PDA

View Full Version : 2-3 officers down 27 & us 1

09-29-2011, 03:23 PM
2-3 officers were downed during a bike training course. AIU was requested to respond and the details are unknown at this time. They will all make it and be ok so that's a relief.

09-29-2011, 03:28 PM
Glad they are ok. Guys be careful out there.

09-29-2011, 03:33 PM
Hopefully everyone pulls out just fine....that bicycle course is extremely dangerous, I knew that eventually someone was going to get serious hurt..they needed more mark units to properly separate over 30 bikers from oncoming vehicles..there is a lot of other safety concerns that I have with the course..this course needs to be revamped before allowed to continue..they must realize safety is foremost, not speed or formation appearance. Best wishes to the injured

09-29-2011, 05:00 PM
Can you please expand on your information? It seems very interesting.

09-29-2011, 05:14 PM
Hopefully everyone pulls out just fine....that bicycle course is extremely dangerous, I knew that eventually someone was going to get serious hurt..they needed more mark units to properly separate over 30 bikers from oncoming vehicles..there is a lot of other safety concerns that I have with the course..this course needs to be revamped before allowed to continue..they must realize safety is foremost, not speed or formation appearance. Best wishes to the injured
Dk head the cops are still in the hospital can you keep your ignorant comments to yourself! Man you guys are a bunch of Ussies!!! Like voultures waiting to cast blame on cops in every incident.

09-29-2011, 08:29 PM

The next time you get a chance come by the office and give us some ideas on how to make the course 100% safety, we are working on right now on an impact cage that will surround all bikers, a police car for each biker and a device that will change and control all traffic lights, perhaps a virtually computerized training.... WONDER IF YOUR WIFE IS USING CONDOMS WITH HER 33 TO MAKE IT SAFE FOR YOU. DIKEATER

09-29-2011, 08:55 PM
You're right there is no way to make the course 100 percent safe and things do happen. I only saw one mark unit? Is that right?. Just use one or two more marked units and that will make a huge difference. Safety would be increased by locking down intersections well in advance, giving the officer time to verify that all cars have stop before allowing the bike squad of 30+ to enter. Does that make sense? Maybe I'm just crazy. I just don't want to see any else injured.

09-29-2011, 09:09 PM
There is a new product out there that should be looked into, it definately would've helped the officers today.
[youtube:c0v5cjvj]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv7om09DqaI[/youtube:c0v5cjvj]

09-30-2011, 12:12 AM
You're right there is no way to make the course 100 percent safe and things do happen. I only saw one mark unit? Is that right?. Just use one or two more marked units and that will make a huge difference. Safety would be increased by locking down intersections well in advance, giving the officer time to verify that all cars have stop before allowing the bike squad of 30+ to enter. Does that make sense? Maybe I'm just crazy. I just don't want to see any else injured.

IN REAL LIFE WHEN YOU ARE PART OF A BICYCLE PLATOON NOBODY BLOCKS TRAFFIC BUT YOU, NOBODY BRINGS YOU OR BUYS YOU WATER BUT YOU, STOP CRYING AND MAN UP, IF YOU DON'T HAVE WHAT IT TAKES DON'T GO TO BIKE SCHOOL, THIS ARE REALITIES CHECK IT IS NOT SAFE IN THE REAR WORLD AND IT WILL NEVER BE, BE AWARE THIS IS WHAT WE DO. WHAT? U WANT TO JOIN SWAT AND WANT OTHERS DO THE RUNNING AND THE WORK FOR YOU? GOD BLESS ALL OF US AND REMEMBER WE DO THE BEST WE CAN WITH WHAT IS GIVING TO US...

09-30-2011, 12:14 AM

They need a "MINIMUM" of 3 marked units. One in the rear, one leading plus the one holding the intersection. Four to five will be Outstanding. Lets see how many units they will use tomorrow. Remember you are riding in Miami-Dade County do i need to say anything else.

09-30-2011, 12:18 AM
I AGREE. Now lets talk about the huge pnus we are going to get rammed up our butts on October 1st. Thank you FOP

09-30-2011, 12:45 AM

IN REAL LIFE WHEN YOU ARE PART OF A BICYCLE PLATOON NOBODY BLOCKS TRAFFIC BUT YOU, NOBODY BRINGS YOU OR BUYS YOU WATER BUT YOU, STOP CRYING AND MAN UP, IF YOU DON'T HAVE WHAT IT TAKES DON'T GO TO BIKE SCHOOL, THIS ARE REALITIES CHECK IT IS NOT SAFE IN THE REAR WORLD AND IT WILL NEVER BE, BE AWARE THIS IS WHAT WE DO. WHAT? U WANT TO JOIN SWAT AND WANT OTHERS DO THE RUNNING AND THE WORK FOR YOU? GOD BLESS ALL OF US AND REMEMBER WE DO THE BEST WE CAN WITH WHAT IS GIVING TO US...

In real life, if the bike instructors do not have the required resources to adequately and
safely control traffic then they must encourage all bikers to follow all traffic
Laws, including utilizing the bike lane and stopping at red lights.but when comes to safety of 30 officers there should never be any short cuts on resources,ie, mark units.end of discussion..

09-30-2011, 12:52 AM
Guys i think it was Expo's fault!!

09-30-2011, 12:55 AM

In real life, if the bike instructors do not have the required resources to adequately and
safely control traffic then they must encourage all bikers to follow all traffic
Laws, including utilizing the bike lane and stopping at red lights.but when comes to safety of 30 officers there should never be any short cuts on resources,ie, mark units.end of discussion..

Oh boy I will hate for u to be part of my platoon, when working called ocho u need to get to a 3-15 from 8 st SW 2ave all the way to 27ave, u won't be following traffic lights because u need to get there, u will Becareful and responsible but if one driver is eating shit that's all it takes. In real life everything can happen, our job is not easy but we do it knowing the consequences. Life is not a control environment PIZZABOY!!!

09-30-2011, 01:02 AM
Who was the Lt that was responsible for this tragedy?

09-30-2011, 02:43 AM
Guys i think it was Expo's fault!!

I likeded it betta when we blamed Bush! :lol: