthony Thomas. And we all know how much of a scum bag that dip-sh!t is. He is the one always filing these bullsh!t false complaints against us. So why should i back up CP, "Our Union President" for the election to pass when he is buddy buddy with Anthony? I feel it's damned if you do, and damned if you don't. Either it won't pass and we still get stuck with these clowns for a few more years, or put our trust in CP. Or better yet, someone else makes the election position that could be worse then CP. I feel stuck in the middle about the whole thing. Just food for thought.

Here's some food for thought... ANYONE, including CP or Anthony Thomas himself would make a better Chief than the A-hole we have now!!! So, if you are stuck in the middle with such a simple decision which will eliminate the existing admninistration, then you have definately got to be either (A) Too stupid to realize the difference, or (B) Part of the problem and reason why things are so F**ked up around here in the fiurst place!! VOTE HELL YES TODAY!!! Let's get rid of ALL these scum bags once and for all!!