PDA

View Full Version : Wake Up!

08-12-2011, 03:22 PM
The Empire Strikes Back! I mean The Tribe Strikes Again! For the remaining few Officers left out there I hope this wakes you up. It goes to show you how loyalty and longevity to the tribe will get you no where! All the promises of how when the new Chairman was elected how things for the Police Department were going to get better, it's been almost 2 years and nothing has changed and it never will. The Governing body of the tribe does not care about any of the officers or the department, the Chairman made that clear as he was firing the Interim Chief by telling him that "if the officers don't like it hear they can leave". Pathetic if you ask me. All of you should walk into his office drop off your equipment and walk away, that would force them to have to call the BIA. The tribe also needs to relieve of duty the so called "Police Commissioner Weeks" he thinks he's all that but in reality nothing more than the laugh stock of the tribe. Interim Chief Gonzalez if you read this I feel for you, when you were a Sergeant you were a good guy to work for when you got promoted, you turned your back on your brothers and for what???? Look what it got you! To the 7 officers that got fired keep you heads up it's tough out there right now but other opportunities will come. As for Sgt. William you just sealed your fate it will be only a matter of time before you are relieved of duty just like the 7 who were fired yesterday.

FDLE step up to the plate and Strip them of their State Certification so the BIA can go in and get this placed cleaned up and under control. :evil:

08-12-2011, 07:30 PM
The Tribes Police department needs to be taken over by the BIA.. Someones needs to run with this and exposed this Tribe's Tribal leaders for the harm they've brought to former and current Police Officers who have served these ungrateful people. Dont let this opportunity go to waste.

We the former PO's along with our unions and with the support of the Law enforcement community will support any demonstrations or complaints against the Miccosukee Tribe. FDLE needs to become aware of whats happening out there NOW!!!

08-13-2011, 06:55 PM
Do you really think that BIA cares about Miccosukee PD? At one point or maybe still, the BIA was the most mis-managed Federal Agency as reported by GAO. Further, it is FDLE that gives the agency it's authority.

What really needs to happen is for Miami-Dade County to take away the PD authority over non-tribal lands. That would leave Miccosukee PD to patrol anything south of SR90A, the old trail. Everything else they patrol is in Miami-Dade county, with the exception of the Resort and the parking lot of the golf course they bought. The county gave the PD the authority to patrol SR90 back in 1981. Plain and simple, put them back in the swamp. Then no one would want to work there and hopefully that would solve the problem.

That will not happen as Miccouskee Tribe has money and it goes a long way in Miami-Dade. So, FDLE is not coming anytime soon to shut the doors.

I feel for anyone that got fired, now and since that place has opened. Lots of good cops have come and gone and that is the Tribes loss. The tribe is all about the tribe and always will be. As long as they do not have to follow any kind of labor law, the PD is doomed. It is not if you will get fired, it is when. Has not one person noticed that no patrol officer has ever retired from MPD. You have to wonder why? I am sure everyone says not me it is diffent. It is not going to happen. Sooner or later you will have to act like a cop, and bam you are applying for a a EBT card to feed your family. Heck, I told Gonzalez that when he was in DB.

That is the third Chief in how many years? Just make Weeks the Chief and end the charade. Send tribal members to the academy and let them drive up and down the old trail waiving at thier family. Better yet, close it all and hire MIG guards to patrol. Just do not get out of you car for anything.

As to the seven and the Sgt. There are two sides to the story. But, in a department that had structure the ending would have not been like this.

BTW, what cop in his right mind would sign a petition. Especially in agency that fires people for anything, even if you are doing the right thing. You do not like something, suck it up and move on. Petitions, That is for HS students. You took a oath, for God sakes.

So the moral of this story is, the players changed but the game is the same. There is a rule book for the tribe and one for everyone else. Everyone else does not matter, so they dont mind when they fire you.

Manny Osceola