PDA

View Full Version : one percent

08-22-2011, 08:21 PM
The one percent fund board of directors refuses to advise its members of a %35 loss per member. They are afraid of a masss exit be for the next quarter and the fund will tank. Get your facts guys you can stand to loose $70,000 if you currently have $200,000 in your account. We need to complain to the state of thier mis guidance.

08-22-2011, 10:16 PM
You are 100% wrong don't spread baseless rumors

08-22-2011, 10:40 PM
The one percent fund board of directors refuses to advise its members of a %35 loss per member. They are afraid of a masss exit be for the next quarter and the fund will tank. Get your facts guys you can stand to loose $70,000 if you currently have $200,000 in your account. We need to complain to the state of thier mis guidance.

you are a jackass..

08-22-2011, 10:44 PM
The whole city is in shambles, from its finances to its management to its leadership. The result is a ridiculous mockery so convoluted that it could easily be mistaken for a Carl Hiaasen novel.
In 1997 an effort to dissolve the city actually got as far as a referendum, but voters rejected the initiative. Did the threat of disincorporation prompt the parade of city leaders since then to shape up? Hardly.
Today, it’s not just that the city is broke — again. On Monday, new city manager Johnny Martinez — the fourth person to hold the job in 18 months — declared the city is in “financial urgency.”
The move is partly strategic, since it could give city leaders the ability to make unilateral cuts to union labor agreements. But the declaration is also descriptive: the city is facing a $61 million budget hole.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/08/15/2 ... z1Vn8Wwjfr

08-23-2011, 02:04 AM
I called to see the percentage of lose possibilities and they refused to give me any information.Everyone in the drop needs to pay attention to this. What is the big secret guys, if the majoritywretire before the quarterbegins you do not suffer the lose. everyone who stays will take the blunt. my financial planner says he can not believe the fund operates with atleast forty percent in high risk funds. He advise this is where the money manager make there big dollars on our shoulders. We need a recall on the board if they continue to hide the numbers. The truth is we can loose atleast a years salary in the drop if you stay. They are still unsure of the state contributions. I urge everyone to call the fund and demand answers with potential loses.

08-23-2011, 02:17 AM
Kerr and nazar has refused to answer the simple question several of us have called them to inquire. When is the last day we can leave without taking a hit? This is illegal we should complain to the state. They need to advise its members and answer questions pertaining to the fund. Why the silence guys is it that bad of a lose???????? Can some! please answer thequestion for all us drop people.

08-23-2011, 02:44 AM
The last day of the quarter, which should be Friday, September 30.
Leave by then or you take the hit on the investment losses for this quarter.
It's a personal decision.

Phaedrus11
08-23-2011, 04:58 AM
I’m going to attempt to answer your questions by plugging your post into my spell checker. I will try my best, please let me know if I misinterpreted any of you rambles.

I called to see the percentage of lose possibilities and they refused to give me any information.
I think you are asking what will be the gain/loss for this quarter. It’s hard to tell, if I could predict the market I wouldn't be doing this job. Last quarter the fund was down around 2%. If you leave before the end of this quarter, that would be your amount.

Everyone in the drop needs to pay attention to this. What is the big secret guys, if the majoritywretire before the quarterbegins you do not suffer the lose.
I think you are implying that if you leave before the end of Q3 you would not sustain the gain/loss of Q3. This is true. Again, we cannot predict the rise and fall of the market.

everyone who stays will take the blunt.
The members of the 1% board do not smoke marijuana. As far as I know.

my financial planner says he can not believe the fund operates with atleast forty percent in high risk funds. He advise this is where the money manager make there big dollars on our shoulders.
The fund adheres to a policy of 60/40 equities over bonds. This will obviously fluctuate throughout the year and is rebalanced annually if not more so. Define “high risk” funds and I will be better able to answer your questions.

We need a recall on the board if they continue to hide the numbers.
The fund can’t “hide” numbers. Everything they do is public record and is available to anyone (especially divorce lawyers, apparently)

The truth is we can loose atleast a years salary in the drop if you stay.
Unlikely, but I guess anything is possible. You mend lose, right. I’m assuming you meant to type lose.

They are still unsure of the state contributions.
The state contribution was 4.3 million. The check came in yesterday. We deposited it the same day. I would be happy to provide you a copy of the check if you would like (again, public record)

I urge everyone to call the fund and demand answers with potential loses.
We encourage you questions. All board members are available in their offices. I would even be happy to discuss the fund with you after hours, or at 1 am on an anonymous forum where you choose not to post your name. I don’t mind. I think all members deserve to be informed.

08-23-2011, 04:50 PM
I’m going to attempt to answer your questions by plugging your post into my spell checker. I will try my best, please let me know if I misinterpreted any of you rambles.

I called to see the percentage of lose possibilities and they refused to give me any information.
I think you are asking what will be the gain/loss for this quarter. It’s hard to tell, if I could predict the market I wouldn't be doing this job. Last quarter the fund was down around 2%. If you leave before the end of this quarter, that would be your amount.

Everyone in the drop needs to pay attention to this. What is the big secret guys, if the majoritywretire before the quarterbegins you do not suffer the lose.
I think you are implying that if you leave before the end of Q3 you would not sustain the gain/loss of Q3. This is true. Again, we cannot predict the rise and fall of the market.

everyone who stays will take the blunt.
The members of the 1% board do not smoke marijuana. As far as I know.

my financial planner says he can not believe the fund operates with atleast forty percent in high risk funds. He advise this is where the money manager make there big dollars on our shoulders.
The fund adheres to a policy of 60/40 equities over bonds. This will obviously fluctuate throughout the year and is rebalanced annually if not more so. Define “high risk” funds and I will be better able to answer your questions.

We need a recall on the board if they continue to hide the numbers.
The fund can’t “hide” numbers. Everything they do is public record and is available to anyone (especially divorce lawyers, apparently)

The truth is we can loose atleast a years salary in the drop if you stay.
Unlikely, but I guess anything is possible. You mend lose, right. I’m assuming you meant to type lose.

They are still unsure of the state contributions.
The state contribution was 4.3 million. The check came in yesterday. We deposited it the same day. I would be happy to provide you a copy of the check if you would like (again, public record)

I urge everyone to call the fund and demand answers with potential loses.
We encourage you questions. All board members are available in their offices. I would even be happy to discuss the fund with you after hours, or at 1 am on an anonymous forum where you choose not to post your name. I don’t mind. I think all members deserve to be informed.

Very well said. I don't even know why you waste your time with these idiots.

08-25-2011, 05:55 PM
Gentlemen, I researched. Even tough some of these questions are silly,I hope I answered your questions to the best of my knowledge. Jeffrey Giordano

08-25-2011, 07:44 PM
if only we could get this kind of response from our union

08-25-2011, 08:04 PM
if only we could get this kind of response from our union

dont worry salas jacobson is hiring a PR firm and they will have a 24 hour a day phone number to respond to every question you have.

a list of questions has begun

#1 who framed roger rabbit?
#2 who invented meatballs?
#3 why does our mayor love catnip?
#4 why is expo known as the hippo?

the number will be 1-800-fop-love