PDA

View Full Version : question about Health Trust and PBA

10-14-2011, 03:56 PM
IF this change happens, do we loose the health trust, the county insurance sucks and they pay double then us, does anyone know.

10-14-2011, 07:30 PM
IF this change happens, do we loose the health trust, the county insurance sucks and they pay double then us, does anyone know.

The health trust is independant of the union with its own board and therefore can continue to function without the FOP.

10-14-2011, 07:54 PM

The health trust is independant of the union with its own board and therefore can continue to function without the FOP.

Listen PBA idiot, every year the BPA goes after our 1% in the capital. You think they fight for us to keep it? And best of all ask Hialeah P D how did with BPA representation. State Corrections officers are looking for another union and want to get rid of the BPA. BPA cares about their county members first and everyone else comes whenever. And the trust is the F O P Insurance Trust by name. You have a problem with the board. Show up to a meeting and make a change. Or better yet, quit and go wear a brown gown and join the PBA, Then you get their insurance where you pay 20% of the hospital tab.

10-14-2011, 08:37 PM

Listen PBA idiot, every year the BPA goes after our 1% in the capital. You think they fight for us to keep it? And best of all ask Hialeah P D how did with BPA representation. State Corrections officers are looking for another union and want to get rid of the BPA. BPA cares about their county members first and everyone else comes whenever. And the trust is the F O P Insurance Trust by name. You have a problem with the board. Show up to a meeting and make a change. Or better yet, quit and go wear a brown gown and join the PBA, Then you get their insurance where you pay 20% of the hospital tab.

Why all the hostility FOP board member? The topic here is about the health trust and you come on here and start spewing all kinds of lies about the PBA. We have already tried it your way so now we'll do it our way. So take this bit of advice...place your head between your knees and kiss your tail goodbye cause the fop is outta here!

10-14-2011, 09:28 PM

Why all the hostility FOP board member? The topic here is about the health trust and you come on here and start spewing all kinds of lies about the PBA. We have already tried it your way so now we'll do it our way. So take this bit of advice...place your head between your knees and kiss your tail goodbye cause the fop is outta here!

Listen Moron, why do you think that everyone who writes here is an FOP Board member? I am not and I am not Frank either. The Health Trust is a part of the FOP. Hialeah hates the PBA, Correstions hates the PBA as do other agencies. Their concern is not for other departments. Their only concern is for the Brown Gown. We would be second class citizens to them. And why do you think that our mayor and commissioners would "suddenly quiver in fear" at the sight of the PBA? Get real! Our commissioners could care less who is negotiating with them. A PBA endorsement just doesn't carry the same weight that it used to, not in this economy. Their president, Tony Soprano, oops! I forgot, John Rivera, did a crappy job with Hialeah negotiations and isn't doing so great with the county commissioner either. I doubt that you are even a member of this department so go back to your own board little boy and expouse your own poison. Just because we have it better over here brown gown, try to clean your own house and leave us alone.

10-14-2011, 09:39 PM
The PBA will have nothing to do with your health trust. Your board runs that separately. The fact is that a few with power are afraid of losing power. The PBA fights to save the 1% for municipalities. State corrections just loves the PBA and many jobs were saved through a major legal victory. MDPD cops sometimes complain that the PBA spends too much times on city's bargaining and doesn't focus on the county.

10-14-2011, 09:59 PM
The PBA will have nothing to do with your health trust. Your board runs that separately. The fact is that a few with power are afraid of losing power. The PBA fights to save the 1% for municipalities. State corrections just loves the PBA and many jobs were saved through a major legal victory. MDPD cops sometimes complain that the PBA spends too much times on city's bargaining and doesn't focus on the county.
STOP LYING THE HEALTH TRUST HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FOP. I LEFT THE FOP, AM WITH THE PBA, STILL HAVE MY HEALTH TRUST INSURANCE PAYING MY BILLS, JUST PURCHASED A DENTAL PLAN FOR MY FAMILY FROM HUMANA, ACTUALLY COST ME LESS THAN WHAT I WAS PAYING FOR THE FOP POLICY,DONE DEAL. EVEN IF IT COST ME MORE, I RATHER PAY THE EXTRA MONEY FOR THE DENTAL PLAN, THAN HAVE THE BOARD GIVE IT TO THEMSELVES EVERY MONTH, WHILE I HAVE TO BEG FOR OFF DUTIES.

10-14-2011, 10:08 PM

That's just it, the PBA fights to save the 1% for the municipalities, not for the cops. They will fight, like they do every year to have it deposited into the city's coffers and not into the officer's accounts. Why don't you check the legislative record of the Florida legislature this past year. The PBA is an active partner with the Florida League of Cities. It's all public record. Check before spreading malicious rumors.

BTW, did you catch the CBS 4 News about the 90 cops getting layed off at the 1st of November? And MDPD sergeants and lieutenants getting demoted? Wow, the county commission is really afraid of PBA president Tony Soprano! Where is the PBA now?

10-14-2011, 10:17 PM
STOP LYING THE HEALTH TRUST HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FOP. I LEFT THE FOP, AM WITH THE PBA, STILL HAVE MY HEALTH TRUST INSURANCE PAYING MY BILLS, JUST PURCHASED A DENTAL PLAN FOR MY FAMILY FROM HUMANA, ACTUALLY COST ME LESS THAN WHAT I WAS PAYING FOR THE FOP POLICY,DONE DEAL. EVEN IF IT COST ME MORE, I RATHER PAY THE EXTRA MONEY FOR THE DENTAL PLAN, THAN HAVE THE BOARD GIVE IT TO THEMSELVES EVERY MONTH, WHILE I HAVE TO BEG FOR OFF DUTIES.

Yes it does the FOP health trust was started in the mid 1980 and falls under the FOP umbrella. Not every union group can start a health trust guess you can ask your question at the meeting . But I will get the answer by Monday by calling the the FOP or the health trust. By the way worst comes to worst back to the city plan $3000.00 deductables yeah bring in the PBA. Glad with all the brains around here you found out the answer to the question before they did something dumb

10-14-2011, 10:59 PM
WOW, you mean the insurance administrator makes 100,000 and police are getting more cuts and risking there life, where is the union who represents members, why do we have ex asst making $$$$$$$, no holidays taken away, no veh fees, no drafts, only police get screwed again, cut cmdrs and their rentals, cut stipend monies to union, cut the sgt at city hall making $$$$ plus no veh fees etc that way you lessen the blow (cuts) to police who are being axed again.... :(