PDA

View Full Version : The Line in the Sand

05-17-2011, 12:31 AM
On Bushong's website. Does he mean how MS has f'd all of us, or does he mean the DS issue?

Making It Right: It’s Your Tax Dollars Lee County

Thank you for your heartfelt support!

You may be wondering how I am going to confront and rectify the budget issues of the Lee County Sheriff’s Office. There have been plenty of opportunities for the leadership of the Sheriff’s Office to demonstrate a responsible fiscal program, while providing outstanding law enforcement services and our great heroes with the pay, equipment, training and support they deserve. The Sheriff’s Office is responsible for spending nearly 50% of our tax dollars.

Any skepticism you may have is perfectly understandable. Year after year millions of our dollars are spent, yet as taxpayers we see no measurable change in the status quo.

You and I work hard every day. We pay our taxes and nothing changes. As a taxpayer myself, I hear you, understand you and agree with you. It has to stop. It has to stop now. The budgetary “line in the sand” has to be drawn, before more of our money ends up disappearing down the dark black hole of inappropriate spending and complete mismanagement of funds. Unfortunately, I cannot help with the current budget cycle. But I can and will make it right when you hire me as Sheriff of Lee County in 2012.

First, let me make this one point very clear. As Sheriff of Lee County, I will be working for and with you; not against and without you. Whether you are a private citizen or a member of the LCSO team, I will work hand in hand with you in order to achieve levels of efficiency and effectiveness that all deserve, and which you do not now have.

To get into specific details about my plans at this point is premature, specifically because events that have not yet occurred (which are being considered and which ultimately will be carried out by the current administration), will play a role in how I make changes for success (how I fix the budget).

What I would like to share with you now is this.

Let’s start with an illustration: When a raindrop falls into a puddle, science exists to determine exactly when the drop fell, where the drop came from, where it landed, how fast it was going, what angle it entered the puddle at, how heavy it was, and much more - simply because the information (data) of the complete interaction between the drop and the puddle is never truly lost. It’s hard for all of us to conceive this notion, but it is there, hidden away at the smallest levels, ready for discovery.

In the financial world, information cannot be lost either. No matter how hard someone may try to obscure or hide its existence, the irregular path money takes as a result of mismanagement, carefree spending and poor implementation is always traceable – down to the penny. In essence: the money can run, but it cannot hide.

I am deconstructing the budget. It is an ongoing process. I am retrieving information that the current administration doesn’t want you to know and I am identifying the processes and decisions that have resulted in nearly a decade of waste, neglect and total disregard for how our money is spent. We are now seeing the results of this waste – station closures, program cuts, reduced services. Over the next several months, I will provide you with the details of my plan. I will explain to you how this plan will treat and cure the sick financial condition of the Lee County Sheriff’s Office.

Let there be no question, I will cure the budget while providing team members with the pay, equipment, training and support they deserve. I will maximize your tax dollars, because I understand that as the Sheriff of Lee County I work for all of you.

Let’s Make it Right!

-Lee Bushong

Republican for Lee County Sheriff

http://lee2012.com/2011/05/16/making-it-right-the-peoples-budget/

05-17-2011, 01:04 AM
Looks like someone is gearing to take the balded one on HEAD-ON!

It's about time!

Go, Lee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

05-17-2011, 06:59 AM
Here is a guy who is not part of the good ole boy system. He's not a swat member.

Lee is a breath of fresh air. He will bring us into the modern age. He is against the philosophy "It's been this way forever, it needs to stay this way..."

A progressive, aggressive agency with intelligence and the community at heart deserves Lee's vote. Lee used to have a tag on his email that said something like, "Aggressive and relentless pressure on the criminal element." I want to be part of that type of law enforcement.

I am not Lee. But I have talked to him. He's learned a lot these last 2 years. And, no, he is not bringing anyone back from the past. MS and his crew try to attack him personally. But, what do you expect from an uneducated corporal sheriff who is nothing more than that silly bald Nazi head.

Give it time. Listen to the issues. Forget friendships and whom knows who. Then, base your decision on what is right for you and your family.

For me and mine, Lee is the only choice.

05-19-2011, 12:59 AM
I agree.

Lee is our only chance. Mike's smile is only good for so far.

The thing I am looking forward to are the debates! Lee's website says he is picking the budget apart. Lee's anal about detective work (something MS never was) and I cannot wait for Lee to ROAST MS at the podium! Forget about hiring forensic examiners! HAHAHAHA. You go LEE!

I guarentee Lee will make MS cry. If only MS knew anything about law enforcement! Alas, he does not, and during a debate, he can't hide behind homan or allen.

This is AWESOME! Here is an outsider, never was a good ole boy (got his a$$ in a jam for it too) taking a stand for all of us. Real cops with a cop at the top and not some puppet.

LMFAO at MS :devil:

05-19-2011, 04:55 AM
I must disagree with you...Timmy Fisher is the guy that will bring the agency up to modren times, fair promotions and is respected by the men and women who serve!! LB to me is self centered person with an ego the size of Texas!! MS is done he should take his money and run to Tenn. I hope Timmy does annouce soon so we can start this thing going!!

TIMMY FOR SHERIFF AND FOR THE FUTURE OF THE LCSO!!!! :cop: