PDA

View Full Version : This is How You Treat Your Citizens?

05-10-2011, 06:43 PM
I see that the CCPD is still beating up citizens. Not only beat the kid up, but then didn't even arrest him or give him a ticket. How do you even begin to explain that? Same old people in command, same old actions on the force. I know, I know....a fellow officer got shot so you guys have to now be more physical, just in case. I believe when everyone of you decided to become a police officer, you knew exactly what you were getting into. Each of you have a chance of being shot at any time, just the same as I have a chance of being in an auto accident because I chose to get a driver's license and then drive a car. It comes with the job you chose and it wasn't a surprise. First your union wants to use Officer Wagner as an excuse to not cut your pay, now you're using him as an excuse to beat up citizens. Both of those officers should be charged with aggravated battery, just as any citizen would be. Just because you're wearing a badge, it doesn't give you permission to beat people up. Then you try to cya by forcing him to sign something stating that you didn't use excessive force or else you would take him to jail. Everything you did during that stop was illegal and you should both be sitting in that cold jail cell wearing reds until the courts decide to hear your case. You know, treated like the rest of us! Great thing you all are doing to change the public perception. Not working too well is it Murphy? Who are you guys trying to bluff?

05-10-2011, 09:22 PM
Sorry you are upset, we will have our most well spoken PIO get in touch with you. He will have you convinced we operate like Disney World and it is was all a big misunderstanding by the time he is finished speaking with you.

05-11-2011, 12:07 AM
Its a big scary world outside and away from your keyboard, CBI. Better buy a helmet.

06-04-2011, 07:40 PM
All police officers should have known the danger of the job before they apply. If they don't, they should learn at the academy. If not there, when they strap on a gun for the first time and are asked to qualify on the range. There are many steps along the way that should tell them that they are in a dangerous profession. The very day they can't accept that portion of the job, the very minute they let the inherant dangers of being a target for some nut case when they put on their uniform and start doing thing other than what they were taught, THEY SHOULD TURN IN THEIR RESIGNATION.

No police academy or department teaches that officers can pull a driver out of a car and slam them to the ground on a routine traffic stop just because he reaches for the glove compartment to get his registration or insurance card! They do this out of paranoia! No police academy or department teaches that officers who violate a person's civil rights and injure him, how to get out of it by having the victim write a statement that they didn't violate his rights or injure him! They do this to cover their illegal actions!

Police officers who commit illegal actions because of paranoia on the job have no business calling themselves "professionals." They should call themselves, "EX-POLICE OFFICERS." Using excuses like a fellow officer got shot in a traffic stop doesn't excuse their actions in the slightest, not legally or morally, it just shows these officers are not meant for the sometimes mentally challenging job of being a professional police officer. Their department should expect no less and the public should not settle for less.

It will be a sad day for all citizens when common traffic stops requires immediate back-up of other officers, when the driver doesn't react immediately the way the officers command, (hard of hearing, doesn't understand, has something else on his mind, or many other reasons) and we have drivers pulled from their cars, slammed to the ground, injured, AS A MATTER OF COURSE.

I believe this "US AGAINST THEM" attitude is picked up by officers from their youth watching the many "cop" shows on TV. Gone are the days when a nicely dressed police officer, uniform pressed, shoes shined, even a hat and tie, approaches you with a smile and courteously tell you in a friendly voice what you have done wrong. Now it is a tattooed, skin-head, dressed like a storm trooper, combat boots and black gloves, who treats you like an enemy instead of the person who pays their salary.

Any Chief that puts up with that type treatment of a citizen should be fired along with the officers.

06-04-2011, 10:05 PM
Extremely well said BenThere! It would be nice if the officer could put themselves in the civilian's shoes for once, or even imagine that it's one of their family members that they're dealing with. There certainly isn't anything wrong with being polite; nodding or smiling, or really just be pleasant when dealing with civilians.

Not all of us are criminals. Maybe a close family member has died and I neglected to mail my vehicle registration in time. Maybe the company my spouse worked for had to close due to the economy and I'm hoping within the next couple of weeks I can scrape enough money together to get my license renewed, or maybe I had to pay the electric bill before I could make that safety repair on my car. Maybe I just found out that my child had a drug addiction and I crossed a line once or twice as my mind was wandering. The ticket would be appropriate and I would then remember to be more careful when driving, but the biggest, lasting impression was how I was treated by that officer that gave me the ticket. He made me feel like the scum of the earth, accusing me of being under the influence, making me feel like I had committed an executable crime. Talking to me like they would talk to a convicted child molester. It only takes a second to smile and be nice about it. That stays with a person for a long time to come and makes them proud of their police department.

