PDA

View Full Version : FOUR MORE YEARS

07-23-2011, 12:27 PM
Four more years of this. Now more than ever you better get a Union. Mike decided to run once again for Sheriff. He wants to do want to whom with no regard for policy, acreditation, or your bill of rights. Only thing is the rest of you Sergeants that are holding out waiting till the last minute to join better get to it, if you didnt take MIKE'S emails as threats to your familys well being, your carrer, etc you must have your head examined. I heard a sgt say in alpha well these few sgts are making it rough on all of us. No these few sgts as you say, drew a line in the sand which forced LCSO to change policy or should I say follow the LAW, OFFICER'S BILL OF RIGHTS. Now college tution, social media, physical fittnes(condition of your employment as the letter stated and no one can say what the dam test will be), and Internal affairs. These changes or more like changes of your conditions/ benifits that will have to remain in place because of Collective Barganing. If one of these does not affect effect every person at LCSO then what does. In closing I would say think about what Mike said in his emails, think about what IUPA sent out. It is up to you to say things are great or have the gotten worse. Get job insurance you deserve to have a voice in your carrer.

07-23-2011, 03:13 PM
I began to think this was a waste of time. I think after all that was sent and said it makes since to have legal representation. Have an attourney representing me not paid for by LCSO looking out for LCSO best interest which may not be in my best interest. Things that make you go hmmm.

07-23-2011, 04:08 PM
Four more years of this. Now more than ever you better get a Union. Mike decided to run once again for Sheriff. He wants to do want to whom with no regard for policy, acreditation, or your bill of rights. Only thing is the rest of you Sergeants that are holding out waiting till the last minute to join better get to it, if you didnt take MIKE'S emails as threats to your familys well being, your carrer, etc you must have your head examined. I heard a sgt say in alpha well these few sgts are making it rough on all of us. No these few sgts as you say, drew a line in the sand which forced LCSO to change policy or should I say follow the LAW, OFFICER'S BILL OF RIGHTS. Now college tution, social media, physical fittnes(condition of your employment as the letter stated and no one can say what the dam test will be), and Internal affairs. These changes or more like changes of your conditions/ benifits that will have to remain in place because of Collective Barganing. If one of these does not affect effect every person at LCSO then what does. In closing I would say think about what Mike said in his emails, think about what IUPA sent out. It is up to you to say things are great or have the gotten worse. Get job insurance you deserve to have a voice in your carrer.

IUPA is chartered by the afl-cio. They are Obama's thugs. Your "dues" will be going straight into the coffers of the democratic party.

07-23-2011, 09:10 PM
Some may have forgotten it was a Republican Govenor who took three percent from you on the heels and I quote," THE BEST RETURN ON FRS INVESTMENTS IN THE LAST 25 YEARS ". I support who ever is supporting me and other LEO'S like me. By the way AFL-CIO ALSO GAVE TO THE REPUBLICAN PART TOO. Everyone plays both sides. IUPA has joined suit in forcing RICK SCOTT to owner the states commitments to cops,teachers,firemen etc, etc. Didnt see any Republicans standing up for us to include our own sheriff.

07-23-2011, 10:28 PM
Some may have forgotten it was a Republican Govenor who took three percent from you on the heels and I quote," THE BEST RETURN ON FRS INVESTMENTS IN THE LAST 25 YEARS ". I support who ever is supporting me and other LEO'S like me. By the way AFL-CIO ALSO GAVE TO THE REPUBLICAN PART TOO. Everyone plays both sides. IUPA has joined suit in forcing RICK SCOTT to owner the states commitments to cops,teachers,firemen etc, etc. Didnt see any Republicans standing up for us to include our own sheriff.
I felt the hit from this last paycheck minus 3%. The Sheriff has done nothing for me lately but made it harder to feed my family.

07-23-2011, 10:31 PM
I felt the hit from this last paycheck minus 3%. The Sheriff has done nothing for me lately but made it harder to feed my family.

