PDA

View Full Version : Highest Murder Rate in the State

04-28-2011, 03:33 AM
Well we have hit another record in Escambia County. Highest murder rate in the state. We even beat out Dade and Duval. I see all those cleansweeps are really putting a dent in crime. Keep up the good work!

04-28-2011, 03:43 AM
You were not listening when he gave his interview. He said it included the City's cases too. I think they had two or three. What you need to look at is the clearance rate. It can be found on Ricks Blog. Now that's the funny part. Look at how his numbers add up to McNesbys. He ran his pie hole about how we were having a murder a day and no one was going to jail etc.......... Now he can't even get one convicted on the Billings case. Two mistrials and still no conviction. It goes to show you that your entire department will shut down on you when you are as dumb as Thelbert. We've had to walk around and look at that nerd Craig he brought with him and now he can't get no one to clear a case. His %'s aren't even close to what McNesbys were. Maybe he can go visit Charlie Morris and see what he's doing wrong. What a pathetic excuse for a Sheriff.

Oscar M. Weiner
04-28-2011, 02:11 PM
You were not listening when he gave his interview. He said it included the City's cases too. I think they had two or three. What you need to look at is the clearance rate. It can be found on Ricks Blog. Now that's the funny part. Look at how his numbers add up to McNesbys. He ran his pie hole about how we were having a murder a day and no one was going to jail etc.......... Now he can't even get one convicted on the Billings case. Two mistrials and still no conviction. It goes to show you that your entire department will shut down on you when you are as dumb as Thelbert. We've had to walk around and look at that nerd Craig he brought with him and now he can't get no one to clear a case. His %'s aren't even close to what McNesbys were. Maybe he can go visit Charlie Morris and see what he's doing wrong. What a pathetic excuse for a Sheriff.

You must be a pathetic cop....first week of 5th grade government, here we go: The police make the arrest (executive branch). The case goes to the court system (judicial branch) who with their team of lawyers, the State had already determined that there was enough probable cause for an arrest, just the same as the judge determined there was enough probable cause for an arrest after the judge SIGNED the arrest warrant. The police GATHER the evidence and present it to the State Attorney's Office who make the determination if they need more evidence so the fact that the case has ended the way it has has nothing to do with the Sheriff but it is a battle between attorneys, loop holes, grey areas and one guy refusing to testify unless he gets his sentence reduced. you would know the last part if you actually watched the news and not just look at the pictures. So the next time you want to make an arrest (you're most likely some fat slob who has never been a cop before) call your Sergeant and ask him permission.

Deputy Dooley
05-03-2011, 03:45 AM
Murders cannot be prevented. There is no law enforcement action that can "prevent" a murder. All we can do is solve the case when it happens, which sometimes is hard to do. Witnesses generally are not that cooperative or that intelligent (a lot of drug users and criminals themselves) and sometimes there is very little evidence. The cases aren't easy, but I think we do about as good as any agency.

05-03-2011, 04:02 AM
just pointing out the clean sweeps mostly have been done this year....the murder rate was from last year. i dont think the clean sweeps have much effect on violent crime or anything, but there were only a couple( i think two) that were done last year. there have only been a few homicides in 2011 in our county. And none that would have been remotely affected by any clean sweep or any other type of proactive law enforcement. like what was stated above murders are not prevented outside of catching one in progress, and we all know how often that happens. just my .02 cents

05-03-2011, 06:02 AM
Call it Clean Sweeps, it is the same thing that RM was doing and Morgan ended along with many other things the SO. Then 2 years later he knew what was going to be in that report and guess what some of RM's stuff starts appearing again, the Choppers, the TAC unit by a new name, clean sweeps etc.

Morgan found himself out of his element, wishing to be in a bigger spotlight and allowed his ego to eliminate several successful programs and missions. If he had spent less time poking his nose in other Constitutional Officer's business and more time worrying about people getting killed in his county he would be better off.

What we need is someone who WANTS to be Sheriff and who HAS THE EXPERIENCE to lead the department.

It will be really hard for him to defend his record of bigger admin, lower arrest rates, highest murder rate in Escambia County. If I were the County Commissioners and Chamber ... I would be all over him. How can you sell Escambia to incoming businesses when our streets are worse that South Central LA.

Good Going Morgan ... you ensured lower taxes alright but eliminating any chance that we can bring industry here.