PDA

View Full Version : truth about PBA

04-26-2011, 07:40 PM
I dont know why, but right now cecil is our best friend. Yes in the past he wa questionable but now that he is no longer recieving pay from the city he is working in OUR favor and we should keep him.

Lets review. When cecil was president and an officer here he was admin's do boy. Why? Well lets see, community affairs officer, set his own hours, worked when he wanted, made his scedule around details so he was able to clear an extra couple grand a year, PLUS he had a brand new crown vic with cd player and all the bells and whistles.

Now we have an inhouse sgt trying to gain votes. Was he not just promoted to a specialty sgt job where he sets his own hours, was given a nice unmarked car, and kinda comes and goes as he pleases?

Sound familiar?

The best bet for everyones intrest is to have a president that will fight for us. Having a cecil who is a retired officer that they cant kiss up to with perks or retaliate against is our best intrest, unless theres a current officer who is willing to fight for us and turn down the perks and things theyll try to persuade them with.

04-26-2011, 09:38 PM
You Go cecil! keep up the good fight and Baker will fall soon. Or maybe he will just did the right thing and treat us like adults. The problem is he has no staff to depend on. Carr is all about hisself,Viola is tired and weak and Perry acts like a Sunday morning Dunbar Preacher with no back bone.
Sad this is what we have to look forward too!

04-27-2011, 01:25 AM
Yes, Cecil does not any employment ties to this agency except the 10,000 dollars a month plus 3 percent COLA each year for the buyout he negotiated that will single handedly result in everyone else losing the COLA. It is true that he had a cushy position and never "worked" a full day. It is true that he is a scammer then and a scammer now.

I do like having a President that cannot be influenced by anyone else. It creates a good system. However, there is an I in Cecil and not a U. He is purely out for himself.

I want to see the books. I want to see how he is spending our money. He does not want to give it up. Why can't we see where our money is going. Could it be going to his car payment? Could it be going to gas for his car? Could it pay for his car insurance? Could it pay for his cell phone bill? Could it pay for food for his family? Could it be for greens fees at golf? Could it be for clubs to pay golf? Could it be for trips out of town? Could it be for clothes? Could it be for home internet? Could it be for a computer? The list goes on and on....

If he was not getting one heck of a deal with a free credit card on our dime he would not be the President. I agree that he fights for officers, but remember his agenda only revolves around "I", not "we" or "us". What is wrong with showing us the books? Why does he not want us to see how he spends his money. As a dues payer I think we all have a right to see how our money is spent. I think if we see the answer we may want to have someone else in charge......

04-27-2011, 02:22 AM
We need to keep Cecil right where he is. Does anyone want to see Medico, Prince, Gruber, Langton or Beiner as our next president? HELL NO!!!! Each one of them would be easily influenced and intimidated by admin.
Cecil Is a swindler but atleast they cant intimidate him like they can the others.
I agree that he does need to open up the books, but he needs to stay right where he is. Those other guys are only going to blow smoke up your azz. For example, do any of you remember a particular female sgt coming into our briefing and telling our shift that we should accept the pay cut because it would benefit us? I do and I also remember the other cuts that happened

04-27-2011, 04:06 AM
I use to work details with Cecil for many years and I am proud to say that I trust him in all aspects of life, He is a truthful person with a good sense of humor. The alst time I saw cecil at teh Lunch box I asked him if he was playing any golf and he and Chris said not in months. I see what he is doing for us here and I support him and the PBA, By the way i dont think his pension is that high? if it is good for him, he worked the hours and deserves it. I wish I would have left now too, so who was the smart one last year?

04-27-2011, 07:28 AM
Yes, Cecil does not any employment ties to this agency except the 10,000 dollars a month plus 3 percent COLA each year for the buyout he negotiated that will single handedly result in everyone else losing the COLA. It is true that he had a cushy position and never "worked" a full day. It is true that he is a scammer then and a scammer now.

I do like having a President that cannot be influenced by anyone else. It creates a good system. However, there is an I in Cecil and not a U. He is purely out for himself.

I want to see the books. I want to see how he is spending our money. He does not want to give it up. Why can't we see where our money is going. Could it be going to his car payment? Could it be going to gas for his car? Could it pay for his car insurance? Could it pay for his cell phone bill? Could it pay for food for his family? Could it be for greens fees at golf? Could it be for clubs to pay golf? Could it be for trips out of town? Could it be for clothes? Could it be for home internet? Could it be for a computer? The list goes on and on....

If he was not getting one heck of a deal with a free credit card on our dime he would not be the President. I agree that he fights for officers, but remember his agenda only revolves around "I", not "we" or "us". What is wrong with showing us the books? Why does he not want us to see how he spends his money. As a dues payer I think we all have a right to see how our money is spent. I think if we see the answer we may want to have someone else in charge......

Here it is again, yet another attempt to discredit Cecil so that you can make enough people disenfranchised so they don't vote, or look into whoever YOU may think would be a good president. I have a feeling it's part of the email discreditation committee, and not someone who will look out for us.

It's not breaking news that Cecil is sneaky, and probably takes advantage of his position. There's going to be two options for who becomes president. Cecil, and the Medico/Hoover/Admin faction. So you need to make a choice. While you discredit Cecil you're going to allow our union to be run by the administration. Hope you like more work, less pay, and less of a chance to go home every night.

04-27-2011, 02:22 PM
Listen you knucle heads. Cecil is the right guy for the job. Let me explain a few things. About spending PBA money Cecil can not spend any money without the approval of the seceratary which I believe is still Leach.. Now,I know when i was still there Leach spent the money like it was owe "Tight". So all the BS about Cecil paying his bills with PBA money is just that BS. If FMPD votes in a supervisor as your next president you are in for a long four years. When i was there Lehman and Newhouse where both high ranking members of the PBA until they got promoted then they resigned so there was no conflict with the third floor or the troops. They did not want to look like they were kissing A$$ with the third floor while still high ranking memebers of the PBA. If a supervisor his trying to become your president he/she is only looking to move up the food chain and does not care one bit about any of you hard working officers (*believe that) been there seen that.. Now Cecil gets paid one (1) dollar a month for every pba memeber in his region, so that has to be with FMPD, LCSO and Marco 600 to 800 memebers maybe. I am willing to bet that at this point Cecil is working very hard for all of you now and trying to make FMPD a good place to work again. I have to say that I loved working there and loved the FMPD family. I want all of you to do the same. Let Cecil work for you and make it right. Trust me it was not always great when i was there each Chief is different and i worked for several but none like Baker WTF. Baker and his cronies are only out for themselves and not you, so keep Cecil in the fight he will do whatever he can to make it right. I agree Baker needs to go and go now.. Good luck. Please make the right choice.

P.S. I am not Cecil.....

04-27-2011, 11:36 PM
Once the administration fires Edwards,you will have NO ONE fighting for officer rights anymore, they are trying to jam him up on a policy violation, while supervisors have committed crimes and kept their jobs. Mark, I hope you shove it up their a$$.

04-27-2011, 11:56 PM
Once the administration fires Edwards,you will have NO ONE fighting for officer rights anymore, they are trying to jam him up on a policy violation, while supervisors have committed crimes and kept their jobs. Mark, I hope you shove it up their a$$.

Edwards, Martinez and BJ were the shizzat back in the day in the Palm Beach area. They did a great job cleaning up all the thugs out their before stats became important. Go talk to Rudy Cooper about them.....respect. I miss you guys.

04-28-2011, 12:40 AM
Where has Edwards been. His IA is about what? He is one guy who would do anything for anybody, what has this agency come to, what a shame.

04-29-2011, 08:01 AM
I have been around for about 15+ years and I have seen many....many good officers’ get jammed up and fired for minor crap, they were not in cahoots with admin and PBA never gave them a fighting chance. And the reason for that is Admin dictated the PBA President on whom they can or cannot help. Just to name a couple, Pete Soto and Ruggio did not have a fighting chance. Then you have Baker, Vic and Masiero just to name a few that got away with a hell of a lot more horrible crap and then prances around like Charlie's Angels. I'm glad that Cecil has finally broke loose from admin, now maybe the real cops that recently got fired and one who is still waiting and waiting and waiting for his fate (Edwards) can finally get some justice they deserve. Oh yeah, thanks to Dougieboy, Edwards has been on admin paid vacation! :lol: Edwards can just add his name to list of people who has filed a law suit against this agency. Stick it to them boys. :cop:

Amen, Edwards is a great guy, he has helped me on arrests,fixed my car for free on his off time and even helped talk me through personal issues at home. He is a good family man, I always remember seeing him and his kids at the station. He always was fighting for fair treatment of officers against this bs we are constantly dealing with. I hope everything works out and he is back on the road soon. When is his IA ending?

04-29-2011, 01:48 PM
The IA investigation into Ofc. Edwards is a warning from Chief Baker and the administration that any view that is not accepted by them will be met with retalliation. Edwards voiced his feelings on our pay cut and the hypocracy of our supervisors and they went out of their way to find a way to screw with him. I hope this place grows up...