07-23-2011, 10:49 PM
Who cares who IUPA pays... As long as they negotiate a salary like they did for Port ST. Lucie.. Who really cares.. Fat boy Mike left that out of his email.. I would gladly pay $42-$60 for insurance if I was making $60,000+ a year!!!!

union is not the whole answer, but it's a great start... :idea:

07-24-2011, 07:24 PM
[quote="senior sgt":1f57abwp]Four more years of this. Now more than ever you better get a Union. Mike decided to run once again for Sheriff. He wants to do want to whom with no regard for policy, acreditation, or your bill of rights. Only thing is the rest of you Sergeants that are holding out waiting till the last minute to join better get to it, if you didnt take MIKE'S emails as threats to your familys well being, your carrer, etc you must have your head examined. I heard a sgt say in alpha well these few sgts are making it rough on all of us. No these few sgts as you say, drew a line in the sand which forced LCSO to change policy or should I say follow the LAW, OFFICER'S BILL OF RIGHTS. Now college tution, social media, physical fittnes(condition of your employment as the letter stated and no one can say what the dam test will be), and Internal affairs. These changes or more like changes of your conditions/ benifits that will have to remain in place because of Collective Barganing. If one of these does not affect effect every person at LCSO then what does. In closing I would say think about what Mike said in his emails, think about what IUPA sent out. It is up to you to say things are great or have the gotten worse. Get job insurance you deserve to have a voice in your carrer.

IUPA is chartered by the afl-cio. They are Obama's thugs. Your "dues" will be going straight into the coffers of the democratic party.[/quote:1f57abwp]

Paying For Poison, you need to get your head examined. Have you ever heard that all politics is local? Who cares about Obama thugs when your friendly local Sheriff pays you a salary that has you on food stamps. Food Stamps? That thug Obama will surely provide you with plenty of them. Let me know when you want to see a real union contract and not what some little tyrant wants...I'll gladly post it for you!

07-25-2011, 02:32 PM
When it comes to unions in the State of Florida, Sheriff's Offices are the last public service organizations to really consider union membership. Fire, EMS, nurses, police departments, teachers and other public servants have been part of unions for decades. Sheriff Deputies have always had a different form of employment, at the will of the Sheriff, the FSA has seen to this. Slowly but surely, Sheriff's Offices in the State of Florida have come to realize that unions do and can apply to the Office memberships. CCSO has had unions for well over 15 years, they seem to do well. As mentioned there are several Sheriffs who put the membership first, i.e. developing budget methods to give membership raises. This Sheriff has but one goal, himself and keeping his job.

07-28-2011, 07:36 PM
The Sheriff has awarded his chosen ones with promotions and a boost in pay. Not to mention that he makes over $100,000 a year. Over the last four years he could not see fit to give *out cost-of-living raises to deputies. He stands on the premise of the weak economy for not giving raises however, the Governor of Florida that he openly supports can take 3% from our pay and do this: "Mar 27, 2011 … Rick Scott (R-FLA) transferred 62 million dollars in Solantic stock to his wife..."

We can't afford four more years of these two.

14 Felonies Later, Gov Rick Scott Wants Taxpayers to Fund His Clinics
March 27, 2011
By Sarah Jones
http://www.politicususa.com/en/rick-sco ... rs-clinics (http://www.politicususa.com/en/rick-scott-taxpayers-clinics)

07-28-2011, 07:37 PM
The Sheriff has awarded his chosen ones with promotions and a boost in pay. Not to mention that he makes over $100,000 a year. Over the last four years he could not see fit to give *out cost-of-living raises to deputies. He stands on the premise of the weak economy for not giving raises however, the Governor of Florida that he openly supports can take 3% from our pay and do this: "Mar 27, 2011 … Rick Scott (R-FLA) transferred 62 million dollars in Solantic stock to his wife..."

March 27, 2011
By Sarah Jones
http://www.politicususa.com/en/rick-sco ... rs-clinics (http://www.politicususa.com/en/rick-scott-taxpayers-clinics)

08-01-2011, 05:00 AM
Many of us have lost our homes and some of us are on food stamps!! Yes Sheriff Scott some of your men and women who risk their lives are on food stamps!! What will the public think of the truth...people w/o qualifications are making more money than those who risk their lives every day. A Sheriff that give back to the commission without a fight!!

Mike, go to Tennessee and enjoy your 100 % retirement (over a 150 thousand a year for the rest of life) leave the agency so maybe the next Sheriff can fix the mess you and your staff have made!!! This is what happens when you become a politician … a police leader can’t be all politics perhaps congress will be better fit for you.
You have lost your troops support and don’t forget we were the ones that got you elected and we will remove you in 2012.

08-01-2011, 08:24 AM

March 27, 2011
By Sarah Jones

Re: Time to go Mike
by guest 2 » 07/31/11 14:40:09

http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll ... 1110730024
see how much assets he has claimed he is worth

09-23-2011, 07:33 AM
Floridians are
poorer than 3 years
ago

ORLANDO (AP) — The income of Floridians
has dropped by more than 7 percent over
the past three years.