When the public see their officers stealing money by lying about their education, committing assault and/or battery on fellow officers and citizens, fraud, adultry, not being where they're supposed to be while on duty, excessive personal use of their police cars, having sex with underage girls, etc., it really makes a citizen wonder. Any and all of us would be arrested for any one of those items. What makes it okay for you, but not for us?? I know not all officers engage in these types of activities and I've met many down to earth, good hearted officers who are great at the job. It's just a shame that there are a few that taint the entire department. If you had a good leader, the bad apples would have been gone by now.

06-05-2011, 04:10 PM
Thanks, "believe it." You bring up some good points about attitude, both civilian and officer. We all have our bad days. That is why when I became a supervisor I implored my officers to "Use the violation, not the attitude of the offender as the determining factor for your actions, whether to give a ticket or warning on traffic stops." For instance you see a motorist roll thru a stop sign one morning and you are going to call it to his/her attention with a stop and warning. All of a sudden when the window goes down, there is an absolute "mental." The dog chewed up the morning paper, the wife burned the eggs an bacon, his kid missed the school bus making him late for work, and then the blue lights came on. YOU ARE THE LAST PERSON HE WANTS TO SEE! AND HE TELLS YOU SO IN HIS OWN CHOICE WORDS! Many officers tell me at that point, they wonder if they have enough tickets in their book to take care of this guy! WRONG! You stopped him to accomplish a mission, to WARN him of the danger of running a stop sign, not to get his vote for Officer of the Year or listen to how he respects your authority over him. You carry out your duties WITHOUT taking anything personal. He doesn't have to like you! But don't lower yourself to his level by being less of a man than he is. Write him the warning, wish him a good day, AND IMPROVE THE IMAGE OF EVERY POLICE OFFICER IN THE NATION!

It works, believe me. I had a strict personal code of writing a speeding ticket for 15 miles over the limit. One afternoon on Santa Barbara at 40th street I clocked a pickup at 59 in the 45 coming south over the bridge. I followed, radioed the stop, and turned on the lights. He didn't stop immediately, but made a left and pulled into a driveway. He got out and threw the D/L at me, ending up on the cement, as he told me, "You Cape cops are all the same, you pick on us working people, I have to go to the toilet, write you GD ticket and I'll be right out to sign it." With that he went to the house. I radioed in for a D/L check that was negative. I looked at my radar, it was 14 over. I wrote a warning ticket. When he came out, he had more to say, as he reached out for the ticket book and pen, "Give it here, I'll sign the f...ing thing, I hope you made your quota." Then he looked down at the smaller ticket book he held and saw the word, "WARNING"...sheepishly he looked at me, saying, in a different tone, "This is a warning? After what I said to you, you are giving me a warning?" I told him he didn't give me the chance to tell him what I stopped him for, and my policy of writing a ticket for 15 over and he was lucky. He couldn't wait to give me the book back and shake my hand, saying something like he never thought he would ever meet a Cape Coral police officer like me. I DIDN'T DO HIM ANY FAVOR TO WARRANT THAT REPLY, I JUST DID MY JOB FAIRLY AND HONESTLY, NOT TAKING HIS PERSONAL ATTACK ON ME INTO CONSIDERATION. AND THAT IS WHAT I STRIVED FOR IN MY SUPERVISION OF OFFICERS! AND I IMPROVED THE IMAGE OF ALL CAPE OFFICERS IMMEDIATELY IN THE MIND OF ONE CITIZEN.

Until we get a police chief who thinks that way, and treats the officers in THE SAME WAY, FAIRLY AND HONESTLY, YOU WILL HAVE DISGRUNTLED OFFICERS DEALING WITH THE PUIBLIC AND TAKING THEIR MORALE ISSUES OUT ON THEM.

06-05-2011, 08:06 PM
You let him go back in the house? Did he flush his dope or worst he could have come back out with a gun. Come read what you write before you send it. Being nice like that will get you killed. Also use better words than "sheepishly" and you were a supervisor?

