PDA

View Full Version : Teamsters Win 2010 Most Decertified Union Award !!!

10-20-2011, 10:12 PM
http://theunionlabelblog.com/2010/09/01/teamsters-union-wins-2010-most-decertified-union-award/

They won by a mile it appears... :snicker:

The folks at UnionFreeAmerica.com have announced their “Most Decertified Union Award” today. Let’s have a round of applause for the Teamsters…

The International Brotherhood of Teamsters is the winner of Union Free America’s 5th Annual “Most Decertified Union Award.” This honor is awarded to the labor union that lost the most decertification elections during the preceding 12 months.

The judging was based on an analysis of the reports of election results on the National Labor Relations Board’s web site for the period August 2009 through July 2010. During that time the NLRB conducted 251 decertification elections. Employees seeking to rid themselves of a union won 157 or 63 percent of them.

The Teamsters union won the “Most Decertified Union Award” by being decertified 48 times during that period. The Teamsters were involved in a total of 64 decertification elections of which they lost 75 percent.

The United Food and Commercial Workers Union (UFCW) came in a distant second by being decertified in 9 out of 15 elections, or 60 percent.

10-20-2011, 10:26 PM
So if you read the rest of the article it said that unions lost 67% of the time when challanged that means PBA could lose.Here is what my office is doing .Take your ballot place it in your desk, on the 27th call PBA and asked who is your President for the next 4 years, if you like the answer vote PBA If you dont like the answer Vote Teamster.

10-20-2011, 10:36 PM
So if you read the rest of the article it said that unions lost 67% of the time when challanged that means PBA could lose.Here is what my office is doing .Take your ballot place it in your desk, on the 27th call PBA and asked who is your President for the next 4 years, if you like the answer vote PBA If you dont like the answer Vote Teamster.

The teamsters aren't getting my vote - I don't see much from them here in Florida at all.

10-20-2011, 10:54 PM
Well, they are getting mine. Every Corrections Officer I know is voting Teamsters!

10-23-2011, 10:54 AM
Go PBA.

11-02-2011, 12:56 AM
Bump. People need to see the awards the Teamsters have been getting. :lol: :lol:

11-02-2011, 01:04 AM
Gee, lets ask Pam Bondi? I am sure she can tell us what a rotten job pba has done so far? Or, lets ask some of the folks that lost their jobs when Hendry C.I. closed down. Soon, we will be able to ask some folks at Glades C.I. when it closes! PBA stinks and this is why the Teamsters are taking over. It was the piss poor leadership. I would sign this, but it would do no good. You are just going to call me Phil. Gee, over 8,000 Teamster cards signed and handed in to PERC and you want to blame one person??? :shock:

YOU ARE NOT THE SHARP-EST PNECIL IN THE BOX

Go Teamsters

11-02-2011, 01:17 AM
POLICE VOTE TO LEAVE TEAMSTERS UNION :lol: :lol:

March 17, 2011 07:44:00 PM
CHRIS OLWELL / News Herald Writer
PANAMA CITY — The Panama City Police Department is a union shop no longer, after a majority of union members voted Thursday to end the department’s relationship with Local 991.

Of 51 total ballots cast, 34 union members voted to disband the union while 17 were in favor of keeping Teamsters around to represent them in collective bargaining. The effort to part ways with the union needed 50 percent support to pass.

Supervisor of Elections Mark Andersen was on hand in the clubhouse behind police headquarters to announce the results.

Union members voted down a contract proposal in January by a narrow margin. The proposed contract was the result of months of negotiations. It would have maintained the status quo that allows officers to take home city vehicles, but it didn’t include pay increases.

The union resumed negotiations with the city, but before another contract proposal came forward, a petition to dissolve the union had garnered enough signatures to put the issue on a ballot.

Detective Chris Taylor spearheaded the effort to oust the union after contract negotiations and was pleased with the result of Thursday’s vote.