PDA

View Full Version : A resident of Coconut Creek

08-07-2011, 04:25 PM
I am a resident of Coconut Creek and the widow of a NYC police officer who was a member of the 10-13 club in Broward. My husband used to read LEO Affairs and now I know why he would get so infuriated. As a taxpayer I too am infuriated that the people we pay to "Protect and Serve" our community would resort to the kind of infighting, mudslinging and whining that I've been reading on LEO Affairs. This is the sort of thing we've come to expect in political campaigns but I am ashamed and embarrassed to see that our "finest" have sunk so low. In a recent post directed at the Chief, the writer even resorts to what I can only call Extortion! Making an outright threat of a vote of No Confidence to deter the promotion of a fellow officer. Where is the respect for authority in this organization? Do police officers have the right to voice their opinions? Absolutely, but there is a proper forum for that and it is not on this blog. They denigrate the dignity of their shield and all the hard working men and women in uniform when they resort to this cowardly, anonymous rhetoric. As the widow of a long time police officer I am outraged and ashamed of all of you who participate in this immature display that tarnishes our police department and the entire community of Coconut Creek. I'm making it my mission to make sure my friends and neighbors in this community are made aware of what is going on here. I am sure they will be as shocked and displeased as I am and we will collectively make our feelings known to the Mayor, City Commissioners and the City Manager.

08-07-2011, 07:54 PM
I understand how you feel as a resident myself; however, someone needs to take a good hard look at the way that police department is run.. This should appaul you more than anything else.

08-11-2011, 12:29 AM
Yea NYPD had none of this right yea ok...32000 cops and no infighting everything was a cheery skip to work day....i had numerous family in NYPD and it had all the same crap..you are a wife of an officer who was kept in the dark and thats the way it should be with cops wives.

08-11-2011, 04:10 PM
YOU ARE NOT A RESIDENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

08-15-2011, 08:56 AM
I'M A DUDE PLAYIN A DUDE DISGUISED AS ANOTHER DUDE !!!

Ashamed or not. Their time is coming. If more cops took a more active role, we could fight and win.

Just remember, contract negotiations are coming up. The C is supposed to be on OUR side while protocol says to have him send a Capt. on the City's side.

Let's see how this plays out with our...... 1 REP. Remeber, RS is not our rep. He is an Officer in the Administration for the PBA of Broward. Ever wonder why left that position?

[Actually, ever wonder why IT WAS NEVER FILLED ? ? ? ?[/b] ITS BEEN VACANT FOR OVER 6 MONTHS AND THAT'S EXACTLY HOW THE UPPER ECHELON WANTS IT. WANT A TRUE ANSWER, CALL THE PBA DIRECTLY, WHICH YOU PAY GOOD MONEY FOR AND SEE WHY WE DON'T HAVE 2 REPS, AGAIN, MINUS RS, AND SEE WHY NO "SPECIAL ELECTION" WAS HELD TO FILL AN EMPTY AND MUCH NEEDED SPOT.

THANK YOU[/size][/size]olor=#FF0040][/color][/size][/b]

08-16-2011, 05:58 PM
RS is in their pocket period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We need representation!!!!!!!!! Put his fat butt back on the road and elect us some people who will not bend over and say, " thank you sir may I have another."

08-19-2011, 07:02 PM
The city needs to wake up and fix what is wrong unless of course they do not care. The bedroom community is no more.

The sick call has become normal and the staffing needs to change before someone gets hurt.

08-29-2011, 08:04 PM
I love being a resident!

08-30-2011, 03:34 AM
People should be happy they have jobs. Its good to see we have a great place to work

09-01-2011, 06:08 PM
People should be happy they have jobs. Its good to see we have a great place to work

[

09-03-2011, 09:57 PM
have a great nite