06-05-2011, 09:53 PM
You let him go back in the house? Did he flush his dope or worst he could have come back out with a gun. Come read what you write before you send it. Being nice like that will get you killed. Also use better words than "sheepishly" and you were a supervisor?
Your attitude is what gets more officers in trouble, before IA, and actually gets them killed. It is called either paranoia or violation of civil rights. Either one leaves a bad taste in the citizen's mouth. And I don't have to re-read this post, I've told this story so many times to stress points.

Lets take your comments and break them down. Yes, I let him go in the house to the bathroom. Remember I stopped him for speeding, not a drug suspect, not a felony suspect, not an escaped criminal, JUST A ORDINARY, WORKING CITIZENS THAT PAID MY SALARY. I would have little right to deny him entrance to his home. If I did, and he objected, I would have to escalate an ordinary traffic stop into an arrest situation. Oh, yes, I could have been a real pr..k with a 20 pound badge on my chest and threatened to arrest him for failure to obey a lawful ? (not too sure whether the courts would uphold the LAWFUL)order. With his attitude, certainly that would call for handcuffs, backup, etc., (yes, and laying myself open for injury, death or false arrest) FOR WHAT...REMEMBER, I STOPPED HIM WITH THE INTENT TO GIVE HIM A WARNING TICKET FOR SPEEDING...THAT IS ALMOST THE SCENARIO THAT STARTED THIS THREAD ABOUT THE GUY PULLED OUT OF HIS CAR AND SLAMMED TO THE GROUND FOR WHAT CRIME?) I was sure of myself on every occasion and didn't have the idea in the back of my mind that every citizen was a cop killer, just waiting to pump bullets into me. THE MINUTE I WOULD START THINKING THAT WAY IS THE MINUTE I WOULD HAVE WALKED IN AND LAID THE BADGE AND GUN ON THE CHIEF'S DESK.

So he went in the house to use the bathroom...and maybe flush dope. Now you tell me if he had stayed outside with me, how I would go about finding that dope? REMEMBER THIS IS AN ORDINARY TRAFFIC STOP, WITH NO "PROBABLE CAUSE" FOR ANY SEARCH OF HIM OR HIS TRUCK. Oh, yes, I know I could do the macho thing, (even though it would never hold up in court) like many young hot-shots do and ask the guy, "Do you mind if I search your truck?" WHAT WOULD YOU DO THEN IF HE SAID, "NO, YOU DON'T HAVE ANY REASON!" So lets play your game and refuse to let the guy go in an relieve himself. As he stands in the hot sun while I write his warning ticket, peeing in his pants, his idea of ALL CAPE COPS IS ELEVATED TO THE POINT WHERE THE NEXT OFFICER IS GOING TO HAVE REAL TROUBLE WITH HIM......so he signs the warning, goes in the house, flushes his dope, and changes his pants....

In radioing his plate, I knew that the chancces of him being wanted was reduced...In radioing his D/L info, the chances of him being a wanted criminal was reducedf further. So all of a sudden he thinks about killing a cop, grabs a gun from the house and comes out firing, (Your scenario, hatched from a paranoid mind set). I Sir, believe in God. He rode with me every minute of my life. HE gave me a good brain, a compassionate spirit, and an EXCELLENT AIM! DAMN, I WOULD THINK, I MADE A MISTAKE, NOW I HAVE TO CHANGE THE WARNING TICKET AND REVOKE HIS BIRTH CERTIFICATE. THAT IS WHEN ALL OF THE HOURS SPENT ON THE RANGE, ALL THE TRAINING, SHOULD COME IN HANDY. DAMN, HATE THOSE USE OF FORCE REPORTS.

If I were you, I would "sheepishly" look at what you wrote, think about it, and realize how utterly ridiculous it was, and if you are a police officer, first thing tomorrow morning I would contact the department shrink and do something about that paranoid mind set that every traffic stop is cop killer at the wheel. It is an attitude that will drive you crazy, cost the life of an innocent person, or your own as you escalate every situation. HAVE A GOOD DAY, AND BE SAFE OUT THERE...THERE IS A COP KILLER BEHIND THE WHEEL OF EVERY CAR AND COMING OUT OF EVERY HOUSE!

06-05-2011, 11:22 PM
Just what we need another know it all on this site who get his information from cop websites.

