PDA

View Full Version : re-alignment?

05-27-2011, 02:50 PM
What has everyone/anyone heard about re-alignment or whatever they are calling it. In other words there will be shifting of positions to fill shortages elsewhere. Just position numbers, how would that be possible it would have to be bodies unless they are hiring. So what have you heard??? :?:

05-27-2011, 11:08 PM
What has everyone/anyone heard about re-alignment or whatever they are calling it. In other words there will be shifting of positions to fill shortages elsewhere. Just position numbers, how would that be possible it would have to be bodies unless they are hiring. So what have you heard??? :?:

I heard that some people may be forced South. That they were told they can use that 50 mile rule to help even out caseloads with officers starting July 1st.

05-28-2011, 04:28 AM
Why south? Are the caseloads higher in the southern region?

05-28-2011, 05:31 PM
Why south? Are the caseloads higher in the southern region?

They have a bad turnover problem in the southern areas and losing those 132 positions starting 7/1/11 keeps them from replacing many of the positions and they want caseloads to be equalized some so dont be surprised if some people are moned one office south.

05-28-2011, 09:09 PM
how do you lose more employees down south when you are making 1000s more with that GOOD TIME ...CAD $$$...? Could it just be Dade and Broward (Beth Atkinson) is just all screwed up?

05-28-2011, 10:16 PM
Like a soup sandwich! :snicker:

05-28-2011, 10:52 PM
Because the Governor and the legislators of this state just screwed every employee in the department of correction you dill wad where have you been

05-28-2011, 10:55 PM
And pba just sat back and watched us get screwed!

05-28-2011, 11:17 PM
how do you lose more employees down south when you are making 1000s more with that GOOD TIME ...CAD $$$...? Could it just be Dade and Broward (Beth Atkinson) is just all screwed up?

CAD doesn't even come close to making up for the higher cost of living in Dade and Broward and those counties down south. :lol:

05-28-2011, 11:23 PM
Parts of the prison side are going private. We have been laid off on the probation side. Is this the kind of treatment you pay a union to do for the members. Look, even if you do not want to join another union, stop wasting your money on pba. Thry have failed.

05-29-2011, 02:13 AM
Parts of the prison side are going private. We have been laid off on the probation side. Is this the kind of treatment you pay a union to do for the members. Look, even if you do not want to join another union, stop wasting your money on pba. Thry have failed.
Teamsters are not the answer. I know they are comming but I will be saving my money. I might need it if I am fired or when I am forced out which ever comes sooner. The PBA will not be doing any legal challenges now because they know they are out and the teamsters legal department is a joke. DOC!!! its over with; I would like to say only the strong will survive but I doubt it. It will be more like the lucky as well as the most politically connected. Remember everyone needs to vote 2012 and payback.

05-29-2011, 02:57 AM

CAD doesn't even come close to making up for the higher cost of living in Dade and Broward and those counties down south. :lol:

YEA ALMOST AS HIGH AS COLLIER OH WAIT COLLIER DOESN'T GET CAD.

05-29-2011, 02:57 AM

A post from a clueless employee! Our CAD? Our CAD has never been increased despite that south florida's cost of living has gone up an average of 5% or 6% year! And of course we have not had a raise for over five years! As a result, south florida has a high turn over rate resulting with more replacement employees who have less time in service. So most of the layoffs will occurr down south. So come on down, enjoy your increase pay becuse of your new CAD rate!, and good look finding an affordable place to live! :evil:

05-29-2011, 11:50 AM
"Our CAD has never been increased despite that south florida's cost of living has gone up an average of 5% or 6% year!"

FIRST and LAST: YOU DO NOT DESERVE ONE RED CENT MORE THAN YOUR FELLOW OFFICERS!!! Have you ever tried to conduct PROFESSIONAL DC business in SOUTH FLORIDA. ***3rd. WORLD COUNTRY*** Are you to old to remember the MIAMI PD hiring of minorities. IT SPELLED ONE THING: CORRUPTION . COST OF LIVING? Do you know what the answer to CAD is: .....PRIVATIZATION.... And if there is one place that is deserving....SOUTH FLORIDA....

CPO PRAYER: Please dear Jesus take all the CAD MONEY away and give the ...ALL... CPOs a 3% cost of living adjustment so I can feed and clothed my family.

PS: Do they still play SPANISH MUSIC across the ENTIRE the FIU campus???....They did in 1988!!!

