PDA

View Full Version : Lt. Socorro fights for us & Where is our Union?

06-28-2011, 03:46 AM
Lt Socorro letter!! Why isnt our union protesting city hall mismanagement.

Good morning,

I don’t know if you are aware of the report last week regarding the city budget, its bleak. We are expected to have a short fall of over 50 Million dollars for the fiscal year 2011-2012. With the mayor saying that taxes will not be raised, I do not know how the budget can be reconciled without additional pay cuts to its employees. The disheartening part is that it appears that no attempt is being made to address the fiscal irresponsibleness within the police department. We generate a large amount of needless overtime among other needless costs.

TOS is a failed experiment. We removed officers from patrol to staff the section and as a result we need to fill vacancies in patrol with overtime. Yet total crime was up 1.5 percent, homicides were up 15 percent, along with other violent crimes by the end of 2010, in comparison to 2009. Total arrests were down 23 percent by the end of 2010 and presently down about 25 percent from that. Additionally, self initiated calls for service have decreased over 16 percent. We are providing a reduced level of service yet incurring additional expenditures even though the personnel within the department have not changed within the last several years.

Another depiction of fiscal irresponsibleness is the actions we engage in that have caused civil litigation. Why would we expose ourselves to lawsuits by acting beyond the scope of our authority, while representing the City of Miami, and make accusatory statements? That only generates additional expenditures (law suits) that have to be paid for by either the public or the employees.

When will the city administration open their eyes and see that our policing philosophy has been the foundation of unpredictable encounters resulting in actions leading to multi-million dollar lawsuits and irresponsible speech that has also led to multi-million dollar law suits?

Raimundo J. Socorro
Lieutenant
Raimundo.Socorro@Miami-Police.org

"It is not the obligatory character of the rule laid down by an individual that makes us respect this individual, it is the respect we feel for the individual that makes us regard as obligatory the rule he lays down."
Jean Piaget

06-28-2011, 04:01 AM
Where is our union war?

06-28-2011, 04:36 AM
TOS is a failed experiment? Then why did you fight to go back to TOS ? and your right, we dont do useless arrest that t'money was famous for. We know you miss Timoney and he took the red carpet and left you guys behind.

06-28-2011, 04:43 AM
TOS is a failed experiment? Then why did you fight to go back to TOS ? and your right, we dont do useless arrest that t'money was famous for. We know you miss Timoney and he took the red carpet and left you guys behind.

TOS is the best. Record lows in many areas of crime. Keep up the good work chief. You make us proud.

06-28-2011, 04:55 AM
Leave the man alone he is at war with everyone. A rebel without a cause , anoter keyboard comando that talks garbage about everyone ESPECIALLY on this blog. He is hoping there is change but the chief has thwarted his efforts every step of the way...

06-28-2011, 04:56 AM
I totally agree with you Ray, this administration due to their lack of knowledge, and experience as managers, have taken the fake it but look good nobody will notice attitude. Guest what; everybody has noticed the attitude of this administration mean while the city’s finances are crumbling.

The bulk of the mismanaging is the labor relations are due to numerous law suits, because the administration has no knowledgein the field.

06-28-2011, 05:00 AM
This is true, the guys are out there not knowing what they are doing, their leadership doesn't even know what they are doing.

06-28-2011, 05:05 AM
Tell'em brother Ray!

Tell'em brother Ray!

Tell'em brother Ray!

06-28-2011, 05:36 AM
http://scnn99.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/slot_machine_queen.jpg
I can't even play the makinitas with TOS around.

06-28-2011, 05:39 AM
Fop where are u fuc. Ks! Thank you Ray
who else is going to fight for our rights? Step up

06-28-2011, 08:32 AM
Seek medical attention dude your of the plank and one flew overs the cuckoos nest. take the meds amd get better. Stop posting about yourself no o e cares about your silly memos. Your good for entertainment purposes only past that your a joke.

06-28-2011, 10:52 AM
Crime has always been here, the different now is that true reporting is occurring . Timoney and his Commanders did a great job changing signals and under reporting crimes. Those days are gone and if we continue to lose more cops I can all most asssure You that crime will go up regards who is the Chief.

06-28-2011, 11:19 AM
http://scnn99.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/slot_machine_queen.jpg
I can't even play the makinitas with TOS around.

06-28-2011, 12:40 PM
Thank you Lt. at least your doing something.

06-28-2011, 01:35 PM
The numbers of self initiated calls and arrests are commensurate to our pay and benefits reductions. You get what you pay for.

06-28-2011, 03:39 PM
Crime went up 1% Lieutenant? thats what your worried about? the worse financial crisis of this city and thats the best you can do? Why dont you do a comparison of the amount of useless arrest done during the timoney era signal 35 "open beer violations," street flower vendors and crack pipes? thats all you guys did.

06-28-2011, 09:19 PM
So let me get this right? Crime is up a whole 1% and we're causing budgetary shortfalls with our overtime?? I'm sure either of those topics have anything to do with our economic crisis and poor planning and corrupted decision making of our politicians. Ray if u would have never been demoted u would not be staging this war against the chief. You're not the invisible man but we see through you. Stop bashing T.O.S. and the chief for your woes. Take ur meds and stop stressing all which u have no control over. Remember when u used to bleed blue and not green?!! :cop:

06-29-2011, 03:17 AM
This is like being on the Titanic cruise and as the water is rising you hear a man in the corner of the dinning hall yell, hey!! " my dinner sucks cook me something else or I will write a memo"

06-29-2011, 04:28 AM
Socorro is nothing but a pu$$y. He handed up his buddies up in 2002 who were planting guns at scenes along with him.

They did the time while he continued to work in the PD. And some of you guys actually look up to this clown? Wow.

06-29-2011, 04:40 AM
Leave Ray alone.

Writing useless memos as a hobby is the therapy he needs to forget he has gotten his azz kicked by the chief each step of the way.

Way to go Ray! Those memos really motivate us. LOL.

07-09-2011, 03:21 AM
Lt Socorro for President of FOP