Census data made public Thursday shows
that the median household income of
Floridians went from almost $48,000 in
2007 to more than $44,000 last year.

The economic downturn of the past three
years has hit Florida harder than most
parts of the country.

Nationally, the median household income
declined by only about 1.3 percent. It went
from $50,700 in 2007 to just over
$50,000 last year.
http://www.news-press.com/article/20110 ... -years-ago (http://www.news-press.com/article/20110922/NEWS01/110922009/Floridians-poorer-than-3-years-ago)

Thank you for taking 3% from our pay Gov. Scott and thank you for not giving us anything in four years Sheriff MS. You guys are a piece of work. Keep screwing us at your leisure.

09-23-2011, 11:56 AM
The wife and I were sitting at our kitchen table the other night, figuring out our bills, which ones had to be paid on time and which ones we could possibly delay payment on. We have already taken loans out on my life insurance, tapped our parents for loans and sold several of our personal household items. Our home is now 35% underwater, hence we are unable to refinance and take advantage of the low mortgage rates. The wife's job was full-time and is now part/part-time, if you know what I mean. Details are few and far between, generally going to those who have connections within the agency. In all, cost of living over the past four-years has really put us in a huge whole. It was hard and I do mean hard, when we applied for food stamps and were approved. Do you know what it is like to shop for food and pull out food stamps, I just about cry every time I have to do this. I see no action on the part of the Sheriff to assist us, just threatening e-mails and harassment from his command staff and their underlings. Thank goodness for the free coffee at the 7-11 stores else I'd have nothing all day long. The other week I saw our Sheriff and several members of his command staff go into a restaurant at lunch, my family and I haven't eaten in a restaurant in months. No action on the part of the Sheriff to assist us is in fact action.

The other day my supervisor mentioned that it wouldn't be long now when we'd be assisting in the Sheriff's re-election, not asking but telling us, getting signs up and out and fundraisers, YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!

09-23-2011, 02:54 PM
And above all, MS sends out United Way contribution forms. What a slap in the face by this chauvinist sheriff and his minions. If you are not a member of the executive command staff you are struggling period. I wish my boss gave me a raise every year like the governor has been giving MS in these "tough economic times" but instead my raise is being spent on PSAs and such to get him re-elected. Remember what his net worth is folks.

09-23-2011, 05:17 PM
Sheriff sent out an email saying our budget was approved and although we haven't gained anything, we also haven't lost anything.

It could not be farther from the truth. By not gaining anything, we have lost! We lost due to inflation and cost of living expenses going up. We have been losing for years. The civilians are getting raises, but not road patrol.

Here is just a basic inflation calculator.
http://146.142.4.24/cgi-bin/cpicalc.pl? ... year2=2011 (http://146.142.4.24/cgi-bin/cpicalc.pl?cost1=40%2C000&year1=2006&year2=2011)

A deputy making $40,000 a year in 2006, lost between 3-5k depending on the calculator tools you use just in inflation. Every other agency around us has a step plan guaranteeing pay increases to keep seasoned experienced officers. The news you hear on tv about layoffs are just contract negotiations. They always meet somewhere in the middle.

09-23-2011, 09:13 PM
The wife and I were sitting at our kitchen table the other night, figuring out our bills, which ones had to be paid on time and which ones we could possibly delay payment on. We have already taken loans out on my life insurance, tapped our parents for loans and sold several of our personal household items. Our home is now 35% underwater, hence we are unable to refinance and take advantage of the low mortgage rates. The wife's job was full-time and is now part/part-time, if you know what I mean. Details are few and far between, generally going to those who have connections within the agency. In all, cost of living over the past four-years has really put us in a huge whole. It was hard and I do mean hard, when we applied for food stamps and were approved. Do you know what it is like to shop for food and pull out food stamps, I just about cry every time I have to do this. I see no action on the part of the Sheriff to assist us, just threatening e-mails and harassment from his command staff and their underlings. Thank goodness for the free coffee at the 7-11 stores else I'd have nothing all day long. The other week I saw our Sheriff and several members of his command staff go into a restaurant at lunch, my family and I haven't eaten in a restaurant in months. No action on the part of the Sheriff to assist us is in fact action.

The other day my supervisor mentioned that it wouldn't be long now when we'd be assisting in the Sheriff's re-election, not asking but telling us, getting signs up and out and fundraisers, YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!

The brass says be happy you have a job. Yet the county has $700,000 to do a study on the noise caused by the airport. $700,000 to plant trees from Sanibel Blvd to Six Mile Cypress. Millions to build a stadium, but hey, strap on your vest and go put your life on the line as one of the lowest paid county employee.