06-06-2011, 12:19 AM
Just what we need another know it all on this site who get his information from cop websites.
No, I don't pretend to "know it all" but judging from your post about my handling of a simple traffic stop that I used as an example for other Cape officers to use to enhance public confidence and support, I feel I know a lot more about police work than you will ever know. And this answer above just proves that if you are a police officer, then you subscribe to the macho, hot-shot creed that many young officers fall into when their badge weighs more than their brains. I just hope if you are a Cape officer that your replies were just for argument, not true feelings, because we surely don't need any more officers on the road with those "public be-darned" attitudes. Those CCPD officers who read this thread, and back his way of thinking, ask yourselves, is it any wonder why you face a hostile city council, backed by a hostile citizenry, who are now demanding pay cuts and more contributions to benefits? The FOP is a wonderful organization, but they can only do so much. It is up to every officer who meets the public to create in them the feeling that you really believe in the motto, "Protect and Serve."

As to my "getting my information from cop websites," I could write for those sites from experience that guys like you will never get because with an attitude like that, your days in LE will be numbered.

06-06-2011, 01:44 AM
yeah yeah your great shakespeare responses and a dollar will get you a good cup of coffee. Good night Tackleberry

06-07-2011, 04:52 AM
Thanks, "believe it." You bring up some good points about attitude, both civilian and officer. We all have our bad days. That is why when I became a supervisor I implored my officers to "Use the violation, not the attitude of the offender as the determining factor for your actions, whether to give a ticket or warning on traffic stops." For instance you see a motorist roll thru a stop sign one morning and you are going to call it to his/her attention with a stop and warning. All of a sudden when the window goes down, there is an absolute "mental." The dog chewed up the morning paper, the wife burned the eggs an bacon, his kid missed the school bus making him late for work, and then the blue lights came on. YOU ARE THE LAST PERSON HE WANTS TO SEE! AND HE TELLS YOU SO IN HIS OWN CHOICE WORDS! Many officers tell me at that point, they wonder if they have enough tickets in their book to take care of this guy! WRONG! You stopped him to accomplish a mission, to WARN him of the danger of running a stop sign, not to get his vote for Officer of the Year or listen to how he respects your authority over him. You carry out your duties WITHOUT taking anything personal. He doesn't have to like you! But don't lower yourself to his level by being less of a man than he is. Write him the warning, wish him a good day, AND IMPROVE THE IMAGE OF EVERY POLICE OFFICER IN THE NATION!

It works, believe me. I had a strict personal code of writing a speeding ticket for 15 miles over the limit. One afternoon on Santa Barbara at 40th street I clocked a pickup at 59 in the 45 coming south over the bridge. I followed, radioed the stop, and turned on the lights. He didn't stop immediately, but made a left and pulled into a driveway. He got out and threw the D/L at me, ending up on the cement, as he told me, "You Cape cops are all the same, you pick on us working people, I have to go to the toilet, write you GD ticket and I'll be right out to sign it." With that he went to the house. I radioed in for a D/L check that was negative. I looked at my radar, it was 14 over. I wrote a warning ticket. When he came out, he had more to say, as he reached out for the ticket book and pen, "Give it here, I'll sign the f...ing thing, I hope you made your quota." Then he looked down at the smaller ticket book he held and saw the word, "WARNING"...sheepishly he looked at me, saying, in a different tone, "This is a warning? After what I said to you, you are giving me a warning?" I told him he didn't give me the chance to tell him what I stopped him for, and my policy of writing a ticket for 15 over and he was lucky. He couldn't wait to give me the book back and shake my hand, saying something like he never thought he would ever meet a Cape Coral police officer like me. I DIDN'T DO HIM ANY FAVOR TO WARRANT THAT REPLY, I JUST DID MY JOB FAIRLY AND HONESTLY, NOT TAKING HIS PERSONAL ATTACK ON ME INTO CONSIDERATION. AND THAT IS WHAT I STRIVED FOR IN MY SUPERVISION OF OFFICERS! AND I IMPROVED THE IMAGE OF ALL CAPE OFFICERS IMMEDIATELY IN THE MIND OF ONE CITIZEN.

Until we get a police chief who thinks that way, and treats the officers in THE SAME WAY, FAIRLY AND HONESTLY, YOU WILL HAVE DISGRUNTLED OFFICERS DEALING WITH THE PUIBLIC AND TAKING THEIR MORALE ISSUES OUT ON THEM.

Sure, if your pulling over a car for a tag light, why would they want to shoot you? I mean maybe they are reaching under the seat because their wife burnt the bacon. I think you should train all your guys to wait and get shot, then return fire. It's the nice thing to do after all. Good luck with that.

