PDA

View Full Version : Port St. Lucie declares,"Public Traffic Policing"

10-03-2011, 02:05 PM
Public traffic Policing is currently in force between the hours of 7:30 A.M through 9:30 A.M. Meaning, there are no traffic units, only patrol units going to and from briefing. Occasionally, you will see a unit going to a call on the road.

When was this put in place? Why is Port St.Lucie the only city to be doing this? The driving public is their own police department? It is now up to the driver to determine their speed and driving habits? If you feel you can handle your car at 80 MPH on Port St. Lucie Blvd you will not be stopped?

There has not been any traffic stops on Port St. Lucie Blvd in a whole year, between 7:30 A.M and 9: 30 A.M!!!

Driving in the city use to be a lot different and much safer. This strategy is clearly NOT working!

10-03-2011, 03:12 PM
I agree This city has changed in the past few years to just a really different city it was 10 years ago. The problem is that the city has NOT changed to meet the new type of people who have started coming into the city. There are many many more section 8 and nasty, dirty people coming from Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Palm Beach.

Section 8 buys them a better house and life style here in PSL rather than further south, while tax dollars pay for it. These people also drive, which also creates chaos on the roads.

I also wish PSL would figure out they have this issue and put some traffic, even one would be nice on the BLVD during those hours.

My neighbor loves how the "new" rules are in PSL. He told me he can leave alot latter for work now. He does around 70- 80 on the blvd. I asked him he he ever worried about getting caught, he said hell no ( not in PSL), I have been doing this for a long time and nothing. He does slow down as soon a he reaches Martin county. He ain't stupid.