PDA

View Full Version : FOP presentations over....feel any different?

10-05-2011, 06:36 AM
So the roll call presentations are over, is anything different?

I have to admit Javi did seem more sincere than I thought he would be…but that still doesn’t excuse the knife he put in our backs by siding with the politicians. The discontent or should I say anger at the FOP was clear at the roll call I attended.

Armando said over and over “our attorney says voting for this contract won’t affect the lawsuit” BULLSHIT, anyone with any common sense knows if we accept this contract then the judge deciding the lawsuit will be thinking..they accepted a contract, they can’t be that bad off if they agreed. Yes Armando…legally it may not effect us but it will certainly be in the mind of the judge that we accepted a new contract under the imposed cut that were forced on us.

IF we win the lawsuit (and that is a huge “IF”) than we go back to our pre financial urgency status. But let me ask this, when the city declared financial urgency and imposed the cuts to our contract then why aren’t we returned to our pre imposed status when that contract expired? Legally there has to be a point where the imposed cuts expire and we are returned whole again. The FOP is saying we never will, that the imposed cuts become the status quo indefinitely (unless we will the lawsuit) again BULLSHIT

Another thing I noticed at the meeting was that the city may impose a $0.40 per mile OR a flat fee ($100/Miami $150/Broward) The talk by the FOP has been we negotiated $0.28 cents a mile but if you don’t take it the city will impose $0.40. The FOP has been tight lipped but the city may impose the flat fee and personally, $0.28 mile or a flat fee works out the same for me and probably most, or at least so little of a difference it doesn’t matter all that much. Even if it is $0.40 screw it.. it’s a tax write of anyway.

I could go on but I’m not…I’m glad I came in on my day off to listen to what the FOP had to say. I have to say I was totally pissed off because I whole heartedly believe that there should have been much more time allowed than 45 minutes to discuss my future.
The bottom line I came to today is.. the city thinks it can do whatever it wants regardless of how it affects us and our families and they don’t give a shit. Vote yes if you want but I refuse to give this city my blood, sweat and tears just to be bent over and rammed in the azz. I’ve been a cop a long time and I’ve never let anyone push me around, bully me or take advantage of me and I’m certainly not going to lay down and the people in city hall start now.

Vote HELL NO on the contract

10-05-2011, 09:57 AM
I am not surprised. Opinions are like azzholes; eveybody has one, and they usually smell.
You certainly can vote your conscience, however, take into account what horseboy was advising....thank you javi for your efforts and your passion.

10-05-2011, 11:07 AM
Just remember that your vote to prove a point might just force another cop to lose their home. There are alot of us who are holding on by a thread.

10-05-2011, 12:05 PM
To the first poster:
If the lawsuit is such a big if, why would you vote no to get shafted and lose your $2400 gun pay and all pay supplements? That's not tax deductible stupid. The presentation was excellent. I could tell Javi put Alot into it. Armando lost his mind but that's expected when you deal with bullcrap 24/7.
Im voting yes

10-05-2011, 12:16 PM
Yes I do feel different. My questions were answered. I was most concerned with the paycuts that were imposed and since it has been addressed in the contract, I will vote yes.

10-05-2011, 12:25 PM
go ahead and vote for the scams, jr to ex asst earning more monies with no veh fees while you all get, you got it, more cuts, ex asst, sgt at arms, cmdrs, more monies with no fees, go ahead and vote and keep paying dues :oops:

10-05-2011, 03:52 PM
The key words in the meeting were "I DONT CARE " the way the members are treated is uncalled for. Why can he stay up there and say he doesnt care??? because they have magical absentee votes, because he has done his time and will be getting a hefty amount when he leaves and his son will be taken cared for....THATS WHY HE DOESNT CARE.........

10-05-2011, 07:19 PM
To the first poster:
If the lawsuit is such a big if, why would you vote no to get shafted and lose your $2400 gun pay and all pay supplements? That's not tax deductible stupid. The presentation was excellent. I could tell Javi put Alot into it. Armando lost his mind but that's expected when you deal with bullcrap 24/7.
Im voting yes

I agree and the email from the attorneys explains it all

Voting yes

10-05-2011, 10:23 PM
Why do need to vote if the mayor and manager already told everybody that they reached an agreement with the FOP. They made those statement like if we didnt count in the process and to be honest they are right we don't count. So F them and don't vote at all.

10-05-2011, 10:40 PM
Yes I feel differently. My Betley is in the shop becuase I spilled caviar on the leather seats. Hey Just vote YES!

