PDA

View Full Version : X-Ray Truck

06-20-2011, 02:45 AM
I thought I seen yall's X-ray truck in the Auto-trader. How many miles is on her and what kind of mpg do you get?

06-20-2011, 04:32 PM
Low miles because they never get used, MPG unknown due to not moving more than a few hundred yards @ a time. Plus they are useless.

06-20-2011, 06:50 PM
This was a federally funded program. The money is gone. They will be taken out of service as they break down. No more service contract. It happens to a lot of programs from every agency. Glad they'll be going soon so we can get back to our core mission.

"What Ya Got Driver"

06-24-2011, 07:20 PM
I'll Be glad when the TRS is gone!

06-24-2011, 07:29 PM

AMEN!!!!

06-27-2011, 08:42 PM

AMEN!!!!

Once the federal funding drops off for TRS it will go the way of K9, VACIS, CARL, etc..

07-14-2011, 03:15 PM
Does anyone else feel useless at Aglaw?

07-14-2011, 11:29 PM
I-75 slackis truck gone and the one from I-10 going to I-75

08-18-2011, 10:01 PM
AG Law should fight to hold every inch of gound we have got. If you feel worthles then quit so we can get a good officer. AG Law provides unique services. We protect Florida's vital AG industry. We protect our fantastic Forests that no one else patrols ( try to find FWC, I can't). We investigate consumer complaints that no one else will touch. And. We are in a very unique position to provide homeland security to Florida by screening incoming commercial vehicles. Instead of whimpering and hiding our heads in the sand we should be promoting ourselves. I say keep at least 2 VACIS trucks. One to cover I 10 / I 75 and one to cover I 95. Revive one K 9 unit to cover the I 10 and I 75 area. Pick a physically fit Officer and large K9 dog and cross train the dog to scent trail so that it will be a real police dog when needed. No bite dog, just a dog to track fleeing suspects when needed. No this would not violate the neutrality gods. Last. Get those M14 rifles out of storage and put two each at I 10, I 75 and I 95 so that when that fatefull day arrives that a Mexican drug gang or Islamic terrorist shows at the ramp. Our Officers will be pro actively prepared to deal with it instead of another tragic story of unprepared Officers at the mercy of heavily armed assailants. The M14 is not sexy and new but you do not want to be on the wrong end of it. OK. Stay stong AG law . Just because we are paid like were security guards does not mean we are. Be proud and strong and fight for our agency.

08-20-2011, 04:42 AM
AG Law should fight to hold every inch of gound we have got. If you feel worthles then quit so we can get a good officer. AG Law provides unique services. We protect Florida's vital AG industry. We protect our fantastic Forests that no one else patrols ( try to find FWC, I can't). We investigate consumer complaints that no one else will touch. And. We are in a very unique position to provide homeland security to Florida by screening incoming commercial vehicles. Instead of whimpering and hiding our heads in the sand we should be promoting ourselves. I say keep at least 2 VACIS trucks. One to cover I 10 / I 75 and one to cover I 95. Revive one K 9 unit to cover the I 10 and I 75 area. Pick a physically fit Officer and large K9 dog and cross train the dog to scent trail so that it will be a real police dog when needed. No bite dog, just a dog to track fleeing suspects when needed. No this would not violate the neutrality gods. Last. Get those M14 rifles out of storage and put two each at I 10, I 75 and I 95 so that when that fatefull day arrives that a Mexican drug gang or Islamic terrorist shows at the ramp. Our Officers will be pro actively prepared to deal with it instead of another tragic story of unprepared Officers at the mercy of heavily armed assailants. The M14 is not sexy and new but you do not want to be on the wrong end of it. OK. Stay stong AG law . Just because we are paid like were security guards does not mean we are. Be proud and strong and fight for our agency.
Good luck with that. I'd be more prepared to merge with FWC than being super cops.

08-21-2011, 03:27 AM
if we cant roam at least let us go out and sit on other highways in the panhandle where we know people go around us. give us radar for the trucks barreling up the ramp at 65 and then blowing the stop sign. allow us to get into stuff when we are on a 10-50 and back up your officers and give us respect.

08-21-2011, 11:33 PM
Seriously. They will never allow officers to roam around, run radar, and do everything else normal cops do. They do not want that. AG is a REGULATORY law enforcement agency. They do not want to be any more full service then they have to be. Any officers who want to go be full service, not "real" but full service, need to find a new agency.

And as for merging with FWC. Come on. FWC has some of the most strict hiring standards in state law enforcement. Their physical requirements alone would not allow 90 percent of this department to even be considered. They have mandatory annual fitness requirements that must be met.

