PDA

View Full Version : New City Manager Garcia-Pedraza

06-18-2011, 01:39 AM
Mr. Garcia-Pedraza has been seen several times discussing his proposal as the new city manager at least at two different locations; La Loggia Downtown and Latin American Coral Way, witnesses stated they were very friendly, shaking hands, laughting, and stayed at each place for over an hour and a half, the figure of 250,000 is being accepted as the total compesation package .....

He will become the new city manager this week as expected.

06-18-2011, 01:44 AM
I saw it too when I went to get cofee, very, very, very friendly at latin with the mayor american, this is the next city manager, is he friends with exposito?

06-18-2011, 01:59 AM
I saw it too when I went to get cofee, very, very, very friendly at latin with the mayor american, this is the next city manager, is he friends with exposito?

I don't know if he's friends with the chief but I know he's real tight with Alvarez.

06-18-2011, 11:47 AM

I don't know if he's friends with the chief but I know he's real tight with Alvarez.

Yes the guy is tight with Alvarez.

06-22-2011, 04:10 AM
This did not happen...come on guys, get your facts together!!!

06-23-2011, 07:15 PM
Miami Mayor Tomas Regalado tried to sound a reassuring note this morning while introducing Miami's third city manager in six months. The hiring of Johnny Martinez, previously assistant city manager, should reassure investors that Miami is on sound footing, Regalado said. "We have a functional government," he said. "We have a stable government."

Martinez, though, admitted his work -- including a police department in turmoil and a $40 million budget gap -- won't be easy. "We have a tough road ahead," he said. "We'll work to give you the best service possible."

Martinez, who was brought on board by former City Manager Carlos Migoya, offered few hints about how he'd try to right the wobbly city finances and management.

He said he plans to meet with city unions today to discuss their contacts, but declined to discuss his strategy.

As for Police Chief Miguel Exposito -- who has survived a spate of controversial shootings and an embarrassing reality show gaffe -- Martinez said he planned to review his work "along with all other departmental heads."

Asked point blank by Jim DeFede whether Regalado has asked him to fire Exposito, Martinez said, "No."

Martinez was flanked by every city commissioner except Frank Carollo, who was attending an accounting class and had pledged to support the hire, Regalado said.

His salary has yet to be determined, Regalado said.

Here's video of Regalado's introduction and Martinez's brief comments:

Follow Miami New Times on Facebook and Twitter @MiamiNewTimes.