I got your back

10-05-2011, 11:11 PM
THANKS YOU ALL FOR YOUR CUTS AND PAYING FOR YOUR VEHICLES. OUR FAMILIES THANK YOU AND APPRECIATE IT. NOW, GO FIND AN OFF DUTY. VOTE VOTE WE DONT CARE, WE GOT IT MADE EITHER WAY, YAHOO....keep paying dues baby....we love our rentals, free, we love our monies, yeah baby :devil:

E/A TO CHIEF

SERGEANT AT ARMS POLICE
20 years $118,889.00
$102,076.89

10-05-2011, 11:44 PM
Yes, your situation is difficult and you have every right to be upset with the conditions that have forced such financial hardships upon you. But tell us, how many Miami police officers were laid off or will be laid off before Christmas? Open; read the below link and learn how many County deputy sheriffs will be laid off by Mayor Carlos Gimenez. That’s cold-blooded and not to mention a clear and present peril to public safety; especially with the Holidays approaching, when the criminal element heightens its predatory activities. Count your blessing, it could have been worst!

al.com/2011/10/05/exclusive-miami-dade-set-to-layoff-cops/

10-05-2011, 11:55 PM
THANKS YOU ALL FOR YOUR CUTS AND PAYING FOR YOUR VEHICLES. OUR FAMILIES THANK YOU AND APPRECIATE IT. NOW, GO FIND AN OFF DUTY. VOTE VOTE WE DONT CARE, WE GOT IT MADE EITHER WAY, YAHOO....keep paying dues baby....we love our rentals, free, we love our monies, yeah baby :devil:

E/A TO CHIEF

SERGEANT AT ARMS POLICE
20 years $118,889.00
$102,076.89
ARMANDO SAID LAST NIGHT THAT HE DOESN'T REPRESENT THE STAFF OR THE SGT. ARMS SO HE DOESN'T CARE THAT THEY DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR THEIR CARS. BUT HES SELLING ALL OF US OUT AND WE HAVE TO PAY. THAT MEANS THAT THESE PEOPLE GET THEIRS FOR FREE WITH OUR MONEY. .....AS PRESIDENT HE SHOULD HAVE TOLD THE CITY THAT STAFF AND SGT. AT ARMS RENTALS ARE UNNECESSARY EXPENDITURES AND THEY ALSO NEEDED TO BITE THE BULLET. HE LOOKS OUT FOR THEM MORE THAN THE MEMBERSHIP. I GUESS HE DOESNT WANT JR. TO PAY FOR HIS RENTAL WHEN REGALADO COMPLETES THE DEAL AND PROMOTES HIM FOR SELLING OUT THE MEMBERSHIP. WITH FOP REPRESENTING US LIKE THAT, WHO NEEDS ENEMIES?
BY THE WAY DONT FORGET THE WAY HE TOLD US THAT HE DIDN'T CARE HOW ANY OF US VOTED. HES DONE HIS PART, NOW REGALADO HAS TO DO HIS.

10-06-2011, 12:04 AM
ARMANDO SAID LAST NIGHT THAT HE DOESN'T REPRESENT THE STAFF OR THE SGT. ARMS SO HE DOESN'T CARE THAT THEY DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR THEIR CARS. BUT HES SELLING ALL OF US OUT AND WE HAVE TO PAY. THAT MEANS THAT THESE PEOPLE GET THEIRS FOR FREE WITH OUR MONEY. .....AS PRESIDENT HE SHOULD HAVE TOLD THE CITY THAT STAFF AND SGT. AT ARMS RENTALS ARE UNNECESSARY EXPENDITURES AND THEY ALSO NEEDED TO BITE THE BULLET. HE LOOKS OUT FOR THEM MORE THAN THE MEMBERSHIP. I GUESS HE DOESNT WANT JR. TO PAY FOR HIS RENTAL WHEN REGALADO COMPLETES THE DEAL AND PROMOTES HIM FOR SELLING OUT THE MEMBERSHIP. WITH FOP REPRESENTING US LIKE THAT, WHO NEEDS ENEMIES?
BY THE WAY DONT FORGET THE WAY HE TOLD US THAT HE DIDN'T CARE HOW ANY OF US VOTED. HES DONE HIS PART, NOW REGALADO HAS TO DO HIS. I SUGGEST THAT WE MAKE REGALADO THE FOP PRESIDENT. AT LEAST WE WOULD ALREADY KNOW THAT HES GONNA FUK US AND WE WONT HAVE TO GO THROUGH ALL THE BULLSHIT POWERPOINTS.

10-06-2011, 12:30 AM
SIS, cmdrs will not pay for cars either, wow, sgt arms, ex asst, moffet for profit, all making over 100, 000 due to your cuts, they thank you for the upcoming warm holidays they will have with their families while you all try to find an off duty, wooooooooooow :( :( :(

10-07-2011, 02:46 AM
No need to hate!!