06-15-2011, 05:32 PM
The people posting about flushing drugs and shooting cops over a traffic stop are the ones watching too many cop shows. I retired without being killed and treating people like I would want to be treated. I am shocked and saddened at the attitude of many in LE. I understand why the average citizen holds LEO's in such contempt. Everyone SWORE to uphold the state and federal constitution when you took this job but it seems like a large percentage thought the oath was just some type of formality and doesn't mean anything. God help this country.

06-18-2011, 04:15 PM
REALLY?? Paranoia huh? Are you all stupid or just drunk on some kind of kool-aid?

Look at the current stats about Officers that are KIA just this year, let alone the last few. Not all Cops are the same, not all areas are the same and EVEREYONE is diffrent. However IT IS dangerous out there and if you are a Cop and do not think so then you NEED to quit. If you are not a Cop and are writting on here, then you are just stupid. What do you really know about Cop work that qualifies you to make a comment on here let alone a judgement?

Anyways, all the Officers on here please STAY SAFE. I believe you are doing an Honorable and great job.

P.S. I do not work at CCPD so keep your stupid comments to yourself. I am an LEO that lives in The Cape. Thank You CCPD for patroling where I live.

07-09-2011, 12:41 AM
Thank you "A Cop" for calling us stupid. That's exactly what I'm talking about. You have no respect for anyone and you're probably one of the bad cops that we've been speaking of. I have never been arrested, although I was harassed repeatedly, just because I spoke my mind. Lucky for me I moved, not only out of Cape Coral, but out of Florida. What I thought would be a nice place to retire became a nightmare, all because of the CCPD. I tried staying for nine years, but just couldn't deal with it any longer. It got to the point that just seeing a CCPD police car made my stomach turn. That's not how someone is supposed to feel about their police department. You should be proud of yourselves! Hopefully the town of Cape Coral will get a real police chief before too long. It's sad that the only reason he got the job is because he practically begged to end his career with that title. Guess King felt sorry for him. Hope they also get a city manager that has more guts than King. He knew he wasn't supposed to give Murphy that job. He'll be on the chopping block before too long. When someone is hired on to a job, they're supposed to follow instructions from their boss. Guess his head grew too big, too fast. Good luck and stay safe to all of the good, honest officers on the force. Hope the rest of you live the same nightmare you made me live.

07-14-2011, 04:47 PM
For heavens sake......, if you ALL put as much effort into work and/or finding work and/or an additional job to provide yourselves some more money, as you do surfing and posting, there would be no complaints, no problems.

07-16-2011, 02:19 AM
That's pretty sad if you moved out of Cape Coral because of the Police Department. I for one have had very few encounters with the police Dept. People who look for trouble will find it. Even growing up as a kid in the city, they cops were never called to my house. The police are there to help, but if you act like an idiot you should be treated like an idiot. I am sure Florida is better off without ya.

07-17-2011, 03:19 PM
That's pretty sad if you moved out of Cape Coral because of the Police Department. I for one have had very few encounters with the police Dept. People who look for trouble will find it. Even growing up as a kid in the city, they cops were never called to my house. The police are there to help, but if you act like an idiot you should be treated like an idiot. I am sure Florida is better off without ya.

Another ignorant Floridian. You don't have to be a trouble maker in Cape Coral to be treated badly. I don't even have so much as a traffic ticket, let alone an arrest. All I did was voice my opinion and it wasn't during a time when police were called. If you speak up in this town, you get put on "their list". Look what they say about the council. Don't you realize that these people live here also and just want to make things better for the town? Poor you, you might have to take a pay cut, lose a benefit, get caught in one of your lies, etc. Don't tell me they don't harass citizens, because I'm not the only citizen that's been harassed and you know it. You must have blinders on to not see how dirty this department is. If you're not "in" with them, you're just plain "out"!

You have some bad officers on this force, just face the facts, or better yet, read this forum, read your newspaper, etc. It's all there in black and white. Again, this just leads me to believe you're one of the bad cops there. To the other ignorant Floridian, I have a job. I just figured since the cops harassed me so much, well...you know the saying, karma is a b**ch brother! Nice name calling pal. I believe that this makes you the idiot!

07-17-2011, 05:59 PM
if you make fun of council you are on the list? Are you oblivious. Make fun of council all you want fire and police dont care. The council ruined both agencies.