[[/b]quote="Guest"]

A post from a clueless employee! Our CAD? Our CAD has never been increased despite that south florida's cost of living has gone up an average of 5% or 6% year! And of course we have not had a raise for over five years! As a result, south florida has a high turn over rate resulting with more replacement employees who have less time in service. So most of the layoffs will occurr down south. So come on down, enjoy your increase pay becuse of your new CAD rate!, and good look finding an affordable place to live! :evil:[/quote]

Open Carry Man
06-01-2011, 12:32 AM

Trust me, the CAD has never compensated for the higher costs of living, especially in Broward, Miami-Dade, and Monroe Counties.

It's not just the higher cost of housing; it's the higher cost of car insurance and other little things.

06-01-2011, 04:45 PM
"REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER"!

06-02-2011, 01:25 AM
FIRST and LAST: YOU DO NOT DESERVE ONE RED CENT MORE THAN YOUR FELLOW OFFICERS!!! Have you ever tried to conduct PROFESSIONAL DC business in SOUTH FLORIDA. ***3rd. WORLD COUNTRY[/b]*** Are you to old to remember the MIAMI PD hiring of minorities. IT SPELLED ONE THING: CORRUPTION . COST OF LIVING? Do you know what the answer to CAD is: .....PRIVATIZATION.... And if there is one place that is deserving....SOUTH FLORIDA....

CPO PRAYER: Please dear Jesus take all the CAD MONEY away and give the ...ALL... CPOs a 3% cost of living adjustment so I can feed and clothed my family.

PS: Do they still play SPANISH MUSIC across the ENTIRE the FIU campus???....They did in 1988!!!

As someone who lives down here in the real world, I want to thank you for taking time off from humping your sister to post such an eloquent post you racist, cross-burning, red-neck. I went to FIU and never heard spanish music once. Remember when you're enlightening us with your racist rant that it was y'all north of the lake that voted our marvelous Gov. in. Meanwhile, I'll take my CAD and go have a drink. Why don't you get off your sister, open up a PBR quart, pour on your left hand, and get your date drunk. :devil:

CPT Aubrey
06-02-2011, 02:01 AM
My, oh my.

We are now doing exactly what the Scott crowd wants. One CPO against another. CO's against CPO's. Public against private.

CAD, you've got to be kidding me. Folks point the finger at CAD when the starting salary for a college grad working for the state is about $30,000 grand a year?

Hell, the medium income in the US is $40,000.

For the uneducated, medium means half make more, half make less.

Geeze.

You ought to worry about the fact that there has not been a new CPO class in over a year and 1/2.

You ought to worry about the fact that just this year, a bill was passed eliminating half the number of hours it takes to be a certified CO- and they have more union umph than we ever thought.

You ought to be worried about the fact that there is a rumor going around that the head of FDLE has recommended the decertification of CPO's. FDLE of course runs the Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission (CJSTC).

You ought to be worried about the fact that there is not one single CPO representative on CJSTC.

You ought to worry about the fact that for every CPO who is shit canned and or retired, there is intense scrutiny by the chain wether this slot should be filled.

CAD? I'm worried about CAD?

LO F-N L.

You have to be kidding me.

06-02-2011, 02:38 AM
My, oh my.

We are now doing exactly what the Scott crowd wants. One CPO against another. CO's against CPO's. Public against private.

CAD, you've got to be kidding me. Folks point the finger at CAD when the starting salary for a college grad working for the state is about $30,000 grand a year?

Hell, the medium income in the US is $40,000.

For the uneducated, medium means half make more, half make less.

Geeze.

You ought to worry about the fact that there has not been a new CPO class in over a year and 1/2.

You ought to worry about the fact that just this year, a bill was passed eliminating half the number of hours it takes to be a certified CO- and they have more union umph than we ever thought.

You ought to be worried about the fact that there is a rumor going around that the head of FDLE has recommended the decertification of CPO's. FDLE of course runs the Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission (CJSTC).

You ought to be worried about the fact that there is not one single CPO representative on CJSTC.

You ought to worry about the fact that for every CPO who is shizzat canned and or retired, there is intense scrutiny by the chain wether this slot should be filled.

CAD? I'm worried about CAD?

LO F-N L.

You have to be kidding me.

Damn.

There's a hell of lot more to be worried about than this.

Was in a discussion with the head of CC. She even said the privatization push ain't over.

06-08-2011, 11:44 PM
There's a hell of lot more to be worried about than this.

Was in a discussion with the head of CC. She even said the privatization push ain't over.[/quote]

This is what's disturbing, NO ONE has put the word out in the media. Just think how ripe the public is for sex offender, sex predator and career criminal scare tactics.

06-09-2011, 12:26 AM
Fine, privatize. I don't give a damn. This job sucks and it pays shit! All I say is Bring it One, because I don't give a crap. I was born with nothing and I can die with nothing. I don't care about anything anymore!