PDA

View Full Version : change to bylaws

10-05-2011, 01:31 PM
Would the FOP change existing bylaws stating that no executive member of the FOP could accept a promotion to executive staff in the City of Miami for a specific time frame. This would eliminate confidence issues with back door deals.

10-05-2011, 01:45 PM
I've been saying this for the past month:

Change: While serving as an elected Union board official you cannot accept any administrative promotion for a period of 1 year starting the date you defect from any given position on the union board. Upon ratifying this change all Union board members can exempt themselves from this new change by immediately resigning from their position within the next 30 days.

this will, in effect, protect our members interest because anything can happen in 1 year and won't guarantee unfair practices and backdoor deals. We all know ortiz wants to be promoted and if it's at the cost of the members he can do it on his own time not the members time, who have put their trust in faith in him.

10-05-2011, 02:58 PM
Last time I checked Ortiz was not going anywhere.
Why do you start all this "shittza???"
Focus on the issues. If it is in your best interest vote accordingly.
Stop throwing dirt on people that are trying to make a difference!

10-05-2011, 05:59 PM
Last time I checked Ortiz was not going anywhere.
Why do you start all this "shittza???"
Focus on the issues. If it is in your best interest vote accordingly.
Stop throwing dirt on people that are trying to make a difference!

why do you care if the change is far. It's not all against ortiz it makes SENSE.

Your name is Common sense obviously you need to work on that a little.

what is the negative implications to such a rule? I don't think there is any

10-05-2011, 08:37 PM
the issue right now is to vote for or against the contract; not change bylaws.

10-05-2011, 09:43 PM
THANKS YOU ALL FOR YOUR CUTS AND PAYING FOR YOUR VEHICLES. OUR FAMILIES THANK YOU AND APPRECIATE IT. NOW, GO FIND AN OFF DUTY. VOTE VOTE WE DONT CARE, WE GOT IT MADE EITHER WAY, YAHOO.... :devil:

E/A TO CHIEF

SERGEANT AT ARMS POLICE
20 years $118,889.00
$102,076.89

10-06-2011, 12:33 AM
If the city could "take care" of just a few people instead of 1,100. It would. Since the executives of the FOP are in a postion which could lead to them being compromised, why won't they voluntarily implement a directive, rule, bylaw, regulation..or anything to show that they are bargaining in good faith. This should help the membership to know that they are in fact looking out for us.