07-18-2011, 06:46 PM
if you make fun of council you are on the list? Are you oblivious. Make fun of council all you want fire and police dont care. The council ruined both agencies.

The council didn't ruin the PD & FD, the PD & FD ruined it themselves. When you lie, steal, cheat and commit crimes, you need to expect that before long someone will look into it. You guys were running under the good ol' boy system, which needs to go. Just how did they ruin these two departments, all by themselves, with no help from these two departments? Inquiring minds want to know. Y'all got caught and now you don't like it. Suck it up and be a man and admit when mistakes are made. The only mistake I've seen lately is that JM got promoted to a position he didn't deserve, by a man who has no ba**s! GK should be the next to go.

The proverbial term "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", does not apply in this town. The entire infrastructure is broken and the ones benefiting from it are the ones who are crying the loudest.....hmmmm....PD & FD!

To the officers that were stealing the "education money", you should now be proud of yourselves that the newer officers on the force can't take advantage of something because of your greed. Just how long did you think all of this extra money would last? The economy fizzled, but you don't expect to cut anything? Anything at all?? What makes you better than anyone else? New car designs...pffftttt!!

07-19-2011, 06:29 AM
Get to work

07-20-2011, 09:59 PM
Get to work

Is that your best response, "get to work"? Seriously? Why don't YOU get to work and stop trolling on this site?

07-22-2011, 03:16 AM
Another ignorant Floridian. You don't have to be a trouble maker in Cape Coral to be treated badly. I don't even have so much as a traffic ticket, let alone an arrest. All I did was voice my opinion and it wasn't during a time when police were called. If you speak up in this town, you get put on "their list". Look what they say about the council. Don't you realize that these people live here also and just want to make things better for the town? Poor you, you might have to take a pay cut, lose a benefit, get caught in one of your lies, etc. Don't tell me they don't harass citizens, because I'm not the only citizen that's been harassed and you know it. You must have blinders on to not see how dirty this department is. If you're not "in" with them, you're just plain "out"!

You have some bad officers on this force, just face the facts, or better yet, read this forum, read your newspaper, etc. It's all there in black and white. Again, this just leads me to believe you're one of the bad cops there. To the other ignorant Floridian, I have a job. I just figured since the cops harassed me so much, well...you know the saying, karma is a b**ch brother! Nice name calling pal. I believe that this makes you the idiot!

Let me guess, you were sitting on your couch minding your own business when the big bad cops came in and started harassing you. Please enlighten us on your terrible experience. It sounds to me like you were looking for trouble. What was your opinion that caused all these problems for you? If you’re going to say accusatory comments, you might as well explain yourself. ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????

07-25-2011, 11:48 PM

Let me guess, you were sitting on your couch minding your own business when the big bad cops came in and started harassing you. Please enlighten us on your terrible experience. It sounds to me like you were looking for trouble. What was your opinion that caused all these problems for you? If you’re going to say accusatory comments, you might as well explain yourself. ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????

I was sitting in my car minding my own business, not my couch. I'm a 52 yr old white female, who looks the grandmotherly part. For some reason, which was never given to me, I was pulled over. After I refused to let you "cops" search my car, still with no reason given for being pulled over, you got irritated, to say the least. When I told my husband of 32 yrs about this, he suggested I file a complaint. I was given no ticket and still never told why I was pulled over or why you wanted to search my car. Keeping in mind that I have absolutely no criminal record, no arrests, not even a traffic citation, and being treated like a dog (still with no reason given), I decided maybe I should file a complaint. Well it seems that there are no complaint forms, other than a piece of blank paper and other officers tried to talk me out of filing anything. Telling me "maybe it happened like this", or "maybe it happened like that", or better yet, "are you sure that's what the officer did/said?" Lo and behold, I started getting pulled over more frequently. Never have gotten a ticket and never have been told why. Wait a minute, I remember what one officer said...."your tag light is out". Good one, but it was broad daylight. I still can't figure it out, I just know that every time I saw a CCPD car, I felt sick to my stomach. There.....does that make you feel better???????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????

08-02-2011, 03:24 AM
Officer- "Am I going to find anything illegal in your car?"

Driver- "No, because you are not going to search it..Am I free to leave?"

Officer- will say "yes" or he will be sure to have K9 in route.

That is how the stop should take place.