PDA

View Full Version : A "5TH COLUM" THA BACKFIRED & "DE WORKERS" THAT SELLS U OUT

MEIN KAMPF
05-05-2011, 03:50 AM
A Lesson Learned.

Two high post positions have being “lost” in the resent months. And rumors are that two more others positions outside of our department have being affected by the same political earthquake.

The individuals who “left” these posts, were because of political reasons. Here is my spin as I see the issue:

Among the many things that an skilful politician need to master and be aware of, these two played some role in the resent “vacancies”:

I-) The “Fifth Colum”.

The Italian Niccolo Machiavelli (1469-1527) in his work “The Prince” postulated that there is only two ways in which you can keep others under control. or “at bay”, which is keep them away from harming you. One is by inducing love for you in them . To make them to like you and to love you. In this way, you are securing their loyalty.

Machiavelli also noticed that a man can secured another man loyalty and respect by inducing right the opposite, in this case fear. He reasoned that loyalty base on love and friendship is a weak loyalty. Since it ultimately rest on the individual who loves or likes the other, making the whole issued a subjective issue…. Not good.

On the other hand, Machiavelli saw that loyalty based on fear is stronger and much more reliable. Precisely because it depends not in the subject who loves, but in that one that is inducing fear on others. Also, Love is a choice, while fear is connected to self preservation and self interest. Thus, an example of a “Machiavellic Plan is to preserve onself interest through manipulations and fear. Keeping individuals on their edges pays off.

The problem with this approach is that it backfires you by creating a “Fifth Colum”. We learn from the History of Spain that Fifth Colum is a group of individuals who secretly organized themselves from within your organization, secretly join your exterior enemies with the purpose to overthrown the Machiavellic leader .

Not to keep the people under you “happy” will only resort in the creation of fifth columns. No take home policy, pay raise etc…etc… will only resort in disgruntled people with a lots of incentive to organize themselves, recur to clandestine political skirmish, corporate espionage and actively recruiting more members for their militia. If this phenomenon is left untouched, they will eventually identify your exterior enemies, join them and overthrown you….trust me...not good.

In my view, what happened to the last “vacancies” has being in part, a “Fifth Colum” issue. When the new replacement assumes post, if he don’t give something to the people at the bottom, trust me…the “Fifth Colum” will go back to their old business again.

The other great lesson that I noticed is:

II-) The “Workers”.

For lack of better term, I chose this euphemism instead….lol lol lol lol “The Workers” are individuals who might be members of the “Fifth Column” or not. They have a personal agendas, that goes beyond the comun interest of the general members of the community.

They are motivated either by greed of better positions, or by envy, jealousy and revenge. Usually they want a promotion or to get someone else in troubles and eventually fired.

“The workers” are like vampires that without you noticing, they suck the blood of your attention and weaken your ability to reason objectively and to make wise decision about who gets what, why and where.

These blood suckers knows how to conduct their business very well. remember, this mammals, usually work their victims when they are asleep, in their deep slumber of their new administrative position, they will get their way through a small almost painless incision, in a location of your body where their bounty is more rich.

Don’t forget that right on their tongue they carry enough doses of local anesthesia and anticoagulant that will ensure that the honey of your blood continue distilling right into their licking tongue while you are under the efect of the stupor of your new position.

Meet “The Workers”….they are eager to violate he chain of command and to tell you the things “as they truly are” be aware, they will lick your blood out!

In conclusion, a serious respected and experience leader knows how to deal with both…the Fifth Colum and the Workers.

In my view, this was what catapulted the last two “vacancies”.

Peace.