PDA

View Full Version : union dues

09-03-2011, 11:08 PM
I thought $40 was alot for dues, till I spoke with FMPD , they pay $45, CCPD is $50 I no people are paying for PBA now but they dont have to pay money to the local union shop. So life insurace, disabality pilicy, legal representation, and we set up our own local electing our own officers, I have noticed Jamie speaking for the sgts not doing to bad. Lets get going and take our agency back from these unqualified locos.

09-03-2011, 11:42 PM
I couldnt go to the meeting, where do we sign up?

09-04-2011, 02:22 AM
The PBA dues for us here at LCSO is $22,00 a month. If we had collective bargaing it owuld be $32.00 a month.
That includes Legal, Life insurance for $40,000 if killed in the line of duty and local membership fees.
I just left a FMPD officer and they pay $32,00 a month, saw his check stub, He also has been there 9 years and after a 5% pay cut he still is going to make over $85,000 this year, base and O T every week.
They have been court and other incintives for over 20 years.
I think we made a mistake with IUPA. I am not paying those dues.
I have been a PBA member for 2 years and they helped me then and I wont drop them for legal.

09-04-2011, 12:10 PM
The PBA dues for us here at LCSO is $22,00 a month. If we had collective bargaing it owuld be $32.00 a month.
That includes Legal, Life insurance for $40,000 if killed in the line of duty and local membership fees.
I just left a FMPD officer and they pay $32,00 a month, saw his check stub, He also has been there 9 years and after a 5% pay cut he still is going to make over $85,000 this year, base and O T every week.
I have been a PBA member for 2 years and they helped me then and I wont drop them for legal.

Then stay with PBA, I dropped them in 1995 when they told me they did not want to piss off the sheriff. I told them to go pound sand. I now pay IUPA. Do you think for 1 second the PBA would have filed a Federal Lawsuit for Sgt. Washer. Get real and wake up, you other people everyday lets start helping us.

09-04-2011, 12:16 PM

Then stay with PBA, I dropped them in 1995 when they told me they did not want to piss off the sheriff. I told them to go pound sand. I now pay IUPA. Do you think for 1 second the PBA would have filed a Federal Lawsuit for Sgt. Washer. Get real and wake up, you other people everyday lets start helping us.

correction - you help other people

09-05-2011, 04:02 AM
I dont know who you were talking to then Grand Pa 16 yrs ago, But the PBA NOW has 6 active law suits going against the FMPD Chief, and has won 2 of them. Thier K 9 keeps me updated and it is current not 16 yrs old.
They are stronger than what we got here.

09-05-2011, 04:18 AM
K 9be aware he is one of the old timers from the Mcdougall or Wanicka days when the Union was not that strong any where around here.
Hopefully these others will wise up and see the light that IUPA is not going to help us and Car 1 will set back and laugh.
I too stayed with PBA becasue I want an attorney with me when the sh''' hits the fan here.
The PBA were there before when I needed them.

09-05-2011, 12:37 PM
K 9be aware he is one of the old timers from the Mcdougall or Wanicka days when the Union was not that strong any where around here.
Hopefully these others will wise up and see the light that IUPA is not going to help us and Car 1 will set back and laugh.
I too stayed with PBA becasue I want an attorney with me when the sh''' hits the fan here.

This surely has been written by the Chapter President, CP. How is it that IUPA will not help us? I hear all of these stories...IUPA cant do anything...THe sheriff wont let anyting happen...Where are you getting this crap from? IUPA is doing some really great things. Sgt.'s contract looks great. Stopped policy change that would impact us negatively. Sued on the behalf of Washer. Is looking into the comptime situation for the entire agency. The Sheriff is talking to the Union. Progress is being made. So where are you getting this crap from?

09-05-2011, 05:57 PM
I think you are wrong. All i can say is that Sgts were dropping like flies before IUPA. Haven't heard one crazy thing since they were voted in by the Sgts. I think things are really on the right path.

09-06-2011, 02:40 AM
Not the PBA guy, sorry to surprise you. I heard it with other things last week at the SWAT day. Lets see what happens, I hope I am wrong but I still my PBA insurance.

09-06-2011, 04:55 AM

This surely has been written by the Chapter President, CP. How is it that IUPA will not help us? I hear all of these stories...IUPA cant do anything...THe sheriff wont let anyting happen...Where are you getting this crap from? IUPA is doing some really great things. Sgt.'s contract looks great. Stopped policy change that would impact us negatively. Sued on the behalf of Washer. Is looking into the comptime situation for the entire agency. The Sheriff is talking to the Union. Progress is being made. So where are you getting this crap from?

Be careful with the PBA, remember who runs it and who Scott endorsed for county commissioner. Just keep that in the back of your minds. And if you think about it a little further, what would a PBA president want anything to do with a union hater like MS. Just a little more food for thought; not telling you who to pick, but think about it.

09-07-2011, 12:48 AM
I dont know who you were talking to then Grand Pa 16 yrs ago, But the PBA NOW has 6 active law suits going against the FMPD Chief, and has won 2 of them. Thier K 9 keeps me updated and it is current not 16 yrs old.
They are stronger than what we got here.

Say what you want and let me know when the PBA sues the sheriff for violating peoples rights as well as Federal Laws and wages. It hasn't happened yet and I am 99% sure it never will. The Chief of police is no big deal he gets sued by everyone. Good luck with your PBA.

09-09-2011, 04:50 PM
All the dues that is paid to the IUPA is different everywhere. It ranges from 5$- 50$.
It is supposed to be used to retain an attorney and run the local. The IUPA attorney is already on the payroll and is only 70 miles away. So where is the 40 dollars going? And why and who decides what the dues is. Why do other locals pay less? We need to see what we get and then decide how much it is worth.

09-12-2011, 11:39 AM
All the dues that is paid to the IUPA is different everywhere. It ranges from 5$- 50$.
It is supposed to be used to retain an attorney and run the local. The IUPA attorney is already on the payroll and is only 70 miles away. So where is the 40 dollars going? And why and who decides what the dues is. Why do other locals pay less? We need to see what we get and then decide how much it is worth.

I don't know that anyone is paying only five dollars a month. The IUPA attorney may be on the payroll. I don't know if that is true or not. But the lawyer that represents IUPA does not represent you in IAs and Grievances. He/she represents you in broader actions that impact the collective group. Your dues go to local lawyers representing you on individual issues such as grievances, and IAs. The IUPA lawyer in Sarasota also helps in the contract negotiations. Some of your dues will go to this. Your dues will also likely go to 119 requests, accountants and others that are necessary to make sure that your contract is reasonable. I don't understand how the distance that the lawyer is from your county is related to the dues. What locals pay less? If this is true email the union and find out why there is difference.