Look, AG is on the chopping block, but so are a lot of agencies whether they want to admit it or not. But as for now, this is a good place to work. Just dont try to make out it for more than it is. It is not now and never will be a full service agency, or even as full service as some want. Radar/Laser, roaming, assisting other agencies besides a drive-by wave, never gonna happen.

08-22-2011, 11:29 AM
Dreamin, you should change your name to road guard. Skip the radars but assisting other agencies does happen and well it should. We are State Police Officers.

08-22-2011, 07:39 PM
Dreamin, you should change your name to road guard. Skip the radars but assisting other agencies does happen and well it should. We are State Police Officers.

Read your badge you are not "State Police Officers" you are Law Enforcement Officers.

08-23-2011, 11:43 AM
Badges! I dun nid to read no stinkin badges .

12-01-2011, 10:36 PM
Make an arrest for 570.15(2) for someone who willing bypassed when he knew he had to stop and see what they tell you. Apparently its too harsh of a charge. They don't even want you to enforce thier mission specific laws. Write a ticket for a horse hauler and watch the agency take the violators side.

12-02-2011, 12:52 AM
Make an arrest for 570.15(2) for someone who willing bypassed when he knew he had to stop and see what they tell you. Apparently its too harsh of a charge. They don't even want you to enforce thier mission specific laws. Write a ticket for a horse hauler and watch the agency take the violators side.

Soon there will be no agency to have a mission so do not sweat it to much.

12-08-2011, 04:36 AM

Ready to merge! :D

12-09-2011, 04:42 PM

Nothing will change. They will get rid of a few higher up positions, there will still be no take home cars and no pay parity with whom ever the merger is with. You will still be stuck in the chicken coop waving on trucks. The only thing a merger will do is keep them from shutting the agency down.

12-11-2011, 11:11 PM

Nothing will change. They will get rid of a few higher up positions, there will still be no take home cars and no pay parity with whom ever the merger is with. You will still be stuck in the chicken coop waving on trucks. The only thing a merger will do is keep them from shutting the agency down.

I don't know a merger may change things drastically.

12-12-2011, 01:41 AM

I don't know a merger may change things drastically.

Oh like it did for DOT........ Keep believing it......You still believe in Santa Claus also???

01-18-2012, 02:07 AM
I find it awkward reading the old boards. I have been gone from Ag for a while now, and reading the same old stuff that has been posted for years now seems awkward. I can only guess that its because I am on the outside looking in now.

Everyone who has ever applied with Ag is fully aware that you work in a fixed location. You are also aware (weather you admit it or not) that the agency that you are applying to is cursed with a stigma of being less than the typical police job. One of the reasons you applied might be that and you are pretty much guaranteed to get hired or you are ready for a slower pace and just plain tired of the domestic law enforcement. With Ag you get the high risk, (which is getting less and less appealing), you have a "police" car with blue lights, a badge, and a gun (Please don't mistake a "Police car" with a "Patrol car". For many old timers it is a great score, for the rookie....not so much. Bottom line is 2+2=4, no matter how much you hope and wish, no matter how hard you search the truck, check the bills, or profile them outta state plates 2+2 will never equal 6. You are working for a "REGULATORY" law enforcement agency and as long as you do you will never patrol a zone or be considered a first response agency. You will always find yourself at the back of the line and left out of the loop during times of multi-jurisdictional responses. (ie: Natural Disasters, etc.) Please focus on the ALWAYS and NEVER.. If you want more than this you should most definitely start preparations to leave for another agency.

Now I am not saying you cannot have fun with AG. If you bust you butt and look really hard without end, and if you have a decent shift partner, you will find dope,cash,and plenty of other nice cases, But they will be few and far between. Beware, it is crucial to have a good partner as you are only as good as the guy sitting in the window when you are checking the trucks, and if he is crap at searching he will never find anything in the trucks you pull for them.

I am sorry but I have to agree with some of the nay-sayers. This is where my views have changed since leaving. Your jobs are not secure and if Ag is not cut altogether there will be civilian positions in your place in the future. Now I know there is plenty who will cry fowl and bring up the casualties of the past. But, the reasoning is that really...the only reason Ag is still even considered is the DOR profits, Inspecting trucks will be a thing of the past and when the inspections go so will the badges, cars and guns.

I should have realized it sooner but when ever the step pay plan was eliminated is when all of us should have left state law enforcement for good. As it stands you will work your entire career for the state and retire as a rookie's paycheck.

01-18-2012, 09:17 PM
There may be a merger in AG Laws future but I doubt it. The Consolidation Committee put a lot of work to get where they got which is. DEP and CARL Officers go to FWC because one agency can handle the woodlands. DOT goes to FHP because one agency can handle the highways. The AG stations were discussed and the idea was flatly rejected because AG Law is mission specific. If you like your AG job then relax you are probably safe. If you do not like it then fight to change it or look on down the road. Be safe.