The LCSO website should list "food stamps" under the benefits for deputy sheriff position.

09-24-2011, 05:59 AM
lets see.

No Raise=No Vote
Not helping me in the time of need=not helping him in election time.

I am MS. I just wanted all you to know that your lucky to have a low paying job. By the way there will be no raises for the next four years if you vote for me.

You need to share with your family and friend how bad it as gotten around here so they can pass it on. That's the only way to get him out.

09-24-2011, 02:46 PM
[quote="Guest"]The wife and I were sitting at our kitchen table the other night, figuring out our bills, which ones had to be paid on time and which ones we could possibly delay payment on. We have already taken loans out on my life insurance, tapped our parents for loans and sold several of our personal household items. Our home is now 35% underwater, hence we are unable to refinance and take advantage of the low mortgage rates. The wife's job was full-time and is now part/part-time, if you know what I mean. Details are few and far between, generally going to those who have connections within the agency. In all, cost of living over the past four-years has really put us in a huge whole. It was hard and I do mean hard, when we applied for food stamps and were approved. Do you know what it is like to shop for food and pull out food stamps, I just about cry every time I have to do this. I see no action on the part of the Sheriff to assist us, just threatening e-mails and harassment from his command staff and their underlings. Thank goodness for the free coffee at the 7-11 stores else I'd have nothing all day long. The other week I saw our Sheriff and several members of his command staff go into a restaurant at lunch, my family and I haven't eaten in a restaurant in months. No action on the part of the Sheriff to assist us is in fact action.

The other day my supervisor mentioned that it wouldn't be long now when we'd be assisting in the Sheriff's re-election, not asking but telling us, getting signs up and out and fundraisers, YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!![/quote

What wasn't said by this Deputy is that they sold one of their cars to pay back their parents, they had a garage sale in order to purchase clothes for their children to start school this year, plus his wife now does some household cleaning while he cuts yards in his neighborhood. Their children had to give up playing sports, they even accepted donations from their church. Hard times, you bet. This agency is or has become a "click" who you know is the rule of the day. This rule applies to details, promotions, raises and assignments. Family members or friends of command staff are hired into choice positions, same applies for promotions, units are developed to justify rank and rank is given to those who can benefit the sheriff in his election. Staffers main theme is how to get the sheriff re-elected and who is against him. IA has their pencils sharpen and really to roll on anyone who even expresses a bad thought or word against the sheriff.

09-25-2011, 12:57 AM
Sheriff sent out an email saying our budget was approved and although we haven't gained anything, we also haven't lost anything.

It could not be farther from the truth. By not gaining anything, we have lost! We lost due to inflation and cost of living expenses going up. We have been losing for years. The civilians are getting raises, but not road patrol.

Here is just a basic inflation calculator.
http://146.142.4.24/cgi-bin/cpicalc.pl? ... year2=2011 (http://146.142.4.24/cgi-bin/cpicalc.pl?cost1=40%2C000&year1=2006&year2=2011)

A deputy making $40,000 a year in 2006, lost between 3-5k depending on the calculator tools you use just in inflation. Every other agency around us has a step plan guaranteeing pay increases to keep seasoned experienced officers. The news you hear on tv about layoffs are just contract negotiations. They always meet somewhere in the middle.

I like the basic inflation calculator, however, what if you had a child or two since 2006, the calculator should have this feature.

09-25-2011, 06:35 PM
Hey guys, here's one to support our "out-of-line salaries". I had a copy of the starting salary for each rank (Colonels didn't exist ten-years ago) the year Rodney Shoap became Sheriff. I took those salary levels and put them in the basic inflation calculator and discovered that command staffers (Captains and above) are making a solid 20K more than what the BIC results are. Even with no pay increases for the last four-years these guys are making 20K more. Just how did this happen, simple, our dearest sheriff on the first day he became sheriff in 04 raised the starting salary of Captains and above by 20K. While they are 20K ABOVE the BIC, the starting salary for a Deputy Sheriff is just about 5K BELOW the BIC. And to think, there are now Colonels, more Majors and Captains than ten-years ago, their percentage of increase in number of positions does not match the increase in Deputies, in fact, in all, they have doubled the number of command staffers, have we double the number of Deputies, I THINK NOT!!!!!!!!

Think what they guys would be making if we'd had salary increases over the last four-years, no wonder LCSO has one of the highest paid command staff in the State.